Skyrim SE Base Mods

Dtech

I'm making this thread for people interested in playing through the "vanilla" experience while bringing out the most visually from the SE engine with my picks out of the 700 mods that flooded the nexus this week, hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules.

I found when first loading up SE that the new engine and effects were very pretty but the textures being so cheaply upscaled made the world look like a very pretty but cheap toy world, these mods fix that and make you truly appreciate the potential of this updated engine and has actually made it quite hard for me to return to my highly modded ENB wrapped 32 engine despite my deep love and appreciation for jiggling breasts, something I thought would be impossible.

World:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE - SE version out now link

Vivid Weathers Special Edition - One of my favorite mods of all time, all your weather and visual needs, now for SE link

Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin - SE version out now link

Gecko's 4K Mountain Textures - Replaces the pretend 4k mountain textures with non-upscaled, genuine 4k counter parts and demonstrates perfectly why upscaling something to 4k isn't 4k link

Nordic Snow (aka HQ Snow Texture) - same mod as before but still looks much better and takes advantage of the new snow shaders link

Textures:

Y.A.L.O SE Yet Another Landscape Overhaul for Skyrim SE - 4K texture goodness for SE link

SSE Texture Pack - Osmodius - A very nice 2k texture pack covering everything bar the DLC's which are currently being worked on link

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - Does everything it did before, just as needed in SE as it was in the original link

Lighting:

Realistic Lighting Overhaul SSE - This requires a manual download and install of the main file and the update but is very simple to copy across, while this is considered beta testing at the moment my testing has found no issues link

Sound:

Immersive Sounds - Compendium - Replaces the terrible vanilla sounds as before and adds a bucket load more effects to the game, a must have in my opinion link

UI:

SKYUI version 2.2 will give you the old inventory system you are used to without having SKSE, you will get SKSE related error messages unless you seek out the specifically ported version that removes the message spam, when I last looked into it there was some controversy regarding the morality of the ports existence, so finding it is on you.

Body/Armors/Hair: Check this thread for old body/armor/hair compatibility. 

BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius can be found here with the new CBBE bodies coming soon, check this thread for updates.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE by Groovtama is back and supporting TBBP bringing the old jiggles back to skyrim link

KS Hairdos Lite SE  - Same as before ported for SE link

ApachiiSkyHair SSE - Same as before ported for SE link

TBBP Boob physics guide:

To bring the preHDT bounce and jiggles back to your game while we wait for SKSE64 you will need to grab Groovtama's SE TBBP skeleton from here, I myself use UNP so I got this older UNP TBBP body from here then you want to grab your animations from here. Install the skeleton then the UNP/CBBE body and then install your animations. You then want to open 2 folders - 1st "Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess" 2nd "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female"

Now go to this thread here and download Trythanes very helpful tool and place it in the HavokBehaviorPostProcess folder, now drop all the hkx files from the animations\female folder into the Havok folder and run the "Convert_HKX.bat" and it will make all the hkx files SE compatible, now drop the hkx files back into the animations\female folder and you are done.

Now you just need to go into bodyslide and set a HDT body and now your boobs will jiggle as well as any custom physics enabled armor sets you have downloaded, should the jiggles not be working it is most likely the UNP/CBBE body you downloaded not being TBBP.

Please share any world enhancing mods you come across, I hope these mods help you appreciate the new engine as they did for me.

Handy tip for LOOT users:

LOOT still - At the moment - 01/11/16) does not recognize SSE. But you can help it to do so...

Start LOOT, got to the settings menu (under the triple ellipsis at the right of the Menu bar) and find the Skyrim related line.

Track the Skyrim path to: "...common/Skyrim/" and replace "/common/Skyrim/" with "/common/Skyrim Special Edition/"

Save and restart LOOT                                         (Note: IMPORTANT to RESTART LOOT).

LOOT will now sort Skyrim Special eEdition. It may not work 100% accurately , but it will be better than guesswork.

To change it back, just remove the words "Special Edition+ by the same process, and LOOT will revert to Standard 2011 Skyrim sorting.

HTH.

Newest LOOT can be downloaded here: Click "Files", then click "Updated" to list newest at the top.

Be careful to get the right version, files ending in tar.xz are NOT for Windows, they're only for Linux.

EDIT:

You should also stick to builds ending in Dev.7z as the others are versions for testing the code.

You have your work cut out for you, keeping up with releases. Already 30 pages of mods on Nexus, pretty impressive I must say.

heh I have too much time on my hands, I'm only really interested in mods that we would consider the baseline of bringing the world to the standard we have been accustomed to from the 32 engine.

• 2 months later...

YALOSE has been removed from the nexus. Unfortunately after a fresh windows install recently i ended up deleting my mod folder (doh! lol) , when I used to have it i tested out both the 4 and 2 k versions, quality difference was so small stuck with 2k. Does anybody have a copy of YALOSE they could kindly upload to a filehost perhaps like mediafire or dropbox, please?

Than ks in advance.

Dave.

Archived