Added this to Izumi's journal:

He did not know the full details, but the reason goes deeper than just having one of his parents be of a different race. Most Selachii know our race came from Akavir, but few know of a human race that originated there. The suggestion is that our race intermingled with them, and thus certain traits became possible, if rare, among Selachii.

Added this to "Selachii Legacy":

However, the cause of this is not something recent, as in, it is not due to the Selachii having contact with the other races of Tamriel. Instead, it is related to a Human race that once lived in Akavir, which seems to have been on good terms with the Selachii. Enough that we were almost an allied race, and thus it was not uncommon for them to live in our surface cites. Some records suggest that pairings of the two races were not widespread, but common enough that it caused a change within our race. Some human traits began to be seen in Selachii, one of these allowing for the possibility of a male Selachii, or a female born with male genitalia, to possess a more human-shaped penis.

Also amended part of the book's Anatomy section:

Similarly, I have noted this outcome to be rare as well, but slightly less so. In conversation with a few of my peers, I have the theory that it is an emergent factor within our race, likely due to our interaction with the Akaviri. It is something that may not be prevalent, but it is something that has never been exactly rare. I would guess a ratio of 5:2, for every five female Selachii, two of them may possess male genitalia.

One of my friends suggested that, given our race's leaning towards conflict and action, something may be tipping scales in the direction of the female gender, even though it is not as if the female members of the Selachii race are all delicate housemaids. Most are far from it, in fact. Still, no matter what the cause is, I would personally rather celebrate it, than spread lies.

Added this to Izumi's journal:

He did not know the full details, but the reason goes deeper than just having one of his parents be of a different race. Most Selachii know our race came from Akavir, but few know of a human race that originated there. The suggestion is that our race intermingled with them, and thus certain traits became possible, if rare, among Selachii.

Added this to "Selachii Legacy":

However, the cause of this is not something recent, as in, it is not due to the Selachii having contact with the other races of Tamriel. Instead, it is related to a Human race that once lived in Akavir, which seems to have been on good terms with the Selachii. Enough that we were almost an allied race, and thus it was not uncommon for them to live in our surface cites. Some records suggest that pairings of the two races were not widespread, but common enough that it caused a change within our race. Some human traits began to be seen in Selachii, one of these allowing for the possibility of a male Selachii, or a female born with male genitalia, to possess a more human-shaped penis.

Also amended part of the book's Anatomy section:

Similarly, I have noted this outcome to be rare as well, but slightly less so. In conversation with a few of my peers, I have the theory that it is an emergent factor within our race, likely due to our interaction with the Akaviri. It is something that may not be prevalent, but it is something that has never been exactly rare. I would guess a ratio of 5:2, for every five female Selachii, two of them may possess male genitalia.

One of my friends suggested that, given our race's leaning towards conflict and action, something may be tipping scales in the direction of the female gender, even though it is not as if the female members of the Selachii race are all delicate housemaids. Most are far from it, in fact. Still, no matter what the cause is, I would personally rather celebrate it, than spread lies.

Nice way of integrating it into the lore and books, I like it! Also that was really fast, lol. Great work!  :lol:

BTW, as a side note, are any of the books (apart from Mizuno's and Vaynelle's Journals) finished? All of the extracts you've posted have been great so far, but with me being busy with the update and all, I've kinda lost track of them and I'm not sure if any of them was ready to be introduced ingame. No need to rush them or anything if they are not done yet, though. Just asking in case I missed anything  :shy:.

BTW, as a side note, are any of the books (apart from Mizuno's and Vaynelle's Journals) finished? All of the extracts you've posted have been great so far, but with me being busy with the update and all, I've kinda lost track of them and I'm not sure if any of them was ready to be introduced ingame. No need to rush them or anything if they are not done yet, though. Just asking in case I missed anything  :shy:.

Ko'Maru-Mirabelle Letter - Done. Could add this to a Google Doc if needed, though I haven't made any change or additions since posting it. 

Mizno's Journal - 9 Entries done, maybe 5 more to do? The last one is intended to mention things like rumors of Helgen, which works even with Alt-Start mods, since at least Skyrim Unbound and LAL both go with the idea that those events happened. 

