12 hours ago, ousnius said:

And this is for Skyrim LE meshes? Can you reproduce it over and over on the same NIF? Can I have the NIF and the steps?

I went back to 4.3 so I can't reproduce it on my end anymore. It happened to me 5 times yesterday until I got frustrated and went digging for an older version of bodyslide.

Here's the original .obj file I imported from:

untitled.obj

Here's the first nif after exporting but before doing anything expect adding texture paths:

Two.nif

Here's what was exported after I edited vertices:

Two 2.nif

Here's what was exported after adding weights to see if that fixed the problem:

two2.nif

Steps were:

1) import from .obj.

2) add texture paths and export as .nif

3) start new project with UUNP reference and load the 1st .nif file

4) edit vertices to match reference

5) export as .nif

6) check .nif with nifskope before closing current project because this was attempt number infinity ;)

7) realize it did it again and rage at the ceiling.

8) try adding weights to see if that fixes the problem

9) export the .nif again

10) same thing but now it has weights. Still no geometry loading in outfit studio or nifskope.

11) decide to export my work as an .obj file instead so I can at least keep the geometry even if I'll lose all the texture paths. (which worked fine)

edited .obj file:

two.obj

Edit: One thing I should note. When importing a nif into bodyslide, it kept asking me if I wanted to optimize for Skyrim enhance edition. I always chose no. When I reverted to the earlier version of bodyslide and loaded the first .nif, it said that the .nif was not for skyrim and that I would need to export to .obj or .fbx and re-import the mesh from that.

Hi I am new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place... anyway i've searched around here and google for some good comprehensive tutorials and also read the guides on the wiki but I am still very confused about the whole bodyslide/outfit studio/hdt physics etc etc thing. If someone could point me in the direction of an up-to-date tutorial or give me some hints to make the following happen i would be eternally grateful!

what i would like to accomplish: take an existing cbbe outfit i have downloaded (fashion clothes http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1330.html) and 1) set it so that it 'fits' the preset i made in Bodyslide and 2) give this outfit HDT physics (there was a TBBP option but i did not like how that looked/prefer HDT)

i'm a filthy casual and struggling with this. BTW, i'm using MO if that changes anything 

9 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

I went back to 4.3 so I can't reproduce it on my end anymore. It happened to me 5 times yesterday until I got frustrated and went digging for an older version of bodyslide.

Here's the original .obj file I imported from:

untitled.obj

Here's the first nif after exporting but before doing anything expect adding texture paths:

Two.nif

Here's what was exported after I edited vertices:

Two 2.nif

Here's what was exported after adding weights to see if that fixed the problem:

two2.nif

Steps were:

1) import from .obj.

2) add texture paths and export as .nif

3) start new project with UUNP reference and load the 1st .nif file

4) edit vertices to match reference

5) export as .nif

6) check .nif with nifskope before closing current project because this was attempt number infinity ;)

7) realize it did it again and rage at the ceiling.

8) try adding weights to see if that fixes the problem

9) export the .nif again

10) same thing but now it has weights. Still no geometry loading in outfit studio or nifskope.

11) decide to export my work as an .obj file instead so I can at least keep the geometry even if I'll lose all the texture paths. (which worked fine)

edited .obj file:

two.obj

Edit: One thing I should note. When importing a nif into bodyslide, it kept asking me if I wanted to optimize for Skyrim enhance edition. I always chose no. When I reverted to the earlier version of bodyslide and loaded the first .nif, it said that the .nif was not for skyrim and that I would need to export to .obj or .fbx and re-import the mesh from that.

What the hell. It seems that the OBJ import for Skyrim LE produces SSE geometry data (BSTriShape instead of NiTriShape in the NIF). I'll look into the code.

EDIT: I didn't have any issues. You must have your program set to "Skyrim Special Edition" as the target game. That's wrong, you need to choose "Skyrim" in the settings. Do you have that selected?

16 hours ago, ousnius said:

What the hell. It seems that the OBJ import for Skyrim LE produces SSE geometry data (BSTriShape instead of NiTriShape in the NIF). I'll look into the code.

EDIT: I didn't have any issues. You must have your program set to "Skyrim Special Edition" as the target game. That's wrong, you need to choose "Skyrim" in the settings. Do you have that selected?

Well, I just went back to 4.4 and tried it again. I am officially an idiot. I set it up again only now 4.4 gives me the ".nif not optimized for skyrim. export as .obj and re-import" message too. Guess I must have had it set up wrong from the get-go. Does that mean that skyrim sse meshes drop geometry when exporting? Or is that because I kept clicking "no" when it asked me if I wanted to optimize for skyrim sse?

edit: Thanks for your quick replies, btw. You were really helpful.

