Mod Manager of Choice for SSE?

Baloo Ice

I've always used NMM and it's always worked fine for me. It also makes it 100 times easier installing and uninstalling mods from the Nexus.

I would say that is not the case. With NMM the files are put into shared folders f.ex meshes and textures that all other coresponding mods make their home aswell. If you donload a mod that has a file with the same name as one allready installed you will overwrite that file with the new one and that can casue your save to not work properly as it is missing a file it had earlier. With Mod Organizer however every mod gets its own folder where its files are. Your load-order will then determine wich file from wich mod is in use and they are all kept safe. 

If you want to delete something from MO you just select the mod you installed and press DELETE, as you would with any other mod.

Cheers!

That's not how NMM works at all. NMM extracts all mods into separate directorys within it's Virtualinstall folder, it then copies or links the files into the Skyrim folders according to your install order, if you deactivate a mod that owerwrites another it will replace the files with the other mod's files.

As far as i know the slowdowns you get when you have a lot of mods installed with NMM are because of the huge lists that it uses to keep track of the priorities of every singe file of every single mod. It's a very good system but its efficiency gets worse as the file count gets higher.

MO for life. Although without a good working version for SSE I'm stuck using NMM for now. I hate it but I'm not getting too serious with my modding just yet. (only about 100 mods right now is all LOL)

I've not spent much time in game yet either. Too busy with school and work to put much time into the game when we don't even have SKSE yet anyway.

MO for life. Although without a good working version for SSE I'm stuck using NMM for now. I hate it but I'm not getting too serious with my modding just yet. (only about 100 mods right now is all LOL)

I've not spent much time in game yet either. Too busy with school and work to put much time into the game when we don't even have SKSE yet anyway.

There's a good dll addon availlable on SE nexus to add to MO2 SE functionality. only downside is that all broken functionalities of MO2 are still broken and nexus link download don't work

I personally ran into a lot of trouble with NMM recently.For ME at least NMM has trouble backing up and restoring said back ups. It seems to arbitrarily delete files from time to time. I found that it would delete files for FNIS something Fore stated he/she noticed as well based on troubleshooting for people. I noticed it did so for total character overhaul mod I was lucky that I discovered the root of the issue trying to back up files and thus a tracking log was created to prove my contention that files are going missing. the Nexus' DuskDweller tends to have a default position of "its your fault" when you submit a bug for NMM. His default mod is you didn't run it in admin mod for me personally. yet I have my properties for the file set to run in admin mode for all users. It is impossible to run it out of admin mode on my machine because of the changes I made to it properties.

I moved over to MO2 beta 3 with a plugin for SSE and it works very well. I don't mind manually downloading a file then adding it to MO2 myself as it doesn't feel all that difficult to me but it is an added step that bugs others.

I have always found that MO has created the best modded skyrim experience for me. As it makes trouble shooting very easy. got a conflict? just unclick a mod test if no change activate the mod again and move to the next. rinse and repeat. The ability to just click a mod to uninstall it from your game (but still have it ready to be used again with a simple click), this includes texture and mesh mods with no .esp files makes troubleshooting mod conflicts or mod bugs so easy compared to other managers, especially NMM.

This all said the best manager is one that works best for you. If you don't enjoy a manager then a 1001 people telling you it is the best doesn't change the fact you don't like it. So use the one that fits your needs best, for me that is Mod organiser.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a good dll addon availlable on SE nexus to add to MO2 SE functionality. only downside is that all broken functionalities of MO2 are still broken and nexus link download don't work

Yeah, once I have enough time I was going to get this all set up with SE. I don't really care about nexus link downloads since when I use MO I download everything manually and store it in an archive. Then I look at the files before I add them to MO in case I want to alter any meshes/textures or delete stuff that I don't want or won't use. Right now I have a working game but seems like I add more mods every week or so which means I could break it soon. Haha

So yeah, where is this new super duper mod organizer from tannin? Its a good amount of mods reached and redo all install progress later will be more pain then stying to mo2.. Well done nexus, well done.. I dont know why he doesnt go on with mo, it is perfect. You have merge application and wrye bash running from mo, what else you want? Maybe video preview plugin and some nice places for advertisements nexus can sell then..even manual install is faster then nmm

1) Tannin has now full time paid job with Nexus.

