Shouldn't he be generating normal maps based on the "plantigrade" variant before the skeletal transform? Otherwise lighting will be inconsistent between the feet and body.

No so sure about that, but you may be right about it now that you mention it. I gues normal maps have to be generated with the digitigrade position so it looks as intended ingame, but the seam area may require to be generated in the plantigrade stance so the normal transitions smoothly at the ankles.

In any case, since the Sharkmer skin doesn't have that much detail and now I'm able to generate and blend normal maps in a way that's acceptable enough, if there is any visual mismatch or anything, I can probably minimize it or even get rid of it altogether.

The problem would be females, because I have no way of creating the matching normal maps, so that means there would be a very blatant seam between the body and the schlong. Worst case scenario, I could pack BadDog's schlong for males with the main mod replacing the human male one and then offer the current human one for females as optional downloads (just like it's set up right now), but I would like to have females be able to keep BD's one as well. I'll have to see if there is any way to create the required normal map. Maybe EvilReflex can help with that, since he created all of the seamless schlong textures that exist.

Still, if it requires advanced modeling/texturing skills or anything like that, I probably won't be able to make them :s . We'll see.

And it turns out it wasn't that hard, lol.  :lol: Forget about this^, females are done as well. They are not 100% seamless, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Check it out by yourselves  :P:

attachicon.gifSharkmer_Schlong_Female_Main.png attachicon.gifSharkmer_Schlong_Female_Main2.png

Huge thanks to EvilReflex for pointing me in the right direction! Things are looking way better now. I'm still not an expert or anything, not even close, but at last I can make some useful stuff. Yay!  :D

Awesome! Does every BD Schlong work with the race this seemless? Because the argonian one or the Slit would look fantastic. Nice job ^^ 

Look good:D, let me guess the tatts are from the coenaculi mod?

Shouldn't he be generating normal maps based on the "plantigrade" variant before the skeletal transform? Otherwise lighting will be inconsistent between the feet and body.

No so sure about that, but you may be right about it now that you mention it. I gues normal maps have to be generated with the digitigrade position so it looks as intended ingame, but the seam area may require to be generated in the plantigrade stance so the normal transitions smoothly at the ankles.

In any case, since the Sharkmer skin doesn't have that much detail and now I'm able to generate and blend normal maps in a way that's acceptable enough, if there is any visual mismatch or anything, I can probably minimize it or even get rid of it altogether.

It should just be generated in the plantigrade position AFAIK, any skeletal transforms will adjust lighting correctly.

This may explain the strange lighting I've noticed on bad dog's paws if he's been generating the normals in the digi position.

Awesome! Does every BD Schlong work with the race this seemless? Because the argonian one or the Slit would look fantastic. Nice job ^^

Well, thank you :D, I'm very happy with the end result. Due to the way SOS placement works, the ingame schlong is not exactly in the same place as it is in 3DS Max or Blender, so I can't match it as good as I would like to (which still won't be 100% but would be a little bit better than what I have now). As a note, the blending method worked more or less in getting the lady bit textures blended into the schlong, so while it may look a little odd due to the placement thing, some of you may be happy to hear that female Sharkmer get to keep their lady bits as well as their new man bits if you give them the schlong, at least as far as visuals are concerned :P.

About other schlongs (from BadDog or otherwise), male ones should be easy to blend. Females can also be done, as I just did here, but they take a bit more work and are harder to get to look perfect.

It should just be generated in the plantigrade position AFAIK, any skeletal transforms will adjust lighting correctly.

This may explain the strange lighting I've noticed on bad dog's paws if he's been generating the normals in the digi position.

unfortunately, I didn't make a sharkmer plantigrade model. I havn't noticed any strange lighting using "Complete Khajiit."

Not so sure about the skeletal transform thing, because normals don't change ingame in any way, not even with mesh changes. Have you ever tried, say, using a SevenBase normal map with muscle definition on a UNP Petite body or something like that? It looks horrible, because the normal map is intended for a much bigger body and it doesn't chage to fit the smaller one, so you get things like heavy shading under the breasts even though the should create no shadows at all, and so on.

But since BadDog is the expert here, I'll just let him do his thing, and if when he's done it turns out you were right about it, then I'll fix the normals for the Sharkmer and let him know so he can fix his own textures.

What I mean is that object space normal maps are defined relative to the "default" position of the mesh (AKA, plantigrade).

Do you mean the default position of the default Skyrim mesh or the unmorphed bone position? Because the default position of my foot mesh/model is digitigrade. Meaning that it was re-meshed in that position and not morphed/stretched into the digitigrade position.

Well, BadDog has given the okay to use his schlong assets. I was sure he wouldn't mind, but I had to ask nevertheless just to make it official  :P.

Anyway, there's progress on the feet, but they are not done yet, so I may go ahead and release the mod in its current state. I've kind of lost track of my tinkering with the mod, so there may be some small tweaks I forgot about, but the only major edits that made it are two: fixed beast feet for CBBE females and the edited version of BadDog's canine schlong for males and UNP females.