12 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

Well, I just went back to 4.4 and tried it again. I am officially an idiot. I set it up again only now 4.4 gives me the ".nif not optimized for skyrim. export as .obj and re-import" message too. Guess I must have had it set up wrong from the get-go. Does that mean that skyrim sse meshes drop geometry when exporting? Or is that because I kept clicking "no" when it asked me if I wanted to optimize for skyrim sse?

edit: Thanks for your quick replies, btw. You were really helpful.

I'm not sure why it would give those warnings to you. I think there's a major misunderstanding here.

Are you sure you chose "Skyrim" and not "Skyrim Special Edition" when first launching the program?

Are you sure that ALL .nif files you load are for the OLD Skyrim, and not SSE? This includes bodies or references.

You can't mix and match Oldrim and SSE NIFs or your project will be for the wrong version.

9 hours ago, ousnius said:

I'm not sure why it would give those warnings to you. I think there's a major misunderstanding here.

Are you sure you chose "Skyrim" and not "Skyrim Special Edition" when first launching the program?

Are you sure that ALL .nif files you load are for the OLD Skyrim, and not SSE? This includes bodies or references.

You can't mix and match Oldrim and SSE NIFs or your project will be for the wrong version.

To be clear:

When I first upgraded to 4.4, i'm pretty sure i did as you said and chose SSE by mistake. But since I wasn't using the outfits in-game, and was only editing them in bodyslide, I'm still not sure what would cause the geometry to disappear, unless it has to do with me choosing "no" when it asked me if I wanted to optimize for SSE.

When I went back to 4.3, and made sure I was choosing regular old skyrim, it then gave me the error message that my .nifs were not optimized for the current game and told me to export to .obj and re-import.

When I then upgraded back to 4.4 and made sure I chose Oldrim, it also gave me the same error messages when I loaded .nifs I made with my original attempt to use 4.4, but all .nif's I made when I downgraded to 4.3 worked fine, and the disappearing geometry weirdness hasn't happened again.

I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with .nifs made with SSE chosen as the main game, but possibly only when you choose the option not to optimize for SSE.

One thing I should note: when I originally installed 4.4 (and almost certainly chose SSE as the main game), none of the .nifs I saved included a reference body. When I did choose to include the reference when exporting the .nif, the reference body was saved correctly, but the geometry for the outfit disappeared.

As I've said, now that I've gone back to 4.4 everything is working correctly. 

Technical question regarding tri-files / racemenu morphs:

As Trapped in Rubber uses CBBE files, I replaced the meshes with UUNP ones, generated from DCUR/DDX4 (incl. the tri-file). The mesh now fits my UUNP-body but the racemenu-morphs do not work (MME breastscaling via SLIF), while they do on other armors and such.

So what am I missing :smiley:

18 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

To be clear:

When I first upgraded to 4.4, i'm pretty sure i did as you said and chose SSE by mistake. But since I wasn't using the outfits in-game, and was only editing them in bodyslide, I'm still not sure what would cause the geometry to disappear, unless it has to do with me choosing "no" when it asked me if I wanted to optimize for SSE.

When I went back to 4.3, and made sure I was choosing regular old skyrim, it then gave me the error message that my .nifs were not optimized for the current game and told me to export to .obj and re-import.

When I then upgraded back to 4.4 and made sure I chose Oldrim, it also gave me the same error messages when I loaded .nifs I made with my original attempt to use 4.4, but all .nif's I made when I downgraded to 4.3 worked fine, and the disappearing geometry weirdness hasn't happened again.

I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with .nifs made with SSE chosen as the main game, but possibly only when you choose the option not to optimize for SSE.

One thing I should note: when I originally installed 4.4 (and almost certainly chose SSE as the main game), none of the .nifs I saved included a reference body. When I did choose to include the reference when exporting the .nif, the reference body was saved correctly, but the geometry for the outfit disappeared.

As I've said, now that I've gone back to 4.4 everything is working correctly. 

That's obvious, though. Any NIF you made while your target game was SSE can go to the bin, those won't work in Oldrim anymore, no matter the target game setting.

Just wanted to ask, since I may be a bit confused about how to go about this. I downloaded a slider bsd file and managed to add it for use in BodySlide and Outfit Studio, but there are some jaggedness issues with the slider shape that I'd like to fix. How do I go about updating the slider data to morph to the newly edited shape?

9 hours ago, danime91 said:

Just wanted to ask, since I may be a bit confused about how to go about this. I downloaded a slider bsd file and managed to add it for use in BodySlide and Outfit Studio, but there are some jaggedness issues with the slider shape that I'd like to fix. How do I go about updating the slider data to morph to the newly edited shape?

