Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oblivion Character Overhaul not working completely

Best Answer gregathit , 30 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

Then you will need to read and re-read the instructions.  Little things like archive invalidation via bsa redirection are key to getting things to work.

You may even have to manually replace the vanilla files.  

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MasterworkStone

MasterworkStone

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I'm trying to use the Oblivion Character Overhaul, but it's only affecting Orcs, Dunmer, and Altmer.

Mod is here http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/43612/?

I tried running the game vanilla with only OCO and it still didn't work correctly

From this image you can clearly see that they're only working on 3 races

Attached File  not working.png   1.07MB   1 downloads

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Helps if you *read* a modders page they go to the trouble of typing it out to help you if you don't then you end up with problems like this. It clearly states in big red letters in the first line of the description that **OCO version 2 has been released. This version is no longer updated or actively supported. Look to v2 for a completely rebuilt OCO!** So you should be using that one.

Read the modders page before downloading. http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/44676/?

MasterworkStone

MasterworkStone

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

OCOv2 does not look good in my opinion, which is why I'm trying to use the original, which is also presumably is also why the author made v2 a separate mod.

It's not working on 7/10 races and I want to fix it

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,771 posts
✓  Best Answer

Then you will need to read and re-read the instructions.  Little things like archive invalidation via bsa redirection are key to getting things to work.

You may even have to manually replace the vanilla files.  

MasterworkStone

MasterworkStone

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I thought I had archive invalidation done, but I guess not

puddles

puddles

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Also if you have another mod that alters the vanilla races lower on the mod list than OCO, none of the assets being in the right place will matter.