Unfortunately, I can't create a CBBE version without the proper CBBE-specifc meshes, and I don't want to bother BadDog to create meshes that take a lot of work and I won't even use (as I only use UNP or UUNP-compatible bodies, and probably always will due to Yiffy Age). Sorry about it  :-/.

Human schlongs will still be available as optional downloads for CBBE females, and UNP females as well if you prefer the human schlong over the canine/beast one. Also, I'll upload Kuroyami's black retexture for both versions of the human schlong, and I will look into making a black retexture of the schlong itself (not the sheath, but rather what is inside) inspired by Kuroyami's one so that beast schlongs can also have their black/dark version  :P.

My free time is going to be limited during what's left of the weekend and the week itself, so I don't have an ETA yet. The day is not over, though, and I'll probably start working on it right away, so it may be up soon, but it may also have to wait untill next weekend, so just stay tuned.

What I mean is that object space normal maps are defined relative to the "default" position of the mesh (AKA, plantigrade).

Do you mean the default position of the default Skyrim mesh or the unmorphed bone position? Because the default position of my foot mesh/model is digitigrade. Meaning that it was re-meshed in that position and not morphed/stretched into the digitigrade position.

What I mean is that whatever the .nif looks like, that's the form that you need to bake your normals around. In the case of these feet, the nif is in the plantigrade position before being morphed to digi by the skeleton.

And the update is live! Check out the description, the pics and the changelog to see what's new. Please note that I was kind of in a rush while finishing and uploading it, so there may be some mistakes or some bugs I missed. If you find anything, please let me know and I'll fix them ASAP.

Enjoy!

Re normals, what boo said. The WIP image was making an MSN from Nitro's hi-poly model and my low-poly model, then putting it back on my low-poly model as a texture to see how it looked. Since the MSN colors reflect the detail in the hi-poly model, you get some sense for how well they show up on the low-poly model.

But for the game, the MSN does have to be baked from the plantigrade skeleton resting position, which sucks. I'm hoping I can use the tangent space normal to generate the MSN after deforming the feet to plantigrade so I don't have to do the exact parallel deformation on the hi-poly model and hope the nice detail doesn't get crushed out of existence. 

But right now I'm hassling with getting the deformation to work right so it's decent in game. 

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I am having issues with the beast schlong on females. Whenever I have it equipped the schlong disappears and becomes a flurry of random texture boxes. I assume this is because I use a CBBE body when the schlong is meant for UNP? If this is the case, is there a beast CBBE schlong available or in the works?

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I am having issues with the beast schlong on females. Whenever I have it equipped the schlong disappears and becomes a flurry of random texture boxes. I assume this is because I use a CBBE body when the schlong is meant for UNP? If this is the case, is there a beast CBBE schlong available or in the works?

Already is. Check downloads.

So I had all of the required folders already, the main file and the cbbe to overwrite it. Everytime the schlong now becomes erect I get those crazy texture errors. The schlong also does not match the body color at all. Any idea why I may be having those issues?

**edit** I forgot to mention this happens for only the beast schlong and for both UNP and CBBE bodies. The human schlong works fine.

So I had all of the required folders already, the main file and the cbbe to overwrite it. Everytime the schlong now becomes erect I get those crazy texture errors. The schlong also does not match the body color at all. Any idea why I may be having those issues?

**edit** I forgot to mention this happens for only the beast schlong and for both UNP and CBBE bodies. The human schlong works fine.

Huh, that is weird. I will check the file I uploaded to make sure I packed everything I had to, and I'll test the mod ingame again. Still, if you could take a pic of the bug and post it here, that would help a lot.

EDIT: Nope, triple-checked it ingame and it works fine, and the compressed file has everything. Whatever it is, it has to be caused by something on your end. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Edited by Blaze69

Huh, that is weird. I will check the file I uploaded to make sure I packed everything I had to, and I'll test the mod ingame again. Still, if you could take a pic of the bug and post it here, that would help a lot.

EDIT: Nope, triple-checked it ingame and it works fine, and the compressed file has everything. Whatever it is, it has to be caused by something on your end. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Ok, I've attached one pic of the schlong in non-erect and the other is when it is erect. It looks like the erect mesh is the problem. I use FloppySOS and sexlab cumshot. Maybe there is a problem in that area? I was hoping that the problem would not be on my end.

Thank you for the fast responses. I'll try to sort this out.

post-1134020-0-65778200-1481493546_thumb.jpg

post-1134020-0-50674000-1481493604_thumb.jpg

Ok, I've attached one pic of the schlong in non-erect and the other is when it is erect. It looks like the erect mesh is the problem. I use FloppySOS and sexlab cumshot. Maybe there is a problem in that area? I was hoping that the problem would not be on my end.

I just found out what the problem was, there were some errors on the _0 mesh for the erect schlong that would cause bugs (and even CTDs) when equipped by a character whose weight was set to anything lower than 100. I fixed the files in the main download and also uploaded a patch for those that have v2.5 already.

I'm not sure if I have all the files required for downloading, but I'm having an issue getting the right textures.

