[WIP] JRFollower Pack - Hana v0.851 Released

Jerok

Nice upload!  Here's some quick feedback for you.

Everything works well with Hana.  The only issue is perhaps her hands being too large.  But this is a common problem and is easily fixed with Racemenu changes allowed within the EFF mod.

Here she is in "coc studioblack".  Her body looks as expected, and she has no noticeable problems with her face:

attachicon.gifHana.jpg

Here she is in the basement of BBLS with some of my custom body textures: 

attachicon.gifHana hot body.jpg

Good job on this follower!  I like her a lot and look forward to any others you release.

Thanks for the quick check!

Hmm, if I'm looking at it right everything does seem to come across correctly, the hand thing really bothers me as I cannot imagine where that could come from, any chance you'd have a mod that could cause that? I double checked the nifs and she has her own skeleton so I've really got no clue, I'll have to wait on how it looks for others before I experiment on it.

I've only just realized I only gave Hana basic makeup, though I might just leave her like that since it sorta feels right. But I really wanna try adding some blush.

Once I'm sure it's ok I'll start posting stuff like hairstyle options to get feedback on best choices, updated looks, custom body types and so on.

Them aesthetics doe.... Personally like Hana, Biki, Rin and Rak (Not enough male Argonian followers). Love all of their looks, my only gripe is maybe Rin's cheeks are a bit too concave, I get that she's a vampire but slightly more volume to her cheeks would improve her face, personally.

I'm glad someone finally drops Rak's name, I kinda added him as a wildcard but he is indeed my main male character. I should probably try my hand at a human male again soon.

As for Rin's cheeks, I'm hesitant to inflate them as I feel it's her unique selling point, but I do agree something is off there. Upon a closer look I'd say that for me the issue is that the cheekline ends into a sort of "bulge" near her teeth (as if she had swollen teeth), so maybe if I go into a reverse route and smoothen the area around her mouth instead it'd no longer look off?

I'll probably give both a shot, too hard for me to tell without actually making the change.

I don't know why the hands are large.  My first guess would be the skeleton as well. I don't have the cleanest install of Racemenu + ECE so it could be on my end.  I'll look into it, but we may have to see how Hana looks in someone else's game before knowing the problem.

EDIT:  Just a suggestion, the JRShared folders would be be better off in their respective meshes/actors/characters or textures/actors/characters folders.  This is how most of the followers I have are installed and it keeps them easier to edit.

I don't know why the hands are large.  My first guess would be the skeleton as well. I don't have the cleanest install of Racemenu + ECE so it could be on my end.  I'll look into it, but we may have to see how Hana looks in someone else's game before knowing the problem.

EDIT:  Just a suggestion, the JRShared folders would be be better off in their respective meshes/actors/characters or textures/actors/characters folders.  This is how most of the followers I have are installed and it keeps them easier to edit.

I understand the annoyance of having to locate the JRShared folders, but I'll have to insist in those locations. As I'll try to keep anything I currently and in the future build limited to those folders as much as I can so I don't get too lost when I need to grab the assets I need for each mod. Otherwise the chance of me forgetting to include something is high.

On a brighter note, unless they have their own textures and shapes (and some will) the other followers will grab the same assets you have now so you won't have to overwrite those again. Just make sure not to overwrite the files you modified when installing a new one.

An easy way to manage this if you're using something like NMM is making your own package with those meshes and textures, install it, and deny any future follower installation when asked to overwrite. I do this for my HDT xmls for example, there are too many mods out there that try to overwrite them and they barely tell you about them being included.

Uploaded Hana with a couple of dumb mistakes fixed. But I forgot to reposition her eyes to look a bit further and up by default, it'll be done on next upload.

Uploaded Biki, if someone can post a screenshot please do, as she is a non human I had to go through a couple of loops I didn't have to for Hana so I'm unsure about them.
Just a small fyi about Biki, she will probably be asigned a different body texture and muscular tone with the next upload.

