The patch works great. Fixed the issues I was having. Btw when becoming erect, is it supposed to be instantaneous or can it happen gradually like in the screenshots you posted?

It depends. The level of "unsheathing" is tied to the schlong angle, so anything that sets the schlong to "erect" (aka 90º with respect to the body) or higher will immediately force the swap into the erect state. The mid-unsheathing meshes only appear when the schlong is set to anything greater than the "flaccid" state but lower than "erect". You can try it out by selecting your character in the console and typing either "sae SosErect" or "sae SoSslowErect" (can't remember which one). It should go through all 4 states before reaching full erection. If that doesn't work, try using SOS' erection spell and see if it happens.
I'm going to keep trying to mess with this because for some reason the 4 states dont activate. Those console commands dont seem to have any effect and the erection spell instantly puts it in P4 and then treats it like a normal schlong; increasing the angle to 90º from 0.
Huh, I though the spell would make it go through all 4 stages, but turns out it doesn't. Okay, then this is sure to work, I know because this is what I did for the pics: make sure you have selected your character in the console and type "sae sosbend-7" for stage 1 (peeking out) and "sae sosbend-3" for stage 2 (halfway there).

Yeah, those commands seem to work fine. Does it automatically go through all the stages or is it something that needs to be done through console?

My final issue is that my schlong also seems to be colored to the grey of the body, not the white, so it looks kinda odd, is this normal?

Yeah, those commands seem to work fine. Does it automatically go through all the stages or is it something that needs to be done through console?

My final issue is that my schlong also seems to be colored to the grey of the body, not the white, so it looks kinda odd, is this normal?

It mostly has to be done through console.

If you have SL Aroused and you turn on the "SOS Integration" option in Aroused's MCM, the higher the arousal of your character (or any NPC), the more the unsheathing progresses until it gets to "erect"; but that is the only "organic" way I know to see it progress apart from manually forcing the angle (and thus the corresponding erection level) through the console.

IIRC, you said you used CBBE. There's your reason: the skin textures for CBBE and UNP are different, and the beast schlong is only available for UNP at the moment. Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that without CBBE-specific schlong meshes. You can still download the optional human schlong for CBBE if you want to give your character a matching schlong.

It mostly has to be done through console.

If you have SL Aroused and you turn on the "SOS Integration" option in Aroused's MCM, the higher the arousal of your character (or any NPC), the more the unsheathing progresses until it gets to "erect"; but that is the only "organic" way I know to see it progress apart from manually forcing the angle (and thus the corresponding erection level) through the console.

IIRC, you said you used CBBE. There's your reason: the skin textures for CBBE and UNP are different, and the beast schlong is only available for UNP at the moment. Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that without CBBE-specific schlong meshes. You can still download the optional human schlong for CBBE if you want to give your character a matching schlong.

Ok, I'll try to use the SL Aroused options to see what I can do.

Too bad that the beast is not really for CBBE. Not much can be done about that.

Thank you for all of the help.

With finals over, finally got around to trying this race out properly. I'm impressed with the results! (Even if a friend of mine said it looks like a kids show mascot... damn skyrim/3D limitations)

Nice looking character you have there! Also good to see the beast feet for CBBE work properly, I tested them out in my game but I couldn't be sure until I could see how they look on ther people's setups.

Also as a note, you seem to prefer your character to be lacking in the "balls" department :P (either that, or there is something wrong with the pic). IIRC there is a CBBE Bodyslide-compatible balls-less schlong available somewhere in the Futa Content Thread, probably a version of the "Foreskin" one. You can always download it and build it in Bodyslide and then use the meshes to replace the ones in the "Shark Race/Schlong" folder, it should work fine with textures and everything, and the visual result will be smoother than just using bone scaling.

Yeah, well, there's little I can do about the head. In my opinion, the best option would be to create a new head from scratch, something like the heads from the pics malbolzcha posted some time ago, or the ones linked by Kuroyami (NSFW warning, but I think that was obvious):

1247660217106996123_zpsi8fep9cb.jpg 8d2594b2fac7c0d4d9cb6f06b19f22b6.png

The thing is, creating a new head from scratch requires building the facial morphs and creating the extra head parts like eyes, mouth, brows, etc. All of those are actually doable (as evidenced by the fact that the current cartoony heads were created that way), but tedious, and also require a level of skill I unfortunately don't have.

I have asked Nightro to see if he can modify CITRUS' Argonian heads to look good as "shark heads" and be more realistic/less cartoony than what we have now, because that way the Argonian face morphs can be reused and only the head itself needs to be modified, but nothing is sure to come out of it (or even look good for that matter).

I may contact the author of the original race, AyyRoflLmao, as they have proven experience in creating new heads form scratch, and ask if they would help me by creating a more realistic head, but they don't seem to be very active lately and also there is no reason whatsoever they should actually help me with it, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Still, I loose nothing for asking.

So I wanted to try a Vampire...Shark....

post-62699-0-93766200-1481539585_thumb.png

Visually the results are not bad, I like the eyes. However, functionally, though perhaps not related to the mod itself, something is lacking. 

-Better Vampires: While most aspects of the mod seemed to work, I wasn't getting the appropriate Vampiric Drain Spell, although the MCM menu for BV suggested that the character had the proper keywords.

-Feeding: This is most likely more an issue with Yiffy Age. Use Sneak Feed on a live target? "Necks Bitten" goes up by one, but BV's scripts do not update. Feed on a corpse? It seems to work functionally, though the feed animation does not play, and no other visible stat changes(either BV's scripts updating or "Necks Bitten" going up by one). 

I'm thinking what would be needed here would be some kind of patch? I do have RaceCompatiblity set up for Better Vampires, but obviously that isn't a requirement for this race. I did try BV's Feeding Fix for Custom Races, although the problem isn't that I can't feed - it's that it doesn't have any effect doing so.

Also on another note, an idea I had was to expand the Follower part of the mod. Not a lot, or removing what is already there, just a few more possible followers. Not too sure about doing the majority of the work myself, though I can do the story details and such, if there is interest. Even with the vanilla follower system(or EFF since that seems to work for Vanilla based followers), I thought of using a simple journal/diary to tell their story - just something they have in their inventory. Then just using their placement in the world to have them following you make sense, even if they don't have some complex reason. 