2) The new mod manager will have to support ALL games, not just TES like MO

3) It is being rewritten from scratch. It will take a long time.

And it was Tannin's decision after all - so just respect it.

So yeah, where is this new super duper mod organizer from tannin? Its a good amount of mods reached and redo all install progress later will be more pain then stying to mo2.. Well done nexus, well done.. I dont know why he doesnt go on with mo, it is perfect. You have merge application and wrye bash running from mo, what else you want? Maybe video preview plugin and some nice places for advertisements nexus can sell then..even manual install is faster then nmm

He doesn't have to like it He doesn't have to respect it and does no good coming off as a shill.

*On topic*

For Skyrim MO was damn near perfection even though I never had any problem with NMM intill it fucked my Oblivion with it's upgrade.Still though I don't really have a preference.

I surely don't. You don't just abandon one (if not THE) key mod for the most vast modding community in existence like that.

Especially in a critical moment like this.

Ok. You have the right to do so. Just as I do not to respect yours.

I surely don't. You don't just abandon one (if not THE) key mod for the most vast modding community in existence like that.

• 4 weeks later...

This. I may be paranoid but this whole thing really seems like they just bought him out. Not that I blame them, it's been how many years? And NMM is still in beta and a clusterfuck for anything more then simple modding. They literally need to hire him if they want their manager to stay relevant and actually be decent. Now my pessimism is making me really expect this new manager to be NMM 2.0, but have none of the good things of MO like a virtual file system. Especially when the NMM stated (paraphrasing and rewording slightly :P ) "we want a manger that's not to easy for experts but not to hard for nubes". That right there is setting of some red flags.

No one needs a mod manager.
Some mind is enough - even with more than 200 mods.

doubt even chuck norris can do that without a mod manager

170105041023453706.jpg

it's a huge mess, doesn't matter

it was worse when i was picking textures from skyrim 2k, tamriel reload, pfuscher, noble, amidian, realistic, osmius,  ewi, rustic...

got bored of comparing textures, will compare snowfall sky to sky folder or check i don't have better than skyrim revamp assets later

new mess, sexlab

making that work without mo? doubt i can do that

see the __slal viré folder? i can't generate fnis with all that, so i did with a few, check what it was, removed some stuff, and then i was able to generate fnis with whatever was left

the zzzz fnis de merde folder that's because there was nothing after making creatures.... until i put that in data folder (but have to put that back there after or it's overwrite by old bsas)

i don't use sexlabnudecreature, but didn't found slal pack for that, so i kept morenastycriter animation quest in sexlab.esm, and the .pex and .hkx

there's some esp in some slal folders, i expect problems when i will copy paste that in sexlab esm, but finding what i will have to edit won't be a problem

and if you replace mod x by mod y next year, keeping mod x files in data folder, or deleting them, that can be a lot of problems

No one needs a mod manager.
Some mind is enough - even with more than 200 mods.

doubt even chuck norris can do that without a mod manager

...snip

it's a huge mess, doesn't matter

it was worse when i was picking textures from skyrim 2k, tamriel reload, pfuscher, noble, amidian, realistic, osmius,  ewi, rustic...

got bored of comparing textures, will compare snowfall sky to sky folder or check i don't have better than skyrim revamp assets later

new mess, sexlab

making that work without mo? doubt i can do that

see the __slal viré folder? i can't generate fnis with all that, so i did with a few, check what it was, removed some stuff, and then i was able to generate fnis with whatever was left

the zzzz fnis de merde folder that's because there was nothing after making creatures.... until i put that in data folder (but have to put that back there after or it's overwrite by old bsas)

i don't use sexlabnudecreature, but didn't found slal pack for that, so i kept morenastycriter animation quest in sexlab.esm, and the .pex and .hkx

there's some esp in some slal folders, i expect problems when i will copy paste that in sexlab esm, but finding what i will have to edit won't be a problem

and if you replace mod x by mod y next year, keeping mod x files in data folder, or deleting them, that can be a lot of problems

Cuck Norris is probably your buddy.
I do not use a mod manager. Mod managers only make sense when you write big mods and you want to test. (Mods that change the game basically)

Mod managers do not replace thinking, prevent no errors, mod managers are only good for convenience or to test mod.
Sometimes it is better to manage less and think more.
Mod managers do not replace thinking, prevent no errors, mod managers are only good for convenience or to test mod.

