[SSE] ModOrganizer 2 - now with Dev's

Akzyra

How to Mod Organize Skyim Special Edition

MO2 is being maintained by others. See this Nexus 'mod'.

Report bugs with the issue tracker.

MO2 by LePresidente:
Version: 2.0.8 | Beta4
Download: Nexus or GitHub

A updated MO2 with SSE support.
I can't test it, no time for gaming :|
When I have some feedback, I will write something her

Other Tweaks and Tricks:

LOOT:

Version 10 is out: GitHub DL. I haven't tested it yet.

Old Stuff:

Plugin by Archost:
Version: 0.1.4a
Download: NexusMods
As most of there are unfixable in the plugin and are code of MO2,
he is planing on maintaining MO2for SSE.
Not sure, no news from them.

Workarounds:
[✓] Downloads not working:

Download manually into the download folder of MO, then rightclick => "Query Info"

Nexus NMM server are still down sometimes, weekend evenings are horror.

[✓] "Visit on Nexus" broken:

Use my UserScript. It redirects from the wrong nexus site to the right one. How to use?

Blame Nexus for using "skyrimse" for NMM links, but  "skyrimspecialedition" as Site URL.

[✗] Save Virtualization + Config Virtualization:

Ok report:

MO2 Beta 3 portable, with LOOT  0.9.2-158-gd47b9f0_dev

Windows 10 64 bits, an I7 4790k, 6GB ram and a GTX 550 TI.

Skyrim version 1.1.51 beta

post-193318-0-16053300-1478381058_thumb.jpg

[✓] Can't add as new Game when first starting MO / for new Instance:
          - True

- Never had a problem, after I copied the plugin MO2 recognised automatically SSE folder.

post-193318-0-42337000-1478380956_thumb.jpg

[✓] Downloads not working:

Confirmed, I had to manually download the mod, query info didn't work for me, no big deal. I just manually type the mod data.

post-193318-0-63216400-1478380972_thumb.jpg

[✓] "Visit on Nexus" broken:

Using Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch as example:

post-193318-0-15765600-1478381066_thumb.jpg

Without Tampermonkey "Visit on Nexus" redirect to http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimse/mods/266/

post-193318-0-22981700-1478381037_thumb.jpg

With Tampermonkey active redirect well, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266/

post-193318-0-22551600-1478381050_thumb.jpg

[✗] Save Virtualization + Config Virtualization:

Exactly, it loads from "My document"

Ok, everything is ready for me, SSEdit is also working and LOOT handle my files in the right way, I just had to set the correct path to the binaries and Voalá, all work perfectly.

I'm a little sad for the not being able to select the bsa files, I just hope somebody take the torch and "fix that"

No, I mean to manage bsa files the way old mod organizer did. With the previous version you were able to untick an .esp but keeping the .bsa, Tannin remove that function in MO2  :-/

By the way, I was able to run LOOT (dev version), Wrye Bash (SE),  SSEEdit, Bodyslide Studio and FNIS 7.0 without any problem.

post-193318-0-43803600-1478407826_thumb.jpg

post-193318-0-92657900-1478407843_thumb.jpg

33 plugins and 0 conflict. I'm eager to test MO2 when SKSE64 and ¿MCM, Skyui or any similar mod? arrive.

Uhh question: I have been MO using since before this Plugin came out with this little workaround from reddit, do i even need this plugin or can i just continue as usual?

Not sure, but if what you have works, why change it?!

Thanks for the report! Does your last comment about not being able to select the BSA files mean that MO2 does not unpack BSAs like MO does?

No, I mean to manage bsa files the way old mod organizer did. With the previous version you were able to untick an .esp but keeping the .bsa, Tannin remove that function in MO2 :-/

33 plugins and 0 conflict. I'm eager to test MO2 when SKSE64 and ¿MCM, Skyui or any similar mod? arrive.

Yes, the BSA plugin for MO2 doesn't exists. Maybe we will get it back.

If not, I may look into an easy way to extract BSA files. Probably with right-clicking > Extract , like 7zip/WinRar

I started 3 chars (4 if you count one vanilla) already and never got further than getting the Dragonstone.

New mods pop up or get updates, loadorder grows and grows... :D Almost 150 plugins.

Currently I am running quite the frankenstein's UI: QD Inventory SSE, SkyUI 2.2 with removed warning and Categorized Favorites.

________

Sadly no real updates on MO2 or plugins.

Archost is working on it, but from reading the comments it is more like a complete update of MO2 (which is very nice, hopefully he has sucess with resolving the mess the MO2 source is).

It is needed to fix bugs like the broken "Visit on Nexus" link.

Forgive my noobness.  I don't get it.  Nexus SE won't download in MO2. I get an error saying No application registered to handle this game. What am I supposed to do with the .dll? (Something about right clicking and query?)  I placed the .dll in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\downloads.  However, it doesn't show in MO2 download section. I do have the script installed in Chrome.

