[SSE] Bad News SkyUI Users

While this may sound bad news but let me try and give a positive spin to this.
As far as i know MCM menu is very annoying to work with as modders have been complaining about this for quite a while.
But now that SkyUI isnt anymore the big thing to go to, i am sure maybe, just maybe someone else can redo a beter SkyUI like mod maybe?

But this might just be my silly opinion.

Am glad SKSE team is going ahead though, which will be vital for future SSE Mods.

To be frank, is SkyUI really that difficult to replace?  I seem to recall early on there were several alternatives to UI but just faded because SkyUI was the most popular, which implies the technical hurdle is not super high.  Besides it's MCM that matters right?  Isn't that more a function of SKSE so it's really the SKSE64 team that will be doing the heavy lifting. 

Of the key mods the only one that might be difficult to replace is probably HDT physics whose author has yet to announce her intention. 

To be fair, the interface files themselves shouldn't be too hard to update. The major issue is that the important functions require SKSE to function so until SKSE64 is available nobody can actually update the files that require SKSE. I'd fully expect someone to update SkyUI for Schlangster at some point after SKSE64 is available and has the proper functions in it again.

I remember when the SkyUI guys said that Skyui 5.0 was a paid mods steam workshop exclusive.

The SkyUI team got burned terribly during the paid mod fiasco which is probably the main reason they don't want to do it anymore.

It was a lighting rod of what was wrong with Beth/Steam paid mod.  Most people use SkyUI because many other mods use MCM, however, MCM cannot exist without SKSE.  SKSE team was very adamant that SKSE remains free.  Many mods that use MCM also got angry that SkyUI turned their mods into effective pay-to-play.

I think somebody will probably port it over, and the original author said he was fine with that.

I don't see the big deal. I'm sure once SKSE comes out for SSE, there will be people working on porting SkyUI, or making a new one.

I'm more worried about what the new SKSE will be called. SKSE 2.0? SESKSE (Special Edition Skyrim Script Extender)? SKSESE (Skyrim Script Extender Special Edition)? SSKSE (Special Skyrim Script Extender)?  So many things it could be! Most of them are bad.

I think somebody will probably port it over, and the original author said he was fine with that.

I don't see the big deal. I'm sure once SKSE comes out for SSE, there will be people working on porting SkyUI, or making a new one.

I'm more worried about what the new SKSE will be called. SKSE 2.0? SESKSE (Special Edition Skyrim Script Extender)? SKSESE (Skyrim Script Extender Special Edition)? SSKSE (Special Skyrim Script Extender)?  So many things it could be! Most of them are bad.

Official name is SKSE64.

Considering how far along skse Devs are...

SKSE64FirstRun.jpg

They also said this...

Just to chime in on this. Re-implementing the hooks needed for SkyUI is my top priority for SKSE64. I am making progress with the fundamentals of SKSE64 - the loader, basic injection and GetSKSEVersion in the command console is implemented.

For SkyUI we need to decode the basic Form and Object classes and the inventory subsystem (which all should match SKSE proper). Then we need to decode the Scaleform classes and provide the hooks that SkyUI needs.

The source is from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5aov9l/skyui_will_almost_certainly_be_ported_to_skyrim/

Sorry for the shitty post, my phone hated me :D

Considering how far along skse Devs are...

http://skse.silverlock.org/SKSE64FirstRun.jpg%5B%5Cimage%5D"]http://skse.silverlock.org/SKSE64FirstRun.jpg

They also said this...

Just to chime in on this. Re-implementing the hooks needed for SkyUI is my top priority for SKSE64. I am making progress with the fundamentals of SKSE64 - the loader, basic injection and GetSKSEVersion in the command console is implemented.

For SkyUI we need to decode the basic Form and Object classes and the inventory subsystem (which all should match SKSE proper). Then we need to decode the Scaleform classes and provide the hooks that SkyUI needs.[\quote]

I just want to throw bags of money at those guys over on the SKSE team, shame they can't accept donations :(

Legends

Not that they can't, they don't want to accept donations because they do this stuff for a living already and do this out of their humbleness. Prime example as to why paid mods don't work. I doubt any of those individuals who are part of the script extender team would drop their current jobs and live off of paid mods. Paid mods was never meant to be a short cut to success.

You just might want to rephrase that and then a civilized discussion can occur on how you are so so wrong.

Someone already ported SkyUI , using it atm

That modder who spent his free time in order to create the most amazing UI overhaul for Skyrim did amazing job, but sadly lust for money kinda lowered his reputation in my eyes. Its not like I wouldn't exploit this too, but backslash was quite huge.

Businessman or not , that was the wrong move. Not to mention author of SkyUI hunts any ports of his mod. At best there will be someone who will create a successor to SkyUI.

Did anyone forget that he kept the whole new update with the new features back in the day ( paid mods fiasco ), if he did a patreon then things would go different. I would even throw a buck or two to support him, but now? Nah , I'd rather support a new person.

You just might want to rephrase that and then a civilized discussion can occur on how you are so so wrong.

That modder who spent his free time in order to create the most amazing UI overhaul for Skyrim did amazing job, but sadly lust for money kinda lowered his reputation in my eyes. Its not like I wouldn't exploit this too, but backslash was quite huge.

Businessman or not , that was the wrong move. Not to mention author of SkyUI hunts any ports of his mod. At best there will be someone who will create a successor to SkyUI.

Did anyone forget that he kept the whole new update with the new features back in the day ( paid mods fiasco ), if he did a patreon then things would go different. I would even throw a buck or two to support him, but now? Nah , I'd rather support a new person.

Somewhat better. So...

"Someone already ported SkyUI , using it atm"

probably not rocket science if you have the will and time.

"That modder who spent his free time in order to create the most amazing UI overhaul for Skyrim did amazing job, but sadly lust for money kinda lowered his reputation in my eyes. Its not like I wouldn't exploit this too, but backslash was quite huge."

Whether they want to capitalize on their efforts is nothing to do with you, and whether there was a 'backlash', or not, what does that matter? fucking new entitled millennials and their have it now fucking culture.

"Did anyone forget that he kept the whole new update with the new features back in the day ( paid mods fiasco ), if he did a patreon then things would go different. I would even throw a buck or two to support him, but now? Nah , I'd rather support a new person."

So what?

So when a mod author is essentially taking a mod hostage because they know pretty much everybody who doesn't want to suffer playing vanilla Skyrim needs it, you just know people will hate him for that, and you can hardly blame them. It's one thing to ask for donations and another to force people into it.

Somewhat better. So...

"Someone already ported SkyUI , using it atm"

probably not rocket science if you have the will and time.

"That modder who spent his free time in order to create the most amazing UI overhaul for Skyrim did amazing job, but sadly lust for money kinda lowered his reputation in my eyes. Its not like I wouldn't exploit this too, but backslash was quite huge."

Whether they want to capitalize on their efforts is nothing to do with you, and whether there was a 'backlash', or not, what does that matter? fucking new entitled millennials and their have it now fucking culture.

"Did anyone forget that he kept the whole new update with the new features back in the day ( paid mods fiasco ), if he did a patreon then things would go different. I would even throw a buck or two to support him, but now? Nah , I'd rather support a new person."

So what?

millennials...

millennials?!

Thanks.

Archived