Alisoni looks great. She is also the only one i like :P

You picky lil fkr. D':

As it's going I'll indeed line up Alisoni next, then it'll probably be between Rin and Dova v.2. With 4 I'll have enough to keep myself busy for a while.

With all the wonderfull voice actors that worked on Skyrim so far I'm a bit disapointed at how sparce or nonexistent public voice resources are, or maybe I'm just bad at searching. Gotta see if I can coax someone into this or work something out if I feel like it's really a must.

At least I finally fixed the CK from crashing on me every 5 minutes.

Hana Fix: change skeleton to skeleton_female in folder & race.

No, do Rin next!

Yeah, I noticed that fuck up, the current upload has that fixed. Should be the reason for the big hands too I supose, though strangely they didn't appear big for me.

I like both so I'll leave it up to the next person that votes on either. Rin is the OJ and oldest (ironically) but I put more thought on Dova v2. Though if they're sneaky and they read this they can convince me to do both with a 5 vote tie.

So turns out I forgot Rin's actual race (and no longer remember it), I think she was suposed to be a half elf with a Nord race as base. xP I only remembered this when I removed the hair and saw the pointy ears.

Something else amusing about Rin, her original look was different, when I was taking screenshots of the characters to post here I noticed she was wildly different but looked alright, arguably better, so I attributed it to some unknown mod I installed and ignored it. Turns out she had the citrus head mesh applied by default without my intent (possibly because she grabs the vampire head mesh?), this warped her head into what it is now, it's all well and good minus the fact that changing her hair and a closer look revealed a lot of deformations all over the place, it took a while but I managed to sand most of them out and decided to have some fun with the fangs.

This is her current look, I did not change her colors, it's just different lighting, I'm still very undecisive on the hairstyle I'll choose:

post-1243014-0-34736800-1480013232_thumb.jpg

Inspiration for Biki?

True, Ork's get no love, but I think she's growing on me, nice shade of green and great eyes.

I was just trying to see if I could make an Orc somewhat pretty. xP Though Comicbookgirl19 crossed my mind when I picked the hairstyle.

Her small backstory is basically an independent orc with fashion sense out of her time (which certainly doesn't fit her culture). Here's hoping that I can find an unusual outfit that's not too lore breaking and feels like fancier orc clothing. I haven't tried it yet but the clothes from the fourth screenshot here is the current candidate.

I was going to keep releasing the basic packages for each character but instead since I feel I've learned all I need towards transfering appearance data I'm going to focus on building something proper for Hana and after that I'll post the updated looks for the other characters and release them one at a time.

This is what I want for the basic Hana release:

- 100% appearance transfer (done, slightly different from last release);
- Add non vanilla outfit: done;
- Add non vanilla weapon: in progress, easy;
- Custom dialogue: in progress;
- Two custom summons for her, they can only be used sparingly, dont worry about them getting in the way all the time, plus they're small. (halfway done);
- Small questline to unlock one of her summons (barely started);
- Some small details like OSex profile;

A shout out to a follower I've very recently helped with, give her a try and endorse! o/
I think some optional files are being uploaded but you can try the base release and update shortly.

Hana is ridiculously cute! Does she have a custom body?

Thank you for sharing mate.

Thank you! She does have a custom body it's pretty much a Leyenda Body spinoff.

In terms of appearance the next release will have some big improvements on her eyes (already done) and I'm thinking of giving her a slightly lighter and rosier tone of skin. Or at least a bit more basic makeup.

At the moment I'm just reading through all the Creation kit tutorials to absorb what I can in order to be ready for anything I'll plan to do. Once I'm done it shouldn't take long for me to start putting out the content, as far as Hana's concerned the only knowledge I'm still lacking is dialogue and quest related, which is what I'm reading about right now.

Reading about everything in one go is a bit brutal, but even if not fully understood at first it's always enough to leave references in your head that'll let you quickly find what you need when you realize you need it. And when I read it again it'll all make more sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I get to throw a little update in here. It's more of a "I'm hyped so I'm gonna post screenshots" thing, but the point being, I'm pretty close to uploading a more solid release of the first Follower, Hana.