So I wanted to try a Vampire...Shark....

attachicon.gifVampire.png

Visually the results are not bad, I like the eyes. However, functionally, though perhaps not related to the mod itself, something is lacking. 

-Better Vampires: While most aspects of the mod seemed to work, I wasn't getting the appropriate Vampiric Drain Spell, although the MCM menu for BV suggested that the character had the proper keywords.

-Feeding: This is most likely more an issue with Yiffy Age. Use Sneak Feed on a live target? "Necks Bitten" goes up by one, but BV's scripts do not update. Feed on a corpse? It seems to work functionally, though the feed animation does not play, and no other visible stat changes(either BV's scripts updating or "Necks Bitten" going up by one). 

I'm thinking what would be needed here would be some kind of patch? I do have RaceCompatiblity set up for Better Vampires, but obviously that isn't a requirement for this race. I did try BV's Feeding Fix for Custom Races, although the problem isn't that I can't feed - it's that it doesn't have any effect doing so.

Also on another note, an idea I had was to expand the Follower part of the mod. Not a lot, or removing what is already there, just a few more possible followers. Not too sure about doing the majority of the work myself, though I can do the story details and such, if there is interest. Even with the vanilla follower system(or EFF since that seems to work for Vanilla based followers), I thought of using a simple journal/diary to tell their story - just something they have in their inventory. Then just using their placement in the world to have them following you make sense, even if they don't have some complex reason. 

Well, I'm a bit short on time right now, so it will be a while until I can run some tests, but I'm pretty sure the problem here is Better Vampires. Since the Sharkmer has a standalone vampire fix for the vanilla Vampirism system and BV just straight replaces it with its own custom one, the Sharkmer fix probably breaks it because it triggers the (now deactivated) vanilla system instead of BV's one. I'm not 100% sure about it, and even if i'm right, I wouldn't know how to patch it. Have you tried dropping BV and using the vanilla vampirism system instead? See if it works that way (it should, but if you could check it out, that would help a lot).

About followers, sure, it sounds like a good idea. If you have any ideas or story details about possible follower NPCs, I would like to hear them.

Nice looking character you have there! Also good to see the beast feet for CBBE work properly, I tested them out in my game but I couldn't be sure until I could see how they look on ther people's setups.

Also as a note, you seem to prefer your character to be lacking in the "balls" department :P (either that, or there is something wrong with the pic). IIRC there is a CBBE Bodyslide-compatible balls-less schlong available somewhere in the Futa Content Thread, probably a version of the "Foreskin" one. You can always download it and build it in Bodyslide and then use the meshes to replace the ones in the "Shark Race/Schlong" folder, it should work fine with textures and everything, and the visual result will be smoother than just using bone scaling.

Yeah, well, there's little I can do about the head. In my opinion, the best option would be to create a new head from scratch, something like the heads from the pics malbolzcha posted some time ago, or the ones linked by Kuroyami (NSFW warning, but I think that was obvious):

iler]

The thing is, creating a new head from scratch requires building the facial morphs and creating the extra head parts like eyes, mouth, brows, etc. All of those are actually doable (as evidenced by the fact that the current cartoony heads were created that way), but tedious, and also require a level of skill I unfortunately don't have.

I have asked Nightro to see if he can modify CITRUS' Argonian heads to look good as "shark heads" and be more realistic/less cartoony than what we have now, because that way the Argonian face morphs can be reused and only the head itself needs to be modified, but nothing is sure to come out of it (or even look good for that matter).

I may contact the author of the original race, AyyRoflLmao, as they have proven experience in creating new heads form scratch, and ask if they would help me by creating a more realistic head, but they don't seem to be very active lately and also there is no reason whatsoever they should actually help me with it, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Still, I loose nothing for asking.

Not criticizing your work at all! The friend just has no taste. And I did see that futa mod, but not a big fan of the foreskin. This works fine as "close enough" for my purposes. I did notice the new feet once out of boots, and like the touch! 

Huh..It seems like the beast schlong on this race doesn't get erect on SL animations..is there something going wrong on my end or..?

Yeah, I forgot about that. BadDog made some patched scripts that detect when a SL anim is playing and lock the schlong in the erected state regardless of the angle it's set to so that it works properly, but the function that says when an SL anim is running is a bit wonky and it may trigger at random or it may last for a while after the actual anim is done. That's why it is offered as a patch rather than made the default, and as I just used the default scripts, they are not patched.

If you want to fix it, just go to the downloads page for Hoodies Schlongs and download the "Erection_Patch_V1" file. Then overwrite the scripts included in this mod with the ones in the patch file.

So I have ideas for three characters, each of them fairly distinct. One thing to note, is that my ideas on their placement are not about convenience - more about where they would rationally be considering their story. Other details are ironed out too, down to what they might be wearing, spells, etc. Once I get to a certain point with it, I'll post a link to a Google Doc. 

-Mizuno, Mage, Located near Sky Temple Ruins: He is a College Mage who joined in 4E 196. He became involved with one of the other mages, A Nord by the name of Lana, after Six months, even though her interests were more about anatomy and not romance, it still lead to just that. But neither pushed things forward, and they stayed friends. Recently, she took interest in the growing Stormcloak Rebellion. Within days, she left, and due to his disinterest in the conflict, he did not follow. 

-Umi, Located on Solitude's Docks: She has a bit of a Skooma habit, which lead her to quite a debt...to the East Empire Trading Company. One of their dock workers, she forgot she had a shift late one night, and binged on Skooma. Rather than working the shift, she left, and the shipment she was meant to unload, ended up washed away in the night. Spending three years working off the cost of the shipment, only recently has she paid off the debt. She has not kicked her habit, instead only buying a bottle from the Khajiit Caravans every few months.

-Ketsu, Vampire, Located near the Tower Of Mzark in Blackreach: Becoming a Vampire some fifty years before the Oblivion Crisis, that time had her doing work for a few notable figures, just barely acting in the wake of the soon to be Champion of Cyrodiil. An Alchemist herself, she was acquainted with the famous Sinderion, who she eventually followed to Skyrim, but on her own time. Just barely catching the Alchemist's trail, she slipped down to the doors of Blackreach before the passage was sealed, and entered into the underground city. Unsure of herself, she believed her self trapped, especially finding out the fate of Sinderion. Either the hubris of time or the procrastinating wish to plunder the secrets of the city, she waits for something interesting to happen, all the while feeding on the blood of the Falmer - a source of blood that seems to never be in short supply.

