SSE Criticism Thread

> Upscale textures so they eat all your vram for no discernable gain in visual fidelity

> Hide them with a bunch of shitty post-processing effects and a change in color palette

I got a refund for Fallout 4 because it's a terrible game and if the Cash Grab Edition hadn't been given to me for free there's no way I would have trusted Bethesda enough to even buy it.

:lol: So we have Fallout 4 bashers in this thread as well !!! Go play some other companies games! I did and I think I will stick with Bethesda's moddable games thanks!

Please read the OP.  The point of this thread is for people to vent some steam, spew their displeasure or display their superiority complex instead of going on every SSE thread "debunking" people who say good stuff about SSE. 

This is the place where moderators will redirect haters to when their posts are derailing productive threads ;)

So with that said try to think of what we wouldn't have if there was never a Bethesda!

modders would have made another game what skyrim is

that special edition is a joke

they add the engine update of fallout, and that's about it

those ones did a little more to morrowind with skyrim engine

original.jpg

skywind-sheogorad.jpg

original.jpg

2lnk2du.jpg

Ny9nRbb.jpg

skywind05.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewcullphotography/galleries/72157648721829449/

So with that said try to think of what we wouldn't have if there was never a Bethesda!

original.jpg

skywind-sheogorad.jpg

original.jpg

2lnk2du.jpg

Ny9nRbb.jpg

skywind05.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewcullphotography/galleries/72157648721829449/

.... damn Morrowind's looking good o.o

Not to mention no bug fixes? They literally did nothing with the existing bugs and just sent it through the door. Oh well.  Maximal gain for minimum effort, and by minimum effort I mean bare bones minimum.

You forgot to mention Audio quality downgrade (Which they will patch)

"MODDERS WILL FIX" Logic.

I'm just so sick of them relying solely on modders to fix up on their blunders. What sickens me more is how they don't hire arthmoor for fixing bugs or QA or SOMETHING. The guys been working on unofficial bug fixes for Talos knows how long. I hope Beth's greed bites them in the ass in the future, whenever greed sets into any person or company, they start their impending downfall.

> Upscale textures so they eat all your vram for no discernable gain in visual fidelity

> Hide them with a bunch of shitty post-processing effects and a change in color palette

I got a refund for Fallout 4 because it's a terrible game and if the Cash Grab Edition hadn't been given to me for free there's no way I would have trusted Bethesda enough to even buy it.

:lol: So we have Fallout 4 bashers in this thread as well !!! Go play some other companies games! I did and I think I will stick with Bethesda's moddable games thanks!

Please read the OP.  The point of this thread is for people to vent some steam, spew their displeasure or display their superiority complex instead of going on every SSE thread "debunking" people who say good stuff about SSE. 

This is the place where moderators will redirect haters to when their posts are derailing productive threads ;)

Yes but there is a point where people take things too far and turn a thread into a hate one! I have my own grievances with SSE but point is complaining and letting of steam and disappointments to the Bethesda forums would be a better idea!  They are the ones that have created this game and IMHO they do listen to the community unlike a lot of other game developers! 

original.jpg

skywind-sheogorad.jpg

original.jpg

2lnk2du.jpg

Ny9nRbb.jpg

skywind05.jpg

I assume the main point of SSE was to bring mods and better looking graphics to the consoles and for the PC a more stable DX11 64 bit version that can handle a hell of lot more punishment! Perhaps too your forgetting how long they have been working on what you quoted and what they are using as a base, 64 bit engine will help them a lot!

Almost forgot, thanks for reminding me. The thread is missing an important element of the contemporary bitching about Bethesda.

Go play Witcher 3 and when you are done in 200 - 300 hours get some sleep, eat some food, and think again  :P

Yes but there is a point where people take things too far and turn a thread into a hate one! I have my own grievances with SSE but point is complaining and letting of steam and disappointments to the Bethesda forums would be a better idea!  They are the ones that have created this game and IMHO they do listen to the community unlike a lot of other game developers! 

Are you OK man? Does reading bad things on games you like makes you feel triggered? Victimized maybe? Don't worry, there's a safe space in this forum, it's called "outside of this thread".

Almost forgot, thanks for reminding me. The thread is missing an important element of the contemporary bitching about Bethesda.

Go play Witcher 3 and when you are done in 200 - 300 hours get some sleep, eat some food, and think again  :P

The Witcher 3 lies idle on my machine whilst I wait for it to be fully moddable which will never happen!

