Converting old skyrim meshes to skyrim special edition

Hey guys,

So I've read that old nif files from old skyrim needs to be converted for skyrim special edition. Although, it really isn't stated how we would go about doing this.

Is it simply just grabbing nifskope 2.0 beta 6 opening the old nif and just saving it and Thats all?

If anyone has an elaborate answer on how to properly convert the nifs and if there are any problems with any existing nif structures that cannot work or cause problems in skyrim se

Thanks!

Old meshes can work just fine.

There are special cases where it will not, but you need the CK to handle it.

So just wait a few days.

So will the ck have a way of going about converting the nifs? Overall I have a lot of old nifs I'd like to convert and seeing as though if I use a lot of old nifs o might get bad performance..

So will the ck have a way of going about converting the nifs? Overall I have a lot of old nifs I'd like to convert and seeing as though if I use a lot of old nifs o might get bad performance..

Until the CK will be released we will not know.

But technically there is no performance loss in using old NIFs or textures.

Until the CK will be released we will not know.

But technically there is no performance loss in using old NIFs or textures.

Okay, thanks for the reply cpu

I noticed Performance issues with huge amount of old meshes I used too.

I found the explaining how to fix that here:

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

What exactly did you do for converting the meshes? Did it solve the performance issues and what meshes specifically did you find performance issues with if i may ask?

In my case the New CK crashes as soon as i try to load any of the old meshes such as bodies, heads, brows and stuff. I was trying to import my old Race mod into new CK, it loads alright but if i try to save or preview any of the above meshes the CK just Crashes. I don't think it's the esp file, i think it's something about the assets and trying to save, it's just not working at all, so i can't really upate my esp... my Race mod is completely broken in both SkyrimSE and new CK.

Archived