Thanks for the great mod, mate.

Though I have run into one little problem.

Circlets do not look quite right on my poor Sharkmer, Riptide. They sort of fall over her eyes, and look a bit silly

attachicon.gif72850_screenshots_20161112115858_1.jpg

Yeah, that is caused by the skeletal helmet fitting that was included in the original mod.

The race requires its own custom skeleton with special lag bones for the ears and stuff, so AyyRofLmao decided to tweak the head bones as well so that headgear would "fit" the head. Of course, since meshes are not actually modified, but just upscaled, the results usually look, well... bad. Like that pic you posted. The alternative would be to have any kind of head gear blatantly clipping through your character's head, though, so I'm not sure which one is worse.

I've already asked Nightro for help in editing Argonian heads to get them to look more shark-y and realistic, so if he is successful, Sharkmer can be made to use regular Argonian headgear and it should fit and look way better. I'm sure he can come up with something that looks good when he gets down to it, so just stay tuned.

BTW, Riptide. I love that name  :D .

As for any more of this kind of pics you might have, I'll admit I wouldn't mind taking a look at them :P , but I don't want to clutter the thread with even more pics, so if you could just post a link to the album instead of the pics themselves or something like that, it would be nice. No pressure or need to do it, though, just asking in case it's possible.

lol. i dont really use my photobucket. i only uploaded those couple pics to post here

The overall design seems to be more paw-shaped than talon-shaped than I originally intended the feet to be,

u mean like a dragon/reptile like foot? i have pics of those too

Nah, I was refering to BadDog's Argonian feet. I thought those could be a good base to work on and I posted them for Nightro to download, but now I'm in love with those paws from the Rei pic you posted (and with the whole character, and I don't even know why :shy: ), so I guess it was not that good of an idea.

Maybe I'll upload BD's Khajiit feet for Nightro as well, considering they are closer to this design that the Argonian ones. Then he can decide which mesh to work on, and that's it.

As for any more of this kind of pics you might have, I'll admit I wouldn't mind taking a look at them :P , but I don't want to clutter the thread with even more pics, so if you could just post a link to the album instead of the pics themselves or something like that, it would be nice. No pressure or need to do it, though, just asking in case it's possible.

EDIT: Okay, here they are. Same deal as the previous file, male and female versions of BD's Khajiit feet in .OBJ format, straight out of NifSkope's export tool. The reference feet is the same I included with the Argonian meshes, so i've seen no reason to pack them here as well.

Nightro, just pick the one you think is more appropiate for that design between these and the Argonian ones. As I said in the post above, I think I would like to have the design from the second pic from the bottom, so if you could make them like that (maybe with some extra edits if you like), I would be really grateful.

attachicon.gifKhajiitFeet.7z

Like the base tale on the first one with the tail tip on the third. Like the fin/ears and feet best on the fourth. They are very sexy but, "Also I really like some of them, so I might keep them for, huh, another kind of future reference :P ." I don't think they entice me as much as Blaze69. But hey, it's not like I havn't looked at anything Dr. Comet related. ;)

So my plans for the head: more realistic and stealthy while keeping a bit of sexiness for the male and more sexiness for the female. I pretty much just have to morph the same head a bit.

As for the feet I plan to use picture number 4 but want to add more narrowness on the top of the toes. Also with more of a stealth feature on the top foot to counter the bottom while trying to keep it somewhat smooth. More bulky paw features like picture 5 which is a very similar shape don't make much sense to me for being an aquatic race that's based off of a shark with a plane/jet like body.

Like the base tale on the first one with the tail tip on the third. Like the head and feet best on the fourth. They are very sexy but, "Also I really like some of them, so I might keep them for, huh, another kind of future reference :P ." I don't think they entice me as much as Blaze69. But hey, it's not like I havn't looked at anything Dr. Comet related. ;)

So my plans for the head: more realistic and stealthy while keeping a bit of sexiness for the male and more sexiness for the female. I pretty much just have to morph the same head a bit.

As for the feet I plan to use picture number 4 but want to add more narrowness on the top of the toes with more of a stealth feature on the top foot to counter the bottom. More bulky paw features like picture 5 with a very similar shape don't make much sense to me for being an aquatic race that's based off of a shark with a plane/jet like body.

That "future reference" thing was just a joke, I'm not gonna do it, though there wouldn't be any problem if I did want to keep the pictures for such purposes. This is LL, after all  :P . In case you are wondering, the ones I actually like (and the ones I could ever remotely think about doing such a thing with, BTW) are the first one and the last two. The others, well, not so much.

Anyway, great to hear about your plans. Though when you say "morph the same head a bit", what do you mean? You would have to use the corresponding Argonian head (male or female) as a base for each gender, you can't use the same head for both genders, or else the neck seam won't match and there would be a gap between head and body. You probably know this already, but I wanted to stress it just in case.

