Converting my Sexy Vampire Lord to SSE

Just a heads up guys I'm currently heading into finals for my University so I probably won't be able to toss out anything until I'm done with classes.  I promise to get something out for people to try after I "survive" my classes lol :D

@Mistle - Yea, that's because his was based on mine.  Really the issue is related to what animations and skeleton files are used for the vampire lord.

Any News here? Really would love to have your mod again  :lol:

Just a heads up guys I'm currently heading into finals for my University so I probably won't be able to toss out anything until I'm done with classes.  I promise to get something out for people to try after I "survive" my classes lol :D

@Mistle - Yea, that's because his was based on mine.  Really the issue is related to what animations and skeleton files are used for the vampire lord.

Err did you read the last post by the mod author? It was just two post above your own, talk about LAZY.

Any News here? Really would love to have your mod again  :lol:

Err did you read the last post by the mod author? It was just two post above your own, talk about LAZY.

Useless command, but thanks. Like I know, when his classes are done... 

Update would also mean, if he knows when he will be working on it and might have a chance to say, when there would be a release. 

Update would also mean, if he knows when he will be working on it and might have a chance to say, when there would be a release. 

I can see where you're coming from... But I would expect that Silvist would be focusing on studying and such (or at least... he should be *Mother wolf glare*) And thus, probably wouldn't even open Loverslab.

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I was looking to use the old version while Silvist perfects the new one for SSE, but the animations aren't working - my vampire lord gets stuck in the T pose. Been trying for hours and haven't had any luck fixing it. I think I must be missing something in the conversion process, but Google doesn't seem to have the answer.

I've tried a few things:

-Saving the esp in the new CK

-Converting the old animations with the Havok updater to the new 64-bit versions

-Reattaching the animation events to the records in SSEEdit

I even tried removing the changed records in the esp one by one, and the only thing that got the animations to work is completely removing every single change the esp makes.

I can see where you're coming from... But I would expect that Silvist would be focusing on studying and such (or at least... he should be *Mother wolf glare*) And thus, probably wouldn't even open Loverslab.

Yes, that seems to be the case. Any way - sooner or later - there will be an update  ;)

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I was looking to use the old version while Silvist perfects the new one for SSE, but the animations aren't working - my vampire lord gets stuck in the T pose. Been trying for hours and haven't had any luck fixing it. I think I must be missing something in the conversion process, but Google doesn't seem to have the answer.

I've tried a few things:

-Saving the esp in the new CK

-Converting the old animations with the Havok updater to the new 64-bit versions

-Reattaching the animation events to the records in SSEEdit

I even tried removing the changed records in the esp one by one, and the only thing that got the animations to work is completely removing every single change the esp makes.

I'm not that deep into modding other then installing and playing with mods, but I experienced the same here. The mod itself can be installed and the game can be started, but the animation are missing therefore nothing on the character will move will in VL form. 

D'oh! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong: I was converting the animations *after* converting the esp. I should've been converting them first.

In case anyone else wants to do it, too, here's the steps I used:

1) download the mod from the original thread here

2) extract it to your Skyrim SE data folder

3) go to bethesda.net and install the creation kit for SSE (install it in your SSE folder - it won't work from any other folder anyway)

4) in your SSE folder, a new folder will be there called Tools. Look inside that for a folder called HavokBehaviorPostProcess. Look inside that for HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe. Copy that file and paste it in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\

5) create a new text file in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\, put the following line in it, and save it as BatchHavokUpdate.bat (the actual filename isn't important, but make sure it's a .bat file, and not .bat.txt or something)

For /R %%G in (*.HKX) do HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 "%%G" "%%G" > log.txt

6) double click on the bat file you just saved to run it (this will convert the animations)

7) in your base SSE folder, open CreationKit.exe

8) once it's open, click file -> load, and in the window that pops up, double click Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, ADEC_SuccubusArmor.esp, and altvamplord.esp so they all have x's next to them. Then click once on altvamplord.esp to select it (but don't remove the x), click the Make Active Plugin button, then click OK.

9) it'll take a while to load everything, and will almost certainly throw several dozen errors in the process. None of those errors matter, so just hit Yes To All every time it pops up.

10) once everything is done loading, hit the save button and close. You don't need to edit anything, the program automatically did it all for you.

And with those 10 steps, you should now have a successfully converted version of the custom vampire lord mod, and then we can all wait patiently together while Silvist works his magic and makes it better :)

Just a small update guys, I got one test left and then I'm home free.  Thankfully I'm already prepared for this test, so I should hopefully have some time to play around with this mod this weekend.  

I still have yet to look at the custom animations for the male VL.  Does anyone have any suggestion on animations that look good for a male character?  Till I'm able to find some, the male version probably won't be the first thing I release.  I will try to get the male version working with the default VL animations for now.

Thank you guys for all your kind comments!

D'oh! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong: I was converting the animations *after* converting the esp. I should've been converting them first.

