do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original & how long would it take?

SkyUI works with SE out of the box. It has reduced functionality due to the missing SKSE but it won't cause crashing. Seeing this makes me think that once the script extender is available, probably within a month or two at the outside, full on SkyUI will follow close behind.

And there's a lot more to it than increased stability. Have you even looked at the change to how water flows? It's not just a texture change. Roofs and archways actually occlude weather now as well so Real Shelters is obsolete. There are significant changes that will make mods easier and capable of far more depth going forward.

For me it will 100% replace once skse and fnis work properly.

Hopefully not all too long. :)

Maybe fnis works already? I just came home from work and didn't even test the game yet. xD

It's going to take a long time. SKSE team said it could take as long as FO4. This is not surprising as Expired had made a reddit post previously talking about how they will take to find and validate all the memory addresses again due to the switch to 64-bit.

As for FNIS... isn't fore retired?

As much as I'd like to switch to SSE for the improved stability, until SKSE64 is done I don't see myself making that switch. Simply too many mods that need SKSE (RaceMenu being one of them).

To be honest, its always good that there is improvement on things that became very popular.

Its our choice if we want to have additional better version of the game or not.

In my opinion there will be lots of people who will buy the game and play it, but then the mystery is if modders will bother themselves to remake their entire mods they worked on for the original version...

If there arent enough mods to have the new version compared to the old one, then it wont survive like the original. But it does, it will take lots of time since its a whole new engine and by that time the next Elder Scrolls game will be released...

I personally will stick to the original solely for the reason that i have modded the game to have 254-255 running mods and perfectly stable and optimised for over 4 years now, although im happy with Skyrim as it is vanilla as it is a great game and having a new pc, there are some small mods i installed that i have no idea or track of and that means allot to me even the tinniest modification matters to me so im sticking to my old trusty version.

Bethesda should make a modder's wing staff and hire some of the most used mod authors for implementing their system to work better and easier together, they dont have to but it would be nice to have a new version of the game to be supported for what made it really sweet.

Maybe fnis works already? I just came home from work and didn't even test the game yet. xD

It's going to take a long time. SKSE team said it could take as long as FO4. This is not surprising as Expired had made a reddit post previously talking about how they will take to find and validate all the memory addresses again due to the switch to 64-bit.

As much as I'd like to switch to SSE for the improved stability, until SKSE64 is done I don't see myself making that switch. Simply too many mods that need SKSE (RaceMenu being one of them).

Fore posted somewhere on LL after SSE unlocks that not only it is feasible but the amount of works needed to port FNIS may be acceptable so there is likely going to be a FNIS 7 for SSE.

It'll replace 32bit.  After playing around in 64bit, and able to run the Vanilla game in 4k at 60fps it's got to.  There's no way people will want to keep 32bit once the 'necessary' mods for 64bit are available.  32bit was limited so much and performed like garbage (yes I couldn't even run vanilla 32bit at 4k).

It'll also be a opportunity to leave a bunch of older Skyrim mods that created performance problems behind, aka BBP,TBBP,HDT PE, and numerous other 32bit mods that live on that people keep using even though they kill fps or create CTDs.

Fore posted somewhere on LL after SSE unlocks that not only it is feasible but the amount of works needed to port FNIS may be acceptable so there is likely going to be a FNIS 7 for SSE.

That's good news. I'm curious how animations will be handled. I read that the hkx animation files need to be converted to 64-bit. The plugin for that isn't out but supposedly the CK has a converter. Wonder if fore found a way to extract the CK converter to use with FNIS64.

It'll also be a opportunity to leave a bunch of older Skyrim mods that created performance problems behind, aka BBP,TBBP,HDT PE, and numerous other 32bit mods that live on that people keep using even though they kill fps or create CTDs.

Excuse me? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are bad mods an unnecessary.

It's not I don't like them, just there's better/newer alternatives.  HDT SMP for example.