So I have ideas for three characters, each of them fairly distinct. One thing to note, is that my ideas on their placement are not about convenience - more about where they would rationally be considering their story. Other details are ironed out too, down to what they might be wearing, spells, etc. Once I get to a certain point with it, I'll post a link to a Google Doc. 

-Mizuno, Mage, Located near Sky Temple Ruins: He is a College Mage who joined in 4E 196. He became involved with one of the other mages, A Nord by the name of Lana, after Six months, even though her interests were more about anatomy and not romance, it still lead to just that. But neither pushed things forward, and they stayed friends. Recently, she took interest in the growing Stormcloak Rebellion. Within days, she left, and due to his disinterest in the conflict, he did not follow. 

-Umi, Located on Solitude's Docks: She has a bit of a Skooma habit, which lead her to quite a debt...to the East Empire Trading Company. One of their dock workers, she forgot she had a shift late one night, and binged on Skooma. Rather than working the shift, she left, and the shipment she was meant to unload, ended up washed away in the night. Spending three years working off the cost of the shipment, only recently has she paid off the debt. She has not kicked her habit, instead only buying a bottle from the Khajiit Caravans every few months.

-Ketsu, Vampire, Located near the Tower Of Mzark in Blackreach: Becoming a Vampire some fifty years before the Oblivion Crisis, that time had her doing work for a few notable figures, just barely acting in the wake of the soon to be Champion of Cyrodiil. An Alchemist herself, she was acquainted with the famous Sinderion, who she eventually followed to Skyrim, but on her own time. Just barely catching the Alchemist's trail, she slipped down to the doors of Blackreach before the passage was sealed, and entered into the underground city. Unsure of herself, she believed her self trapped, especially finding out the fate of Sinderion. Either the hubris of time or the procrastinating wish to plunder the secrets of the city, she waits for something interesting to happen, all the while feeding on the blood of the Falmer - a source of blood that seems to never be in short supply.

No guys? What kanji are you using for the name Umi? Because as far as I know, that just refers to the sea or ocean . Also depending on how it is used, when using it as a go to location, then it would usually mean the beach.

I really like that you're making some more sharkmer followers! I'd hope they'd end up getting voiced, or at least have there own dialogue, and be a little bit more than just a follower(Kinda like Inigo), but that would be rather ambitious. xD

No guys? What kanji are you using for the name Umi? Because as far as I know, that just refers to the sea or ocean . Also depending on how it is used, when using it as a go to location, then it would usually mean the beach.

Well, Mizuno's a guy, but the only guy in this case, but that's fine, IMHO. As for the other things, I..honestly think he probably made the names off the top of his head..but we'll see. xD

I actually had the idea for Mizuno first, along side a rather basic idea for a female character. As for the names, most are meant to be water related. I'd think that if it sounds interesting, and maybe it's meaning is close, it's fine. But yeah, it's just meant as "Sea". 

I really like that you're making some more sharkmer followers! I'd hope they'd end up getting voiced, or at least have there own dialogue, and be a little bit more than just a follower(Kinda like Inigo), but that would be rather ambitious. xD

Well, Mizuno's a guy, but the only guy in this case, but that's fine, IMHO. As for the other things, I..honestly think he probably made the names off the top of his head..but we'll see. xD

I'll probably do the majority of the story details, and if Blaze likes them, they might get into the game. My idea is to keep it basic, so likely no voiced followers or complex scripting/dialogue logic, but still something that has a story, and is presented in some way, not just in a mod description, but in-game. Some details will even be hinted at in-game, a bit more than a journal possessed by a character will. Like Mizuno having both the "Lusty Argonian Maid" and the "Sultry Argonian Bard" in his inventory. 

I actually had the idea for Mizuno first, along side a rather basic for for a female character. As for the names, most are meant to be water related. I'd think that if it sounds interesting, and maybe it's meaning is close, it's fine. But yeah, it's just meant as "Sea". 

I pretty much new at a glance that they are water based names. Although there are some Japanese names which are single kanji, names are usually a combination of kanji. You can use the following link for kanji commonly used in names to find combinations or as an example.

http://www.behindthename.com/names/gender/masculine/usage/japanese

Example, I named my bearded dragon 力 Hiryoku. (Hi - ) meaning sun light or in the above link, was translated as sunny place. And (力 - ryoku) meaning strength or power. After, I realized that it was like solar powered which is kind of funny. Good name for all cold blooded reptiles.

Another example, one that you can use for the name, although I've still not heard of it is 海子  Umiko. You can either read it as sea child or child of the sea.

I got that name from one I like, Yumiko which means archer child. That name can also be read another way if it had 3 kanji. The knaji (ko - 子) means child and is most commonly used at the end of female names.

So I have ideas for three characters, each of them fairly distinct. [...]

Oh, great. All of that sounds good to me, but there is a little caveat: I think it would help a lot in characterization to actually build a background/lore for the Sharkmer before we go around adding NPCs to the game. So far I didn't touch the subject because they were meant as a player-only race (not by choice but rather because I couldn't come up with interesting NPC characters), and the only follower NPC that's included so far is just there so people can have a Sharkmer as a follower or check out the race without playing it, but let's be honest, she has no depth whatsoever. Also her name means "dentin", aka the tissue that is a main component of teeth alongside enamel, lol  :wacko:.

So, I'm just going to dump some ideas in here, and also how they would affect/change your characters and their backgrounds. Again, just random ideas, so I would like to hear what you all think about it, and I'm open for input on the topic. Anyway, let's see. Your use of Japanese names sounds good to me, and also helps set up the first link with the lore: anything Japan/Eastern themed in Elder Scrolls is attributed to the Akaviri, so I think we can stablish the Sharkmer to come from Akavir. I'll just leave my thoughts on a spoiler so this post doesn't take up a whole page, but please take some tome to read it if you don't mind.

This is what I picture: the Sharkmer came to be one of the native races from Akavir, just like the other four: Kamal, Tang Mo, Tsaesci and Ka' Po Tun. Since at least three of them could be considered anthropomorphic races, adding yet another one isn't that far off IMO. How they came to exist is left open, though; I would go just for "regular evolution", maybe with a bit of speeding up from all the magic that floats around Nirn and stuff, since the jump they have to make is larger than the other races (sharks are fish, after all). Suggestions about this are welcome.