You can edit the slider in OS, or you export it to an OBJ file and edit it in other 3D software.

1 hour ago, ousnius said:

You can edit the slider in OS, or you export it to an OBJ file and edit it in other 3D software.

I can edit it just fine in OS, I'm actually wondering how I'm supposed to save it after making the changes so that the bsd or whatever is updated.

56 minutes ago, danime91 said:

I can edit it just fine in OS, I'm actually wondering how I'm supposed to save it after making the changes so that the bsd or whatever is updated.

If you want to save just the edited slider by itself as a file, you can export the BSD again (select shape, edit slider, choose "Slider -> Export"). If you want it to stay in the body or outfit, save your changes as a project ("File -> Save Project As").

I have a problem (again ... yeah, the problem is probably me) ... I have an outfit (cobbled it together from different sources in outfit studio) and it works. Now I'd like to add a piece. It's a "corset face piercing", but I do not want it on the head, I want it as part of the outfit on the body - further down, around navel area. I move it, set the partition to "32_SPB_32 Body".

It appears in the correct place in the Outfit studio and in Nifscope.

In-Game however, it is floating around near the back of the character, sometimes out of the body, sometimes within the body, depending on character movement. It seems as if it is not "anchored" to the outfit/body mesh? Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, Roachboy said:

I have a problem (again ... yeah, the problem is probably me) ... I have an outfit (cobbled it together from different sources in outfit studio) and it works. Now I'd like to add a piece. It's a "corset face piercing", but I do not want it on the head, I want it as part of the outfit on the body - further down, around navel area. I move it, set the partition to "32_SPB_32 Body".

It appears in the correct place in the Outfit studio and in Nifscope.

In-Game however, it is floating around near the back of the character, sometimes out of the body, sometimes within the body, depending on character movement. It seems as if it is not "anchored" to the outfit/body mesh? Any ideas?

If you move a mesh to a totally different place, you also have to delete its weights and copy the correct bone weights again.

Hey there. I've got an issue with a project I'm fiddling with for my own Oldrim game. I'm taking some of the Bikini Armors and making them into vanilla replacers, relatively easy thing to do. Allegedly. I'm doing something wrong, though, and I can't put my finger on what. 

So, I created the armors I want, no problem. Made sure that all the pieces work with UUNP stuff, all the sliders function right, etc... Looks perfect in Outfit Studio. 

Spoiler

SrRAJan.png

So, I open it up in BodySlide (the latest version) and preview it, check to make sure all the sliders work (they do), and everything looks good. 

Spoiler

7unnV8p.png

No problems there. So, I build the armor with the .tri file, make sure it's exporting to the right directory and so on. No issues there, either. Then I equip it in game...

Spoiler

yR06im4.png

... and only the chest piece has been built. It's this way for every one of the Bikini Armor vanilla replacers I've built, so it's not just an isolated screw up.

So, I imagine I've done something wrong when I put all the pieces on in Outfit Studio or something. There's no zap sliders on the armors or anything. But it's close to 3 in the morning and I'm burnt out and can't think straight anymore, so I'm throwing this out to the BS/OS experts out there to tell me how dumb I am. I've probably missed something very basic. Anyone have any ideas what and can clue me in?

EDIT:

OK, in the clear light of a new day I've figured out what I was forgetting, Partitions. Apparently, like a dumb ass, when I brought all of the pieces into Outfit Studio, I forgot to assign them all to the Body slot 32. So, for anyone else who may have a similar problem...

Spoiler

FGNTQ7M.png

Open your armor in Outfit Studio, select a mesh then click the Partitions tab. In the Type pull down, choose 32 Body for the slot, then hit Apply. Do that for every mesh you want to show up on your armor for the Body slot, then save the Project. Easy peasy... so long as you remember to do it.

Looks great now.

Spoiler

NAbmSgQ.png

Soooo, back to OS for me to change all the Partitions for all the Bikini Armors I welded together... You all lost your opportunity to make me feel stupid by pointing out what I forgot. Nyah.

So apparently Outfit Studio can import an .obj file and, given the proper transfer of weights from a reference, will "Skin" the file when exported to .nif creating the proper BSDismemberInstance node. Several members have reported being able to do this using earlier versions than the 4.4.1 I have, but I have had no luck and have tried several methods. Finally I just tested the simple idea. Taking a single outfit (Caliente's vanilla blacksmith) I exported it as an object file. I then imported the new object file back into OS (both through "Load outfit" and also tested through "file/import/obj..."). I then imported the original .nif file (blacksmith), set it as reference, copied the bones onto the new outfit and then exported the new as .nif (testing both export through "shape/export/nif..." and "File/Export/Nif..."). No weight error appeared. Re-importing the new .nif, I can detect that the bones were assigned. The outfit is invisible in Nifskope 2 and 1.2. Equip in game and it causes CTD.