Behold the radiance!

post-1243014-0-38614200-1481921672.jpg

She keeps herself in shadow, as to not blind thee with piercing light. 

The armor and weapon should be fine to use, as well as the acessories, all permissions obtained or allowed by default. There is only a head accessory I haven't tried yet since I want to convert the armor it's on first.

Besides some features that are mod specific she will come with her own:

- Weapon:
- Armor;
- Accessories;
- Combat Style;

- Custom summon;
- A very small quest for Hana to unlock her second custom summon (they're small and hopefully sparingly used, don't worry);
- Additional summon gained through a quest, that is "held" within a "headpiece". Anyone that might have a similar humor to mine will love this, you can also cast the summon if you wear that headpiece, and I think it has a pretty unique dynamic about it;
- Easter egg armor piece you can find while doing the quest, grants a more basic summon spell while equipped, or you can sell if for good profit;
- New body preset;

- Slightly improved appearance from the previous release of Hana, if you just want to see more screenshots of this character you can check my conversions thread, I've been using her as the model there.
- etc.

My only gripe is that we have neither the talent or audio equipment to record voices for followers or quest NPCs. I intended to at least add something for placeholders but the quality is just too bad. I'll be searching for help about this soon but if anyone can point me in the right direction about asking for VAs while I'm sorting things out please do.

I'll upload the test release in a day or two.

Here's a few more screenshots, I can't upload the rest since they're a pretty big quest spoiler. Not the best lighting either but I couldn't resist uploading something.

post-1243014-0-38590500-1481921670_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-58103000-1481921673_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-38501700-1481921668_thumb.jpg

No, the dialogue isn't all that dumb (plus the context is missing), but I was sure there'd be people here that'd appretiate that line.

I've learned a lot lately, but damn, is the CK ever so stressfull.

The first proper release (for testing) is up, please give it a go and let me know if it plays out ok. I rewrote a lot of the main post so please give it another look.

I'd really like to know if it's working well so I can start looking for voice actors.

Heyo Jerok!

Hana questline works perfectly fine(tryed it 3 times with no flaws) Ill try again a few test tomorow... no problems with her and AFT.... might need to check with  UFO,EFF or anyother follower recruiting mod.... 1 minor detail is the left garter belt is missing the texture(it purple)

Cheers

Thank you very much~ give Hana a try in combat after retrieving Snowball and pay attention to her head. :3 Hana can die btw, carefull.

Nice heads up on the missing texture. I assume follower recruiting mods should be ok, I think they usually get screwed over since custom quests tend to add the follower via script. I just enable the missing factions on the NPC and let the player use the default recruiting dialogue entry.

It'd be nice to skip that line of dialogue but I rather go for easy compatibility.

If anyone has the time and could try these scenarios and confirm they're ok it'd be great:

- Go to the location Snowball would normally have been found before meeting Hana and kill it (you bastard!). It should trigger a shorter less rewarding quest scenario;

- I'm guessing the quest failing if Hana dies midway shouldn't need to be tested, just try to break the quest somehow if you want to.

Thanks again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I look for people to help me with voice acting and so on I'll start exploring making my own dungeons. Next up is Biki with a dungeon or two to complete her quest. Honestly dungeon building is the part of the CK I've been looking forward to the most.

Just a quick question to anyone still following this for a specific character. Do you want a quick and simple release of a specific character this week? Which?

If you do tell me now and I'll cook it up quick, otherwise the character might take quite a long time to show as a proper follower release, since I intend to give them something close to the Hana treatment (all geared up plus minor quest). Hana will keep getting more content though.

I think I had an Alisoni about done for an early release here, just needed to isolate the files and package it, so I'm uploading that one pretty soon anyways.

Also gave Casca a do-over, given she's been my main for so long. Same inspiration, different headmesh and more experience, Casca V2:

post-1243014-0-51090000-1482775227_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived