Simple Batch Conversion - Skyrim to Skyrim SE HKX

Netherworks

Okaey... So, completely noob here. I don't know what I am doing wrong installing the framework. But, when I do, my game is kinda broken? All characters, player, npcs are static with no animation, movement etc. I can move around my character, but only floating around. Funny though, the animals are working fine. 

I've installed required stuff, FNIS, XP32 Skeleton, SKSE etc and generated the animations, which FNIS does with no problems showing me the numbers of animations and behaviors generated. But once in the game, everything is static. Can anyone help me out, what I am doing wrong? 

• 5 months later...

I found that I had to enclose some of the %%v terms in double quotes to get the batch code to work.  I'm not a DOS batch guru, and I'm not sure why that is.   I'm on Windows 10.  Does that matter?

Anyway, it seems to work as intended now.  Here is my edited version of your code:

REM This file will batch process any hkx files dropped in this folder from 32 to 64 bit

MD _convert

for %%v in (*.hkx) do (
      echo Working on "%%v"

HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 "%%v" "_convert\%%v"

DEL "%%v"
      MOVE "_convert\%%v" "%%v"

)

RD _convert

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2016 at 1:21 AM, Netherworks said:

Using the havok conversion tool provided with the CK, I was able to convert all of my old Skyrim female walks and idles to Skyrim SE.  Also able to convert skeleton_female.hkx, though I don't think it's having any real effect there.

The tool is in Your Skyrim Special Edition directory under Tools, HavokBehaviorPostProcess.

I wrote a batch file for converting Skyrim 32 hkx files to 64 bit.  It's very simple, DOS batch files aren't my forte.

- Unzip "convert_HKX.zip" to the same folder as the tool (HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe) as mentioned above.

- Drop any hkx files you want to convert into the HavokBehaviorPostProcess folder.  For example, all your female idles.

- Double-click "convert_HKX.bat"

- That's it.  Converted. You should notice all the file sizes are slightly larger.  Copy over to Skyrim SE and duplicate the same folder structure you had in Skyrim.

Feel free to re-write the bat file more eloquently than I did.

I figured that for now, at least we can convert modified idles and walks.

convert_HKX.zip

I love you. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

I'm having trouble getting this to work.

I put the .bat file in the same folder as HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe (also removed the sample .bat file that came with HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe), put the .hkx files I want converted in the same folder and double click the .bat file.
A console window opens and closes fast, but my animation files remain unchanged (no changes in size or date modified). I also tried to move the .bat and .exe in the animations folder and change the animations there, but with no luck. I also tried adjusting the .bat code with sophievongotha's changes a few posts above, but again no luck.

I don't know what I am doing wrong :/
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Might be worth noting that these .hkx files are replacers for standard walking/running/sneaking/etc. animations so they shouldn't need FNIS.

I have two ideas for you:

1) Maybe you are having a permissions problem.  So make a folder on your desktop, and put my bat code, the exe, and one of the hkx files in there.  Then try to run the bat, and see if something like a date change happens.  This is probably not the problem, but easy to do, so worth trying.

2)  If the above doesn't work, try adding a PAUSE statement to the end of my bat file.  Then run it again.  Maybe an error message is popping up, and the console is going away too fast for you to see it.  The PAUSE statement will keep the console up there till you press a key.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ok, so i've tried converting through the method on the nexus page and now here. But no matter what i do the mods i found here in the SE Compilation Thread don't seem to want to convert. This is the only error I'm getting:

Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...     ChAnims:590     CTD:3.6%     pOpt:0.9%
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_GetStripped_Behavior.hkx n

And I've converted all of them, or at least tried to. Maybe I should take the Behavior hlx file and try to convert that? Reinstalling FINIS doesn't seem to fix it either.

Archived