• 2 months later...

when it comes to the HDT type stuff, you will have to think of it in terms like this. 

*1* How long was it till someone made that mod to work with skyrim

*2* how long did it take them to learn the code to be able to make that said mod if the code had to be learned.

*3* you may have to wait the same amount of time it took for the original HDT mod to be made for SSE at worst case after the initial requirement was needed.

*4* some mod can be converted with ease just loading it in the CK or even just updating the meshes/textures.

all of this is basically a case by case for each mod. I have been testing certain mod to see if they work for SSE and so far i get about a 40% chance mods will work as intended as long as it does not require HDT, High Heels system, or SKSE, and all the required data is in the mod package.

these things i try to keep in mind when mods are being made, converted, or originally made for SSE. to go from SSE to Oldrim is basically reverse engineering the mod they made or basically learning what NEW stuff SSE gave us that is NOT in Oldrim for a mod to function correctly as it was intended by the mod author.

some mods CAN be converted over IF the mod itself (the base part like a followers body) is already compatible with SSE, like for exmaple the mod Mour a follower mod, can be ported over to SSE but without the HDT part and the armors have to be updated as well to work without the HDT or physics stuff. like some of the mods may work that have high heels but they can't be TOO high of a heel otherwise the mod wont work. if it requires say the high heel system then there is a 95% chance it won't work unless you are adept enough at the CK to remove the HHS or the HDT part and make it a base setting instead. but some heels are just WAY to high and will not convert at all and best to avoid trying to fix that. i hope this helps people who are relatively new to modding like me.

HDT is not a question of DLL - that would really be a small problem.

The problem is the Havok version of Skyrim SE.

If I look at the source code of HDT and the development of the SKSE team - then that would not be a big effort - anyway.

But with another physics under the hood, it looks slightly different.

I have a lot of doubts as to whether Hydro wants to invest an enormous amount of time in development for SE.

There is no real reason for this either.

SMP is Bullet based, not Havok. Based in the information gathered so far, I'm expecting it to be the easiest option in terms of porting things over...

Again, I couldn't find the source anywhere. So I'm saying that based on observation alone. I'm just curious as to what hooks SMP actually uses. 

SMP is Bullet based, not Havok. Based in the information gathered so far, I'm expecting it to be the easiest option in terms of porting things over...

Again, I couldn't find the source anywhere. So I'm saying that based on observation alone. I'm just curious as to what hooks SMP actually uses. 

Not even kind of.

• 1 month later...

I've been debating the validity of swicting to SEE since befor it release. Then this weekend my kids had me set it up for them on their machine. (I've had it free from the beginning, and I set it up as an adult clean version.)

As I set it up, I put in one mod at a time. Then bigger and bigger textures. Bigger an bigger mods. Honustly I was waiting to see when it would break. Then I was trying to break it. To my surprise. Only two mods didn't work. The argonian and khijit legs. Beyond that, this things a rock.

I was shocked! Every mod I ever loved but skipped in order to free resources was running in unison.

This actually made me sad. The game is so beautiful that I wanted to play their version.

54-60 fps constant with 10 tons of bs and hard core textures running. Their rig is the same as mine. Old I-7 970s, 24 gigs of ram, SSD drives, and a single 980 Ti. This was an amazing bitter sweat experience due to the lack of hdt. Static, unrealist, solid Barbie doll tits and asses is the only issue. That and no Osex. Otherwise, it's amazing without the sex stuff. Heck that's not even completely true with Amorous Adventurers and Flower girls. I could even be happy without Osex or Sexlab if it only had hdt.

I only say all this because on the first page someone mentioned that SSE wasn't worth it and another said they were pissed behind the remix instead of new. SSE is not a waste and something Skyrims needed desperately since it's inception.

Btw. We run dual monitors and I watch the resources on the second screen; We've used only 5 gigs of ram, open cities and everthing. 64 bit allows a ram allotment of 16 Exabytes vs the 4 gigabytes 32 bit limited us all to. That 4 gig limit was split between the ram and vram so most newer cards were constantly being wasted like my own.