Probably a Proud Warrior Race as much as all the others, they focused on combat and war, while leaving magic and science/technology/arts pretty much neglected. Tribalistic society, they held their ground (and water) but didn't expand as the other races did. Eventually driven off by some catastrophic event, like some of the other races deciding it was time for the shark people to either be exterminated or be forcefully integrated into their empire, they just fled to the ocean and stayed there, surviving underwater as the shark-morphs they were.

Though this kind of life didn't help them develop, but rather the opposite; while uplifted, they were sharks in nature, and we all know sharks ain't really that intelligent. Fearing that centuries of living underwater and behaving mostly like regular sharks would just eventually make them recede to just "above average" feral sharks with extra limbs, they decided to search for a land to settle on, obviously close to the water. That would enable them to stay in their natural habitat while at the same time have land to live and thrive on.

Going just the opposite way from Akavir, they finally reached Tamriel's shores, and eventually settled along the coastline both in land and in the seafloor not far from it. Their previous tribalistic nature prevailed, and while they did get a place they could call "home", they were always depending on the local residents allowing them to stay there, as they didn't have the unity required to actually build an army with which to conquer new territory or defend their own from a full-scale attack. This last thing is why I think it would fit for them to have ended up in Black Marsh. Being aquatic as well (at least in part), Argonians may have a soft spot for Sharkmer, and since Black Marsh is basically hell for non-Argonians, at least if you can only live on land, there wouldn't be other races to worry about.

Now, living in "reserves" on behalf of the Argonians, they would be similar to Orcs: mostly focused on war and being somewhat known as successful mercenaries and warriors, they would mostly either stay at their homeland or just leave in search of fortune. They would be pretty popular amongst sailors and trading companies, because when your crewmembers/mercenaries can't drown, can just jump into the water and hunt their own fish when food is running low, and can spend all the time they need underwater for maintenance or other illicit ends, things get way easier. That kind of stuff. Also, while not totally gone, their magic abilities would most certainly have been reduced due to a entire lifetime of neglect, so magic-using Sharkmer would be very rare albeit they would indeed exist.

So, yeah, that would be it. this is how I think they would affect your characters:

-Mizuno: mostly along the lines of what you listed, though there could be some background on how Sharkmer and Magic usually don't get along and how hard it was for him to pursue his aspirations as mage because he was despised/mocked/not taken seriously by their fellow Sharkmer and other races alike. I know this last bit is already ingame with the Nord apprentice at the College, but having some backwards Nord going "magic is for pussies" is not the same as your entire species being deemed as useless and stupid as far as magic is concerned, so the thing would be way more serious.

Also, his story with the Nord woman could use some dark tones to it, though this is just my two cents. Their relationship would probably have been kept somewhat of a secret, because while her interest may have been focused on "studying his anatomy" because he is a shark and she was into that kind of stuff or whatever and thus didn't really care, I don't think many local Nords would approve of a Sharkmer, and even a Sharkmer mage at that, to date/bang a "true Daughter of Skyrim". Also it would add a nice twist to the fact that she leaves him to join the Stormcloaks. Racist and hypocrite much? That had to hurt for him.

-Umi: mostly fine. The "dock worker" thing fits pretty good with what I mentioned about trading companies liking/hiring Sharkmer as workers, be it on their ships or their docks, so I'd say she is good as-is.

-Ketsu: I'd say she is okay as well, as most of her background doesn't touch many subjects that would contradict the race's lore. There's one thing, though: since Sharkmer would be regarded as little more than savages, more so if it was such a long time ago, it would be good to suggest that while she was not really welcomed due to being a member of her race, she was so good as an alchemist that people had no choice but to accept her if they wanted things to be done.

This would be it. Damn, that was one long post, lol :D . Please share your thoughts on this if you don't mind.

Edited by Blaze69

So I have ideas for three characters, each of them fairly distinct. [...]

Oh, great. All of that sounds good to me, but there is a little caveat: I think it would help a lot in characterization to actually build a background/lore for the Sharkmer before we go around adding NPCs to the game. So far I didn't touch the subject because they were meant as a player-only race (not by choice but rather because I couldn't come up with interesting NPC characters), and the only follower NPC that's included so far is just there so people can have a Sharkmer as a follower or check out the race without playing it, but let's be honest, she has no depth whatsoever. Also her name means "dentin", aka the tissue that is a main component of teeth alongside enamel, lol  :wacko:.

So, I'm just going to dump some ideas in here, and also how they would affect/change your characters and their backgrounds. Again, just random ideas, so I would like to hear what you all think about it, and I'm open for input on the topic. Anyway, let's see. Your use of Japanese names sounds good to me, and also helps set up the first link with the lore: anything Japan/Eastern themed in Elder Scrolls is attributed to the Akaviri, so I think we can stablish the Sharkmer to come from Akavir. I'll just leave my thoughts on a spoiler so this post doesn't take up a whole page, but please take some tome to read it if you don't mind.

So, yeah, that would be it. this is how I think they would affect your characters:

-Mizuno: mostly along the lines of what you listed, though there could be some background on how Sharkmer and Magic usually don't get along and how hard it was for him to pursue his aspirations as mage because he was despised/mocked/not taken seriously by their fellow Sharkmer and other races alike. I know this last bit is already ingame with the Nord apprentice at the College, but having some backwards Nord going "magic is for pussies" is not the same as your entire species being deemed as useless and stupid as far as magic is concerned, so the thing would be way more serious.

Also, his story with the Nord woman could use some dark tones to it, though this is just my two cents. Their relationship would probably have been kept somewhat of a secret, because while her interest may have been focused on "studying his anatomy" because he is a shark and she was into that kind of stuff or whatever and thus didn't really care, I don't think many local Nords would approve of a Sharkmer, and even a Sharkmer mage at that, to date/bang a "true Daughter of Skyrim". Also it would add a nice twist to the fact that she leaves him to join the Stormcloaks. Racist and hypocrite much? That had to hurt for him.

-Umi: mostly fine. The "dock worker" thing fits pretty good with what I mentioned about trading companies liking/hiring Sharkmer as workers, be it on their ships or their docks, so I'd say she is good as-is.

