do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original & how long would it take?

SSE replacing classic Skyrim would be bad for me. I'd be very annoyed at having to go through the hassle of upgrading my PC for the same basic game I already bought five years ago. Hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to reduce division in the community by making some kind of graphics downgrade mod for SSE, to bring its requirements down to those of classic Skyrim. That way, everyone can take advantage of the technical improvements even if they can't use the graphical ones.

SSE replacing classic Skyrim would be bad for me. I'd be very annoyed at having to go through the hassle of upgrading my PC for the same basic game I already bought five years ago. Hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to reduce division in the community by making some kind of graphics downgrade mod for SSE, to bring its requirements down to those of classic Skyrim. That way, everyone can take advantage of the technical improvements even if they can't use the graphical ones.

There are already several texture optimization mods up on nexus, most state that they are in their respective test / beta versions, but those alone already kinda help achieve what you are looking for.

I have a beast rig at the moment which so far runs SSE very solid, but, I will quit and wait. Just too much stuff missing at this point for me and I'll keep checking and come back to it later.

Also, speaking of low system requirements, if I was on my old rig I would be on a GPU with 2 GB of VRAM, and though I haven't tested it, I'm willing to bet that with toned down options I could run SSE much more stable (at least the base game + dawnguard, dragon and hearthfire) then the 32 bit version.

I'm happily moving over to SSE.  I can finally use Open Cities without lagging all to hell when getting even within site of Whiterun.  I'm using SkyUI 2.2, which, despite the missing SKSE warning in the inventory screen, is still orders of magnitude better than the default UI.

I've decided to stream my SSE play through, so i'm leaving the adult oriented mods out of it, saving those for my 32 bit install.

hummm.....

remodded my skyrim from zero no way

i have stable beautifull skyrim , maybe after 1 year when other skyim

and the real thing

all time skyrim is ported from console to pc

2011 -xbox 360 to pc

2016 xbox one to pc ???? no real pc version ( am not happy with enbale mod in main menu just like console)

if they make skyim for pc with all thing (enb ...mods ) the console will be wierd and no one will buy this things

is only and still for money ...............

I don't care that SSE has been published for more money for Bethesda. I care about this: I love the flow of SSE, or smoothnes or how to say it. Just a few immersion creating mods like Frostfall or iNeed (and USSEP) for my first ever playtrough, as right now I don't have the urge to test that mod...and that one...and....never play properly. I loved testing the sex mods...but I am not going to install Skyrim 2011 for that, I rather wait and expect to get amazed in future.

As for F4, main problem IMO is the game is not an RPG, but a FPS with RPG element and too much story driven dialogue with PC voice.

i agree with @Antrox, you are dreaming big Oo,

don't get it wrong, i have both, 32 bit really heavy modded ,  SSE and a rig who can handle it even if one day it's heavy modded, BUT,

Skyrim was a phenomenon back in 2011, the hype was huge at the time, we have high expectations, it has won every single award in the world but it takes 5 yrs, 5, to get where we are today with the 32 bit version, do you really think there will be the same passion for this game? don't think so.

Enb?, Boris already said that he is looking into it, but if it's not popular as it was, he won't spend the same amount of time in it because he must start again from scratch and from from what he has found, it's gonna be huge.

Skse, they are looking into it, but is it really necessary? it was , is it still?

Skyui author says that he is done with Skyrim and if someone enough skilled would take over ,be his guest.

and so on.

the worst was a video by Hodilton, who is running a beast, starting Vanilla SkyrimSE , with 50 fps+ Throughout Helgen, there is a workaround since, but still, Bethesda have stated they wanted the consol's owner to have at least 30 Fps on a Vanilla Skyrim..

will it take 5 more years to get a amazing 64 bit version as a 32 can be today, even those who are blessing Beth today will be out since a long time 

@@

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of projects to make migrating mods to S'16 as easy as possible, or a compatibility layer/wrapper to allow S'11 mods to work in S'16.