Forgive my noobness.  I don't get it.  Nexus SE won't download in MO2. I get an error saying No application registered to handle this game. What am I supposed to do with the .dll? (Something about right clicking and query?)  I placed the .dll in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\downloads.  However, it doesn't show in MO2 download section. I do have the script installed in Chrome.

Ya have to dl manually, then place the file in download folder, then right click and select "query info" the file in the download tab of MO.

Also OP, thanks for the redirect script!

I'm sharing my categories.dat which permit to autocategorize nexus mods when query info is used. I have also put in it those categories:

2000|LoversLab's Files|0|0
2010|Adult Mods|0|2000
2020|Regular Mods|0|2000
3000|Other Website|0|0
4000|Unofficial adaptation to Special Edition|0|0

I cant get loot to see my mods.    I can run bodyslide and FNIS through Mod Organizer 2 with no issues but loot will not see my mods.   If I start Skyrim SE all the mods are there but loot only shows main files and DLC.   Running windows 10 and Loot/SSE/ModOrganizer2 are all installed on their own drive outside of "programs" and I am running Loot in MO2 just to get those out of the way.   Any ideas?

I cant get loot to see my mods.    I can run bodyslide and FNIS through Mod Organizer 2 with no issues but loot will not see my mods.   If I start Skyrim SE all the mods are there but loot only shows main files and DLC.   Running windows 10 and Loot/SSE/ModOrganizer2 are all installed on their own drive outside of "programs" and I am running Loot in MO2 just to get those out of the way.   Any ideas?

That happen after each update, you need to start SE normally via the normal launcher (not throught MO).

It's because the registry value need to be registered again after an update.

Uhh question: I have been MO using since before this Plugin came out with this little workaround from reddit, do i even need this plugin or can i just continue as usual? 

The plugin doesnt do much other than add SSE to the list of available games to set for MO.

IF you are going to use fnis, and are currently have a dummy tesv.exe and skyrimlauncher.exe in the special edition folder, fnis will see those first and launch the 32 bit version of itself, breaking animations and generally doing some funny stuff. This happened to me, so I just grabbed the plugin, redirected my executables, deleted the dummies, and everything was back up to snuff.

Now, if you aren't using FNIS for a bunch of stuff, don't fix what isn't broken.

That happen after each update, you need to start SE normally via the normal launcher (not throught MO).

It's because the registry value need to be registered again after an update.

Tried that... no go :(

The plugin doesnt do much other than add SSE to the list of available games to set for MO.

IF you are going to use fnis, and are currently have a dummy tesv.exe and skyrimlauncher.exe in the special edition folder, fnis will see those first and launch the 32 bit version of itself, breaking animations and generally doing some funny stuff. This happened to me, so I just grabbed the plugin, redirected my executables, deleted the dummies, and everything was back up to snuff.

Now, if you aren't using FNIS for a bunch of stuff, don't fix what isn't broken.

How did you redirect your executeables? 

Just a kudos post for you, Akzyra, for your post, and to Archost for creating the plugin.  I spent the last few weeks mucking around with NMM and I must say it was absolutely glorious to wipe my previous SSE install and start fresh with MO2.  All of my texture glitches disappeared and now I can insert and remove mods without messing up my whole install.  Even though I get periodic crashes from using SSEEdit/FNIS and even the new LOOT once in a while, the restarts are totally worth the final gameplay fluidity.

To the plugin author: Do you want us to report any crashes somewhere?  Are there logs and/or outputs that would help you clean this up further?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the above. I actually got my MO2 v 2.06 working fine for most of modding except for one part: when a mod has a FOMOD. Most of the time they generate: errorcode1 Wrong Game.

Does anyone know of a workaround on this? My research shows it might originate from the NCC folder in MO2 - missing some crucial NMM information.

In hope and thanks.

UPDATE  please ignore this. Now working OK. Just setting the plugin settings to true for FOMODs fixed it.

Same problem here, any advice, other than run SkyrimSE form laucher?  :s

Testing only, but this nice guy released his Beta 4 - v2.0.8b

I will not test it, no time for gaming.

Oh and while it says for testing only, that was the same with Tannin. As always, use at your own risk and responsibility.

Direct downloads from Nexus now work, and view on nexus works without the browser script workarounds.  It also seems to run fine without the exe workarounds now.  I'm not sure if he did anything else, but it definitely seems worth the update.

It works, a bit glitchy, but it works.

I find restarting MO 2.0.8 after running FNIS or LOOT etc to be the best option, trying to run all the externals one after another when building a profile tends to cause it to crash, so a little extra patience is required.

But it's worth it just to have vfs again.

Archived