Are you OK man? Does reading bad things on games you like makes you feel triggered? Victimized maybe? Don't worry, there's a safe space in this forum, it's called "outside of this thread".

I'm fine but if you can bitch I can bitch back seems fair to me!

I assume the main point of SSE was to bring mods and better looking graphics to the consoles and for the PC a more stable DX11 64 bit version that can handle a hell of lot more punishment!

where are the benchmarks to show the performance difference of that "new" engine?

you crash less with sse because you didn't mess much with it, that won't last

if your texture folder is too much for your config, sse won't change that (that's most ctd thanks to the ini tweaks that make the game try use more ram than you have)

and you will be able to install much more mods incompatibles with each other if skse is updated

the main point of sse is easy money (they weren't able to make money from mods, now they try to sell you the same game)

The Witcher 3 lies idle on my machine whilst I wait for it to be fully moddable which will never happen!

I'm confused. Did you play or not "other companies games" while making the informed decision you were talking about?

In all seriousness I would love to see an intelligent discussion about Skyrim-Witcher 3, but I'm afraid it can't happen because it would quickly turn into fanboy fight.

SOOO NOW COMES IT!

exactly that I have done, I have in the official Bethesda Forum posted.

My complaints were factual, something hard maybe, but not offensive!

What has happened, Already after a post, *I has been on lifetime banished*, That is happened!  :angry:

Edit: one thing these people absolutely can not stand ****CRITICISM****  ;)

original.jpg

skywind-sheogorad.jpg

original.jpg

2lnk2du.jpg

Ny9nRbb.jpg

skywind05.jpg

I assume the main point of SSE was to bring mods and better looking graphics to the consoles and for the PC a more stable DX11 64 bit version that can handle a hell of lot more punishment! Perhaps too your forgetting how long they have been working on what you quoted and what they are using as a base, 64 bit engine will help them a lot!

giphy.gif

Not all have a high end PC, I would argue the fewest can SSE play in the highest settings.  :P  :lol:

I'm confused. Did you play or not "other companies games" while making the informed decision you were talking about?

In all seriousness I would love to see an intelligent discussion about Skyrim-Witcher 3, but I'm afraid it can't happen because it would quickly turn into fanboy fight.

Well I will not give you the fanboy fight because Witcher 3 is a great game which I played through twice, it's just not a great moddable game and has no editor! As for other games I cannot think of too many other then Bethesda's that has let the community change so much so easily with mods!

:P Anyway I,m still waiting for a gg threesome scene with Ciri in the bathhouse!

I'm fine but if you can bitch I can bitch back seems fair to me!

Great, then let's bitch together senpai~

Anyways, silliness aside, the biggest worry in this release was the statement Bethesda made about review copies. Not allowing early reviews while adopting marketing campaigns geared heavily toward maximizing the amount of pre-orders is the epitome of anti-consumer practices. It shows you only care about milking the players for all they're worth and not about the quality of your product. It would be good to not forget paid mods either (they will come back eventually).

Also about Fallout 4. Putting my own opinion about it aside, for those invested in it the release of SSE is bad news. See, F4SE was worked on by Ian, behippo and Expired. Now only Expired works on it while behippo and Ian are on the new SKSE (much more complicated than a simple update). And they're all very busy with real life work at that.

Well I will not give you the fanboy fight because Witcher 3 is a great game which I played through twice, it's just not a great moddable game and has no editor! As for other games I cannot think of too many other then Bethesda's that has let the community change so much so easily with mods!

:P Anyway I,m still waiting for a gg threesome scene with Ciri in the bathhouse!

I consider myself a fanboy of both games and see no real problem in this. I'm kind of happy that there is no "proper" modding tool for W3. The magic of that game comes from the controlled experience - it is a very well done interactive story, and it would be very easy for mods to break the experience.

it would be great if there are extended or added cutscenes (DA:O way), but for example something like SexLab with mods similar to what we know and enjoy in Skyrim would break the magic of W3 for me. 

I consider myself a fanboy of both games and see no real problem in this. I'm kind of happy that there is no "proper" modding tool for W3. The magic of that game comes from the controlled experience - it is a very well done interactive story, and it would be very easy for mods to break the experience.

it would be great if there are extended or added cutscenes (DA:O way), but for example something like SexLab with mods similar to what we know and enjoy in Skyrim would break the magic of W3 for me. 