Ko'Maru's book, "Powerless" - Contains three stories, The Path to OblivionDarkness, and Nature's Gift. Might even be a better idea for these to be separate books, with no need for an overall title. But these are far from done, I've only started on Path to Oblivion

I have also been doing a dialog for Lyra, obviously, and I will be doing a journal for her too. 

Ko'Maru-Mirabelle Letter - Done. Could add this to a Google Doc if needed, though I haven't made any change or additions since posting it. 

Mizno's Journal - 9 Entries done, maybe 5 more to do? The last one is intended to mention things like rumors of Helgen, which works even with Alt-Start mods, since at least Skyrim Unbound and LAL both go with the idea that those events happened. 

Ko'Maru's book, "Powerless" - Contains three stories, The Path to OblivionDarkness, and Nature's Gift. Might even be a better idea for these to be separate books, with no need for an overall title. 

I have also been doing a dialog for Lyra, obviously, and I will be doing a journal for her too. 

Neat. I'll go back to the post with the note and place it in Ko'Maru's room. I think I'll leave Mizuno's journal on hold for a little while, but I may add what's done so far if I feel like it one of this days.

I don't think I have the link for Ko'Maru's books. Did you make a doc for it, or is it in one of the other docs? In fact, I could use a list with the links to all the stuff you've done, because I seem to have lost track of the .txt file I used to keep them in when I did the while cleaning on my "working files" folder after the update  :s.

I don't think I have the link for Ko'Maru's books. Did you make a doc for it, or is it in one of the other docs? In fact, I could use a list with the links to all the stuff you've done, because I seem to have lost track of the .txt file I used to keep them in when I did the while cleaning on my "working files" folder after the update  :s.

Have not made one yet for it, since while the first part of the story is...well, started, I made the mistake of describing the MC of Path to Oblivion as an Imperial, rather than a Nord as I intended. So I will need to rewrite a fair bit of it to fix that. The others, I have not started yet. 

Anyway...a bit of info on these stories.

The Path to Oblivion - Born to parents that count among the Nobility of Solitude, Jona seeks more than just running the family business. Taking an interest in magic from the Court Mage, his parents support his choice, and he leaves Solitude, traveling to the College of Winterhold. 

Darkness - The existence of the Daedra is not easy. If not able to be summoned by mortals, or useful to the Princes, what good are you? For Kael, he wanders Oblivion for centuries, before he finds one who would show a rare kindness to him, yet bathing him in all the darkness that existence has to offer. In this, he becomes strong, but soon chooses to show others the paths to power. 

Nature's Gift - If you are abandoned by society, perhaps there is another option for you. If you are willing to accept the Gift of Nature, and understand what it means to embrace your new mother. (No names or real solid ideas for this one just yet). 

Have not made one yet for it, since while the first part of the story is...well, started, I made the mistake of describing the MC of Path to Oblivion as an Imperial, rather than a Nord as I intended. So I will need to rewrite a fair bit of it to fix that.

Anyway...a bit of info on these stories.

[...]

...ever thought about writing proffessionally or posting your stuff in some place for similar content? 'Cause this all sounds really good, lol  :lol:. I'll be more than honoured to have your stories integrated in this mod, thank you very much.

And yeah, as always, take all the time you need. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.  :shy:

[...] I've also thought about including some specific custom gear to fit the characters. Not sure about what kind of gear to use for each NPC, though. So if you (Kuroyami of anybody else) have any ideas or know of any mods with custom gear you think would fit the characters, let me know and I'll look into integrating them with the mod if the permissions allow it, maybe with some texturing edits to make them more unique; and obviously with UUNP support for the female armors (no need for UUNP to exist for the original mod, mind you; I can take care of building it if needed).

Just wanted to bring this up again, in case it was lost inside my long post about Selachii lore.

Again, if anybody knows of any armor or clothes that they think would fit the characters (or the shark race as a whole, at least), I would like to know. Nothing mandatory or really important, of course, so no need to to go crazy searching for stuff or anything like that; but if it's done well it can help a lot in characterization, and that's why I'm interested. Just asking in case somebody has some ideas or some outfit they use specifically for their shark character because they think it fits or whatever. (And don't feel compelled to reply to this if you don't have any ideas at hand, Kuroyami. You've done more than enough already writing most of the race's lore, lol  :shy:).