Just Try it. Most of us got it free from steam for owning the whole set, so just try it. Max out all the thing you ever wanted but couldn't due to CTDs. Oh, and animation conversion is a breeze with the tools they have out now.

I think honestly a large part of the current issue with the adoption of SSE as the premier platform comes from all the naysayer's. It is pretty obvious that the vast majority of the naysayer's have not invested any time into SSE, instead relying on their preconceived notions. The truth is that should those same people actually take the time to start playing in SSE their arguments will largely be refuted.

A simple way of looking at it right now, is would I rather have a rock solid stable, smooth and enjoyable gaming experience or do I want bouncing boobs and erm.. a nicer UI?

This forum is full of these people who do not even play SSE, yet feel qualified as to whether to recommend it to others or not. They believe themselves to be right, because they can't be wrong.

I say it once again, I challenge these people to actually invest some time into SSE then tell me you want to go back to oldrim? Really.. 

To give my current experience, I am no lvl 68 on my main character, I have completed all of the old world/dawnguard. I run with Vilja and Inigo and have done their questlines, I have done Helgen Reborn, Rigmor of Bruma along with just yesterday completing Maids 2 Deception. All with Open Cities, alternative start and around 200 other mods installed. I have all Amorous lovers obtained and around 100 various followers most of which have been seduced with FG. Player homes are currently 22 individual custom homes. All on the SAME SAVE. How many CTD's during all of this? None.

The above would just not be possible on oldrim. Plain and simple.

I think honestly a large part of the current issue with the adoption of SSE as the premier platform comes from all the naysayer's. It is pretty obvious that the vast majority of the naysayer's have not invested any time into SSE, instead relying on their preconceived notions. The truth is that should those same people actually take the time to start playing in SSE their arguments will largely be refuted.

A simple way of looking at it right now, is would I rather have a rock solid stable, smooth and enjoyable gaming experience or do I want bouncing boobs and erm.. a nicer UI?

This forum is full of these people who do not even play SSE, yet feel qualified as to whether to recommend it to others or not. They believe themselves to be right, because they can't be wrong.

I say it once again, I challenge these people to actually invest some time into SSE then tell me you want to go back to oldrim? Really.. 

To give my current experience, I am no lvl 68 on my main character, I have completed all of the old world/dawnguard. I run with Vilja and Inigo and have done their questlines, I have done Helgen Reborn, Rigmor of Bruma along with just yesterday completing Maids 2 Deception. All with Open Cities, alternative start and around 200 other mods installed. I have all Amorous lovers obtained and around 100 various followers most of which have been seduced with FG. Player homes are currently 22 individual custom homes. All on the SAME SAVE. How many CTD's during all of this? None.

xD stop tryharding 

My experience has been similar.  90GB of mods installed, 742 hours played so far and zero crashes outside of initial mod testing.

I had a ctd. My first. With almost the entire top 150 nexus mods I managed to find something I can't do. If I try to black out the sky with Ariels bow, I CTD. Beyond that, solid. No idea the conflict, but it's there, and so far only there.

The awsome thing is I'm running my old save file from 32 bit. It was a third of the way through ALL the quests and half way through anmourous adventurers. (Hey, it's a great story addition) I discovered if I used the script cleaner on it and all mods minus the core expansions and anmourous adventurers I could pick up where I left off in 32 bit.

Only side glitch is Seranah doesn't have her boots I put on her from the necromancer fishnet mod because they removed them due to needing the hdt high heel system. Do I have to find where the "normal" boots are to put them on it.

TBBP gives good giggle for gameplay but is nothing compaired to hdt + osa.

Next test, to see if cleaning the save the same way after finishing some more quests allows the save to be backwards compatible.

