Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Moving Oblivion from laptop to PC CTD loading save + not rendering textures/objects

Best Answer fejeena , 29 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

I'm sure you have installed the game.

Copy from laptop to PC. ( not the my games\Oblvion folder )

Then you install Oblivion , Shivering isle and  1.2.0416 Patch ( Other DLCs  you must not install again )

Then  you start the game, choose your settings, resolution, HDR or Bloom....., quit the game, make your ini changes.

That worked as I switched from Win XP to Win 7 and new hard drive. ( only in the Mod manager all OMods were marked as not installed )

Edit:

The same I do when windows is totally messed up ( after some virus trojan attacks and no repair tool/function can fix all remaining bugs) I delete whole C ( format C ), new Windows installation, then Oblivion,SI,Patch installed and all works fine. That's why I never install Oblivion in C and also mygames\Oblivion\Saves  not in C ( nothing but Windows in C )

Even if windows is totally broken and I can not start the PC I can start the bios and delete whole C and install windows again. Nothing lost.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nepro

Nepro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

For some reason the mod setup works on laptop but doesn't on PC. I copied and pasted everything from entire root directory where Oblivion.exe is located. I also copied Bash Installers folders and it show neatly in Wrye Bash everything suppose to run and nothing is missing.

I tried using both newly generated Oblivion.ini and the old from laptop both of them will make my save loading crash. I even used BethINI utility but it didn't solve the problem.

I notice that I can load a save by not using OBSE loader but the game will then CTD after clicking through series of warning messages I did not run game through OBSE.

Active Mod Files:

Spoiler

This is OBSE log:

Spoiler

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

fejeena

fejeena

Master of V.R.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts
✓  Best Answer

Then you install Oblivion , Shivering isle and  1.2.0416 Patch ( Other DLCs  you must not install again )

Then  you start the game, choose your settings, resolution, HDR or Bloom....., quit the game, make your ini changes.

That worked as I switched from Win XP to Win 7 and new hard drive. ( only in the Mod manager all OMods were marked as not installed )

Edit:

The same I do when windows is totally messed up ( after some virus trojan attacks and no repair tool/function can fix all remaining bugs) I delete whole C ( format C ), new Windows installation, then Oblivion,SI,Patch installed and all works fine. That's why I never install Oblivion in C and also mygames\Oblivion\Saves  not in C ( nothing but Windows in C )

Even if windows is totally broken and I can not start the PC I can start the bios and delete whole C and install windows again. Nothing lost.

Nepro

Nepro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Edit:

Thank you. This helped. I made a new partion since I only had C disk. I copied Oblivion directory into new partion and game is loading save games without the problems even when I didn't installed Oblivion yet. I did install Oblivion and SI (GOTY edition) just like you suggested over the copied Oblivion directory.

I however encountered a new problem. It looks like I have some problems with drivers or something.

http://imgur.com/a/R9OlV

The FPS also drops to 10~20 from 60.

Bain Packages:

Spoiler

List of OBSE plugins starts from 311.

My specs:

i7-4960X

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

fejeena

fejeena

Master of V.R.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

You installed the Game , so it is "bound" to windows and the drivers.

Delete the Oblivion esp  and other files(ini) in the myGames\Oblivion folder? so the game create a neu one.

Start it once with Oblivion exe ( not OBSE ).

And your clothes looks like missing textures ( only normal map, then it is black.  No texture at all = purple.  And Texture but no normal map = crash )

Check you Oblivion  bsa time stamps. Mayde de date changed because you copied the files. All vanilla Oblivion bsa files must have date 2006-01-01.

Read my yellow Link

Penis/Breast stretching

in the spoiler , at the end

Nepro

Nepro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

You installed the Game , so it is "bound" to windows and the drivers.

Delete the Oblivion esp  and other files(ini) in the myGames\Oblivion folder? so the game create a neu one.

Start it once with Oblivion exe ( not OBSE ).

And your clothes looks like missing textures ( only normal map, then it is black.  No texture at all = purple.  And Texture but no normal map = crash )

Check you Oblivion  bsa time stamps. Mayde de date changed because you copied the files. All vanilla Oblivion bsa files must have date 2006-01-01.

Read my yellow Link

Penis/Breast stretching

in the spoiler , at the end

I tried to archive invalidate but it doesn't work. I play for like 2-3 minutes and then everything breaks like in images I posted. I also rested the date of Oblivion bsa-s files as instructed.

fejeena

fejeena

Master of V.R.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Shit....Then I do not know. Sorry.

Nepro

Nepro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Hooray.  I  we did it somehow. :D

I removed OBGE and noticed iPreloadSizeLimit in the Oblivion.ini was set to negative value so I set it to 104857600 like the author of Oblivion Reloaded recommends.

I also set customized pagefile from mini value of 1000 to 4000 MB max on both disks. I also disabled Oblivion Stutter Remover Heap and used MoreHeap from shademe setting it DefaultHeapSize=768. Then I ran 4GB patch on Oblivion.exe and obse_loader.exe.

Removing OBGE seemed to fix that issue of not rendering objects/missing texture maps.

I played 1 hr without the issues with FPS in average of 40-60.