Hey everyone. :classic_smile:

This is the official sticky thread for the SSE versions of CBBE, BodySlide and Outfit Studio.
Please refer to this thread for the old Skyrim and/or UUNP instead!

Check out the wiki with documentation and guides for BodySlide and Outfit Studio!

Mod pages:
CBBE
BodySlide and Outfit Studio

In SSE, each will have its own mod page (like it was done for FO4).
Both the CBBE and UUNP for the old Skyrim continue working in SSE but read below.

CBBE:

• The old CBBE will not be ported to SSE, there is a new and better CBBE now.
  • It has more polygons, a different base shape (not the CBBE/UUNP base), same UV and a few more sliders (similar to FO4).
  • There is a "CBBE Body", a "CBBE Body Physics" with breast and butt weights and a "CBBE Body Special" with a 3D labia.
  • You can still use the old CBBE in SSE, it just won't be officially ported or supported, only the new one.

UUNP:

• As of now, UUNP won't be officially ported to SSE.
  • Reasoning: It has so many sliders and is also starting to lack in detail, and I have no interest in working on or having two body types that fight with each other. I'm really happy with the new CBBE myself, it's nothing like the old CBBE, especially once the normal generator is built into BodySlide, and it also has a few more sliders.
  • You can use the old UUNP in SSE by manually installing it to your SSE BodySlide, but there will be no official support for this.

BodySlide and Outfit Studio:

• BodySlide and Outfit Studio for SSE was released (see link above).

Make sure to follow the thread if you want to stay up-to-date on either of the three! :classic_smile:

Is it possible to unify them so that instead of CBBE and UUNP we have Bodyslide body?

Its always better to have something standard instead of authors doing work for one or the other.

Maybe, but people would kill me if I didn't port UUNP. :P

There's differences between the UVs/textures, and a lot of people prefer one over the other.

It might be work to support both, but I think they're different enough to co-exist.

In FO4 unifying them might have worked. The bodies automatically adjust their shading based on the sliders there, but the old and new Skyrim engine doesn't do that.

New better CBBE... sounds awesome! 

Will it have the same slider and old CBBE UV? 

(Way) more polygons, different base shape (not the CBBE/UUNP base), same UV and a few more sliders (maybe similar to FO4).

EDIT: Added that info to the OP.

(Way) more polygons, different base shape (not the CBBE/UUNP base), same UV and a few more sliders (maybe similar to FO4)

C-could my dream of a standardized puffy nipple slider finally exist??

For the new CBBE, sure. Bear in mind that with Skyrim's engine, the lighting won't be updated dynamically to reflect the new puffy shape.

You'll either have to depend on ENB with a good SSAO effect for that, or customize the normal maps.

I did not modd Fallout4 so.

What the technical difference between the *new* and *old* nif, I plan to port my char ( edited uunp body a bit in 3ds ) and some outfits to SE soon. Does it affect anything important? Or its just some number changes.

Also does textures use a different dds compression? I have heard some people talking about YCoCg and not dxt

I did not modd Fallout4 so.

What the technical difference between the *new* and *old* nif, I plan to port my char ( edited uunp body a bit in 3ds ) and some outfits to SE soon. Does it affect anything important? Or its just some number changes.

Also does textures use a different dds compression? I have heard some people talking about YCoCg and not dxt

1.) The old Skyrim NIFs (95% of them) work in the new Skyrim, you can copy/paste your old UUNP body and outfits into the new game. But you'll have to remove the HDT bones for now.

2.) The officially ported UUNP will be in the new NIF format that SSE uses. You can still wear outfits made for the current UUNP, but you can't mix meshes of one NIF with meshes from the other in 3ds max or Outfit Studio. Everything has to be the same NIF format (either old or new).

3.) Textures are still DXT1 and DXT5 in SSE. In FO4 they used BC5 for normals, but Skyrim stayed the same.

Is it possible to unify them so that instead of CBBE and UUNP we have Bodyslide body?

Its always better to have something standard instead of authors doing work for one or the other.

the shape doesnt matter. its the uv that defines them. presidence has been set and most of the texture sets are so old their authors are probably gone.

the shape doesnt matter. its the uv that defines them. presidence has been set and most of the texture sets are so old their authors are probably gone.

It's more the model space normal map that results from the UV, instead of the UV itself.

That's why I mentioned that in FO4 they could be merged, but not in Skyrim.

Great news! I'm glad to hear its happening so soon.

If I may make a suggestion/requests, can we get a belly-button slider for bodyslide? I've always wanted to be able to adjust the height of it. Best I've been able to do is adjust leg length and spine bones in Racemenu, but that usually causes deformations in the butt or hips.

Thanks, Ousnius. In terms of complexity, how hard will it be to convert -let's say- old uunp meshes to the new standart? is there any significative changes incoming for this?

In the case of UUNP, it would be best not to convert them to the new NIF format at all. Only when creating an actually new outfit.

The format has changed quite a bit, currently the only way is to export them to OBJ files in the (not yet released) Outfit Studio and import them right back. You will lose the bone weights, shader information and skin partitions.

The bone weights can be copied again (OS has a better copy now), the shader information has to be entered in NifSkope, and the skin partitions can be optionally painted in OS as well.

One example that would NOT work, would be trying to merge an old NIF and a new NIF. All meshes must be either old or now, both in one NIF doesn't work. So you can't shovel an old outfit into the new UUNP without recreating it.

Great news! I'm glad to hear its happening so soon.

If I may make a suggestion/requests, can we get a belly-button slider for bodyslide? I've always wanted to be able to adjust the height of it. Best I've been able to do is adjust leg length and spine bones in Racemenu, but that usually causes deformations in the butt or hips.

I think FO4 had a waist height slider, so maybe.

Please give us a 1 quality mesh with every slider to make it like an UNP or CBBE. Please, if you are going to break CBBE please just give 1 (one unified) body, a quality mesh with quality weights, CBBE is a disaster, look at the petrovich body for inspiration, i am talking about retopology quality and weights not the shape. Why have 2 reference bodies with different weights? It is masochism :)

Please give us a 1 quality mesh with every slider to make it like an UNP or CBBE. Please, if you are going to break CBBE please just give 1 (one unified) body, a quality mesh with quality weights, CBBE is a disaster, look at the petrovich body for inspiration, i am talking about retopology quality and weights not the shape. Why have 2 reference bodies with different weights? It is masochism :)

Good point about the different base shapes. Well I'm not sure. On the one hand I think UUNP should be ported as well because people WILL want it, on the other hand the old one could be used and it's gonna be a mess either way.

Good point about the different base shapes. Well I'm not sure. On the one hand I think UUNP should be ported as well because people WILL want it, on the other hand the old one could be used and it's gonna be a mess either way.

Osnius, you know that with a proper body mesh and proper sliders UUNP is just useless. Tell to whoever is redoing the body to spend more time now and just make 1 body, a bit more efforts now but a so much easier life later

I understand why you want to remake CBBE for the SSE but why use a new baseshape? If the baseshape stays the same as the old CBBE/UUNP all armor pieces that don't include a body reference could be ported without the need for mesh editing. Or am I missing something?

That you cannot mix for the same ObjectReference an old NIF and a new NIF.

So, also if the old CBBE will be re-used (but I am for a refresh), then every NIFs has to be updated.

Don't like it? Use the old one, it works, but it will be no more updated.