[WIP] JRFollower Pack - Hana v0.851 Released

Jerok

If you've come here from the JRStuff thread know that this thread will be updated soon to focus on Hana Thorns and her quests.

Hello ya'll ~

The first proper follower release is up. It's Hana Thorns and her small quest "A Snowball dyed red"

post-1243014-0-38614200-1481921672.jpg

post-1243014-0-38590500-1481921670_thumb.jpg   post-1243014-0-38501700-1481921668_thumb.jpg

Download link (v0.855)

-- Requirements --

- Dawnguard DLC;
HDT Physics Extensions (if you have breasts bouncing you already have this);

Recommended:

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE

- Face Light (always a plus, though I rarely bother to use it on followers)

-- Location --

Meet her near a small bridge to the east of Dragon Bridge, follow the road. You will see bandit corpses around, she's up in a high rock.

post-1243014-0-03549200-1482191589_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-36292600-1482191591_thumb.jpg

You can also find her at the Four Shield Tavern (Dragon Bridge) on Sundays.

Or cheat and teleport nearby by typing "coc pom1" in the console.

-- Featuring --

- Hana, a standalone follower/NPC;
- A small quest to unlock an "additional" summon for Hana and to enable her as a follower;

- Custom combat style for Hana (Bow at long range targets, daggers up close, no dumb arrow shooting at meele range all the time);
- Custom body type/preset;
- Hana's non vanilla clothing, jewelry and bow;

- Basic summon for Hana named Branch;

- Easter egg armor piece you can find while doing the quest, grants a more basic summon spell while equipped, or you can sell if for good profit;

- OSA persona profile;

-- Installing --

Just add the files with your favorite mod manager.

-- Updating --

From 0.61 or lower:
I'd advice to dismiss Hana, leave the game, uncheck JR_HR_Hana.esp from your load order, go ingame, save. Then install the new version.

-- To be added --

- Voice acting if I can find some talented people willing to help. Voice acting auditions for Hana and "A Snowball dyed red". VAs have been casted.

- Cross mod features for some of my favorite mods. 

-- Bugs and changes being looked into --

- Hana disapearing (losing alpha) when she has her necklace equipped;

- Wrong path or missing textures for the necklace.

-- Other resources--

- Hana's body type [bodySlide preset]: JRBody 1.3.xml

- Questline dialogue: A Snowball dyed red - Dialogue 0.94 (Voice actor resource).rtf

-- Credits and honorable mentions (WIP) --

I'm having a bit of trouble identifying some assets with all the overwrites my installation has, if you spot any mistakes or missing credits please help me out by pointing them out.

- XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended by Groovtama http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000/?

- BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Caliente http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?
- HerodeLeyenda for providing his All-in-One package and Bodyslide Preset that worked as a starting base for me to create the character appearance 
- Adorable Face by Lumination http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61178/?
- True Brows by JimtownIrish http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50307/?
- Eye Normal Map Fix by Mr.Dave http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54416/?
- Fair Skin Complexion by HHaley http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?
- Make A Follower Kit MAFK by Ashes2Asherz for getting me started on follower creation http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76828/?
- SG Hairs by Hello Santa and all the original mesh creators
- Everyone giving feedback and helping me out during testing http://www.loverslab.com/topic/69001-wip-jrfollower-pack-help-me-choose-and-improve/

- Atronach and Spriggan Retextures by Den987 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30904/?
- KANRAx2 for Snowball's models and Textures http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58322/?
- testiger2 for the DovahBling Jewelry http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53767/?
- Stealthic Khaos for the Midnight Breed Armor http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53697/?
- InsanitySorrow for The Huntsman bow http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57870/?

Hey great work so far!

I really like Hana, Alisoni, Dova V1 & V2 (I like red heads lol...). Particularly keen on Hana.

Since they are way better than anything I come up with on my own, I don't have much criticism haha.

However a bit of feedback I can provide, Hana may look even better if she had brighter eyes (say blue/green etc) to draw you in since they have a nice shape. Dova V1 has a bit of an angry look to her mostly due to her eyebrows, not sure if a stern look is intended if so disregard. Dova V2 looks good so perhaps a hairstyle that covers her face less? 

nice job & look forward to seeing their progression.

Thanks!

Hana is freshly made and the last thing I struggled with was indeed the eye color. My favorite combo is bright green eyes and red hair (as evident by the Dovas) so I feel what you mean, I'll do a side by side with brighter shades of blue as to not repeat myself with greens. After clothing her up and trying different lighting I'm really happy with how she came out and might be my new favorite. One of her eyes needs a bit of fixing though, not that I  necessarily dislike the asymmetry.