-Ketsu: I'd say she is okay as well, as most of her background doesn't touch many subjects that would contradict the race's lore. There's one thing, though: since Sharkmer would be regarded as little more than savages, more so if it was such a long time ago, it would be good to suggest that while she was not really welcomed due to being a member of her race, she was so good as an alchemist that people had no choice but to accept her if they wanted things to be done.

This would be it. Damn, that was one long post, lol :D . Please share your thoughts on this if you don't mind.

I did consider the Akaviri connection, not exactly because of the names, but more a way to have them make sense. 

-Mizuno: I do already have in his first entry about being urged to join the College, likely from a friend or someone in his family that was more understanding, so I'll have to make that point clearer. Of course there is the bit too about some of Winterhold's history, etc, along with some parts where some people in Skyrim have not been that accepting of him, perhaps beyond Carriage Drivers or others like Shopkeepers, who might have an issue with such an unusual person, but their job is easier if they don't start making racist comments to their prospective passengers, or patrons. But overall, yeah, I can make things a bit more clear that his race usually doesn't have any interest in magic. But I do have a bit about him not being willing to listen to the comments if he ever visits Windhelm(where they would probably be worse than usual), i.e he isn't going to lie down and take it like the Argonians there - though I would not suggest that he is meant to outright attack someone like Rolff Stone-Fist, just to avoid a bit of frustration that would be had if he did. 

I haven't went for it yet, but I can see having something about the College's instructors being surprised at his advancement, though perhaps not being too harsh about it. He is only meant to be at Apprentice/Adept level in his favored schools, and he doesn't know that many spells. 

Generally I describe it as Lana being heavily into Restoration Magic, thus Colette likes her, and perhaps because of Lana's affinity for that school, it's one that Mizuno favors as well. As for any kind of relationship they have, it's more friends, even if Mizuno thinks it could become more. I'll have to add something for concern, at least on his part, what people would think of that. Though I imagine that perhaps her reason to join the Stormcloaks would be more about the surface conflict, though her having some racist ideals actually would work - perhaps mostly against Elves. Not too fond of the idea that her perspective would be to just use him for the information, but she does just leave without much of a "Goodbye" or any hint that she would look for him once it was over. Also, one of the reasons why he might spend hours on the frozen edge of the Sea of Ghosts? Yep. 

I probably won't go into any appearance details about her, just so she isn't described in a such a way that would cause a slight problem if someone uses Yiffy Age, or not. Eh, maybe something basic like eye or hair color, but not much beyond that. 

Also, I do not think it's a problem, but his second entry gets...descriptive. Perhaps a bit more story-like than what is the usual for a journal, but it is meant to tell the player about him, and perhaps he wanted it described in-detail, if only for himself. Hey, what else do you think he was doing on that beach, with those books? 

-Umi: That was, basically my idea. That would have been the only reason she did not lose the job or face time in Jail, the fact that she was so valuable to the Company. 

-Ketsu: Maybe she was one who tried to avoid the connotations concerning the savagery, mostly presenting herself as a calm and intelligent individual, perhaps something a bit rare for her race, at least above the average intelligent of keeping oneself alive, if not higher. Of course, she may have kept up this technical charade after becoming a Vampire, even if that may have reintroduced some of her innate savagery back, due her need for blood - though she would still keep the intelligence to not be stupid about who she feeds on, or who she kills. 

Also, in keeping with the idea that magic isn't prevalent for the race, she would be similar to Mizuno, though perhaps some of her magical talent comes more from being a Vampire, using very few spells beyond those granted by Vamprism. She's meant to be a Expert level Alchemist, even if that will likely have no effect on the game. Beyond her perhaps having some good potions and poisons in her inventory, though I'm not sure if NPCs can poison weapons like the player can. I have seen the Falmer do that(or at least get poisoned after being hit with their arrows), so maybe? She could also be a trainer, though I'm not sure how accessible the vanilla trainer in Expert Alchemy is...oh, there are TWO of them with Dragonborn? Ah. Maybe she could be a master level in her Skills and her ability to train, so Babette isn't the only option.

(...)

Oh, plenty of great ideas here. Really like where this is going, you seem to be invested in given the characters life, and that is awesome :D.

Anyway, I'll write a more in-depth reply with my thoughts whenever I get the chance, but for now let's just say I approve all of what you said here. Also don't worry about being "descriptive", I'm all for that, specially if it is what it sounds like (:P).

Also as a side note, I may have gone a bit too hard on the poor Mizuno. I mean, not everything can be all happy and easy and stuff, and IMO some dark shadows in his past would not only add realism but also help in defining him as a character, but he doesn't deserve what I suggested, lol.

Just one thing, I do hope these followers will have a few perks and such for fighting, as the skyrim I play makes a bit more entertaining(and hard) to play with new perks(from Ordinantor) and stuff.I don't want them to be falling down the instant a fight starts when I recruit them. xD

Just one thing, I do hope these followers will have a few perks and such for fighting, as the skyrim I play makes a bit more entertaining(and hard) to play with new perks(from Ordinantor) and stuff.I don't want them to be falling down the instant a fight starts when I recruit them. xD

Well, giving them vanilla perks should be easy, I would just need to know which perks to add. I can take a look at some vanilla and mod-added followers to see how it goes. Giving them Ordinator-specific perks, on the other hand, would mean having Ordinator as a requirement, which I think is not appropiate here.

I did consider the Akaviri connection, not exactly because of the names, but more a way to have them make sense. 

-Mizuno: I do already have in his first entry about being urged to join the College, likely from a friend or someone in his family that was more understanding, so I'll have to make that point clearer. Of course there is the bit too about some of Winterhold's history, etc, along with some parts where some people in Skyrim have not been that accepting of him, perhaps beyond Carriage Drivers or others like Shopkeepers, who might have an issue with such an unusual person, but their job is easier if they don't start making racist comments to their prospective passengers, or patrons. But overall, yeah, I can make things a bit more clear that his race usually doesn't have any interest in magic. But I do have a bit about him not being willing to listen to the comments if he ever visits Windhelm(where they would probably be worse than usual), i.e he isn't going to lie down and take it like the Argonians there - though I would not suggest that he is meant to outright attack someone like Rolff Stone-Fist, just to avoid a bit of frustration that would be had if he did. 

You are right on this one. Some, let's say, mean reactions to his presence and the fact that he's interested in Magic are to be expected, and I think it would be fitting for such events to be made clear, alongside some background on how he came to study at the College.

That entry sounds good, BTW. There is no need to go full "secrecy" about it, but making clear or at least heavily implying it's not common and that not everybody is OK with him studying Magic would make sense.

I haven't went for it yet, but I can see having something about the College's instructors being surprised at his advancement, though perhaps not being too harsh about it. He is only meant to be at Apprentice/Adept level in his favored schools, and he doesn't know that many spells.

Sounds good as well. Again, no need to go full "I didn't know you stupid animals could grasp what Magic is about!" or something like that (except for maybe that High Elf asshole, lol), but chances are some mention of how uncommon it is would be inevitable.

Generally I describe it as Lana being heavily into Restoration Magic, thus Colette likes her, and perhaps because of Lana's affinity for that school, it's one that Mizuno favors as well. As for any kind of relationship they have, it's more friends, even if Mizuno thinks it could become more. I'll have to add something for concern, at least on his part, what people would think of that. Though I imagine that perhaps her reason to join the Stormcloaks would be more about the surface conflict, though her having some racist ideals actually would work - perhaps mostly against Elves. Not too fond of the idea that her perspective would be to just use him for the information, but she does just leave without much of a "Goodbye" or any hint that she would look for him once it was over. Also, one of the reasons why he might spend hours on the frozen edge of the Sea of Ghosts? Yep.

Huh, with the other teachers hardly regarding Restoration as useful or even true "magic" (even though it is one of the most directly-useful disciplines), I'm not sure how things would go for him. Though Colette would probably be really happy to have such an unusual student taking interest on her field, so maybe something can be added about that.

Also good that idea about Lana. There is no need to turn her into an "evil" character, now that I think about it. Maybe some darkness here or there would work, though. Like that elf racism thing. I don't know if it could be introduced somewhere, but maybe she had some prejudice-induced mixed feelings about Mizuno before she got to know him.

Oh, that's some nice detail right there about the Sea of Ghosts. I like it, it really adds to the story.

I probably won't go into any appearance details about her, just so she isn't described in a such a way that would cause a slight problem if someone uses Yiffy Age, or not. Eh, maybe something basic like eye or hair color, but not much beyond that. 

I have to admit I would personally love to have a Yiffy Age-specifc narrative, with as much level as detail as you wanted to add; it would greatly help with immersion in the story, and it would work both ways. The furries could use some integration as well, though BadDog is doing an awesome job with statues and the like.

Anyway, yeah, your option is the best. I see how weird it would be for people that don't use Yiffy Age to read something about Mizuno "liking the way she wags her tail" or whatever, lol  :D. Still, if you ever create a YA-specifc version of it or whatever, let me know.

Also, I do not think it's a problem, but his second entry gets...descriptive. Perhaps a bit more story-like than what is the usual for a journal, but it is meant to tell the player about him, and perhaps he wanted it described in-detail, if only for himself. Hey, what else do you think he was doing on that beach, with those books? 

How could such a thing be a problem?  :P. Sure, go ahead. As I said, I'm totally fine with that kind of stuff.

In fact, I'm curious about it. Looking forward to reading some content that actually involves the Sharkmer, so don't hesitate to add all such content you want to. Though there is no need to go overkill on it or anything, just add what you feel like adding  :lol:.

-Umi: That was, basically my idea. That would have been the only reason she did not lose the job or face time in Jail, the fact that she was so valuable to the Company. 

Right what I was thinking as well. Great, nothing more to say there.

-Ketsu: Maybe she was one who tried to avoid the connotations concerning the savagery, mostly presenting herself as a calm and intelligent individual, perhaps something a bit rare for her race, at least above the average intelligent of keeping oneself alive, if not higher. Of course, she may have kept up this technical charade after becoming a Vampire, even if that may have reintroduced some of her innate savagery back, due her need for blood - though she would still keep the intelligence to not be stupid about who she feeds on, or who she kills. 

Also, in keeping with the idea that magic isn't prevalent for the race, she would be similar to Mizuno, though perhaps some of her magical talent comes more from being a Vampire, using very few spells beyond those granted by Vamprism. She's meant to be a Expert level Alchemist, even if that will likely have no effect on the game. Beyond her perhaps having some good potions and poisons in her inventory, though I'm not sure if NPCs can poison weapons like the player can. I have seen the Falmer do that(or at least get poisoned after being hit with their arrows), so maybe? She could also be a trainer, though I'm not sure how accessible the vanilla trainer in Expert Alchemy is...oh, there are TWO of them with Dragonborn? Ah. Maybe she could be a master level in her Skills and her ability to train, so Babette isn't the only option.

Sounds good to me. I would have to check out the poison thing, it may be possible to be done, though don't hold your hopes up.

Yeah, having her as an alternative Alchemy trainer would help in getting them integrated into the game, which is neat. AFAIK setting up trainers doesn't require scripting or quests or anything like that, so it should be possible as well.

Well, giving them vanilla perks should be easy, I would just need to know which perks to add. I can take a look at some vanilla and mod-added followers to see how it goes. Giving them Ordinator-specific perks, on the other hand, would mean having Ordinator as a requirement, which I think is not appropiate here.

You are right on this one. Some, let's say, mean reactions to his presence and the fact that he's interested in Magic are to be expected, and I think it would be fitting for such events to be made clear, alongside some background on how he came to study at the College.

That entry sounds good, BTW. There is no need to go full "secrecy" about it, but making clear or at least heavily implying it's not common and that not everybody is OK with him studying Magic would make sense.

Sounds good as well. Again, no need to go full "I didn't know you stupid animals could grasp what Magic is about!" or something like that (except for maybe that High Elf asshole, lol), but chances are some mention of how uncommon it is would be inevitable.

Huh, with the other teachers hardly regarding Restoration as useful or even true "magic" (even though it is one of the most directly-useful disciplines), I'm not sure how things would go for him. Though Colette would probably be really happy to have such an unusual student taking interest on her field, so maybe something can be added about that.

Also good that idea about Lana. There is no need to turn her into an "evil" character, now that I think about it. Maybe some darkness here or there would work, though. Like that elf racism thing. I don't know if it could be introduced somewhere, but maybe she had some prejudice-induced mixed feelings about Mizuno before she got to know him.

