do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original & how long would it take?

do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original & how long would it take?

imo not really and if so at least 3 years bc the original already has everything set up

and everything going for it

Hopefully not that long but 1 or 2 years is more than reasonable to get most stuff working properly. I just hope old modders come back to port and create new mods to the 64-bit Skyrim. It feels like 2011 all over again =)

tbh

i fuckin hate that all this happen

im worried that things will be divided

like there will be skyrim 2016 exclusives that wont be there for the original which otherwise

would have been

Hopefully not that long but 1 or 2 years is more than reasonable to get most stuff working properly. I just hope old modders come back to port and create new mods to the 64-bit Skyrim. It feels like 2011 all over again =)

tbh

i fuckin hate that all this happen

im worried that things will be divided

like there will be skyrim 2016 exclusives that wont be there for the original which otherwise

would have been

Yep i wouldn't be surprised if there is gonna be some dividing in modding community at first when new mods come that might not ever run on older skyrim engine and only work in the new 64-bit environment or old mods get updates only to work in the new skyrim. Its gonna take a lot of effort and rework from the modders to redo all the stuff and in the worst case scenarios completely from the ground up.

All in all i really hope fast transition to the new engine because lets be honest the 32-bit is really bad with memory issues only being the tip of the iceberg.

The only mod that I can think of that would really matter in relation to this is OSEX and how the author has debated waiting for SE or not. Without certain base mods though we won't see any good mods on SE.

Mods I can think of right away...

SKYUI

RACEMENU

SKSE

SEXLAB

SOS

CBBE

ugh... unp

Without FNIS though none of that would matter anyway and fore has stated he is not making any more mods from what I remember a while back anyway so really without FNIS we are not getting any mods other than USLEEP and some lame stupid mini mods from nexus.

The only mod that I can think of that would really matter in relation to this is OSEX and how the author has debated waiting for SE or not. Without certain base mods though we won't see any good mods on SE.

Mods I can think of right away...

SKYUI

RACEMENU

SKSE

SEXLAB

SOS

CBBE

ugh... unp

Without FNIS though none of that would matter anyway and fore has stated he is not making any more mods from what I remember a while back anyway so really without FNIS we are not getting any mods other than USLEEP and some lame stupid mini mods from nexus.

Fore is actively creating a FNIS 7.0 that will support BOTH Skyrim and Skryim SE.... already in the works friend.

Ok so that leaves us at the mercy of the others mods authors then and as I recall skyui creators took a lot of heat for the paid mods thing when it happened so they might not update it just out of spite or fear if SE goes all paid mods on us. We know that SOS will be left up to another author from here but what if the original author says no they can't do it? So no sex then without penis lol and all the futa mods that use SOS penis model won't work either if they are not allowed to be used so someone from here will have to create a totally new male body with totally new textures. We still need SKSE and we don't know what the deal is with CK except still in beta. I am thinking that the old skyrim CK is working better than the new fallout 4 and SE CK.

Ok so that leaves us at the mercy of the others mods authors then and as I recall skyui creators took a lot of heat for the paid mods thing when it happened so they might not update it just out of spite or fear if SE goes all paid mods on us. We know that SOS will be left up to another author from here but what if the original author says no they can't do it? So no sex then without penis lol and all the futa mods that use SOS penis model won't work either if they are not allowed to be used so someone from here will have to create a totally new male body with totally new textures. We still need SKSE and we don't know what the deal is with CK except still in beta. I am thinking that the old skyrim CK is working better than the new fallout 4 and SE CK.

CK will be out of beta next week... so I guess we will learn more about its stability then.

SkyUI's creators are not planning to port SkyUI, but are not against someone doing the work to port it.

SOS, I have no clue about the current state of that.

I absolutely think that the Skyrim SSE should replace Skyrim Classic. It's not that I'm overwhelmed by its looks (it looks good, though), but I really enjoyed playing the game for hours with a ridiculously overpowered character because I wanted to test if the game crashes when I run through the landscape and play really fast - a guarantee to crash the old game, which I put a ridiculous effort in to make it more stable (ENBoost, Crash Fixes, hand-optimized textures, cleaned meshes, you name it). But still every now and then the classic Skyrim crashes.