22 minutes ago, oldrayzor said:

So apparently Outfit Studio can import an .obj file and, given the proper transfer of weights from a reference, will "Skin" the file when exported to .nif creating the proper BSDismemberInstance node. Several members have reported being able to do this using earlier versions than the 4.4.1 I have, but I have had no luck and have tried several methods. Finally I just tested the simple idea. Taking a single outfit (Caliente's vanilla blacksmith) I exported it as an object file. I then imported the new object file back into OS (both through "Load outfit" and also tested through "file/import/obj..."). I then imported the original .nif file (blacksmith), set it as reference, copied the bones onto the new outfit and then exported the new as .nif (testing both export through "shape/export/nif..." and "File/Export/Nif..."). No weight error appeared. Re-importing the new .nif, I can detect that the bones were assigned. The outfit is invisible in Nifskope 2 and 1.2. Equip in game and it causes CTD.

Is your program correctly set to Skyrim (instead of Skyrim Special Edition)? Did you at any point load an SSE NIF?

I had something similar reported once, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't reproduce it.

What you said sounds like what happens when you have an SSE NIF but forget to assign any partitions in the partitions tab of OS.

But that situation shouldn't exist for Oldrim NIFs.

2 hours ago, ousnius said:

Is your program correctly set to Skyrim (instead of Skyrim Special Edition)? Did you at any point load an SSE NIF?

I had something similar reported once, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't reproduce it.

What you said sounds like what happens when you have an SSE NIF but forget to assign any partitions in the partitions tab of OS.

But that situation shouldn't exist for Oldrim NIFs.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the target game setting is Skyrim, not SE (wasn't even aware of the setting until just now). The outfits I have tested are all old Skyrim. I don't recall opening any SE outfits. Perhaps, but I have reinstalled Bodyslide many times.

@ousnius  FMI (for my info) - Are you the creator of Bodyslide? I ask only because I have worked almost exclusively for a month in this application and don't believe I've seen anything as elegant in it's design. Just wish to say thank you.

19 hours ago, oldrayzor said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the target game setting is Skyrim, not SE (wasn't even aware of the setting until just now). The outfits I have tested are all old Skyrim. I don't recall opening any SE outfits. Perhaps, but I have reinstalled Bodyslide many times.

@ousnius  FMI (for my info) - Are you the creator of Bodyslide? I ask only because I have worked almost exclusively for a month in this application and don't believe I've seen anything as elegant in it's design. Just wish to say thank you.

Can you send me one of the NIFs that are invisible to you in NifSkope, and the OBJ you used to create it?

8 hours ago, ousnius said:

Can you send me one of the NIFs that are invisible to you in NifSkope, and the OBJ you used to create it?

Sure. Note, I did remove the baseshape figure from the original before exporting the object file.

Outfit.obj

NewOutfit.nif

UPDATE: Wait, looking at the original outfit I see that not all the partitions have carried over. I must confess, I am not sure why or how that is done.

original.nif

13 hours ago, oldrayzor said:

Sure. Note, I did remove the baseshape figure from the original before exporting the object file.

Outfit.obj

NewOutfit.nif

UPDATE: Wait, looking at the original outfit I see that not all the partitions have carried over. I must confess, I am not sure why or how that is done.

original.nif

I finally found the bug - when you import an OBJ for Skyrim or earlier, it didn't generate a correct default partition because of a missing link between NiTriShape and NiTriShapeData. It's fixed for the next version.

5 hours ago, ousnius said:

I finally found the bug - when you import an OBJ for Skyrim or earlier, it didn't generate a correct default partition because of a missing link between NiTriShape and NiTriShapeData. It's fixed for the next version.

Thanks for taking a look. I will keep an eye for the next update. Greatly appreciated.

Hi ousnius

Is there a script (or a combination of them) from racemenuuunp that gets all the bodyslide morph values from a target npc and apply them to a target npc?

I am trying to tweak blabla's breast randomization script from paradise halls that happens to npcs you capture (it creates a clone and it seems either blabla's script or bodygen are reapplying to the clone and giving it a different bodyshape)

In racemenuuunp i see a getbodymorph and addbodymorph function im wondering if there is a way to create a clean code that gets all the bodymorphs (morphs [m] and fullbody[m]) perhaps?

Below are the sourcefiles relevant to what im talking about.

RPNodes.psc

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.psc