Poll: Who's Playing and Who's Waiting? (PC Version)

To Download SSE or Not to Download  

1,790 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downloading SSE?

• Yes! I want to play it right away!
    • No, I'm going to wait until it's been patched and/or my favorite mods work with it.
    • I'm modding it so I don't have to wait!
    • I'm reverse engineering it to make tools to mod it.
    • No, I'm sticking with Oldrim.

With all the mods out there on Nexus atm it is damn stabil and graphics is much better, even on Vanilla NPC. Every hour I check on Nexus new files and they are filling up like hell. I not want to miss SE anymore. The question is how fast all the cool mods on LL will move over there

With all the mods out there on Nexus atm it is damn stabil and graphics is much better, even on Vanilla NPC. Every hour I check on Nexus new files and they are filling up like hell. I not want to miss SE anymore. The question is how fast all the cool mods on LL will move over there

Every hour? No not even close more like every two days. There is only 390 mods right now for SSE and the majority of them dont do anything special yet.

I don't know why so many people seem to make such a fuss about this. Sure console people have a reason to be happy but i'm entirely apathetic about this issue at the moment. According to /r/skyrimmods the Special Edition is nothing but upscaled and badly compressed 1k-textures on DX11 which makes most ENBs impossible, so i don't know why i should bother.

Technically this can be a good basis for modding, it only depends how much gets ported/how many of the community show interest in it. Maybe in a few months i'll look into modding myself, maybe in a year or two i'll look into downloading other peoples mods, but right now i have absolutely no clue why anybody outside of the console-gamers make such a fuss about it.

I may also just set SSE up as a dedicated Enderal (or Skywind, if it's more than a pipe dream) install

You know what, that sounds actually like one of the few feasable applications at the moment, i haven't thought of that.

Every hour? No not even close more like every two days. There is only 390 mods right now for SSE and the majority of them dont do anything special yet.

Check "recent activities" on Nexus on a hourly base. More and more pop up. I already installed 45 mods.

I don't know why so many people seem to make such a fuss about this. Sure console people have a reason to be happy but i'm entirely apathetic about this issue at the moment. According to /r/skyrimmods the Special Edition is nothing but upscaled and badly compressed 1k-textures on DX11 which makes most ENBs impossible, so i don't know why i should bother.

Technically this can be a good basis for modding, it only depends how much gets ported/how many of the community show interest in it. Maybe in a few months i'll look into modding myself, maybe in a year or two i'll look into downloading other peoples mods, but right now i have absolutely no clue why anybody outside of the console-gamers make such a fuss about it.

I may also just set SSE up as a dedicated Enderal (or Skywind, if it's more than a pipe dream) install

You know what, that sounds actually like one of the few feasable applications at the moment, i haven't thought of that.

The mod authors that abandon original Skyrim mods are the ones we probably won't ever see on SSE like RaceMenu.

there is literally no reason to re-mod SSE

SSE benefits console users more then PC users for obvious reasons.

Right now i agree.But to be fair, the upgrade to 64bit means the game is no longer capped at 4GB Ram which makes for a much more stable base for modding. Fallout 4 is quite stable, and certainly not because Bethesda did such a great job at it - the textures in Fo4 are as badly compressed and optimized as ever.

Vanilla Skyrim really only has the advantage of its huge library of mods. If the community allows SSE to close that gap, and if we manage to overcome some hurdles like a proper Scriptextender and getting ENBs to run on DX11 it would be the better choice. So i guess maybe in a year or two it might be worth to take a look at it. I just don't see the point right now tho.

Define "play".

Have Skyrim since '13 but barely left Whiterun.  Keep adding, changing, customizing mods for that "Glorious Run".  Got close when Skyrim modding cool off after FO4 came out then lost the entire setup when upgraded to Win10.  Now I am just going to start over with SSE and probably going to end up doing the same.

I voted for playing right now, cause that's in fact what I'm doing.  I'm modding the ever living shit out of it.  I don't wait for modders to port my favorite mods, I do it myself.  Unless of course its not possible, like for all the ones that use SKSE/animations/etc (at least at this point :D).

So far I've ported ECE, racecompatibility, ygnord, and sg hair pack.  The biggest thing lacking is ENB, and all the gameplay overhauls *coughs*requiem*coughs*.  Though, as a modder myself this is the best time to do my work.  This way I'm not complaining that I'm spending to much time modding and not enough time playing.  

I'd rather polish this turd so that by the time that good stuff rolls out it'll be golden :D

I'm playing it to make sure I should move over to it to mod. My answer is yes, because of 64 bit, and also more graphical improvements.

SKSE wont come for another year. High rated mods like RaceMenu or SkyUI that you had on the original probably won't be a thing. And ENBs will be impossible.

Have fun tho.

I voted that I'm waiting for my favorites, but considering the important ones have already hit (EnaiSiaion managed to snag a CK beta), I'm off and running now. Just need SkyUI and a few minor things and I'm golden, I've converted or patched anything else that I wanted myself using SSEEdit.

SKSE wont come for another year. High rated mods like RaceMenu or SkyUI that you had on the original probably won't be a thing. And ENBs will be impossible.

Have fun tho.

I'm like 95% sure that you're wrong and SPSE (or whatever they call it) be out much sooner than you're giving it credit for due to Bethesda wanting to put in minimal effort for maximum gain and not touching the script functions, but I'm also optimistic.

Also I have no idea why you think ENBs will be impossible, it's nearly the same architecture as Fallout 4. Boris is having issues with a Visual C++ error which is entirely unrelated to Skyrim SE, so we'll see how that goes.

Going to wait, can't play without a proper ENB, HD textures, CBBE body, NSK13's armors, SkyUI, immersive armors, immersive weapons and so on :P

That is how I felt!

Plus, since I had been busy in FO4 for so long, I haven't played Skyrim in over a year.  Thus, I could not even tell the difference when I started playing the special edition.

i'm waiting for some good mods to be made available. I did play it until getting to Whiterun and whilst it's an improvement over the original I am rather actually dissapointed. Yeah sure I know it's free but still. It was not what I was expecting. 

Things that I was under the impression would be happening other then a internal ENB especially when they said it was basically Skyrim modded to the F04 Engine. 

1. Fallout 4 style characters and animation quality. 

2. Improved character creation with better textures and models. 

They at a minimum should have made either FO4 or original Skyrim mods usable without hassle

Archived