i've been trying to set up additional sharkmer followers but the faces remain the default grey even within the ck,exporting facegen files didn't work either,,i'm lost there..

Yeah, that is due to the way the head is set up. If you check out the face texture file generated by the CK, it will be plain grey, adn that is the problem. What you have to do is this: once you set up the skin tone, note down the color (RGB or Hex code, can't remember which one the CK uses). Then open the generated face texture in a texture editor, paint it all in the same color you selected for the skin (this is why you had to note down the color code), and save. It should then look fine.

TBH... it looks kinda creepy and toony. But to thank you for all your quick replies on "Complete Khajiit," I don't mind making the models for you. The schlong is a closed off entrance with a fat veiny worm behind it right? And if you want the feet to fit right, then upload the feet mesh you want me to edit as an OBJ so I can only work on the bottom part, as well as a picture of how you want the feet. That should only take me an hour to do and the rest will be up to Bad Dog.

I can also try just moving the poly around and see if UVs and textures still work for the feet. Then I can re-mesh, smooth, and add detail as a separate file just in case it doesn't. Or if you want new textures and more detail.

Either the body would have to be edited or the front part would have to be a separate body part. I'm guessing Bad Dog doesn't animate it and it just pops up, so the schlong would have to be a separate mesh correct? Or one with just the front part and one with the front part opened and the schlong attached, just swapping places. Just get Bad Dog to give the thumbs up or not. Maybe he already has one in progress or give details on how he does it as explained.

Oh, well, thank you very much for the offer. I have to say I just helped you with your project just because I liked it and I wanted it to progress, and also because I like helping people, not because I wanted anything in return. Though if you do want to help me with this, sure, go ahead, I won't stop you  :P .

I know it looks cartoony, but that was kind of the point of the original mod, so there's little to be done without a new head mesh. I mentioned it in some previous post, so maybe you could indeed help with it: maybe a modified Argonian head mesh edited to look more like a shark instead of a reptile would do the trick, and also improve helmet compatibility because it would mean they could use Argonian head gear instead of the upscaled human gear they get with the skeleton node trick AyyRofLmao came up with.

The thing would be just like with your Khajiit head: take a CITRUS head, don't touch polycount, just move polys around, and potentially don't touch eye or mouth areas so that vanilla Argonian head and mouth meshes can be used. Maybe touching those areas is fine as long as the edits done to the head are also done to eyes and mouth. I guess if polycount is the same, the mouth/eyes should animate properly even if they are moved from their vanilla position, right?. As there would be no need to touch the neck and the weights it has, I would just need the .obj file, I'm sure I can get it working ingame just fine, and same for eyes/mouth if necessary.

That was as far as the head is concerned. For the feet, as I said I already asked BadDog for help, because I wanted something similar to his Argonian digitigrade feet, but obviously more shark-y and also built for the plantigrade skeleton instead.

I wasn't planning on using the current feet for it, just a brand new mesh built by BadDog. if you do think you can come up with something good, you can give it a try. Maybe you can just take the current feet for reference and expand/build on them, adding polys or changing UVs if required. If you do want to try, let me know and I will try to give you ideas on how I picture it.

As for schlongs, well, I have not done any research on how shark bits look like, so I'll just take your word  :P. BadDog does schlongs by making several different meshes for different states of "erection" (like, peeking out, halfway there, almost out, and fully extended), and swapping them on runtime as needed. The other option would be to create a schlong that is shaped in a way that it doesn't need to "unsheath", kinda like normal human SOS schlongs are (so swapping meshes is not required), but still looks appropiate for a shark race. Similar to what BD did for his Orc schlong using a mesh originally built for Trolls (meaning procedure, I don't think the troll schlong would fit).