Some screenshots and a preset file for Moku. [...]

Also, I'm not sure if it is possible, but could the female feet for the Selachii be made compatible with UUNP?

Neat! I'll add her to the "To Do" list. I'm going to be a bit busy today, and I also want to take a small break from working on this and actually play the game, so it will have to wait. I'll resume work sometime during the weekend. So, I guess the ETA for the next update is Saturday/Sunday, though as always, I can't promise anything. Also it will only include changes to the Follower plugin itself, the race has not ben touched since the last update.

EDIT: Oh, and about the feet, yes, it's possible. Why do you ask, though?

Most UUNP bodies use the vanilla ankle seam standard, which the feet is already fit to, so they should work fine. The only UUNP bodies that may have issues are those that only use the _1 version of the wrist/ankle seams (like UNPBO and 7BO) or that use weird seam configs (7B Bombshell does that, but you can use Cleavage, Natural or Original instead; all of them use the vanilla standard).

Anyway, I'll take a look at it, but as I said, work on this is on hold untill the weekend.

Edited by Blaze69

EDIT: Oh, and about the feet, yes, it's possible. Why do you ask, though?

Most UUNP bodies use the vanilla ankle seam standard, which the feet is already fit to, so they should work fine. The only UUNP bodies that may have issues are those that only use the _1 version of the wrist/ankle seams (like UNPBO and 7BO) or that use weird seam configs (7B Bombshell does that, but you can use Cleavage, Natural or Original instead; all of them use the vanilla standard).

Anyway, I'll take a look at it, but as I said, work on this is on hold untill the weekend.

Normally, I've been using the Seraphim body, though generated in Bodyslide. With that, I've seen no problems with the race. Though recently I've been using the body preset posted by Jerok in his w.i.p thread, and that one seems to have mesh seam with the female feet with this race. 

Normally, I've been using the Seraphim body, though generated in Bodyslide. With that, I've seen no problems with the race. Though recently I've been using the body preset posted by Jerok in his w.i.p thread, and that one seems to have mesh seam with the female feet with this race.

Oh, I see. That body must use one of the sliders that alter the ankle seam, then. As I said, I'll take a look at it when I get back to working on this during the weekend.

Ello, I'm kind of confused, and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there's a lot of content here to look through to try to find the answer, so I might of missed it.  I'm seeing people with shark looking males, with the shark heads, but on the download page it notes how males look like argonians, which is what mine are like.

Ello, I'm kind of confused, and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there's a lot of content here to look through to try to find the answer, so I might of missed it.  I'm seeing people with shark looking males, with the shark heads, but on the download page it notes how males look like argonians, which is what mine are like.

Yeah, those male pics you mention are most certainly from the old version, which used the cartoony-style heads that came with the original mod.

As I explain in the description, I'm in the process of overhauling both male and female heads, but only females are done so far (and that's why the current release with them is tagged as "Beta"). Everything is already set up for males, I'm just waiting on the head meshes themselves. Last I heard, the author of the new heads decided to take a break from working on this once he finished the female heads, so for now males (and therefore the "official" non-beta version of the 3.0 update as well) are on hold untill I get news from him about the male head meshes.

If you want to use the older version, you need to download the 2.75 version of the mod from the "Mirrors" link in the download section (the one with the weird name in the green box). The file was over LL's file size limit, so I had to upload it to Mega.

I hope everything is going smoothly :D

Oh, yeah, don't worry about that. In fact, I recently got news from Nightro. He's doing okay (and still breathing), which is great  :P. He has taken a break from working on this, but he intends to start working on males soon. No ETA or anything, because this things can't be rushed (and I wouldn't feel good doing so), but rest assured it will be done.

As for me, I was kind of in a break too, because I wanted to actually play the game, but the latest version of Yiffy Age has some issues I want to fix. Since YA has become an integral part of my game, I won't be able to start a proper playthrough untill it's all fixed and set up, so I guess my plans are to finish my edits to YA first, then play for a while, and then return to working on this. Not that there is that much left to do here, though; I have an almost-finished update for the follower plugin that implements the new NPC looks created by Kuroyami (as shown in my pics a few pages back) and I could probably add Moku as well, but that's about it.