I wanted to test the performance and stability of Skyrim SSE, and voila: Not a single CTD, not one stutter. Obviously not only does the 64-Bit-engine make use of more RAM, it also uses more CPU cores than the old one did.

Of course I miss SexLab and othe´r SKSE-dependent mods so very dearly. But this engine is way, *way* better than the old one. And believe me, I'm not a Beth fanboy. I don't trust them at all. Though I'm thankful that they gave away Skyrim SSE for free to the PC players who own all DLCs or the Legendary Edition of the game. Must give them that.

Modders really ought to abandon the old skyrim, the new 64bit version has stability on its side.

Everyone with Legendary gets it for free, and hopefully, modders would then focus on creating mods for a complete game, whereas several mods has special versions, or patches, depending on wether a person has all the dlc's, some dlc's or none.

by the end of 2017 currently all mods works on remaster except mods that require 3 party tools and hacks and once those tools are updated for remaster all mods will become compatible. remaster brings nice performance boost to skyrim which can really stabilize modded to hell skyrim which wasn't possible on original skyrim at all.

There is a small set of mods without which I just can't play. For instance, SkyUI. Playing without that would be painful, as each time I open the inventory I would curse the bethesda people for doing something so dumb.

I think I've read that the SkyUI creator just moved on (not because of SSE) and he personally won't port it to SkyUI BUT its possible to give the torch to some other modders who will port it to SSE.

Yeah I would love nothing more to see SE packed with every single mod ever released for classic, but a lot of modders will have just moved on with their lives. Hopefully Skyrim being Skyrim it will encourage new people to pick up where they left off. I do fear a FO4 scenario but a lot of people said the reason for FO4's next to dead modding scene was due to the let down of the game itself and not just the new challenges of the 64bit exes to work with.

Fingers crossed though, I love looking at the vanilla base of SE and imagining it with all my texture/RP/LL mods.

Of course SSE will replace old Skyrim. There is just no point in creating something new for an older platform. Once SSE gets FNIS, SKSE and SKYUI, the modding of the Old Skyrim will stop.

So not before 2018 at the very least then :P

Edit: I said that in jest but Behippo just made a statement on r/skyrimmods about it and it may genuinely take a while. According to him the amount of work required might actually exceed F4SE's.

Mods are already being ported over at a rate that is breaking the Nexus. I wouldn't expect it to take more than 6 months before you can get most of everything you had in 32 bit Skyrim. Even Ordinator and a couple of the race overhauls have already been made available and it's only been a couple days

The drama queens running the nexus will say all kinds of stuff to get more traffic and sell more ads I don't completely believe them about anything they say. I think that their huge increase won't last if SKSE and some other mods are not working in SE. Other games are coming out soon and will take up most of the attention that skyrim and fallout 4 were getting. The attention to politics will be too hard to ignore very soon and people in europe are really pissed between now and their elections next year. If somehow SKSE and some other base stuff makes it to SE then their traffic will stay high as modders may or may not convert stuff remember we still have beth.aids going on it will make a return because of SE.

I was surprised how many are already on Nexus, last night it was only a few and now it's over 16 pages.

Apachii hair supposedly works without any changes but for the ones that don't need skse then it's a recompile with the new creation kit. Loading an original save game works but it's really weird with all the mods missing, especially as it doesn't complain.

As much as this is the SE version it'll be a massive step backwards on PC until we get the favorites back or a tool we can use to convert them without having to install the CC.

The SE equivalents of SKSE, FNIS and SkyUI or their alternatives have to be developed first before we even consider the possibility of SSE replacing old Skyrim.

That is before accounting for the distinct lack of anything new in SSE other than "increased stability!!!!!1!1" that would attract modders, and I highly doubt that alone is enough to pull most people out of Skyrim-retirement...

I for one am not betting on some of the no-longer-supported niche mods I'm currently using making a return.

But hey, I don't suppose it can get worse than FO4.

Archived