HDT what? I didn't see that anywhere listed as requirement for armor mods or as standalone.

because even though HDT-SMP was technically and performance wise a better option... BBP TBBP and the original HDT-PE had become -such- a community standard... people just stuck with it.

As far as I know, HDT-SMP only really became a "thing" last year... I believe there was a guide forum post put on here and Nexus.

Lol once again this damn community wants to be divided by a game that won't get to the level of the original Skyrim until probably a new elderscrolls. You guys expect EVERYONE to convert their mods; don't be as ignorant as to even think such an idiotic thing. Not everyone will.

Stupid if you ask me. I said in previous threads that if I cant transfer my characters Im not switching. And so far from what mod authors are still activate and who abandoned us already, things like RaceMenu will never happen.

Lol once again this damn community wants to be divided by a game that won't get to the level of the original Skyrim until probably a new elderscrolls. You guys expect EVERYONE to convert their mods; don't be as ignorant as to even think such an idiotic thing. Not everyone will.

Stupid if you ask me. I said in previous threads that if I cant transfer my characters Im not switching. And so far from what mod authors are still activate and who abandoned us already, things like RaceMenu will never happen.

I've casually watched your posts over the topics here... I must say for someone so adamant that you will "never" switch... you certainly are vocal and interested in SSE enough to voice those opinions.

No one -wants- to be divided... but plenty of us do embrace progress. However, I haven't really seen anyone calling people who want to stay on 32 bit idiotic or such things.

I don't think anyone expects -every- mod to be converted... but its fair to believe, based on what the content creators have said, that MOST of the important things will be.

If some of us are okay with that, and are happy to move over entirely to SSE, bully for us.... if some people aren't, and are happy to remain on the 2011 engine... Jolly good for all of you.... Its not a crime to be in one camp or the other.... but a small sect of you seem to believe you are special bloody snowflakes that feel the absolute need to voice your discontent at other peoples enjoyments.

I literally cannot stop projecting

Uh, you do realize several of the bigger mods i.e: frostfall, Ordinator are already ported over, right? as people have said, stuff's being worked on, I'll be surprised if it takes longer than 6 months to get SKSE-SE and FNIS 7.0 up and onto SSE, which lets be honest, is way more efficient, memory-wise.

I've casually watched your posts over the topics here... I must say for someone so adamant that you will "never" switch... you certainly are vocal and interested in SSE enough to voice those opinions.

No one -wants- to be divided... but plenty of us do embrace progress. However, I haven't really seen anyone calling people who want to stay on 32 bit idiotic or such things.

I don't think anyone expects -every- mod to be converted... but its fair to believe, based on what the content creators have said, that MOST of the important things will be.

If some of us are okay with that, and are happy to move over entirely to SSE, bully for us.... if some people aren't, and are happy to remain on the 2011 engine... Jolly good for all of you.... Its not a crime to be in one camp or the other.... but a small sect of you seem to believe you are special bloody snowflakes that feel the absolute need to voice your discontent at other peoples enjoyments.

You certainty did not get what I was saying did you? Sad. I'd rather not waste my time with someone like you who likes to blind themselves with ignorance. Way to mix my words like fucking cake batter...

All you have to do is look back a page and then you'll understand my point and why I said it in the first place. Don't know what the fuck is so hard about that...

You're wrong on many different levels.

You certainty did not get what I was saying did you? Sad. I'd rather not waste my time with someone like you who likes to blind themselves with ignorance. Way to mix my words like fucking cake batter...

All you have to do is look back a page and then you'll understand my point and why I said it in the first place. Don't know what the fuck is so hard about that...

I think so to, its like what happened when FO4 came out everyone divided really.

For console players yea, but if you're a PC player with a bomb ass looking skyrim then no you are probably going to stick with your nice ass looking skyrim. (like me) !

TBH the only reason to me for SSE to even have been made was for people who couldn't have mods and were stuck with a crappy looking skyrim for years and now they finally get to have a chance to have a nice looking skyrim like PC players and get the chance to play some of the mod quest we got.

Though i will get skyrim remastered on Xbox one when i get one but that will be years down the line. (I already have it one PC but it lags a bit and i'm not feeling it.)