mod x 1.0, bsa and an esp

mod x 1.5, an esp and a few loose files

mod x 2.0, bsa and an esp

if you are stupid enought to put that in data folder, and mod 2.0 don't work because its bsa is overwrite by 1.5 loose files, how much thinking will it require to fix the problem? if you can fix it

most can't, they just post a load order or papyrus log thinking someone else can tell them what the problem is

if mod x 2.0 is a folder somewhere under mod x 1.5 folder, there's no problem, beside a lot of folders

if a mod don't work, you get rid of it and it's as if it was never installed

while if you put it in data folder... installing some crap may create such a mess you are good for a reinstall

and that's probably the death of your save (reinstalling all mods in the same order? have never finish oblivion because i was never able to do that, unlike morrowind i have completed, but there was less mods, so less mess)

mod x 1.0, bsa and an esp

mod x 1.5, an esp and a few loose files

mod x 2.0, bsa and an esp

if you are stupid enought to put that in data folder, and mod 2.0 don't work because its bsa is overwrite by 1.5 loose files, how much thinking will it require to fix the problem? if you can fix it

most can't, they just post a load order or papyrus log thinking someone else can tell them what the problem is

if mod x 2.0 is a folder somewhere under mod x 1.5 folder, there's no problem, beside a lot of folders

if a mod don't work, you get rid of it and it's as if it was never installed

while if you put it in data folder... installing some crap may create such a mess you are good for a reinstall

and that's probably the death of your save (reinstalling all mods in the same order? have never finish oblivion because i was never able to do that, unlike morrowind i have completed, but there was less mods, so less mess)

I have installed Skyrim since 2012 - never reinstalled.
Log is 6 kb - even after hours - with ENB + HDT PE + Mid Poly Body Mesh (16.000 vertices) intensive use of realtime morphs.

No freeze, no CTD, no problem with Load as Save.

If Mod Manager is used to keep the data virgin - ok - who needs it.

In your scenario, you only deposit garbage at a different location. Game and Saves will break anyway.

The negative effect of these methods is:
Many people install mods without thinking. According to the motto "nothing can happen".
As a result, the game has CTD, freezes and more errors and then create a thread "Help".

I prefer not to load any garbage, either in the data of Skyrim, or in the profile folder.

Everyone should do what he wants.
My statement was and is: Nobody needs a mod manager

Cuck Norris is probably your buddy.
I do not use a mod manager. Mod managers only make sense when you write big mods and you want to test. (Mods that change the game basically)

Sometimes it is better to manage less and think more.

Or you could just do both.

Tools - smart people use them too. 

OP, I'm using the latest MO2 build on Nexus. It's a little unstable but it's worth putting up with the odd crash if you're already accustomed to using MO. 

Log is 6 kb - even after hours - with ENB + HDT PE + Mid Poly Body Mesh (16.000 vertices) intensive use of realtime morphs.

16k verticle? is that supposed to be huge?

if i take a look in the enb menu in towns, i am at 2 or 6 millions

because of that i don't give a shit i didn't decimate my crap

170106022630396220.jpg

too stupid to edit unp v4 to make it match that v6, so did that one the stupid way

only problems i have with high poly, it's the time it take to generate the nif (250k verticle? 2-5 hours), and the number of meshes (more sbp_49 and bslighting to copy paste)

tried the poly reducer thing on buttons, they don't need 40k verticles, but result don't look good, so they will stay at 40k verticle even if 10k could be enought for that

170106021811664817.jpg

have just reinstall windows

170106021604295551.jpg

my fresh install steam folder backup is 2 years old

before copy pasting mo, since i know the performance of my load order, took a look at fresh skyrim install performance

170106021609326878.jpg

forgetting the enb to check performances...

as for reinstalling my mods, it's just copy pasting mo folder

4 seconds to get in qasmoke without mods, it should be 30 seconds with my load order (was 80 seconds with mods like summerset and falskar)

still have some performance waste to kill (as for how to find them... euh...)