Oh, that's some nice detail right there about the Sea of Ghosts. I like it, it really adds to the story.

I have to admit I would personally love to have a Yiffy Age-specifc narrative, with as much level as detail as you wanted to add; it would greatly help with immersion in the story, and it would work both ways. The furries could use some integration as well, though BadDog is doing an awesome job with statues and the like.

Anyway, yeah, your option is the best. I see how weird it would be for people that don't use Yiffy Age to read something about Mizuno "liking the way she wags her tail" or whatever, lol  :D. Still, if you ever create a YA-specifc version of it or whatever, let me know.

I use Ordinator too. Maybe giving some of them vanilla perks which most perk overhauls just edit and not replace entirely would not be a problem, but certainly not giving a perk or perks that would require a compatible version for the more popular perk overhauls.

I mostly just say that there are few other options to study magic. The Synod are not a group that outright teaches magic to those willing to learn like the Mages Guild did, and the Psyjiic Order, no one knows where they are. As for the College of Whispers, well, as for that I'm not sure, but it's unlikely they are willing to teach either. So his only option would be the College of Winterhold.

I'd definitely agree - though Ancano might only arrive shortly before(maybe a few weeks or less) you have the chance to meet Mizuno, one of his last entries will definitely mention Ancano not so discretely mentioning Mizuno to perhaps Archmage Arren...while Mizuno is fully able to hear what he has to say. Which may be some slight praise, but in that "It is certainly surprising that the fish manages so well. Though I would imagine his success is pure luck, and little to do with his skill."

For his interest in Restoration, he is meant to be focused on that, along with Destruction and Alteration. Maybe a little Conjuration too, but just for the purposes of being able to effectively use his Conjure Flame Atronach spell - I'd make it something more water based, but most spells like that are added by other mods. The Conjure Frost Atronach spell would be closer, but maybe a little too much for his skills. Otherwise, I don't think Lana is exactly, evil. Just motivated in such a way that could easily be taken in that direction. The base ideal of the Stormcloaks, i.e not wanting Elves to dictate the fates(and beliefs?) of men, is fine by itself. But take that to the point where you want to kill elves to stop such a thing, perhaps even those who do not even have that mindset? That is too far. Or perhaps, having elves in your city, and not caring about them - and even less about those who are actually an integral part of bringing trade into your city. But I set up a entry already where Lana takes a trip with some other students to travel Skyrim, helping people in need(this being actually a few years before the Rebellion starts), and during her visit to Windhelm, she takes interest in the rumors of Ulfric's ambitions, and his actions concerning his growing Stormcloak army. 

Yeah, I'd say part of it would be, having a reverence for Talos, if not outright worship. The fact that she cannot, is certainly something she does not like. Maybe the College would not care, with them not being affiliated with the Empire or any of the Jarls(since they do not even answer to Korir), but that is likely another reason Ancano is there. 

I also have the idea that, he wasn't just looking at those books and masturbating either. I thought maybe he knows a simple Paralysis spell, and between that and perhaps the strength to overpower a more traditional shark or other sea life...yeah. Too much? I'm not sure. 

I may do some copied paragraphs that have edits to fit with YA's changes. Possibly making it enough for these three characters or any others to actually warrant different .esp for YA and non YA setups. 

Also, I do not know if there is any interest in this, but another idea I had concerning this, was to add characters like Lana as actual NPCs in the game, along side a Khajiit character that is mentioned in Mizuno's 3rd entry. Lana would not be a follower, just a NPC. The Khajiit(have not settled on a name yet, I'd love suggestions - he's supposed to be a femboyish cat, and obviously a mage) could be, though I'm not sure. 

I'd definitely agree - though Ancano might only arrive shortly before(maybe a few weeks or less) you have the chance to meet Mizuno, one of his last entries will definitely mention Ancano not so discretely mentioning Mizuno to perhaps Archmage Arren...while Mizuno is fully able to hear what he has to say. Which may be some slight praise, but in that "It is certainly surprising that the fish manages so well. Though I would imagine his success is pure luck, and little to do with his skill."

Yeah, sounds exactly like Ancano. Or any Thalmor elitist for that matter, lol. Don't know how much time you plan to suggest has been since Lana left Mizuno, but if you play with the dates, you could have Lana deciding to leave right after Ancano arrives and starts acting like the Thalmor jerk he is.

For his interest in Restoration, he is meant to be focused on that, along with Destruction and Alteration. Maybe a little Conjuration too, but just for the purposes of being able to effectively use his Conjure Flame Atronach spell - I'd make it something more water based, but most spells like that are added by other mods. The Conjure Frost Atronach spell would be closer, but maybe a little too much for his skills. Otherwise, I don't think Lana is exactly, evil. Just motivated in such a way that could easily be taken in that direction. The base ideal of the Stormcloaks, i.e not wanting Elves to dictate the fates(and beliefs?) of men, is fine by itself. But take that to the point where you want to kill elves to stop such a thing, perhaps even those who do not even have that mindset? That is too far. Or perhaps, having elves in your city, and not caring about them - and even less about those who are actually an integral part of bringing trade into your city. But I set up a entry already where Lana takes a trip with some other students to travel Skyrim, helping people in need(this being actually a few years before the Rebellion starts), and during her visit to Windhelm, she takes interest in the rumors of Ulfric's ambitions, and his actions concerning his growing Stormcloak army. 

Sounds good to me. As I said, Lana doesn't need to be evil or full-on racist or anything, but having some shadows always helps in defining the story of a character. The main motivations she may have to join the Stormcloak rebellion may be completely justified and right, but chances are there would also be something else, like that elf-hating thing.

Yeah, I'd say part of it would be, having a reverence for Talos, if not outright worship. The fact that she cannot, is certainly something she does not like. Maybe the College would not care, with them not being affiliated with the Empire or any of the Jarls(since they do not even answer to Korir), but that is likely another reason Ancano is there. 

See above about Ancano, we may be on to something there. Having to leave in such a rush due to the Thalmor enforcer snooping around the College may also help in easing the whole ordeal on Mizuno, or at least he may think about it as a way to not loose all hope of seeing Lana again.