You've cracked it, exactly that is it.  :)  ;)

This thread got spicy

EXACTLY.

allowed by the moderators.

As long as everything remains factual and does not become offensive, this will be the longest thread of all time. 00008357.gif00008356.gif

Having spent my summer reading all kinds of threads and discussions about FO4 here and elsewhere online I don't think this thread here qualifies as more than "mildly negative" and quite friendly   :)

It actually makes me happy that it seems it is impossible to make such toxic threads and statements for Skyrim as those about FO4. I was really worried in the past months if the toxicity will penetrate the Skyrim space. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68567/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69939/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69893/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73583/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427/?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v162-updated-jun-3rd-2016/

There you go.  With those mods, you get Ciri (with Yen and Triss) in a GG 3-way in a bathhouse.  And I threw in Keira Metz as an alternate...

;)

and the real thing

all time skyrim is ported from console to pc

2011 -xbox 360 to pc

2016 xbox one to pc ???? no real pc version ( am not happy with enbale mod in main menu just like console)

if they make skyim for pc with all thing (enb ...mods ) the console will be wierd and no one will buy this thing

why not include all fix make it by modder from  2011-2016 ?

is only and still for money ............... the player go to the hell  and take you money ( like iphone , )

if you play the witcher 3 you just "wowww ...." but in other side skyrim se 64 bits ( more stable ) ( if you search "crash skyrim se" in steam  long list for your eyes

in 5 years of work only old engine ported from fallout 4, is joke ,and few exe and dll ; they know the modder will do her job

but

how time will past to make skyrim se like heavy modded skyrim

and with time microsoft : skyrim se , skyrim xp ....skyrim 10 pack x

where are the benchmarks to show the performance difference of that "new" engine?

you crash less with sse because you didn't mess much with it, that won't last

Gopher posted a video, yesterday I think, of an FPS comparison between SSE and the original game. On his system, except a few areas, SSE seems to perform better in terms of FPS, especially in certain areas which caused significant issues in the original game, to him at least. Well, if you ignore the fact that one is a 32-bit DX9 game and the other is 64-bit DX11 game possibly running on a 64-bit DX12 system, it was perhaps a relatively fair comparison, but the tone in the video was quite generalizing, as if everyone will have the same experience with massively different hardware and software (OS) combinations. Also, before coming to such conclusions, try running both on a 5 year old system first and show us that result as well.

I've also read others who have high-end systems with a top of the range i7 processor and a top of range graphics card (sometimes even SLI'ed) claiming that the new game performs great on their system (which is a rather dumb thing to say as you can imagine), ignoring the fact that a lot of people with low-end hardware are having issues with it. Well, of course, it's a different game with higher hardware requirements, but it's rather stupid to say "Oh, we should all upgrade to SSE, everything will be great!".

There's also these people with the argument "This game is very stable, I can spawn 5000 bandits without crashing!"... Well, if you can spawn 5000 bandits without crashing, it may prove that the memory allocation algorithm in SSE works better than the original game, but it tells you nothing else. It may contribute to overall stability, but it doesn't prove that the game is more stable than the original. At least, not until you can safely run the new game with 200+ mods and hundreds of scripts like you did with the original game. There's also the fact that it's a 64-bit game and may allocate more memory overall, compared to the original, which, by the way, also increases the amount of memory that might potentially leak.

I think it's best to consider SSE as another variant of Skyrim, and not as a "remaster" or a must-have "upgrade", because it's neither.

and the real thing

all time skyrim is ported from console to pc

2011 -xbox 360 to pc

2016 xbox one to pc ???? no real pc version ( am not happy with enbale mod in main menu just like console)

if they make skyim for pc with all thing (enb ...mods ) the console will be wierd and no one will buy this thing

why not include all fix make it by modder from  2011-2016 ?

is only and still for money ............... the player go to the hell  and take you money ( like iphone , )

if you play the witcher 3 you just "wowww ...." but in other side skyrim se 64 bits ( more stable ) ( if you search "crash skyrim se" in steam  long list for your eyes

in 5 years of work only old engine ported from fallout 4, is joke ,and few exe and dll ; they know the modder will do her job

but

how time will past to make skyrim se like heavy modded skyrim

and with time microsoft : skyrim se , skyrim xp ....skyrim 10 pack x

I assume English isn't your native language, Because I cant make sense of this post I'm sorry.