16k verticle? is that supposed to be huge?

if i take a look in the enb menu in towns, i am at 2 or 6 millions

because of that i don't give a shit i didn't decimate my crap

170106022630396220.jpg

too stupid to edit unp v4 to make it match that v6, so did that one the stupid way

only problems i have with high poly, it's the time it take to generate the nif (250k verticle? 2-5 hours), and the number of meshes (more sbp_49 and bslighting to copy paste)

tried the poly reducer thing on buttons, they don't need 40k verticles, but result don't look good, so they will stay at 40k verticle even if 10k could be enought for that

170106021811664817.jpg

have just reinstall windows

170106021604295551.jpg

my fresh install steam folder backup is 2 years old

before copy pasting mo, since i know the performance of my load order, took a look at fresh skyrim install performance

170106021609326878.jpg

forgetting the enb to check performances...

as for reinstalling my mods, it's just copy pasting mo folder

4 seconds to get in qasmoke without mods, it should be 30 seconds with my load order (was 80 seconds with mods like summerset and falskar)

still have some performance waste to kill (as for how to find them... euh...)

You do not understand anything - as before.
A skined mesh has a maximum of 32k vertices. A Skinned Mesh.
I think you do not know what a skinned mesh is - right?

32kb - is the absolutely exact limit of a Skinned Mesh in Skyrim.
And limited bones per vertices.

That's why I wrote Mid Poly - not high poly.
You understand the difference between mid and high?

This is my body. Only the body.

Your Demonica Body is in the 9500 Vertices range. (2-6 Millons - nonsense)
You call it (half-knowledge) victoria 4. False - it's Victoria 4.2.
If you do not know the difference - it would be better, you're still.

Compared to Vanilla Skyrim: I dress my naked body with clothes - I do not replace any body mesh.
A slip - ok. A pants over the panties - ok. Like in real life.

If I need certain effects: Highheels or Pushup, then without changing the BodyMesh.
It is realtime with a mixture of HDT-PE and NIO.
When I wear HighHeels, the stockings are automatically morphed.

You want to know what a highpoly mesh is?
An armor with 1.700.000 vertices - I converted to Skyrim.
This is really HighPoly.

And now leave me alone with your half-knowledge. 
You better not answer. Your ignorance is sufficient for today.

By the way: The Tread has theme - Mod Manager of Choice - and not "Something" - over and out

said those buttons have 40k verticles

170106070718301387.jpg

38k, wasn't far, game is supposed to have problems loading that nif?

170106072018928963.jpg

if that thing you call a skinned mesh is a mesh with weights, then it's a skinned mesh

and if i open enb menu in riverwood

170106070541432067.jpg

have just enable jk skyrim to make draw triangle call go highter

it's also in nifskope, 190k triangle for the 38k verticle meshe

one triangle, that's 3 verticles, triangle v1 v2 v3, triangle v2 v1 v3, triangle v3 v1 v2, triangle v1 v3 v2, triangle v3 v2 v1

so i guess the game is rendering 1.6 millions verticles above

170106070544933480.jpg

if i regenerate those heads with the high poly teeth after renumbering some sg/ks hairs to vanilla hairs, draw call with go much much highter

but have to load the crap kit for that... berk, also have to unoptimise some textures...

said those buttons have 40k verticles

170106070718301387.jpg

38k, wasn't far, game is supposed to have problems loading that nif?

170106072018928963.jpg

if that thing you call a skinned mesh is a mesh with weights, then it's a skinned mesh

and if i open enb menu in riverwood

170106070541432067.jpg

have just enable jk skyrim to make draw triangle call go highter

it's also in nifskope, 190k triangle for the 38k verticle meshe

one triangle, that's 3 verticles, triangle v1 v2 v3, triangle v2 v1 v3, triangle v3 v1 v2, triangle v1 v3 v2, triangle v3 v2 v1

so i guess the game is rendering 1.6 millions verticles above

170106070544933480.jpg

if i regenerate those heads with the high poly teeth after renumbering some sg/ks hairs to vanilla hairs, draw call with go much much highter

but have to load the crap kit for that... berk, also have to unoptimise some textures...

Oh my God. :lol:  :@
You still have a lot to learn. I do not think OS is appropriate.
If you have any questions, send an email.
And another tip: Use 3ds or Blender - not just OS.
OS is ok for users, if we want to talk seriously - it is not enough by far.

Easy converting from DAZ to Skyrim can also be my grandchild daughter.
If you have questions, write an email - if I can - I will help.
If you think your screen shows you 40k vertices (skinned) - then I have really lost the last rest of faith for you.

And NOW- Topic is closed - back to thread

Archived