As for the feet, it all sounds great to me. Nothing to say there. Can't wait to see them finished, I'm sure they will look great.

Like the base tale on the first one with the tail tip on the third. Like the head and feet best on the fourth. They are very sexy but, "Also I really like some of them, so I might keep them for, huh, another kind of future reference :P ." I don't think they entice me as much as Blaze69. But hey, it's not like I havn't looked at anything Dr. Comet related. ;)

As for the feet I plan to use picture number 4 but want to add more narrowness on the top of the toes with more of a stealth feature on the top foot to counter the bottom. More bulky paw features like picture 5 with a very similar shape don't make much sense to me for being an aquatic race that's based off of a shark with a plane/jet like body.

That "future reference" thing was just a joke, I'm not gonna do it, though there wouldn't be any problem if I did want to keep the pictures for such purposes. This is LL, after all  :P . In case you are wondering, the ones I actually like (and the ones I could ever remotely think about doing such a thing with, BTW) are the first one and the last two. The others, well, not so much.

Anyway, great to hear about your plans. Though when you say "morph the same head a bit", what do you mean? You would have to use the corresponding Argonian head (male or female) as a base for each gender, you can't use the same head for both genders, or else the neck seam won't match and there would be a gap between head and body. You probably know this already, but I wanted to stress it just in case.

As for the feet, it all sounds great to me. Nothing to say there. Can't wait to see them finished, I'm sure they will look great.

Lol I'm well aware that you liked the last two and I picked the second to last. I like the same one you picked as well. Yah, I guess I forgot that females had a smaller neck seem because Bathesda pretty much did everything half assed accept humans, that is for meshes anyway. :P

Lol I'm well aware that you liked the last two and I picked the second to last. I like the same one you picked as well. Yah, I guess I forgot that females had a smaller neck seem. :P

Oh, well, glad the head thing was cleared. I know having to edit the female head and then doing the same to the male head is somewhat double the work, but that's how heads are set up in Skyrim. I'm sure whatever you can come up with will look great for both males and females, so there's that.

Should I put a haut on your feet to see how the model proposed from Bad Dog and me from my previous post in Yiffy Age of Skyrim to prevent stretching turns out? Or do you not mind the stretching?

What would that "haut" thing be? Not sure if it's a typo in "halt" or an actual word.

As for stretching or whatever, let's be honest, I would want the feet to look as good as possible, so if you think doing that is necessary in order to prevent stretching in the mesh or something like that, sure, go ahead. Plus, it's probably going to be BD the one I ask to get your meshes ingame, so if you figure out first how to do it with your Khajiit feet, then doing the same for your Sharkmer feet should be way easier.

Should I put a haut on your feet to see how the model proposed from Bad Dog and me from my previous post in Yiffy Age of Skyrim to prevent stretching turns out? Or do you not mind the stretching?

What would that "haut" thing be? Not sure if it's a typo in "halt" or an actual word.

As for stretching or whatever, let's be honest, I would want the feet to look as good as possible, so if you think doing that is necessary in order to prevent stretching in the mesh or something like that, sure, go ahead. Plus, it's probably going to be BD the one I ask to get your meshes ingame, so if you figure out first how to do it with your Khajiit feet, then doing the same for your Sharkmer feet should be way easier.

lol yes, it was a typo. Fixed it. I think it's a good idea. In the meantime, I need to focus on v1.1 of my model, then I'll start on the your heads. The digi feet varies.

lol yes, it was a typo. Fixed it. I think it's a good idea. In the meantime, I need to focus on v1.1 of my model, then I'll start on the your heads. The digi feet varies.
Okay, good to hear. Take as much time as you need, I can wait.

Also looking forward to seeing what new head shape you can come up with. In the meantime I'll be taking a look at porting stuff like the eye textures to work with Argonian assets. I may also have to move the ears around to fit the new head, though I'm not sure how that would play out with their morphs and the lagbones they use and stuff. If you don't mind, I can post the ear meshes here so you can also take a shot at fitting/tweaking them alongside the heads, and if they do work good enough afterwards, I can use them.

lol yes, it was a typo. Fixed it. I think it's a good idea. In the meantime, I need to focus on v1.1 of my model, then I'll start on the your heads. The digi feet varies.

Also looking forward to seeing what new head shape you can come up with. In the meantime I'll be taking a look at porting stuff like the eye textures to work with Argonian assets. I may also have to move the ears around to fit the new head, though I'm not sure how that would play out with their morphs and the lagbones they use and stuff. If you don't mind, I can post the ear meshes here so you can also take a shot at fitting/tweaking them alongside the heads, and if they do work good enough afterwards, I can use them.

