Questions regarding how to fix my collisions with HDT PE

Ratphlegm

In my current game I've been using UUNP HDT zeroed sliders Bodyslide meshes, all armors batch built, etc. The HDT has worked for everyone from the beginning, as I copied the meshes/skeletons over to all mod followers, etc. but the collisions had only been working for my player character. In trying to correct this, I found that this new SMP style came out, so I tried converting over to that via the full setup files I found here on LL, only to discover that my computer is too old and unable to run it or the required drivers/programs necessary (CTD on game load/new game) so I reinstalled the HDT PE stuff and rebuilt the bodies.

Now I have HDT working again for everyone, but collisions don't even work for my player.

My first question is if a specific UUNP hand or foot mesh in Bodyslide already has the collision xmls added, or if any of them do?

I had been using just the regular UUNP Hands and Feet (I think) along with the UUNP HDT body.

If bodyslide isn't the easy solution, I know I can just use the Havok Object, though I keep reading that it is pretty much obsolete these days... but if the alternative is for me to go into every hand or foot .nif for the massive amount of mod armor/clothes I have installed and do the process of adding xmls, I think I'd rather just go with the object.

So, is there a good reason to not use the Havok Object?

I guess it's also possible I have something fucked up in an .ini file or either a missing or extra file somewhere that is denying collision, but would have no idea where.

UUNP special is HDT collision enabled.  Make sure to also build the special hands and special feet.

Ahh, thanks alot!

In my current save, I have altered a lot of follower bodies and such via racemenu (using the UUNP HDT body), so is the modification/morph data in the save going to conflict if I switch to UUNP special on that save since the body .tri files are probably different?

IIRC there's a way to nuke the saved morph data while playing the game, but would rather not have to due to the time invested. I could also try to actually figure out/set up the bodygen options that racemenu can use so that I wouldn't have to edit all the bodies again if I have to start a new game, but again, that's a pretty significant amount of time I expect to commit since I like each character to look a pretty specific way for individuality/"personality."

Well, I decided to give it a shot and tried building UUNP special bodies... and now human races and orcs have invisible naked bodies.

Both men and women.

I double checked to make sure there are textures in the right folders, even checked the nifs to make sure the bodyslide created bodies are linking the right textures/location, the files and folders look like they are in working order.

Elves, khajiit and argonians still have bodies, but the collisions are still not working on them either. I'm really confused as to what is wrong... when I was about to build the special body, I noticed that both xpmse and bodyslide recently had updates, so I did that first, and I could understand if this bug was just in my save game, but it's affecting new games as well. And the male bodies for the same races are broken?

The mods I've messed with since the bodies were visible (not necessarily in order): XPMSE updated to 3.91 (did not overwrite this with anything), HDT PE 14.28 reinstalled, updated Bodyslide/outfit studio to 4.0, built the uunp special zeroed slider body, special feet, special hands, batch built all armors accordingly, installed demoniac unp textures, used texture blender to add the vagina (not sure if I've used this before, would assume it works fine though). I also reinstalled SoS at some point recently, don't remember if it was before or during switching female bodies... highly doubt that is the culprit since my save game character has a disembodied dick still.  :P

The fact that it's affecting both males and females of the same races kinda makes me think it's a fucked up .esp or even skyrim.esm somehow... it feels like the naked body "armor" is just not enabled for humans/orcs to equip. Not entirely sure what plugins would tell the game what bodies to use that could've possibly been changed... something to do with Racemenu?

I guess I'll pull up some plugins in CK and see if that's what's up.

Edit: I tried switching back to the body that was working before... still invisible. Trying to install different textures now.

Grab the "UNP base main body V1dot2" and "1dot51body textures" from HERE.  Place them in the following order:

BodySlide

UNP base main body V1dot2

1dot51body textures

Then build your body again using BodySlide.  I use this set of files and that load order, and have had no issues with the UUNP Special body on any races.  There is no need to texblend a vagina, the body texture already includes one.

Also, make sure there is nothing else in your load order overwriting your body or textures.

Also, make sure there is nothing else in your load order overwriting your body or textures.

Thanks for the tips, though yeah, this is what I'm working on atm. I'm fairly convinced it's nothing wrong with my textures or meshes, the body looks right when wearing skimpy armors, and changing the female body at all shouldn't affect the males anyway. It's like something is telling Skyrim that the naked body "armor" and or textures for Bretons, Imperials, Nords, Orcs, Redguards can't actually be worn by them. Could my formlists have gotten fucked up?

I'm looking through my bashed patch in CK right now (since it is last in the load order and affects a lot of shit)... I checked the races that had invisible bodies in game and did previews on them, all had the right bodies and textures, though I'm not entirely sure what "defaultrace" is for... even it had the right body, it did have a strange listing for "Body Texture" in its body data " Actors\Character\UpperBodyHumanFemale.egt ", but I assume that's a .bsa reference.

Also looked at the "Player" actor and saw it had "none" listed for Skin, but I dunno if that's important since that actor is created in game... might mess with changing it later on if I don't find anything else.

The skin naked "armor" entries look fine, though the NakedTorso armor addon did have a * showing it was being modified by the .esp, it looked like it was just due to extra races being tagged from immersive creatures, etc. The texture and mesh links were right, and the texture sets for the skins were also correct.

WOW... decided to save the .esp in CK after making 0 actual changes on a hunch... have fixed "black face syndrome" on followers by doing that with their .esp before, and now the bodies are visible again. Why you do this, skyrim?  :dodgy:

Now it's back to the original problem... collisions are still not working. I wonder if I need to fake edit some other .esp to remind the game how to use it... Is there even an .esp needed for collision detection? ragdolls? Skeleton I guess?

Edit: That didn't do anything, so I was looking through some HDT mod compilations and comparing them to my folders. HDT PE itself only comes with the 3 files, but I had 3 other hdt related .xml's in my skse plugins folder that have apparently been there since before I last reinstalled the game: hdt.xml, hdtFingers.xml and hdtVagina.xml . The hdtPE text log in that same folder says my game is trying to use the Fingers and Vagina xmls, so is that right or wrong?

Here's the relevant part of the log file:

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[11/04/16 13:11:53]INFO: Queue OK
[11/04/16 13:11:53]INFO: System run with 12 threads
[11/04/16 13:11:53]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[11/04/16 13:11:53]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[11/04/16 13:12:49]ERROR: Load "SKSE\Plugins\hdtVagina.xml" error - file no exist
[11/04/16 13:12:49]WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : SKSE\Plugins\hdtVagina.xml
[11/04/16 13:12:49]INFO: Physics system loaded : SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
[11/04/16 13:12:49]ERROR: Load "SKSE\Plugins\hdtFingers.xml" error - file no exist
[11/04/16 13:12:49]WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : SKSE\Plugins\hdtFingers.xml
[11/04/16 13:12:49]INFO: Physics system loaded : SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
[11/04/16 13:12:55]INFO: Physics system loaded : SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
[11/04/16 13:12:55]INFO: Cell changed...

This is after I had moved the vagina and fingers xmls to another folder to test if they were breaking it... no difference.

Collisions are working! It seems the tutorials I was reading when trying to install stuff have just not been updated in a while. I just installed the Naturalistic xmls over what I had and now there are functional collisions. The forearm ones seem to be significantly off, but the main problem seems to have been that my BBP xml was sorely lacking data... this "new" one is more than double the file size. 

Thanks a lot for the help, people!

Archived