In case anyone else wants to do it, too, here's the steps I used:

1) download the mod from the original thread here

2) extract it to your Skyrim SE data folder

3) go to bethesda.net and install the creation kit for SSE (install it in your SSE folder - it won't work from any other folder anyway)

4) in your SSE folder, a new folder will be there called Tools. Look inside that for a folder called HavokBehaviorPostProcess. Look inside that for HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe. Copy that file and paste it in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\

5) create a new text file in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\, put the following line in it, and save it as BatchHavokUpdate.bat (the actual filename isn't important, but make sure it's a .bat file, and not .bat.txt or something)

For /R %%G in (*.HKX) do HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 "%%G" "%%G" > log.txt

6) double click on the bat file you just saved to run it (this will convert the animations)

7) in your base SSE folder, open CreationKit.exe

8) once it's open, click file -> load, and in the window that pops up, double click Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, ADEC_SuccubusArmor.esp, and altvamplord.esp so they all have x's next to them. Then click once on altvamplord.esp to select it (but don't remove the x), click the Make Active Plugin button, then click OK.

9) it'll take a while to load everything, and will almost certainly throw several dozen errors in the process. None of those errors matter, so just hit Yes To All every time it pops up.

10) once everything is done loading, hit the save button and close. You don't need to edit anything, the program automatically did it all for you.

And with those 10 steps, you should now have a successfully converted version of the custom vampire lord mod, and then we can all wait patiently together while Silvist works his magic and makes it better :)

Awesome tutorial, thanks. Worked great.

The only issue I have after doing this, is when my vamp lord follower turns into a vamp lord, her face has the darked out bug. but everything else looks great, even her hair, just her head is dark. Then she is fine looking when she turns back to human form.

The only issue I have after doing this, is when my vamp lord follower turns into a vamp lord, her face has the darked out bug. but everything else looks great, even her hair, just her head is dark. Then she is fine looking when she turns back to human form.

Dark face bug. Long-standing problem with Skyrim. Happens when there's a texture or mesh mismatch of some kind. I'm not 100% on the way Skyrim handles facegen, but my initial thought is that the transformation is set to generate a face based on a certain set of parameters, and the facegendata of the follower doesn't contain all of those parameters. A quick google search suggests you should press Ctrl-F4 to export the facegendata, but I have no idea when/under what context that should be done. (In-game? With the console open and the follower in human form selected? With the console open and the follower in vamplord form selected? In the CK?)

You can also try opening the esp in the CK again, going to the vamplord race, and disabling the facegen flag. That might solve it, or it might cause even more black faces. You never know until you try. I'd try for you, but I can't recreate the problem.

Note: If you're gonna try Ctrl-F4, make sure you hit Ctrl and not Alt. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I find a quick fix for the dark face bug which doesn't really solve the problem but makes it go away temprarily is to edit the npc weight with the console (click on the NPC then type setnpcweight ##), this resets something which makes the face retexture back to what it hopefully should be. Hope this helps :)

Dark face bug. Long-standing problem with Skyrim. Happens when there's a texture or mesh mismatch of some kind. I'm not 100% on the way Skyrim handles facegen, but my initial thought is that the transformation is set to generate a face based on a certain set of parameters, and the facegendata of the follower doesn't contain all of those parameters. A quick google search suggests you should press Ctrl-F4 to export the facegendata, but I have no idea when/under what context that should be done. (In-game? With the console open and the follower in human form selected? With the console open and the follower in vamplord form selected? In the CK?)

You can also try opening the esp in the CK again, going to the vamplord race, and disabling the facegen flag. That might solve it, or it might cause even more black faces. You never know until you try. I'd try for you, but I can't recreate the problem.

Note: If you're gonna try Ctrl-F4, make sure you hit Ctrl and not Alt. ;)

It should be open the esp in CK, and then inside CK do the Ctl-F4 to generate the head nif and face dds files for the npc's of that esp.

Doing Ctl-F4 in game will not solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

@Mistle - Lol, I know how you feel.  That's the entire reason I made this project when Dawnguard first came out.  Sadly I just started up my next class semester, so It'll be a bit before I can get everything in order.  It would probably be much faster if I didn't have to rely on xedit over the CK.  The CK still crashes if I'm in a session for to much extended time.  Xedit at least shows me very quickly the modifications I've done, instead of searching for the retarded "0*" that the CK uses to note changes with.

I'm still patiently waiting. Put my Vampire play through on hold until this releases. @Mistle - However in the meantime... Someone ported over the Sexy Vampire Transformation which I think still has the same old animations but at least looks better if that is your only concern.

Me, I want to keep waiting for this amazing piece of work. I've tried messing around with it myself but always end up with a broken character or stuck in first person with my eyes at feet level.

Uhh... hello everyone, a bit of time ago i've tried to install this mod on SSE using this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/? to convert the animations, and was satisfied with the results since it was playable (except for small body texture bug), but then I saw the updates our steemed Silvist is doing, damn, I think cant play anymore lol, this new mod will be amazing ! So.... wishing you good luck on your studies and the mod creation, i'm also struggling with college and can only play on vacations
(sorry bad english)

• 1 month later...