I'd say my priority would be the heads if you don't mind, 'cause you have the skills and talent required to make them look great, and I can probably implement them easily. For both feet and schlongs, I would need help in getting them weight painted and working ingame, so i would probably have to ask BD for help on that. Still, any work you could do on them would also be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, i'm going to go ahead and upload the current feet, just in case. Here you go. It's straight out of NifSkope's OBJ export tool, so it should be fine:

attachicon.gifSharkFeeet.7z

Just one last detail, I have a request about the UVs. I would like them to be shifted downwards, so the same texture file can hold both textures for human feet in their place in the upper part of the canvas and for beast feet in the lower part. That way, if some feet gear that shows skin is equipped, it will use textures for human feet and look right. Like this:

attachicon.gifFemaleFeetBD.png

As for how I want them to look, to be honest I don't have a clear idea. Maybe some of the drawings posted in the first post of the Anthro Shark Race thread could give you some ideas, specially the last three pics from the bottom. Seeing your Khajiit, I'm sure you can make them look good.

Hope that pic is clear enough. Note that the UV layout in the beast feet area is just from BD's Argonian feet, if you decide to do this you can set it up the way you like as long as it doesn't overlap with human feet UVs.

I saw some pics, aren't really any good pictures that I was able to come across, but a shark has two penises. They aren't even centered. If it were me, I would just use one from a whale or dolphin. So yah, I'll just leave that to Bad Dog.

As for the, feet, if you want it based on Bad Dogs skeletal structure, I can make a base model for him to work on. He would have to adjust the shape, re-mesh, lower poly, new UVs, then rebuild weights.  I'll see what I can do with the feet for now, and give the head a shot.

i've been trying to set up additional sharkmer followers but the faces remain the default grey even within the ck,exporting facegen files didn't work either,,i'm lost there..

Yeah, that is due to the way the head is set up. If you check out the face texture file generated by the CK, it will be plain grey, adn that is the problem. What you have to do is this: once you set up the skin tone, note down the color (RGB or Hex code, can't remember which one the CK uses). Then open the generated face texture in a texture editor, paint it all in the same color you selected for the skin (this is why you had to note down the color code), and save. It should then look fine.

ahh,thx a lot

Something like this for example?

https://gyazo.com/6b3cbf855d59f650dd0b27bd1cb4f614

Anyways, I'll be out all day tomorrow, so I'll start on the head the day after. I've already planned on making a fish race for my game with half digitigrade legs, so this gave me a few ideas. However, that's very far on my to do list.

Oh, good to see some progress.

Okay, first and foremost, I was aimimg for maximum compatibility so most or all mod-added gear can be used on them, so I think it would be better to use the default/plantigrade skeleton config instead of BD's one. Therefore, the new feet would have to fit in the dimensions of the mesh I gave you, at least in the height from ankle to sole (making them wider or longer is fine, though).

Having said that, let's get to the looks: the back looks great with that fin-like shape, but I'm not a fan of the front with the webbed feet, at least not to that extent. I was aiming more for just clawed toes. That's why said I wanted some in the style of BadDog's Argonian feet, but more fitting for a shark. Meaning, no random dewclaws (or whatever they are called) sticking out of the sides or anything, and also have the shape smoothed so it looks like it is indeed covered in shark skin instead of big and thick reptilian scales (sharks actually do have scales, but from what I've read, they are so small we can just say they have skin).

I'm not sure I can provide you with exact references for what I want, but for example I can give you my opinion of the last three drawings from the Anthro Shark thread I mentioned, so you can extrapolate: The third from the bottom (the blue shark) has some bland and cartoony feet, but the overall shape I like because it gives the feeling of "aquatic" anatomy but without going all-in for frog feet. The next one is not that bad, though it looks a bit too much like a paw with inflated toes to me. The last one is not very visible, because the angle is from the side, but I like the looks of the claws.

Sorry for not being able to be more specific.

Anyway, if someone else has ideas or reference for how they think the feet should look, feel free to post them. I'm open to accepting those, specially if I see something that I like that is more specific than the mess I just posted above.

Anyways, I'll be out all day tomorrow, so I'll start on the head the day after. I've already planned on making a fish race for my game with half digitigrade legs, so this gave me a few ideas. However, that's very far on my to do list.

Okay, first and foremost, I was aimimg for maximum compatibility so most or all mod-added gear can be used on them, so I think it would be better to use the default/plantigrade skeleton config instead of BD's one. Therefore, the new feet would have to fit in the dimensions of the mesh I gave you, at least in the height from ankle to sole (making them wider or longer is fine, though).