Yea we need HDT or Nio High Heels for SSE

The biggest thing SSE has is your machine at this point. What can your machine handle. Just like oldrim you've still got to optimize to your machines compatiblity, but the damn thing just works. 

Yes, we don't have HDT and SKSE64... The goal now is to see if people want to come along and start working on alternatives. I honestly think SSE should try something else from oldrim and see if it can make it even more stable. HDT had it's problems on old rim for sure, but it would be nice to see if SSE could do something different. If only we could get some new modders who want to take a crack at trying something new. 

I say see if you can follow OSA's lead and see if you can find away around the engine instead of hooking the animations into the engine itself. This way you can have constant bounce and jiggles. XD 

Yea we need HDT or Nio High Heels for SSE

The biggest thing SSE has is your machine at this point. What can your machine handle. Just like oldrim you've still got to optimize to your machines compatiblity, but the damn thing just works. 

Yes, we don't have HDT and SKSE64... The goal now is to see if people want to come along and start working on alternatives. I honestly think SSE should try something else from oldrim and see if it can make it even more stable. HDT had it's problems on old rim for sure, but it would be nice to see if SSE could do something different. If only we could get some new modders who want to take a crack at trying something new. 

I say see if you can follow OSA's lead and see if you can find away around the engine instead of hooking the animations into the engine itself. This way you can have constant bounce and jiggles. XD 

SSE will still crash just like Oldrim if you don't know what you are doing , We would be highly lucky if we got the same mods on oldrim cause the modifications would have to be built from scratch are at least rewritten and re coded.

SSE will still crash just like Oldrim if you don't know what you are doing , We would be highly lucky if we got the same mods on oldrim cause the modifications would have to be built from scratch are at least rewritten and re coded.

An order of magnitude less! That is just common sense tbh.. vastly greater system resources in which to operate, so not really at all like Oldrim is it.

If you mean HDT.. like all programming problems. The difficult part is usually the initial solving of that problem, once you know HOW to solve it.. the implementation (the code) is generally the easy part. HDT as a concept and solution has been proven in the past.. it works. The choice for HydrogenSaysHDT or anyone else that takes up the challenge, is whether to follow that formula again or try something different. HDT is not perfect, it's far from realistic but it's 1000 times better than nothing. Given time and commitment I am pretty sure that it would either be improved or a new strategy tried.

With TESVI a very long way away.. time is unlikely to be the issue.

!

Hehe, if hydro is active. Means... we may be getting HDT if SKSE64 comes out.. But that'll be up to Hydro if he wants to update it. 

she

An order of magnitude less! That is just common sense tbh.. vastly greater system resources in which to operate, so not really at all like Oldrim is it.

If you mean HDT.. like all programming problems. The difficult part is usually the initial solving of that problem, once you know HOW to solve it.. the implementation (the code) is generally the easy part. HDT as a concept and solution has been proven in the past.. it works. The choice for HydrogenSaysHDT or anyone else that takes up the challenge, is whether to follow that formula again or try something different. HDT is not perfect, it's far from realistic but it's 1000 times better than nothing. Given time and commitment I am pretty sure that it would either be improved or a new strategy tried.

No, script hitching crashes EXACTLY like Oldrim as a matter of fact in the the identical fashion and as soon as all those SKSE mods start being converted it will be the same. Riften also has all new all better crashing and stuttering just like Whiterun still does. Apparently bad navmeshes aren't DX11-proof.

64bit addressable and infinitely faster frametime leading to faster papyrus resolves are not miracle panaceas that fix bad scripting to begin with or the fact that papyrus was never a particularly robust or flexible framework to begin with.

In addition, stuff like Immersive Patrols and DSR are still as shit as they ever were, and at such time as people can add a shit ton more scripted (on) and (on state) events and clog the fuck out of papyrus and have your crammed save strings all over the place, SSE will have virtually every issue 32 does aside from cell related fuckery, and not look as good on top of that.

Neither version is a pristine paradigm of awesomeness to be fawned over.