So, yeah. Unless I come up with some random idea or anybody has some suggestion I could look at, I'm in no rush to return this to be prioritary for the near future. Getting burned out with this is really easy, specially considering I have to deal with the CK, lol  :s.

I hope everything is going smoothly :D

Oh, yeah, don't worry about that. In fact, I recently got news from Nightro. He's doing okay (and still breathing), which is great  :P. He has taken a break from working on this, but he intends to start working on males soon. No ETA or anything, because this things can't be rushed (and I wouldn't feel good doing so), but rest assured it will be done.

As for me, I was kind of in a break too, because I wanted to actually play the game, but the latest version of Yiffy Age has some issues I want to fix. Since YA has become an integral part of my game, I won't be able to start a proper playthrough untill it's all fixed and set up, so I guess my plans are to finish my edits to YA first, then play for a while, and then return to working on this. Not that there is that much left to do here, though; I have an almost-finished update for the follower plugin that implements the new NPC looks created by Kuroyami (as shown in my pics a few pages back) and I could probably add Moku as well, but that's about it.

So, yeah. Unless I come up with some random idea or anybody has some suggestion I could look at, I'm in no rush to return this to be prioritary for the near future. Getting burned out with this is really easy, specially considering I have to deal with the CK, lol  :s.

I actually do have an idea though :D

Is there any way of getting Digitigrade, clawed feet on the sharkmer? and maybe have a clawed hand option? I don't really like the fingernails too much.. they're too silly on a shark race in my opinion...

Is there any way of getting Digitigrade, clawed feet on the sharkmer? and maybe have a clawed hand option? I don't really like the fingernails too much.. they're too silly on a shark race in my opinion...

Nightro already made some awesome beast feet for the sharks, but BadDog had problems porting and rigging the meshes, so the whole thing was put on hold. I can ask BD about the feet again, but since he just released the 2.0 version of Yiffy Age and AFAIK intends to work on the standalone Hoodies mod for a while, it's safe to assume he is going to be busy, so I don't think we will be getting the new feet anytime soon. I wouldn't hurt to ask, though, so I may do so. In case you are wondering, you can find the design Nightro used as a base here (check the spoiler, first pic), and the WIP pic of the actual feet mesh is here.

As for the hands, yes, in theory I should be able to give them hands with actual modeled claws just like the Lykaios have, but I would probably need to tweak the textures to fit the claws. I'll add it to the To Do list alongside the UUNP support for the feet.

Nightro already made some awesome beast feet for the sharks, but BadDog had problems porting and rigging the meshes, so the whole thing was put on hold. I can ask BD about the feet again, but since he just released the 2.0 version of Yiffy Age and AFAIK intends to work on the standalone Hoodies mod for a while, it's safe to assume he is going to be busy, so I don't think we will be getting the new feet anytime soon. I wouldn't hurt to ask, though, so I may do so. In case you are wondering, you can find the design Nightro used as a base here (check the spoiler, first pic), and the WIP pic of the actual feet mesh is here.

As for the hands, yes, in theory I should be able to give them hands with actual modeled claws just like the Lykaios have, but I would probably need to tweak the textures to fit the claws. I'll add it to the To Do list alongside the UUNP support for the feet.

Coolio. I would love to see how it goes when and if it eventually goes into progress.. :D

I think the CBBE body textures seem to be missing the vagina, unless that's just an oddity of my setup. I added one in, but before I did, it was just sort of the gray background color of the .dds file.

Yeah, well, they are not supposed to include a vagina texture. I guess you are using Clams of Skyrim, right?

The thing is, it has been a while since the last time I used CBBE, and when I took a look at COS, it looked a bit... sloppy. And not only was it not "officially" supported by Caliente and the CBBE team, but (more important) I wasn't able to get it to work no matter how hard I tried. On the other hand, UUNP Special was really easy to set up and worked flawlessly, though, so I just made the jump to UUNP and forgot about COS/CBBE.

If you don't mind, could you share your edited textures? That way I can include them in the next update, an it's better to use your own because you can actually test them ingame.