Having said that, let's get to the looks: the back looks great with that fin-like shape, but I'm not a fan of the front with the webbed feet, at least not to that extent. I was aiming more for just clawed toes. That's why said I wanted some in the style of BadDog's Argonian feet, but more fitting for a shark. Meaning, no random dewclaws (or whatever they are called) sticking out of the sides or anything, and also have the shape smoothed so it looks like it is indeed covered in shark skin instead of big and thick reptilian scales (sharks actually do have scales, but from what I've read, they are so small we can just say they have skin).

I'm not sure I can provide you with exact references for what I want, but for example I can give you my opinion of the last three drawings from the Anthro Shark thread I mentioned, so you can extrapolate: The third from the bottom (the blue shark) has some bland and cartoony feet, but the overall shape I like because it gives the feeling of "aquatic" anatomy but without going all-in for frog feet. The next one is not that bad, though it looks a bit too much like a paw with inflated toes to me. The last one is not very visible, because the angle is from the side, but I like the looks of the claws.

Anyway, if someone else has ideas or reference for how they think the feet should look, feel free to post them. I'm open to accepting those, specially if I see something that I like that is more specific than the mess I just posted above.

So wouldn't it be best to just edit upon his model rather than start from scratch? If the leg connection isn't the right width, I can just cut that part off and do a merge down on his model. Gonna  have to wait until Monday.

So wouldn't it be best to just edit upon his model rather than start from scratch? Gonna have to wait until Monday.
Take all the time you need, no worries.

Well, you may be right. The thing is, BD's feet are tailored to to the digitigrade skeleton, and IMHO they don't look that good when you use them with a default/plantigrade one, so I guessed using the current (plantigrade) feet as a base would make it easier to be sure it would fit in height and position and stuff, though I may be wrong. If you do need BD's feet, let me know and I'll post the .obj files here.

So wouldn't it be best to just edit upon his model rather than start from scratch? Gonna have to wait until Monday.
Take all the time you need, no worries.

Well, you may be right. The thing is, BD's feet are tailored to to the digitigrade skeleton, and IMHO they don't look that good when you use them with a default/plantigrade one, so I guessed using the current (plantigrade) feet as a base would make it easier to be sure it would fit in height and position and stuff, though I may be wrong. If you do need BD's feet, let me know and I'll post the .obj files here.

I can load more than one model at once so I can move things around to make the dimensions match the other. Just upload the feet you want me to edit (Bad Dog's argonian feet) and the plantigrade feet you want me to go by.

Things should go quick from there. I'll download them tomorrow night.

This is glorious so far! Everything is working great. I would like to request one thing, though, after spending far too long on a failed adjustment in outfit studio. Any chance for a ball-less SOS for female option? (CBBE version)

You can achieve that if you replace the schlong meshes (malegenitalsf_1.nif and malegenitalsf_0.nif) in the "meshes\1custom\shark race\Schlong\" folder with the ones from a ball-less SOS schlong compatible with CBBE.

There should be one with bodyslide support somewhere in the Futa Content Thread IIRC. You would have to use Bodyslide to generate schlong meshes for your chosen body preset and then replace the Sharkmer schlong files with the ones generated by Bodyslide as instructed above.

I can load more than one model at once so I can move things around to make the dimensions match the other. Just upload the feet you want me to edit (Bad Dog's argonian feet) and the plantigrade feet you want me to go by.

Things should go quick from there. I'll download them tomorrow night.

Alright, here you go, both male and female versions of BadDog's Argonian feet and the original female Sharkmer feet. Since the idea is to modify BD's meshes while keeping the ankle seam untouched and the shark feet are only for height/placement reference, I guess just the female version is enough.

I've already given my ideas about the looks on my previous post, so there's that. Again, if someone has a clear idea or some reference material on how they think the feet should like, go ahead and post it while there is still time to alter the design. I wouldn't want to make Nightro create the mesh and ask BadDog to go through the process of getting it ingame only for people to actually not like the end result.

i have a couple sharkgirl pics with different foot types to contribute if u want to maybe pic out a foot style from 1

Well, then by all means go ahead and post the pics if you want, or at least a link to them.