Your point on the last page was that SSE will never ever replace the original for PCs, only for Consoles... thats a fantastic opinion, I'm glad you have one.

However, here, and in other threads... You're stalwalt statements that SSE can never be good because of your assumption that Racemenu will never work and this mod will never work and that mod will never work... ASSUMPTIONS, might I stress... is far from being misconstrued.

People who believe SSE will replace a full modded 32 bit system are "ignorant" and being "idiotic"... and that the notion that SSE will surpass Original Skyrim is "Stupid".... YOUR words... and yet, obviously I am ignorant, and mixing your words?

You, like several others, are fearing the worst and projecting your doubts upon everyone else... and people who don't agree? Well, they are just ignorant and idiotic... thats what I've taken from the posts.

Do enlighten me, if I am wrong... but I am reading it how it is put out, there is no between the lines that I can see.

Using big words on a site like this? Really?

Fine, you know what? You have fun with SSE see how far it goes and how long it will take to get at the level the original is at now, since you clearly love to defend this (for some) money grabbing trash so much. No one is stopping you.

Can't wait to find out if it'll just end up like it did with F04.

My point is... why is it an affront if we -do- enjoy it? You like to remain on the 32 bit.... and everyone is fine with that, hell most of us accept that we will ALL have the 32 bit installed for some time to come.... but you lowered to the point of insulting the people who do have faith in the product... There is an old adage... if you do not have something nice to say, don't say anything at all... that could be put to use here.

Its cool that you will keep your old loadouts and stuff, its cool that you won't switch, I whole heartedly have no problems with that mindset or choice... just, for the love of betsy... let those in this subforum... you know, the one ABOUT SSE.... enjoy SSE and enjoy talking about it without calling them stupid for having faith, just or misplaced faith... but faith non the less.

This is the last I have to say on the subject, Peace out... and enjoy Skyrim, be it new, old, or somewhere in between.... oh... and Happy Halloween... almost ^.^

I really recommend not making so many assumptions on the porting of mods until it's time to do it. Just because the original author doesn't mod anymore doesn't mean they will refuse that some one ports their mod.

Porting a majority of mods will probably only require a quick recompile, which might be incredibly easy in the new Ck or it might not. Along with that some systems of old mods might be redundant as the update provides a better alternative.

The gaming industry and its communities is so unpredictable that making assumptions at this point is really pointless.

If you like the special edition play that. If you like the old one play that. And respect players and modders who choose the opposite. 

Also you can always help your community, by porting the mods you love or make new ones for the game you prefer.

Honestly with the amount of time I've put into Skyrim, Literally thousands of hours offline and hundreds when I bothered to boot steam.

I wont even play SSE until at least the majority of the mods I use in every single playthrough are working, Otherwise I just can't play any more Skyrim that crashes or bugs out no matter how well your load order or set up is.

Its wearing on my soul.

It'll replace it, so long as the big mods are converted. I'm surprised at how many different mods have already been ported over so quickly. It won't (hopefully) go the Fallout 4 direction. With 21 pages of good unique mods, I'm thinking it won't. I mean, the first mods for Fallout 4 for a while were outfit retextures, Pip-Boy retextures, and a few cheat/shortcut mods. The first days of SSE has Frostfall, Open Cities, Camping - Survival, Wet and Cold, iNeed and many more. I have hope.

Sure, our old Skyrim games may be better right now, but who wants to stay on an old system that crashes at the drop of a hat? Once those big mods are up, so will player counts. This is NOT just for consoles. Many of us use ENBoost and performance patches and took hours to configure our games. Now, it's much simpler. Open Cities, for example, causes NO slow down for me. It would on old Skyrim. Autosaving doesn't take half a year, and loading screens don't last half a decade. 60 FPS stable the entire way for me. This is GREAT. Great progression, great possibilities.

I wish there was more discussion than just "Wow, you don't know why I prefer this? Let me not tell you about it and insult you and the community!"

Archived