Is it true that no more mods will be made for OG skyrim?!

First i would like to apologize if something is wrong with this post, seeing this is my first time posting to this website and being new to it all together I'm not all too familiar with it.

Now that's outta the way i would like to say that i have hear from MXR (If you don't know who he is he is a mod reviewer on YouTube that reviews mods for skyrim and fallout) he has stated in his most recent videos about skyrim SSE that the original skyrim will not have any more mods sent to the nexus.  I'm just wonder if this is true or not because personally i would find that to be very stupid and a awful move to make seeing as i see a lot of people say they aren't switching over to the new skyrim and just sticking to the original or at least sticking to the original until SSE is all set and most mods have been sent there. He's said this twice now in both videos he's made about remastered so I'm just wondering if this is true or not and if we or me most likely should be upset or sadden.

Thanks <3

There is a reason why Skyrim and SSE are presented as two different nexus games/websites: so that they can coexist without confusion.

Though most modders will migrate to SSE, the Skyrim OG Nexus will still be around.  It's really up to the modder community on whether or not they'll continue uploading to Skyrim OG.

I certainly wouldn't worry about that anytime soon, we got a long stretch until we have SKSE, animations, skeletons and all that good stuff. One of the primary reasons I imagine modders would be more inclined to mod for SE once they have all the required tools would simply be because of the capability of the new engine, on the old client you could spawn 200 soldiers and make them fight and you would lose all your FPS and crash multiple times and only half the units would even fight due to script limitations. Spawning 200 units to brawl it out in the new client makes all units immediately begin fighting and you lose about 5fps from 60 with no crashes.

Should we get all the tools I'm pretty sure we will see mods with much bigger ambitions on SE that just can't work on the old client. I'm also pretty sure MXR's gripes was more around the fact that he would just be covering the same mods for SE just converted which I don't really see the problem with.

I wouldn't put much stock into what a mod reviewer might say on Youtube much less the comments therein. Mods are still being made for Oblivion and I don't see a big slow down on Skyrim. there may come a time the modding gets heavier on SSE then on Skyrim but I am sure mods will still be made for it for quite a long time.

The two will exist until enough mods will be transfered from a Skyrim to another.

Until, and beyond. After all, some people who can run Skyrim well can't run SE well, their computers aren't quite advanced enough. And not everyone can spring for a new graphics card on a whim.