Okay that's fine. It's a good thing you mentioned that. I was going to try and make some with the head.

Okay that's fine. It's a good thing you mentioned that. I was going to try and make some with the head.

Oh, okay, that's great. Here you go, the ears and also the earrings. I like to keep the latter as an option, so if you could fit them to whatever new shape you give to the ears, that would be just great (BTW, sorry for all the extra requests, I don't want to be annoying or anything):

Also I think you may be able to edit the ears as you please (meaning adding more polys or whatever). The lagbones will work just fine, because the ears can already be morphed using the "Chin" sliders in RaceMenu, and even though they change height and length using those, the lagbones still work, so I guess it's all good. The morphs, on the other hand, would conflict with the actual Chin sliders once the new Argonian-based head is implemented, so I will probably remove them. No morphs means no need to keep vertex order/polycount, so if you want to change the ears so they fit the new heads as seamlessly as possible or something like that, feel free to do so.

BTW, If I read that right, you intended to make some ears or something in the head mesh itself. It'll probably also look good, though I'm not sure if CITRUS' polycount is enough for adding such shapes to the head, or even how morphs would affect them (the upper back of the head seems untouched by morphs, though, so you could work there). I do think adding a fin or fin-like shape to the head mesh itself would look great, but I'll leave the head desing up to you and your artistic talent.

EDIT: Also, as a side note for anybody interested, I've made some progress in learning how some tools work, and at last I've managed to create seamless normal maps. The process I use is probably not the recommended one, though.

I load meshes in 3DS Max, average/smooth normals in the seams so they are not visible, export as .obj and then use XNormal to bake normals woth the same meshes as both hi-poly and low-poly. This means the only normals I can make for now will be basic/bland ones (think flawless smooth skin), at least at the seams, but those will work for the Sharkmer for now.

Anyway, what this post is about is that I finally managed to get my UV edits working while still having seamless ankle transitions with both CBBE and custom clawed feet. So, the next version of the mod will include the current humanoid clawed feet for CBBE. I'll probably release an update very soon with the swimming buff and the fixed feet for both versions (I can take a shot at doing males as well, but I can't promise anything). Once the feet/heads from Nightro are done and I switch to BadDog's digitigrade skeleton, I'll probably offer an optional plantigrade patch that would restore default skeletons and the current feet.
Edited by Blaze69

Oh, okay, that's great. Here you go, the ears and also the earrings. I like to keep the latter as an option, so if you could fit them to whatever new shape you give to the ears, that would be just great (BTW, sorry for all the extra requests, I don't want to be annoying or anything):

attachicon.gifSharkEars.7z

Also I think you may be able to edit the ears as you please (meaning adding more polys or whatever). The lagbones will work just fine, because the ears can already be morphed using the "Chin" sliders in RaceMenu, and even though they change height and length using those, the lagbones still work, so I guess it's all good. The morphs, on the other hand, would conflict with the actual Chin sliders once the new Argonian-based head is implemented, so I will probably remove them. No morphs means no need to keep vertex order/polycount, so if you want to change the ears so they fit the new heads as seamlessly as possible or something like that, feel free to do so.

BTW, If I read that right, you intended to make some ears or something in the head mesh itself. It'll probably also look good, though I'm not sure if CITRUS' polycount is enough for adding such shapes to the head, or even how morphs would affect them (the upper back of the head seems untouched by morphs, though, so you could work there). I do think adding a fin or fin-like shape to the head mesh itself would look great, but I'll leave the head desing up to you and your artistic talent.

EDIT: Also, as a side note for anybody interested, I've made some progress in learning how some tools work, and at last I've managed to create seamless normal maps. The process I use is probably not the recommended one, though.

I load meshes in 3DS Max, average/smooth normals in the seams so they are not visible, export as .obj and then use XNormal to bake normals woth the same meshes as both hi-poly and low-poly. This means the only normals I can make for now will be basic/bland ones (think flawless smooth skin), at least at the seams, but those will work for the Sharkmer for now.

Anyway, what this post is about is that I finally managed to get my UV edits working while still having seamless ankle transitions with both CBBE and custom clawed feet. So, the next version of the mod will include the current humanoid clawed feet for CBBE. I'll probably release an update very soon with the swimming buff and the fixed feet for both versions (I can take a shot at doing males as well, but I can't promise anything). Once the feet/heads from Nightro are done and I switch to BadDog's digitigrade skeleton, I'll probably offer an optional plantigrade patch that would restore default skeletons and the current feet.

Wait, what do you want me to do with the earrings? This is the first I've heard of it. If your worried about the position of earrings, I think that has to be done in NifSkope.

Wait, what do you want me to do with the earrings? This is the first I've heard of it. If your worried about the position of earrings, I think that has to be done in NifSkope.