The angry look on Dova 1 is mostly unintentional but I found the eyebrow shape interesting so I stuck with it. I plan to make a small unique/iconic eyebrows mod eventually (first thought of it while making her actually) so she'll probably be the first one to use it.

Dova v.2 and Casca are characters I've been doing playthroughs with and I tend to change hairstyle now and then. Casca already has a small list of hairstyle choices but I kinda lost what choices I made for Dova v.2 but that's unlikely her final cut, I do indeed need to move some hair out of her face, spent way too much time on those eyes to cover one up.

Adding these to my to do list:

- Brighter blue eyes for Hana;

- Alternate hairstyle on Dova v.2.

Thanks again~

Hey 

That sounds pretty awesome. Hana with some bright blue eyes will be stellar, quite interested to see what you go with there. I also like that you're in agreement with changing up Dova v.2 hair as it did seem like a bit of a shame to partially cover up that face lol. 

Regardless, whatever materializes will be a welcome addition here on LL so thank you for the time & effort to provide some content.

Should I be picking the ones you want put into the pack or the ones that just need work? I'm of the opinion that there should be a little variety in followers in terms of races. You know, leave it up to the player.

A little off-topic, but what ENB do you use for these pics in the OP? :D

Can say whatever you want but it'll probably be most productive to point out what you think about your favorites. As I'll invest the most time in the popular picks, thus will put their feedback to good use.

I'm of the same mind with you on variety which is why no race repeats itself unless it's an alternate version, I'm hoping some people will vote for a race less seen that I could improve on.

I use True Vision ENB and Realistic Lighting Overhaul, once in a while I try to move on to another ENB but the biggest problem I have with most popular ones is that while they make the enviroment great and possibly better the characters look poorly in most lighting scenarios, and I also need something playable. So I always go back to True ENB, from what I've seen it shouldn't stray too far from Real ENB but maybe less colorfull?

The screenshots were taken without facelight or RaceMenu light btw, I thought it'd be cheating to use it for follower mugshots, the room just has decent enough lighting. They still look better with facelight on thou.

Four I like the best: Dova v1, Casca, Alisoni, and Biki. :D

Dova 1 looks like she just needs some work around the flares of the nose.
Alisoni's eyes look a bit... weird. Anime-ish, almost. But if that can't be worked around, it's probably best to keep her as is.

The other two looks well-polished already. Biki looks BEAUTIFUL. I don't know. Maybe the only small thing about her that seems off is where the eyelid folds above her eyes, but I'm not sure if that's fixable.

All in all, good job! Also thanks for the ENB advice.

Thanks for the feedback~

I'm a bit unsure on where to go with Alisoni's eyes, any more specifics? @_@

Adding these to my to do list:

- fix slight droop in Biki's eyelids;
- sharpen Alisoni's chin.

Currently I've been messing around with outfit conversions and trying to find outfits that authors allow others to use so I can add them to the followers. If anyone knows any cool looking clothes the author doesn't mind sharing, in other words, allow their use by attribution (simply giving credit) please let me know!

Hana... Casca.... Rin.... Dova V2

No particular order, all have interesting faces.

I can do some testing, if you are interested. Just finishing up a complete reinstall of steam and skyrim. Trying to decide on an EMB.

From your wording, I assume you are looking for clothing and not armor. Does body type matter, or will you convert clothing to your body type?

I can do some testing, if you are interested. Just finishing up a complete reinstall of steam and skyrim. Trying to decide on an EMB.

From your wording, I assume you are looking for clothing and not armor. Does body type matter, or will you convert clothing to your body type?

Thanks, I'll start sending you copies in a week or two.

I'm looking for either clothes or armor, whatever matches the look of the follower. To examplify Casca could use something more exotic, Hana could use something cuter, either way anything that looks good works. I can convert the clothes to the body type.

If anyone wants to suggest a body type for each I'd also consider it.

Thanks, I'll start sending you copies in a week or two.

I'm looking for either clothes or armor, whatever matches the look of the follower. To examplify Casca could use something more exotic, Hana could use something cuter, either way anything that looks good works. I can convert the clothes to the body type.

If anyone wants to suggest a body type for each I'd also consider it.

Can make them whatever body type you want.  I always switch textures and bodies of followers I use anyway, unless they already match what I am using.

Would love these as a pack of presets as well!  Female Orc and Female Nord Vampire are my favorites so far.

