19 minutes ago, Musje said:

That fixed it!

But... the outfit also comes with sleeves. If I wear the top, the sleeves don't appear at all. If I take the top off, the sleeves are there but there's the wrist gap again. Changing the sleeves armor addon to a different slot doesn;t help... (they don't show up at all) should I also mess with something in Nifskope maybe?

There's two places you select body parts: Armor Addon and Armor entries.

To fix missing chunks of the outfit, take a look at the skin partitions in NifSkope or Outfit Studio. For every skin partition, you need to have the corresponding option in the Armor Addon checked.

If putting on one piece of an outfit makes another disappear, make sure they don't have conflicting options in their Armor entries. If the body and sleeves both have the forearms selected, remove the forearms from the body and see if that fixes it.

3 hours ago, pburnt said:

Is there a better Blender tutorial for getting the import/export nif addon to work? I've read the one here and on Nexus and nothing helps.

The best tutorial at the moment is https://beyondskyrim.org/exporting-blender-2-7-skyrim/ which covers exporting statics and common error messages. However, the current version of the Blender plugin is outright broken when exporting skinned meshes. The Flatten Skin function is commented out, so you must export using an already flattened (not hierarchical) armature, for example what you get if you import an existing body.

Even then the plugin exports bones with the wrong names. To fix that you need to replace this function in nif_common.py:

def get_bone_name_for_nif(self, name):
        """Convert a bone name to a name that can be used by the nif file:
        turns 'Bip01 xxx.R' into 'Bip01 R xxx', and similar for L.

:param name: The bone name as in Blender.
        :type name: :class:`str`
        :return: Bone name in nif convention.
        :rtype: :class:`str`
        """
        if isinstance(name, bytes):
            name = name.decode()
        if name.startswith("Bip01 "):
            if name.endswith(".L"):
                return "Bip01 L " + name[6:-2]
            elif name.endswith(".R"):
                return "Bip01 R " + name[6:-2]
        elif name.startswith("NPC ") and name.endswith("].L"):
            name = name.replace("NPC ", "NPC L ")
            name = name.replace("[", "[L")
            name = name.replace("].L", "]")
            return name
        elif name.startswith("NPC ") and name.endswith("].R"):
            name = name.replace("NPC ", "NPC R ")
            name = name.replace("[", "[R")
            name = name.replace("].R", "]")
            return name

return name

After all this it will export, however the bone locations will be broken. To fix that, you need to import to and export from Outfit Studio. 

41 minutes ago, mxwqtkl said:

The best tutorial at the moment is https://beyondskyrim.org/exporting-blender-2-7-skyrim/ which covers exporting statics and common error messages. However, the current version of the Blender plugin is outright broken when exporting skinned meshes. The Flatten Skin function is commented out, so you must export using an already flattened (not hierarchical) armature, for example what you get if you import an existing body.

Even then the plugin exports bones with the wrong names. To fix that you need to replace this function in nif_common.py:

def get_bone_name_for_nif(self, name):
        """Convert a bone name to a name that can be used by the nif file:
        turns 'Bip01 xxx.R' into 'Bip01 R xxx', and similar for L.

:param name: The bone name as in Blender.
        :type name: :class:`str`
        :return: Bone name in nif convention.
        :rtype: :class:`str`
        """
        if isinstance(name, bytes):
            name = name.decode()
        if name.startswith("Bip01 "):
            if name.endswith(".L"):
                return "Bip01 L " + name[6:-2]
            elif name.endswith(".R"):
                return "Bip01 R " + name[6:-2]
        elif name.startswith("NPC ") and name.endswith("].L"):
            name = name.replace("NPC ", "NPC L ")
            name = name.replace("[", "[L")
            name = name.replace("].L", "]")
            return name
        elif name.startswith("NPC ") and name.endswith("].R"):
            name = name.replace("NPC ", "NPC R ")
            name = name.replace("[", "[R")
            name = name.replace("].R", "]")
            return name

return name

After all this it will export, however the bone locations will be broken. To fix that, you need to import to and export from Outfit Studio. 

Thanks. I'll check it out. Wanna try something getting something in my game I've always wanted but have been too scared to try.

Posting this here because I don't see an SSE Nif Optimizer thread.

I am trying to fix some SMP earrings. The problem is that they have a shiny face and a darkened face (the opposite side) and so one might reasonably conclude that the lighting is causing it- shiny facing the fire, darkened toward the side facing away from the fire. But no- Here is an image of me wearing one of the 4 pairs inside the Bannered Mare with the entrance door behind me. Note that this is the dark side of the earrings, completely unlit other than by scattered reflected firelight, yet they shine brightly while the front side not 2 meters away from the bright, roaring fire is compoletely dark. blackened as though there were no light shining on them at all.

Astonishingly, when I turn around so that the other side (the front) of the earrings is facing the darkness, the shininess has magically switched sides, and the earrings are still all shiny toward the darkness and dark toward the light from the fire! So whichever side of the earrings is facing the darkness is bright, and vice-versa. All 4 earrings in the mod have this issue.

20181204185310_1.jpg.1f3e9fcb10f8fa6fbe802d71c84c053e.jpg

I've done some online research and it appears that what I need to do when an item changes its luminosity depending on which compass direction it is facing instead of based on the direction of the ambient lighting is "flip the normals," whatever that means. However, the only tutorial I could find depicts a "flip normals" option several levels deep in NifSkope's NiTriShape right-click menu, but my shape nodes are BSTriShapes (as expected for SSE) and they do not seem to have any "flip normals" option at all... but the tutorial is 3-4 years old, for Oldrim, so the lack of the option could be due to either BSTriShape vs. NiTriShape or simply a current version of NifSkope vs. an obsolete version.