I'm looking for a Sharkmer female with CBBE body textures. I installed the Shark Race 2.5 - MAIN - UNP and SOS first, then over wrote it with Shark Race 2.5 - CBBE. The game crashes when I load it.

I then tried to install Shark Race 2.5 - CBBE and canceled any attempts to overwrite files from MAIN. When I load the game the female Sharkmer still has a shlong.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong here. Any help?

I'm not sure if I have all the files required for downloading, but I'm having an issue getting the right textures.

I'm looking for a Sharkmer female with CBBE body textures. I installed the Shark Race 2.5 - MAIN - UNP and SOS first, then over wrote it with Shark Race 2.5 - CBBE. The game crashes when I load it.

I then tried to install Shark Race 2.5 - CBBE and canceled any attempts to overwrite files from MAIN. When I load the game the female Sharkmer still has a shlong.

I'm probably doing something wrong here. Any help?

You have to say "Yes" to overwritting when installing the CBBE file so that the body textures and assets are properly replaced by CBBE versions. Also, that CTD may have been due to many reasons, the broken schlong meshes being just one of them. Try downloading the beast schlong fix file and see if that fixes your CTD.

If you want to prevent the female beast schlong from being equipped, you have to open SOS' MCM menu, and on the BadDog Sharkmer page set the gender from "Both" to "Male". Then you need to go to the "Player" page and set the schlong to "No schlong". That should prevent it from being equipped on your character or any other Sharkmer female.

Edited by Blaze69

I'm probably doing something wrong here. Any help?

You have to say "Yes" to overwritting when installing the CBBE file so that the body textures and assets are properly replaced by CBBE versions. Also, that CTD may have been due to many reasons, the broken schlong meshes being just one of them. Try downloading the beast schlong fix file and see if that fixes your CTD.

If you want to prevent the female beast schlong from being equipped, you have to open SOS' MCM menu, and on the BadDog Sharkmer page set the gender from "Both" to "Male". Then you need to go to the "Player" page and set the schlong to "No schlong". That should prevent it from being equipped on your character or any other Sharkmer female.

Removing the shlong from the menu, and everything works great. Thanks for the fast response!

Still not sure why the CBBE install is crashing the game, but I'm satisfied with what I have. Great work on the mod, by the way. Many thanks for your work.

I just found out what the problem was, there were some errors on the _0 mesh for the erect schlong that would cause bugs (and even CTDs) when equipped by a character whose weight was set to anything lower than 100. I fixed the files in the main download and also uploaded a patch for those that have v2.5 already.

The patch works great. Fixed the issues I was having. Btw when becoming erect, is it supposed to be instantaneous or can it happen gradually like in the screenshots you posted? 

The patch works great. Fixed the issues I was having. Btw when becoming erect, is it supposed to be instantaneous or can it happen gradually like in the screenshots you posted? 

It depends. The level of "unsheathing" is tied to the schlong angle, so anything that sets the schlong to "erect" (aka 90º with respect to the body) or higher will immediately force the swap into the erect state. The mid-unsheathing meshes only appear when the schlong is set to anything greater than the "flaccid" state but lower than "erect". You can try it out by selecting your character in the console and typing either "sae SosErect" or "sae SoSslowErect" (can't remember which one). It should go through all 4 states before reaching full erection. If that doesn't work, try using SOS' erection spell and see if it happens.

Edited by Blaze69

It depends. The level of "unsheathing" is tied to the schlong angle, so anything that sets the schlong to "erect" (aka 90º with respect to the body) or higher will immediately force the swap into the erect state. The mid-unsheathing meshes only appear when the schlong is set to anything greater than the "flaccid" state but lower than "erect". You can try it out by selecting your character in the console and typing either "sae SosErect" or "sae SoSslowErect" (can't remember which one). It should go through all 4 states before reaching full erection. If that doesn't work, try using SOS' erection spell and see if it happens.

I'm going to keep trying to mess with this because for some reason the 4 states dont activate. Those console commands dont seem to have any effect and the erection spell instantly puts it in P4 and then treats it like a normal schlong; increasing the angle to 90º  from 0.

It depends. The level of "unsheathing" is tied to the schlong angle, so anything that sets the schlong to "erect" (aka 90º with respect to the body) or higher will immediately force the swap into the erect state. The mid-unsheathing meshes only appear when the schlong is set to anything greater than the "flaccid" state but lower than "erect". You can try it out by selecting your character in the console and typing either "sae SosErect" or "sae SoSslowErect" (can't remember which one). It should go through all 4 states before reaching full erection. If that doesn't work, try using SOS' erection spell and see if it happens.

I'm going to keep trying to mess with this because for some reason the 4 states dont activate. Those console commands dont seem to have any effect and the erection spell instantly puts it in P4 and then treats it like a normal schlong; increasing the angle to 90º from 0.
Huh, I though the spell would make it go through all 4 stages, but turns out it doesn't. Okay, then this is sure to work, I know because this is what I did for the pics: make sure you have selected your character in the console and type "sae sosbend-7" for stage 1 (peeking out) and "sae sosbend-3" for stage 2 (halfway there).