The more references we have, the better. Plus, I want to hear what people have to say about it. After all, I uploaded all of this so other people could have access to it and enjoy it, so I would want the users of the mod to have a word on how it should look.

perhaps it would be better to do each type of foot? 1 human like as in the top 3 pics (or keep the original 3 toed 1 they have now) and 1 animal like as in the last 2 pics. that way people can choose to use what they like. personally i like both styles

the pics may also give u ideas for different skin meshes as well :)

perhaps it would be better to do each type of foot? 1 human like as in the top 3 pics (or keep the original 3 toed 1 they have now) and 1 animal like as in the last 2 pics. that way people can choose to use what they like. personally i like both styles

Okay, thank you for the pics, they should come in handy for reference. Also I really like some of them, so I might keep them for, huh, another kind of future reference :P .

As far as the first three, they just have clawed feet, or maybe you could even call some of them them paws (the second and third ones remind me of Grimoas' Plantigrade feet). The first one does seem to have some kind of digitigrade shape, but it may just be the character standing on her toes, as all three seem to be doing. Anyway, the current three-toed humanoid clawed feet should do the trick for them, though as stated it only works for UNP. I *could* restore them for CBBE females, but then any foot gear that showed skin would look bad unless it was made for UNP (so then you would have to mix CBBE bodies with UNP footwear).

Huh, wait. There is some UV trick I think I could use to solve that last CBBE issue, but it may result in ankle seams, so I have to try it out first before any further actions. Okay, I gave it a quick try, and nope, that ain't gonna work, at least for now. I may revisit this idea sometime later, but I don't think I can get anything out of it.

Now, as for the last two pics, that is more like it :D. The overall design seems to be more paw-shaped than talon-shaped than I originally intended the feet to be, but somehow they look really great to me, specially with that small fin in the back. I'd say my favourite is the "Rei" one (second from the bottom), with the three-toed clawed "paw", but the four-toed last one also looks good.

So, yeah. My vote for the beast feet would be for the last two, more specifically for the first of the two. It looks great. If there are no further comments or ideas, I think I will choose that design. Specifics would be up to Nightro, though, but the main concept would be set.

Edited by Blaze69

The overall design seems to be more paw-shaped than talon-shaped than I originally intended the feet to be,

u mean like a dragon/reptile like foot? i have pics of those too

Nah, I was refering to BadDog's Argonian feet. I thought those could be a good base to work on and I posted them for Nightro to download, but now I'm in love with those paws from the Rei pic you posted (and with the whole character, and I don't even know why :shy: ), so I guess it was not that good of an idea.

Maybe I'll upload BD's Khajiit feet for Nightro as well, considering they are closer to this design that the Argonian ones. Then he can decide which mesh to work on, and that's it.

As for any more of this kind of pics you might have, I'll admit I wouldn't mind taking a look at them :P , but I don't want to clutter the thread with even more pics, so if you could just post a link to the album instead of the pics themselves or something like that, it would be nice. No pressure or need to do it, though, just asking in case it's possible.

EDIT: Okay, here they are. Same deal as the previous file, male and female versions of BD's Khajiit feet in .OBJ format, straight out of NifSkope's export tool. The reference feet is the same I included with the Argonian meshes, so i've seen no reason to pack them here as well.

Nightro, just pick the one you think is more appropiate for that design between these and the Argonian ones. As I said in the post above, I think I would like to have the design from the second pic from the bottom, so if you could make them like that (maybe with some extra edits if you like), I would be really grateful.

Edited by Blaze69

Thanks for the great mod, mate.

Though I have run into one little problem.

Circlets do not look quite right on my poor Sharkmer, Riptide. They sort of fall over her eyes, and look a bit silly

attachicon.gif72850_screenshots_20161112115858_1.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately, quite a lot of head gears aren't meshed for our current Sharkmers. Maybe someone could at least make meshes for our circlets for them, but I don't know of many people that'd want to do that for a furry/scalie race. >< You could take up Malbol's suggestion, and you could also look for that mod that allows you to craft wear an invisible version of a lot of head gears here! It also adds a bunch of other stuff, but you can figure it out by checking it out.