I don't think it'll be very controversial when it happens; it'll just be like "hey, we recommend using SSE from now on, because SomeRandomPerson's SSEPatch tool can import all of your S'11 mods, and it won't OOM as often."

i agree with @Antrox, you are dreaming big Oo,

don't get it wrong, i have both, 32 bit really heavy modded ,  SSE and a rig who can handle it even if one day it's heavy modded, BUT,

Skyrim was a phenomenon back in 2011, the hype was huge at the time, we have high expectations, it has won every single award in the world but it takes 5 yrs, 5, to get where we are today with the 32 bit version, do you really think there will be the same passion for this game? don't think so.

Enb?, Boris already said that he is looking into it, but if it's not popular as it was, he won't spend the same amount of time in it because he must start again from scratch and from from what he has found, it's gonna be huge.

Skse, they are looking into it, but is it really necessary? it was , is it still?

Skyui author says that he is done with Skyrim and if someone enough skilled would take over ,be his guest.

and so on.

the worst was a video by Hodilton, who is running a beast, starting Vanilla SkyrimSE , with 50 fps+ Throughout Helgen, there is a workaround since, but still, Bethesda have stated they wanted the consol's owner to have at least 30 Fps on a Vanilla Skyrim..

will it take 5 more years to get a amazing 64 bit version as a 32 can be today, even those who are blessing Beth today will be out since a long time 

@@

This is kinda exactly my point. If its going to take 5 years to get where the Original Skyrim was then its pretty much a lost cause to begin with for obvious reasons too.

hummm.....

remodded my skyrim from zero no way

Yeah, no thank you. I agree with you completely. Did that already years ago.  Just seems like a waste of time and effort when it's all been done already.

While it is probably not all too difficult to port some mods over, it feels rather stale with SSE. I had my fun and fill with original Skyrim. 

This is kinda exactly my point. If its going to take 5 years to get where the Original Skyrim was then its pretty much a lost cause to begin with for obvious reasons too.

But it won't take 5 years. At most, maybe one if the authors come back or give other modders the reins of their mods. SKSE is the only thing needed for those bigger mods. The changes from 2011 Skyrim to 2016 Skyrim shouldn't be too much for the SKSE team to handle. Besides, in 5 years, there are a lot of good mods out. However, a lot of them stopped being developed for a year or more. In 5 years, the majority of mods that make it to the front page or either 4k retextures for items, shallow followers that you can find in the Bannered Mare of Whiterun, and skimpy armors. In fact, there are currently 3 of those followers on the front page now! I'm sure the mods we all want will be ported over to the SE soon.

But it won't take 5 years. At most, maybe one if the authors come back or give other modders the reins of their mods. SKSE is the only thing needed for those bigger mods. The changes from 2011 Skyrim to 2016 Skyrim shouldn't be too much for the SKSE team to handle. Besides, in 5 years, there are a lot of good mods out. However, a lot of them stopped being developed for a year or more. In 5 years, the majority of mods that make it to the front page or either 4k retextures for items, shallow followers that you can find in the Bannered Mare of Whiterun, and skimpy armors. In fact, there are currently 3 of those followers on the front page now! I'm sure the mods we all want will be ported over to the SE soon.

You dont get the point do you? For SSE to get to the point the original Skyrim has gotten will take a lot of time. Which is why i said it before and I'll say it again; It's a lost cause.

So then why are the SKSE dev's bothering to do all that work if its such a waste of time ?

5 years? In just one week, SSE got more advanced than Oldrim in two years. Remember what Oldrim was like in 2012/13? No enb, no advanced mods whatsoever, just texture and animation replacers. Speaking of ENB, why the hell do you want an ENB for SSE? SSE already has built in a lot of stuff what ENB does, just need to find a way to tweak shaders and lighting without bruteforce hacking the directx. SKYUI? People will make it's own UI for SSE, with blackjack and hookers. FNIS 7 and SKSE64 are already being worked on. And it won't take 5 years to get SKSE64 to the same level as SKSE. A year tops.

5 years? In just one week, SSE got more advanced than Oldrim in two years. Remember what Oldrim was like in 2012/13? No enb, no advanced mods whatsoever, just texture and animation replacers. Speaking of ENB, why the hell do you want an ENB for SSE? SSE already has built in a lot of stuff what ENB does, just need to find a way to tweak shaders and lighting without bruteforce hacking the directx. SKYUI? People will make it's own UI for SSE, with blackjack and hookers. FNIS 7 and SKSE64 are already being worked on. And it won't take 5 years to get SKSE64 to the same level as SKSE. A year tops.