Edited by Blaze69

The fingernails are supposed to have high poly right? I can probably mask only the fingernail then reverse it, edit them, then thicken some parts like the Rei picture evenly by soft mask-reverse-and inflate in high-res mode. If someone wants to get me the Unified UNP Hands Special mesh for females and whatever the best one for males are (because I'm lazy), I'll take a look at them. It might be a short project and I'll consider doing it sometime early in the future. It depends on the fingernail mesh though, so no promises.

The fingernails are supposed to have high poly right? I can probably mask only the fingernail then reverse it, edit them, then thicken some parts like the Rei picture evenly by soft mask-reverse-and inflate in high-res mode. If someone wants to get me the Unified UNP Hands Special mesh for females and whatever the best one for males are (because I'm lazy), I'll take a look at them. It might be a short project and I'll consider doing it sometime early in the future. It depends on the fingernail mesh though, so no promises.

Oh, I didn't mean to actually create the clawed hands myself.

There are some already done and looking good, most notably the ones from Better Claws and Gauntlets (same as the ones used by the Lykaios) and BadDog's own female clawed hands (which IMO are even better because they have claws that are really close to the ones in the Rei pic). As I said, I would only have to tweak the current hand textures to make them fit the claws.

If you want to give a shot at creating your own clawed hands, then by all means go ahead, but it may be a little difficult. While the UUNP Hands have a higher polycount than the vanilla ones, it looks like there aren't enough polys in the fingertips to properly extrude/edit them into claws, and the extra "nail tip" mesh they include is (understandably) low poly. So you would probably have to actually add new geometry, but I'm not sure how the rigging would work, since you have so many finger bones really close to each other.

Edited by Blaze69

Sharks have big eyes though :/

Yeah, I know that, but we had to make do with the Argonian heads. Building a new head from scratch would take too much work, so this is as good as it gets. It's true making the eyes a bit bigger (but obviously not as big as with the old cartoony head) would probably look good, but it would screw up the head morphs, so it's not an option.

Besides, Nightro did an awesome job on the heads, and I'm pretty happy with them (and judging by the comments, most of the users are happy as well). If you or anybody else prefer the old heads, they are stil available for download as stated in the description and in one of my posts in the last few pages.

Oh, I didn't mean to actually create the clawed hands myself.

There are some already done and looking good, most notably the ones from Better Claws and Gauntlets (same as the ones used by the Lykaios) and BadDog's own female clawed hands (which IMO are even better because they have claws that are really close to the ones in the Rei pic). As I said, I would only have to tweak the current hand textures to make them fit the claws.

If you want to give a shot at creating your own clawed hands, then by all means go ahead, but it may be a little difficult. While the UUNP Hands have a higher polycount than the vanilla ones, it looks like there aren't enough polys in the fingertips to properly extrude/edit them into claws, and the extra "nail tip" mesh they include is (understandably) low poly. So you would probably have to actually add new geometry, but I'm not sure how the rigging would work, since you have so many finger bones really close to each other.

Oh okay. Those ones actually seem pretty good.

Sharks have big eyes though :/

Well, that depends on the shark. So I'm guessing you are referring to some of the smaller species. When a shark comes to mind, most people think of the bigger sharks. Although the bigger sharks eyes are quite large when compared to human eyes, they are quite bette eyed compared to their own body.

I actually scaled the eye area bigger on the Argonian head and had Blaze scale the eye mesh bigger or at least I think he did. When looking at Kuroyami's pics, the eyes stand out more and actually looks like the right size if not bigger.

[...] I actually scaled the eye area bigger on the Argonian head and had Blaze scale the eye mesh bigger or at least I think he did. When looking at Kuroyami's pics, the eyes stand out more and actually looks like the right size if not bigger.

Yeah, I had to upscale the eyes a bit. Don't remember by what factor, though, but while not really big, the "scaling" vector I had to use in Blender was higher than 1.0, so yeah, the final eyes are a bit bigger than the default Argonian ones. There is also one of the eye shape morphs that makes them slightly bigger on top of that, and I use it for my own character.

As for Kuroyami's latest pics, the eye color and glow may be enhancing the effect a bit, but yeah, I'd say they are good.

Edited by Blaze69