I read an Ousnius post on the Nexus discussing refacing triangles (again, whatever that means) by checking "Smooth Normals" and unchecking "Smooth Seam Normals" in Nif Optimizer, so I tried that- because the discussion on "refacing triangles" seemed to have some similarity to the "flip normals" symptoms, but alas, the problem remains.

So, I'm stumped. Can someone please tell me where to find the "flip normals" option for these SSE-SMP BSTriShape earrings meshes? Or, if "flip normals" is not what I need to do to fix this, please just point me in the right direction to whatever it is that I need to do.

Thanks. :classic_heart:

26 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

So, I'm stumped. Can someone please tell me where to find the "flip normals" option for these SSE-SMP BSTriShape earrings meshes? Or, if "flip normals" is not what I need to do to fix this, please just point me in the right direction to whatever it is that I need to do.

Thanks. :classic_heart:

NifSkope doesn't appear to have all the old mesh operations available for BSTriShapes, so no Flip Normals for them. What you could do is convert them back into LE meshes with NIF Optimizer and flip them. 

A couple things to consider: SSE NIFs use half precision UV coordinates so converting them back and forth can introduce texture distortion. Try to see if they work as LE NIFs before converting them back into SSE NIFS; some LE NIFs work fine in SSE.

If it's a single mesh with half the normals flipped you're going to need to flip them in a 3D package. As far as I know NifSkope doesn't let you choose which triangles to flip, it just works on whole meshes.

It's also possible the earrings are just flat meshes with the Double Sided flag set, in which case one side is always going to look wrong as far as I can tell in my experiments. The fact you can see the backside of the polygons at all means Double Sided is on; I suspect this is what's actually going on.

23 hours ago, mxwqtkl said:

It's also possible the earrings are just flat meshes with the Double Sided flag set

I have rummaged through every right-click menu and submenu in both the BSTriShape and the BSDismemberSkinInstance and can find no Double Sided flag or setting or verbiage at all. Any chance you could tell me where, specifically, to look for it in NifSkope or Outfit Studio so I can either rule it out or nail it down as the cause for my issue? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

I have rummaged through every right-click menu and submenu in both the BSTriShape and the BSDismemberSkinInstance and can find no Double Sided flag or setting or verbiage at all. Any chance you could tell me where, specifically, to look for it in NifSkope or Outfit Studio so I can either rule it out or nail it down as the cause for my issue? Thanks.

2018-12-05_LI.jpg.26545929e8164d474eb3762ba0ab9e54.jpg

This is a NiTriShape but the shader flags are in the same place in BSTriShapes. Notice how the inside of the jacket is so dark? It renders that way too in game because those are the back faces. Without Double Sided they're just transparent.

1 hour ago, mxwqtkl said:

2018-12-05_LI.jpg.26545929e8164d474eb3762ba0ab9e54.jpg

This is a NiTriShape but the shader flags are in the same place in BSTriShapes. Notice how the inside of the jacket is so dark? It renders that way too in game because those are the back faces. Without Double Sided they're just transparent.

Bingo!

NifSkopeDoubleSidedFlag.png.907e63654cf11fe0c05fdfd23b62c886.png

Thank you! I didn't know that the Shader Flags boxes opened up to become dropdowns. :classic_wacko: Is there any fix for this that doesn't require 3D modeling skills?

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Bingo!

Reveal hidden contents

NifSkopeDoubleSidedFlag.png.907e63654cf11fe0c05fdfd23b62c886.png

Thank you! I didn't know that the Shader Flags boxes opened up to become dropdowns. :classic_wacko: Is there any fix for this that doesn't require 3D modeling skills?

Not that I know of, sorry. Because they're skinned meshes I don't think you can just duplicate, flip, and move them apart a little in NifSkope alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just changed the body slots being used for the CBBE Ultimate Lingerie Collection  in both the Creation Kit and NifScope. I replaced the original .nifs (xxxxxxx_1 and xxxxxx_2) with the updated .nifs from NifScope in the CBBE Utimate Lingerie Collection folder (ModOrganizer2). My question/concern if I now decide to rebuild the clothes in Bodyslide will it use the new nifs in the mods folder? I always thought that Bodyslide used the .nifs in Bodyslide Shape folder and the resulting BS Modified .nifs would be copied to the mods folder (including the .tri file if you enable morphs). Won't this overwrite the nifs modified by NifScope with those from Bodyslide, thus negating the revised body slot info contained in the NifScope version? Bodyslide only modies the xxxxxxx_0 nif file and when I run bodyslide and update this particular xxxxxxxxx_0.nif file I reintroduce gaps in my body at the forearms and calves. Is there body slot info contained in .nif file in the bodyslide Shape folder nif?

How do I go about resolving this issue?

4 hours ago, urielmanx7 said:

Can I suggest a feature?
Make it so you can load the hands and feet alongside the body/outfit so you can work on those seams.

You can always import them. Sometimes I'll import the whole armor set with hands/gloves and boots to make sure everything is lined up right.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, how exactly does one use Outfit Studio to create a appropriate and "realistic" bulge on the groin? I've an armor planned for a futanari character, and I'd like to add a bulge to it as she'll be the only one wearing it. My problem currently is that when I aimlessly try to manipulate the section of the armor, it pulls it out sure but also pulls the bikini section forward which would lead to a weird chunk of skin being added. I'd like a way to balloon or stretch and expand a small section to look like some bulges in male SOS armors if possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...