I imagine it's going to come down to how hard it is to convert script based mods to SE, animations can be batch converted in seconds at the press of a button so that won't be an issue, if the scripts need to be rewritten I can see that being a colossal effort. If the scripts remain usable though then the current time limit to catch up is pretty much tied to however long it takes to create SKSE64.

It will happen and it will do so very fast indeed..1 week after release we even have bouncing tiddeys, mod organizer and ck..fallout 4 modding can only dream about hahaha.. most of the endorsed mods are ported..skse will follow in a few weeks..somebody will care about fnis I'm sure lol

It will happen and it will do so very fast indeed..1 week after release we even have bouncing tiddeys, mod organizer and ck..fallout 4 modding can only dream about hahaha.. most of the endorsed mods are ported..skse will follow in a few weeks..somebody will care about fnis I'm sure lol

While I agree with your sentiment I think SKSE64 in a few weeks is very optimistic.

Not really seeing a huge difference between the two versions. My set up for original is pretty stable so maybe a few years down the road I would probably switch.

Hopefully there will be a new Elder Scrolls game in the works by then and I can just think of Skyrim as a fond memory.

If you want to see changes ckeck memory allocation.. more ressources, more possibilities.. it's 1+1

For new tes games, it went back the mountain since morrowind..now look fo4 and then think again about tes6..go take shovel and dig grave hahah

AFAIK, scripts are (except SKSE) no problém - the Papyrus engine is more close to Skyrim then to F4 (I believe precisely so that the porting of mods will be easier). There are quite some scripted mods out there - iNeed, Frostfal... there problems were not because of the scripts, but because of SKSE and MCM.

I imagine it's going to come down to how hard it is to convert script based mods to SE, animations can be batch converted in seconds at the press of a button so that won't be an issue, if the scripts need to be rewritten I can see that being a colossal effort. If the scripts remain usable though then the current time limit to catch up is pretty much tied to however long it takes to create SKSE64.

Not really seeing a huge difference between the two versions. My set up for original is pretty stable so maybe a few years down the road I would probably switch.

Hopefully there will be a new Elder Scrolls game in the works by then and I can just think of Skyrim as a fond memory.

If you want to see changes ckeck memory allocation.. more ressources, more possibilities.. it's 1+1

For new tes games, it went back the mountain since morrowind..now look fo4 and then think again about tes6..go take shovel and dig grave hahah

Except I do not play games for the  tech stuff. When it comes down to it ,it`s still Skyrim. And I`m sure what you say is true just not enough there

for me to ditch what I have got going now . In 6 months or so maybe it will be.

1 Week? What are you fucking nuts?!?

I've been following this topic a lot on this site, kind of lurking around. I do have to agree with a certain someone that you guys expect way to much out of mod authors. You think moving to SSE will a damn breeze but really it won't. Then you continuously say that you want all mod authors to move to SSE, yet already half of them basically said "go fuck yourself". I don't mean to burst your bubble but you guys really shouldn't be expecting much out of SSE mods and this whole kinda ridiculous movement. Like many others I will be staying with my "Oldrim" because I'm not about to wait for all of my 150+ mods to be moved to SSE and then basically re-download every single one of them as if I was starting over...

I kinda feel bad for the character creators tbh too. They'll probably never be able to get their awesome characters to SSE because of the lack of components needed to do so. And without things like SkyUI and most likely RaceMenu it makes things all of the more difficult.

Old piece of shit 32 bit Skyrim. I love you to death, but my PC telling me we deserve better treatment. Out with the old, in with the new.  :lol:  I give one year or two couple months. :ph34r:

Night and day difference on those load times with the computer actually being able to flex without breaking the game. 

The only thing I hate about Oldrim is that it start-ups way too long ( even on SSD ) , and you have to use gimmicks like coc qasmoke from main menu -> load save.

I will still use 32bit version until we get decent ENB by boris, skse, mcm out. So most likely it will die out after a year completely.

Archived