Yeah, now that I think about it, you are right. I just thought if you were going to edit the ears, it would be easier for you to move the earrings alongside them than having to fit them later. So you can just ignore the earrings, I'll see what I can do with them later.

Yeah, now that I think about it, you are right. I just thought if you were going to edit the ears, it would be easier for you to move the earrings alongside them than having to fit them later. So you can just ignore the earrings, I'll see what I can do with them later.

It wouldn't work. I can keep them in a certain position, but that would be meaningless because they are separate meshes. This would have to be done in nifscope or another application. The only possible way would be to merge them down which would make them into a single mesh. This would require you to swap the ear meshes when putting on the earrings. That would create a lot more work.

The actual position I can't do, reshaping the mesh is a different story. That is only if it requires it.

It wouldn't work. I can keep them in a certain position, but that would be meaningless because they are separate meshes. This would have to be done in nifscope or another application. The only possible way would be to merge them down which would make them into a single mesh. This would require you to swap the ear meshes when putting on the earrings. That would create a lot more work.

Actually, that's how it works right now, ear meshes are indeed swapped whenever you add/remove earrings. In fact, the "brows" slider controls the ear parts but has only two options: ear meshes alone or ear meshes with earrings added as an extra part (head part meshes can have separate meshes added to them by setting them up in the CK as Extra Part). It's just that in both cases the ear meshes are the same, so the change is not noticeable, but the HeadPart entry does change code-wise. EDIT: nope, I was wrong, ears are added to the head as an Extra part. Which leads us to the same thing, so no big deal:

But anyway, you can skip them altogether. I'll see what I can do with them once the head is done, and if I'm unable to fit them, well, loosing earrings seems like a good tradeoff for better heads.

Edited by Blaze69

Actually, that's how it works right now, ear meshes are indeed swapped whenever you add/remove earrings. In fact, the "brows" slider controls the ear parts but has only two options: ear meshes alone or ear meshes with earrings added as an extra part (head part meshes can have separate meshes added to them by setting them up in the CK as Extra Part). It's just that in both cases the ear meshes are the same, so the change is not noticeable, but the HeadPart entry does change code-wise. EDIT: nope, I was wrong, ears are added to the head as an Extra part. Which leads us to the same thing, so no big deal:

But anyway, you can skip them altogether. I'll see what I can do with them once the head is done, and if I'm unable to fit them, well, loosing earrings seems like a good tradeoff for better heads.

I opened up the mesh in Zbrush and they are just duplicates of the same ring. I can delete all but one ring, add the ring as a tool , and pull them out when I finish adjusting the ears to the head. I though it would have been a more complicated design. That is the only option. It would be difficult to keep them as is.

I opened up the mesh in Zbrush and they are just duplicates of the same ring. I can delete all but one ring, add the ring as a tool , and pull them out when I finish adjusting the ears to the head. I though it would have been a more complicated design. That is the only option. It would be difficult to keep them as is.

Again, just forget about the earrings. I wouldn't want you to go crazy trying to get them to work or whatever, you are doing enough for me already  :sleepy: .

Just edit the head and the ears the way you like and send them all to me, and I'll take care of the rest. Though it would be good to see some previews once you get down to it, to see how the process goes and how it looks. But no rush, take all the time you need.

EDIT: On yet another status update, I spent an hour trying to create a normal map that allows for a seamless transition between the body and the Argonian head, but no luck, there was always a very visible seam, even though Blender, XNormal and 3DS Max all showed it as seamless when loading the meshes to bake the normal maps.

Then, just when I was about to give up, I thought, "Maybe there is something wrong with the Argonian head itself", and sure, the shader/texture properties were all wrong. I set them back to the vanilla human body/head standard, loaded the game again, and whaddayaknow, seamless as it can be. GG Bethesda, always screwing up non-human races for no particular reason  :dodgy: . /rant

TL;DR: I have seamless normals prepared for the new heads already, though they will look kind of flat and bland until I can learn some advanced texturing or someone helps me with them, and same goes for the face texture itself.

Next thing would be to try to give male Sharkmer their clawed feet back, though I'm not sure I'll actually do it. It would take some work, and once Nightro's assets are finished and integrated, the digitigrade skeleton with the new feet wil be the main focus of any further work (though the current plantigrade + clawed feet for UNP/CBBE setup will still be available as an optional download).

Edited by Blaze69
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem like much progress is being made on that foot mesh I uploaded yet. I don't know if Bad Dog is waiting for my v1.1 model to test with Boo's skeleton first or not. Do you want me to get started on a mesh for the current skeleton or are you gonna want to use Boo's skeleton?

I think you can just go ahead and start with the current one, I don't think the difference is going to be that much, and if it is, the current skeleton works good enough for me, so it's fine.