Bad news for ENB

Caelryn

According to Boris, we shouldn't expect the same amount of features for the Skyrim SE:

"Game is very similar to Fallout 4, this means i need to patch each shader manually (and game have 8000+) for every changes of per object data. The mod can't be similar to original Skyrim ENB by amount of features, it's too much hand work which is done automatically with shader recompiler in old versions (i'm using algorithms for detecting similarity in code and adaptively modify). [...] In general, same features as current Fallout 4 version have now. Maybe arameters for fire and particles. Better forget about subsurface scattering, it's under big doubt (btw, game have some buggy character lighting which changes by angle of camera). Uncertain about IBL, detailed shadows, clouds shadows - there rather not than yes."

Yea, I had a bad feeling when Boris made his first impression of it.  Though, I think its still to early to tell at this point.  Most of the people who posted in that thread are very well known ENB modders, like Kyo, Jawz, and Tanserville.  Basically I know they want as much as they can to work with, so they can make it look even better.  

I think basically the only bad news in there is subsurface scattering, which really kinda makes me sad.  But again, until I see how it looks I'll really know if its worth its weight or not. 

That's... not really bad news. It's actually kinda good news that it works at all.

What he's saying is that it will at least have the features of the FO4 ENB.

That means all kinds of lighting and color changes, anti aliasing methods, post-processing filters, SSAO/indirect lighting, etc.

The shadows of SSE itself are improved already, so detailed shadows aren't the MOST important thing anymore.

That's... not really bad news. It's actually kinda good news that it works at all.

That means all kinds of lighting and color changes, anti aliasing methods, post-processing filters, SSAO/indirect lighting, etc.

The shadows of SSE itself are improved already, so detailed shadows aren't the MOST important thing anymore.

When my char is naked I don't have blotchy shadows projecting on the chest looking like they came fresh out of super mario 64, that's all I need.

ENB won't have as large as a variety as the original Skyrim did. At most we will get simple reshades. Kinda boring tbh.

ENB won't have as large as a variety as the original Skyrim did. At most we will get simple reshades. Kinda boring tbh.

I know this is entirely subjective but after playing for about 6 hours so far with snow/mesh/mountain enhancement mods it really doesn't feel like it needs an ENB and if it did you would only really benefit from a reshade altering the mood/theme. The shadows, DOF, fog, view distance, texture load ranges and rays are perfect plus the next to no load times and 60fps with 0 mouse lag.

Purely subjective though I guess.

Let Boris do his thing, we'll have enough customization options. :)

Of course new presets have to be made, the old ones won't work in any way.

No we wont have much customization, because the current SSE lighting system. It will be like FO4 with just reshades.

Let Boris do his thing, we'll have enough customization options. :)

Of course new presets have to be made, the old ones won't work in any way.

No we wont have much customization, because the current SSE lighting system. It will be like FO4 with just reshades.

The FO4 ENB allows to change the lighting (direct and ambient), colors and add post-processing filters based on the time of day.

That's 90% of what we need. The shadows are already improved in the base game.

Literally the only things that are missing are SSS, cloud shadows and point lights.

FO4 ENB main options:

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing
UseOriginalPostProcessing
UseOriginalColorFilter
UseOriginalBloom
UseOriginalAdaptation
EnablePostPassShader
EnableDithering
EnableAdaptation
EnableBloom
EnableDepthOfField
EnableLens
EnableSSAO

What you want to do with ENB? The game is perfect already out of the box. No ENB needed and it is 200% more stable as with any ENB mod now.

That's your opinion, not everyone like vanilla appearances of things. ENBs give the ability to make the game suit your preference.

Skyrim SE is here and that all we need. Besides ICBINE 4+SKGE on the regular skyrim is better than ENB anyways when it comes to having enhancing visuals at minimal performance costs.

Maybe on weaker hardware that's the case. But on machines that can handle high performance hitting ENBs an ENB beats no ENB or ICBINE 4+SKGE.

Skyrim SE is here and that all we need. Besides ICBINE 4+SKGE on the regular skyrim is better than ENB anyways when it comes to having enhancing visuals at minimal performance costs.

Maybe on weaker hardware that's the case. But on machines that can handle high performance hitting ENBs an ENB beats no ENB or ICBINE 4+SKGE.

I do not agree. Somebody just don't care about it.

Cheers.

What you want to do with ENB? The game is perfect already out of the box. No ENB needed and it is 200% more stable as with any ENB mod now.

That's your opinion, not everyone like vanilla appearances of things. ENBs give the ability to make the game suit your preference.

The game looks good without it. Look at my configuration and I got everything on Ultra and high settings. But everybody has different preferences as I didn't hardly ever use ENB.

@Antrox - Actually Jawz apparently already found a way to solve that issue.  Albeit his method is really complex.  Basically he created a batch for xedit that pretty much turns down the lighting to minimal in all image spaces (value of 1.0).  This way you can disable AGCC without any negative repercussions. 

I'm already seeing some excellent work using Reshade 3.03. I've essentially got the tetrachromatic ENB I was running on Skyrim up and running on SSE right now, and running better than ever. This seems to be another case of unfounded fear.

Could you post some screenshots, please? I'm really interested to see how SSE looks with ENB.

When my char is naked I don't have blotchy shadows projecting on the chest looking like they came fresh out of super mario 64, that's all I need.

LMFAO dude, so true on 32bits whatever you do XD

I'm already seeing some excellent work using Reshade 3.03. I've essentially got the tetrachromatic ENB I was running on Skyrim up and running on SSE right now, and running better than ever. This seems to be another case of unfounded fear.

Could you post some screenshots, please? I'm really interested to see how SSE looks with ENB.

One of the drawbacks of Reshade is that it doesn't catch everything with the ingame screenshots and I haven't installed textures yet. SMIM just released for SSE yesterday and I haven't gotten around to slapping it in yet. It still looks pretty good though with just the volumetric lighting, better shadows and godrays though.

http://imgur.com/a/jVEK0

Archived