Simple Batch Conversion - Skyrim to Skyrim SE HKX

Netherworks

Using the havok conversion tool provided with the CK, I was able to convert all of my old Skyrim female walks and idles to Skyrim SE.  Also able to convert skeleton_female.hkx, though I don't think it's having any real effect there.

The tool is in Your Skyrim Special Edition directory under Tools, HavokBehaviorPostProcess.

I wrote a batch file for converting Skyrim 32 hkx files to 64 bit.  It's very simple, DOS batch files aren't my forte.

- Unzip "convert_HKX.zip" to the same folder as the tool (HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe) as mentioned above.

- Drop any hkx files you want to convert into the HavokBehaviorPostProcess folder.  For example, all your female idles.

- Double-click "convert_HKX.bat"

- That's it.  Converted. You should notice all the file sizes are slightly larger.  Copy over to Skyrim SE and duplicate the same folder structure you had in Skyrim.

Feel free to re-write the bat file more eloquently than I did.

I figured that for now, at least we can convert modified idles and walks.

convert_HKX.zip

You're saying...the skeleton with BBP will work with this batch?

Yeah TBBP works, converted my TBBP hkx to SSE also like this in XPMSE, but keep in mind some animation files made with T\BBP features are really crappy made. There was a reason everyone switched as quickly to HDT PE as soon as it was usable.

Yeah TBBP works, converted my TBBP hkx to SSE also like this in XPMSE, but keep in mind some animation files made with T\BBP features are really crappy made. There was a reason everyone switched as quickly to HDT PE as soon as it was usable.

Fuck...my whole skyrim folder got deleted, I had like 300+ mods in the old Skyrim folder. I really want HDT badly.... :( and that requires SKSE... Hopefully they make it work with older SKSE mods...?

Did you delete your mods or are you saying the batch file deleted them?

Lol, no....while deleting Skyrim Creation Kit from Steam, that automatically also deleted my whole skyrim folder... *sighs* But oh well...I still got Skyrim Special Edition. :D

what about converting a 32 bit mesh into the 64 bit mesh? There tends to be missing meshes when it gets into SSE

There are no 64 bit meshes, meshes are the same. Only thing changed for meshes is the version number of the nif from 83 to 100, SSE still reads the 83 ones. So most meshes from SK are compatible with SSE.

LOL, I can't even remember how to go back at this point.

So, you'd get something like "The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce", convert the animations and then install specially a tbbp skeleton because HDT won't cut it... Then it's batch rebuilding all the clothing with bodyslide, right?

So, you'd get something like "The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce", convert the animations and then install specially a tbbp skeleton because HDT won't cut it... Then it's batch rebuilding all the clothing with bodyslide, right?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988/?

Here is the TBBP skeleton + skeleton rig map for TBBP. Keep in mind there is currently no skeleton arm fix because no FNIS. And some animations are made with screwed up rigs and skeletons, so some animations need to be fixed to work correctly.

Your bat file is extremly handy for converting all the animation mods, was sitting like 2 hours converting animations one by one for testing purposes, why bethesda didn't make a batch mode like in the papyrus compiler...

BBP, TBBP, HDT (just the ones that are labeld HDT because they have Breast, Butt and Belly Physics) could be used out of the box with BBP\TBBP animations, and ous is releasing OS for SSE so you could add stuff to outfits.

what about converting a 32 bit mesh into the 64 bit mesh? There tends to be missing meshes when it gets into SSE

There are no 64 bit meshes, meshes are the same. Only thing changed for meshes is the version number of the nif from 83 to 100, SSE still reads the 83 ones. So most meshes from SK are compatible with SSE.

The mesh format NiTriStrips does not work in SSE as far as i know, converting them into the new SSE format could help. or even convert them into the other supported format NiTriShapes

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988/?

Here is the TBBP skeleton + skeleton rig map for TBBP. Keep in mind there is currently no skeleton arm fix because no FNIS. And some animations are made with screwed up rigs and skeletons, so some animations need to be fixed to work correctly.

Your bat file is extremly handy for converting all the animation mods, was sitting like 2 hours converting animations one by one for testing purposes, why bethesda didn't make a batch mode like in the papyrus compiler...

BBP, TBBP, HDT (just the ones that are labeld HDT because they have Breast, Butt and Belly Physics) could be used out of the box with BBP\TBBP animations, and ous is releasing OS for SSE so you could add stuff to outfits.

Thanks, muchly appreciated.

You're welcome on the batch.  I'm sure someone can do it up a lot nicer and they are more than welcome to.  I'm more of a python programmer and usually I work inside programs that are python capable (Poser, Blender, Maya).  The DOS stuff is fairly limited.

Agreed on being puzzled on why Bethesda didn't make it more robust or allow you to drag-drop a folder on the exe.

This is amazing! Kudos to OP.

I converted the superb Victoria BBP animations using this tool. With the new XPMSSE, plus oldschool Skyrim CBBE and Remodeled HDT outfits my character now walks and runs with BBP!!!

However some female NPCs still use the male walk/run animations (Lydia, Jenassa), while other female NPCs use the new Victoria animation.

Worse, no female NPCs have BBP movement -- only my character. What am I missing?

That's only true for the skeleton you updated. Meshes have a ton of changes in SSE, they're COMPLETELY different than both Skyrim and FO4, not only the version number.

But yes, 99% of old ones work in the updated engine as well.

What this batch script does will probably be what the new FNIS will do, along with creating a new behavior.

Sorry for the language, English is not my language, I am using a translator.
With your tool, I tested in AP and worked in SSE

Worked with this version:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10748/?

WOOOA dude!! thats great :o!!! it will work with eager npcs?? i dont tink so right? because the sexlab framework

No it doesn't, but at the same time AP doesn't work properly in SSE after installing it I started getting crashes going into any crafting station. I tested it and can confirm beyond doubt that it's AP that causes the crash. I get no crash when I have it uninstalled. In my opinion it'd be better to wait on AP unless/until it gets a proper port just to be safe

WOOOA dude!! thats great :o!!! it will work with eager npcs?? i dont tink so right? because the sexlab framework

No it doesn't, but at the same time AP doesn't work properly in SSE after installing it I started getting crashes going into any crafting station. I tested it and can confirm beyond doubt that it's AP that causes the crash. I get no crash when I have it uninstalled. In my opinion it'd be better to wait on AP unless/until it gets a proper port just to be safe

Just out of curiosity, did you stick with the normal .esp, or did you try the Dev.esp in the Docs folder?

I tested the crafting stations in qasmoke with AP and did not have CTD
Maybe AP has Bug random?

I tested the crafting stations in qasmoke with AP and did not have CTD
Maybe AP has Bug random?

Gonna test using the dev esp. It's probable that the esm has irreconcilable errors with SSE

Archived