I also have the idea that, he wasn't just looking at those books and masturbating either. I thought maybe he knows a simple Paralysis spell, and between that and perhaps the strength to overpower a more traditional shark or other sea life...yeah. Too much? I'm not sure. 

This just keeps getting better and better, lol  :P. No such thing as "too much", at least not for now.

Given the books you refered to, it wasn't that far off to guess he would be indulging on some solo-action, but the idea of him having some naughty fun with the local feral sharks sounds interesting to say the least, lol. And with other wildlife as well.

As I said before, I'm not only okay with it but I'm really curious about it, so don't hesitate to add all such content you want  :P.

I may do some copied paragraphs that have edits to fit with YA's changes. Possibly making it enough for these three characters or any others to actually warrant different .esp for YA and non YA setups. 

I wouldn't want you to feel pressured, don't do it if you are not comfortable with it or if it's something you are not interested in. Having said that, if you don't mind doing so, then that would be great. Making YA and non-YA versions of the plugin would be easy, just build one of them and then duplicate it and change the required stuff to create the other one.

IAlso, I do not know if there is any interest in this, but another idea I had concerning this, was to add characters like Lana as actual NPCs in the game, along side a Khajiit character that is mentioned in Mizuno's 3rd entry. Lana would not be a follower, just a NPC. The Khajiit(have not settled on a name yet, I'd love suggestions - he's supposed to be a femboyish cat, and obviously a mage) could be, though I'm not sure. 

Sure, I can do that. Creating quests and dialogue and stuff is a no for me, at least for now, but adding non-complex NPCs is easy. I would probably need the info about those NPCs like where they should be and what to wear and stuff, and I would probably need a RaceMenu or CK preset file as well, since I'm not that good at creating characters (specially human ones  :s). On the other hand, I could probably take care of creating/editing the Yiffy Age version of any NPC you would want to add, though input on that would be nice as well, at least to have an idea on what to go for.

As a note about that femboy Khajiit, there is a mod on Nexus that includes a female Khajiit head fit to the male body seam, so if you want him to look feminine, I could just give him that head and set the weight to 0. I already did that with my female Tiger preset to see how she he would look, and I'll admit I was pleased with the result :P. The female head helps a lot in getting him to look like that, though again, I want to hear your opinion on it.

EDIT: Here's a quick test character I made. How does this look for that Khajiit character you mention? Note that it's just a test to show how things can look like, so if you like the overall looks but want the specific appearance to be changed, let me know.

Edited by Blaze69

See above about Ancano, we may be on to something there. Having to leave in such a rush due to the Thalmor enforcer snooping around the College may also help in easing the whole ordeal on Mizuno, or at least he may think about it as a way to not loose all hope of seeing Lana again.

This just keeps getting better and better, lol  :P. No such thing as "too much", at least not for now.

Given the books you refered to, it wasn't that far off to guess he would be indulging on some solo-action, but the idea of him having some naughty fun with the local feral sharks sounds interesting to say the least, lol. And with other wildlife as well.

As I said before, I'm not only okay with it but I'm really curious about it, so don't hesitate to add all such content you want  :P.

I wouldn't want you to feel pressured, don't do it if you are not comfortable with it or if it's something you are not interested in. Having said that, if you don't mind doing so, then that would be great. Making YA and non-YA versions of the plugin would be easy, just build one of them and then duplicate it and change the required stuff to create the other one.

Sure, I can do that. Creating quests and dialogue and stuff is a no for me, at least for now, but adding non-complex NPCs is easy. I would probably need the info about those NPCs like where they should be and what to wear and stuff, and I would probably need a RaceMenu or CK preset file as well, since I'm not that good at creating characters (specially human ones  :s). On the other hand, I could probably take care of creating/editing the Yiffy Age version of any NPC you would want to add, though input on that would be nice as well, at least to have an idea on what to go for.

As a note about that femboy Khajiit, there is a mod on Nexus that includes a female Khajiit head fit to the male body seam, so if you want him to look feminine, I could just give him that head and set the weight to 0. I already did that with my female Tiger preset to see how she he would look, and I'll admit I was pleased with the result :P. The female head helps a lot in getting him to look like that, though again, I want to hear your opinion on it.

EDIT: Here's a quick test character I made. How does this look for that Khajiit character you mention? Note that it's just a test to show how things can look like, so if you like the overall looks but want the specific appearance to be changed, let me know.

I'm thinking that it was not too long before the game's starting point, likely a few months before the game's starting date. So she would indeed have missed Ancano by a lot. As for how Mizuno felt about it, her growing distant after her visit to Windhelm seems to make sense, and in this void, the Khajiit student not only fills it, but he is likely the only reason he stays at the College at all, and is still a member. Likely even if she did return, no matter the exact reason, things would have changed. Also, should you take him to Windhelm(either there, or she may be at one of the Stormcloak camps), and they get in the same room? Surely they won't have any dialogue, but maybe it is because, they have both moved on. She's too focused on the Rebellion, and he might want to say something, but just lets that feeling go.

True enough. There is very little I have a problem with myself with this, though of course there are things I would not do, or just avoid. NTR? Not a chance. Femdom? Maybe, it depends on how thick that theme is, I've seen deceptions of that which I consider disgusting. Along with other obvious things. Still, the idea was mostly because of the Sea of Spirits mod, though the Sharks from those will be hostile to the PC, irrespective of race - maybe due to them being different enough that they aren't seen as the same? This may not be like the idea that some mods have suggested, where there is an option to have Wolves not be hostile or outright attack Werewolf players, in either form, unless attacked first. 

Pressured? Not at all. I love YA, and think it is much better to use it with this race - though just as a strong recommendation, not something people absolutely need to do. If the mod was just race changes, without all the things being done to make these races fit within the game world, I may still like it, but only in passing. But with all it is doing, again, I love it. 

I just need to do this, even if I haven't yet looked at those images in detail yet. O.O. That looks wonderful. My thinking is that he looks more like a Snow Leopard, so something like this, Sarki

Also some white shark....

post-62699-0-35914700-1481709244_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-88541400-1481709257_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-53837700-1481709276_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-58185200-1481709293_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-41675600-1481709311_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-28991200-1481709332_thumb.png

And some reference shots for Mizuno's location...

post-62699-0-95425500-1481709374_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-88066700-1481709388_thumb.png