PE will only ported if someone other than Hydro does it, she used Bullet for SMP for a reason.

No, script hitching crashes EXACTLY like Oldrim as a matter of fact in the the identical fashion and as soon as all those SKSE mods start being converted it will be the same. Riften also has all new all better crashing and stuttering just like Whiterun still does.

64bit addressable and infinitely faster frametime leading to faster papyrus resolves are not miracle panaceas that fix bad scripting to begin with or the fact that papyrus was never a particularly robust or flexible framework to begin with.

In addition, stuff like Immersive patrols and DSR are still as shit as they ever were, and at such time as people can add a shit ton more scripted (on) and (on state) events and clog the fuck or your save strings all over the place, SSE will have virtually every issue 32 does aside from cell related fuckery, and not look as good on top of that.

PE will only ported if someone other than Hydro does it, she used Bullet for SMP for a reason.

My mod list for Oldrim included a total of about 22GB of mods and crashed constantly.  In SE I'm using almost all of those same mods plus an additional 70GB of other mods that I could never get to even load in oldrim.  My SE install already includes heavier script load than my oldrim install ever did even without SKSE64 and aside from the lack of subsurface scattering it already looks better than my modded oldrim game. 

Maybe if I could get 92GB of mods to be stable in oldrim it might be a different story but I can't.  In SE it didn't even take much effort.

A good example of the increased stability in my case is for iNeed + Campfire + Frostfall.  I use all 3 of those in both oldrim and SE.  In oldrim my game would crash about 50% of the time whenever I slept outside in my tent.  In SE, not once in over 800 hours played. 

No, script hitching crashes EXACTLY like Oldrim as a matter of fact in the the identical fashion and as soon as all those SKSE mods start being converted it will be the same. Riften also has all new all better crashing and stuttering just like Whiterun still does.

In addition, stuff like Immersive patrols and DSR are still as shit as they ever were, and at such time as people can add a shit ton more scripted (on) and (on state) events and clog the fuck or your save strings all over the place, SSE will have virtually every issue 32 does aside from cell related fuckery, and not look as good on top of that.

My mod list for Oldrim included a total of about 22GB of mods and crashed constantly.  In SE I'm using almost all of those same mods plus an additional 70GB of other mods that I could never get to even load in oldrim.  My SE install already includes heavier script load than my oldrim install ever did even without SKSE64 and aside from the lack of subsurface scattering it already looks better than my modded oldrim game. 

Maybe if I could get 92GB of mods to be stable in oldrim it might be a different story but I can't.  In SE it didn't even take much effort.

A good example of the increased stability in my case is for iNeed + Campfire + Frostfall.  I use all 3 of those in both oldrim and SE.  In oldrim my game would crash about 50% of the time whenever I slept outside in my tent.  In SE, not once in over 800 hours played. 

Let's break this down. You're saying Immersive patrols is terrible,or maybe the way you setup your load order is. I've been using Immersive patrols with skybirds, frostfall, wet and cold, COT with Dolomite weathers,  birds of skyrim, more people of skyrim,.. Plus massive texture overhauls. I've optimized what I could. I've smashed patched the load order and made sure every mod is in it's correct place and not a hit to my computer. 

Now since F4SE is out and Skyrim SE is using basically the same engine as FO4... I'm running almost a hundred mods on Fallout 4 and not one hit to my processor. I'm using a bunch of script heavy mods along with a lot of F4SE mods and not a hit at all. Not one crash. 

This BS of predicting SKSE will crash the new 64bit Skyrim Special edition is simply not true. The game is way more stable than you're making it out to be. The damn things works. 

When... When... We get SKSE for Skyrim Special Edition. It will work just fine and be able to handle the load. I'm looking forward to enjoy the extra content which will come with the script extender, but for now. I'll enjoy Skyrim SE the way it is now. I'm having a blast and it's absolutely gorgeous. I literally take the time to stop and look over the game because of it's beauty and stability.