Wops, forgot to answer this. I'm a bit hesitant to do this since while I can ensure the right textures, shapes and so forth can be loaded into a follower, a racemenu preset would likely load something pretty different from what you see here, unless you had the same default assets as me. It might even turn out better, but in most cases I suspect not.

Nevertheless I supose sharing them is still better than not, even if the results differ. Once I at least get to list all the requirements I can identify while I set up the followers I'll share this as a race menu preset too along with a list of what I have loaded in my own game.

Would love these as a pack of presets as well!  Female Orc and Female Nord Vampire are my favorites so far.

Wops, forgot to answer this. I'm a bit hesitant to do this since while I can ensure the right textures, shapes and so forth can be loaded into a follower, a racemenu preset would likely load something pretty different from what you see here, unless you had the same default assets as me. It might even turn out better, but in most cases I suspect not.

Nevertheless I supose sharing them is still better than not, even if the results differ. Once I at least get to list all the requirements I can identify while I set up the followers I'll share this as a race menu preset too along with a list of what I have loaded in my own game.

Nice, thanks!

Permissions from Original Mod authors for "free to use" are like hen's teeth.
A few I found in my archives:

Latex Corset - cbbe - by nakrulz     perms: only credit
Mystic Enchantress - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download
Deadly Assassin - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download
Ranger Armor - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download
Witchbane - unp - by gizmodian      Perms: requires credit and to be notified
Lingerie Set & Shanoa Armor - various bodies - by NPR/R18Pn      perms: use this mod freely

It appears anything by: alecu, NPR/R18Pn, SydneyB, Petrovich and Hentai can be used freely.
That's as far as I had gotten.
alecu's work is exceptional!

Permissions from Original Mod authors for "free to use" are like hen's teeth.

A few I found in my archives:

Latex Corset - cbbe - by nakrulz     perms: only credit

Mystic Enchantress - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download

Deadly Assassin - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download

Ranger Armor - unp - by alecu      perms: must be public mod anyone can download

Witchbane - unp - by gizmodian      Perms: requires credit and to be notified

Lingerie Set & Shanoa Armor - various bodies - by NPR/R18Pn      perms: use this mod freely

It appears anything by: alecu, NPR/R18Pn, SydneyB, Petrovich and Hentai can be used freely.

That's as far as I had gotten.

alecu's work is exceptional!

Thank you! I'm definitely putting one of Alecu's to use at the very least. And yeah, the most painful is finding sets of clothes that would be just oh so perfect but has no permissions info and the mod author is inactive or can't contact him/her.

I don't suppose we could convince you to release them with Vanilla armors in a WIP early release....could we?  I'm a pervert and I will put them all in bikinis anyway.   :P

lol, sure. I resumed work on this today and I'm going to start posting test releases in a day or two just so I can get some feedback on visual fidelity. I need to know if I'm properly setting them up as standalone and that they look the same as they do for me (minus graphical settings, obviously). So if you're interested just start grabbing those and please post a screenshot of how they look for you so I can fix anything I missed.

First I'll try only one (Hana, the most favored so far), once I confirm she comes across in full I'll release all of them in their basic appearance. Then I'll just focus on improving 3 or 4 of them into a proper build with their own armor, back story and whatever else I can add to enrich them. Later on I can either build a second package with the rest or/and entirely new ones.

Anything that doesn't involve commonly modded assets like meshes and textures, stuff like setting up spells, dialogue and so on I should be able to test in my own rig with less worries.

Hello~

Up in the first post there is now a download for the early version of Hana. Entirely basic behaviour, I only need to know if I'm packaging the follower correctly and if she's coming across in her entirety as a standalone follower.

So my main goals here are:
- Does she even show up (did I package everything right);
- Does her shape appear correctly (if meshes carried properly);
- Does her textures look like the ones in the screenshots (if textures carried properly).

If she appears for you ingame please take a screenshot and post it here or send it to me via PM, thank you!

Given that I'm starting to post screenshots of their naked bodies this thread might be better off in the adult section, I'll leave that to the moderators discretion and they're free to move it. I'm fine with either section.

Nice upload!  Here's some quick feedback for you.

Everything works well with Hana.  The only issue is perhaps her hands being too large.  But this is a common problem and is easily fixed with Racemenu changes allowed within the EFF mod.

Here she is in "coc studioblack".  Her body looks as expected, and she has no noticeable problems with her face:

post-7984-0-60491800-1479586723_thumb.jpg

Here she is in the basement of BBLS with some of my custom body textures: 

post-7984-0-76310400-1479586732_thumb.jpg

Good job on this follower!  I like her a lot and look forward to any others you release.

Archived