[Sims 3] Teen vulva much more detailed than young adult with same skin

Moonglade

Hi, all

I moved this here so as not to hijack The Master's Animations thread.

MurderPrincess said:

Perhaps this skin will please you.

http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post/137273135579/primer-hd-skin-for-all-ages-baby-elder-this-is

Here are pictures of genitals details.

th_Screenshot-204.jpg

th_Screenshot-205.jpg

Thanks for these, but I've downloaded and installed this skin as a default and I don't get the same level of detail on the female genitalia.  Any advice on settings options or minimum spec you can give would be great, thanks :)

x

same here :/

I think I'm on to something here :)

I've installed the skin from the link above ( http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post/137273135579/primer-hd-skin-for-all-ages-baby-elder-this-is ) and I've just realised that the same skin on a female teen produces a much more detailed vulva/genital area than it does for a female young adult because the naked bottoms (and tops) are slightly different for teens and adults in my setup,,,, probably has something to do with the CMAR packages I've got installed, I'll have to check. 

Anywho, I did a little experiment with Agnes Crumplebottom. I got her hot n heavy as an adult with the above UHD skin and screen-capped her, then I took her into CAS and made her a teen and chose a teen 'bottom n top' for her, took her back to the bed and screen-capped her again - you can see the difference in the caps below. The teen vulva (screencap 2) is much better detailed than the adult one (screencap 1) using the same skin.  The 3rd screen-cap below is the same skin, but two different/available naked clothing bottoms together for comparison (a couple of my sims helped out without me asking ;)  )

Edit to add : I checked my files and I can't see anything to account for the difference :(  Can anyone help me out as to what I might need to have the same detailed vulva on a young adult sim with this skin? I already use YRL by Buhudain

Thanks

x

post-589546-0-50229600-1477776681_thumb.jpg

post-589546-0-67270500-1477776706_thumb.jpg

post-589546-0-15904700-1477776729_thumb.jpg

The vulva textures are actually identical for teens and adults. I don't think there's anything wrong with your setup. What you're seeing is actually a slightly stretched mesh/UV map area for teens. I personally use Gecko's body replacements (that's what's pictured in the screenshots for that skin on my blog), and the vaginal area of just about every skin texture looks better with them because of the meshed detail. That being said, the vulva on Primer is...kind of Maxis Match? It's not super detailed, I think I focused more on removing seams (just about every skin has 'em down there...I can't think of a publicly available skin with super detailed female genitals. It's a really difficult area to texture.) and having it work across multiple body mesh replacements. Anyway, I would definitely recommend at least trying out Gecko's meshes if you haven't. The vulva also looks better than EA's on MedBod and Chisami's BobbyTH edits.

In my skin experimentation over the past several months, I've textured a lot of vag - and I think I've made some improvements in getting a lot more detail down there. ;) My apologies, because Primer looks pretty blah in comparison.

The vulva textures are actually identical for teens and adults. I don't think there's anything wrong with your setup. What you're seeing is actually a slightly stretched mesh/UV map area for teens. I personally use Gecko's body replacements (that's what's pictured in the screenshots for that skin on my blog), and the vaginal area of just about every skin texture looks better with them because of the meshed detail. That being said, the vulva on Primer is...kind of Maxis Match? It's not super detailed, I think I focused more on removing seams (just about every skin has 'em down there...I can't think of a publicly available skin with super detailed female genitals. It's a really difficult area to texture.) and having it work across multiple body mesh replacements. Anyway, I would definitely recommend at least trying out Gecko's meshes if you haven't. The vulva also looks better than EA's on MedBod and Chisami's BobbyTH edits.

In my skin experimentation over the past several months, I've textured a lot of vag - and I think I've made some improvements in getting a lot more detail down there. ;) My apologies, because Primer looks pretty blah in comparison.

Thanks so much Kurasoberina :D  I will try Gecko's meshes tonight after work.

Also, thank you so much for this beautiful skin. It really is gorgeous all over,  so  it has replaced Navatsea's "Sweet" as my fav Default skin

x

Archived