Yeah there's a distinct lack of "skimpy" armor for the new CBBE body in Skyrim SE. 

Give it time the new body was just released.

Considering how impatient people are I was expecting a ton of requests/demands for conversions on the same day it was released.

It's actually not very hard to convert to the new CBBE body.  Today I should be done with the generic NPC "poor" clothes and "rich" clothes, so a good chunk of NPCs will have the new body style in game now.  Pretty sure the vanilla game is the biggest conversion I have to do except for maybe Tera armors.

Granted they're not perfect, but highly playable with almost no clipping.  I'm sure it's there with some pretty extreme slider settings, but for most, at least semi-realistic shapes there should be little to no clipping.  I still haven't been able to figure out the right setting for the bone weight right underneath the breast where it connects to the torso.  That's really the only clipping I have and I only see it when running.  Drives me crazy but I'll worry about it more once there's some form of physics in game.  The TBBP animations don't give me enough movement to be as accurate as I want to be with it.

Actually, with my wife's schedule this week I can possibly be done by the end of the week but I will be out of town.  I'll try to get a hold of CT before I leave and maybe get posted sometime late next week if I get done.

It's actually not very hard to convert to the new CBBE body.  Today I should be done with the generic NPC "poor" clothes and "rich" clothes, so a good chunk of NPCs will have the new body style in game now.  Pretty sure the vanilla game is the biggest conversion I have to do except for maybe Tera armors.

Granted they're not perfect, but highly playable with almost no clipping.  I'm sure it's there with some pretty extreme slider settings, but for most, at least semi-realistic shapes there should be little to no clipping.  I still haven't been able to figure out the right setting for the bone weight right underneath the breast where it connects to the torso.  That's really the only clipping I have and I only see it when running.  Drives me crazy but I'll worry about it more once there's some form of physics in game.  The TBBP animations don't give me enough movement to be as accurate as I want to be with it.

Actually, with my wife's schedule this week I can possibly be done by the end of the week but I will be out of town.  I'll try to get a hold of CT before I leave and maybe get posted sometime late next week if I get done.

I am not looking forward to changing to the new cbbe bodyslide, as most of my current stuff is oldrim based uunp, though long term I hope to get bodyslide conversion for all the stuff I use, short term I will probably just sit with what I currently use.  I would imagine quite a few people will as well.

Yeah there's a distinct lack of "skimpy" armor for the new CBBE body in Skyrim SE. 

Considering how impatient people are I was expecting a ton of requests/demands for conversions on the same day it was released.

Take your time.  You're in no rush from me.  Just thank you for taking the time to do this.:)

I want to rush, because I want to play....... lol  I can't remember the last time I actually played Skyrim XD.

Just realized that SkyUI 5.2 was released.  60fps menus, it actually helps save quite a bit of time with converting when you're going through this many outfits lol.

I hope this is the right place to ask. 

Is it possible to use Outfit Studio to make minor alterations of hair, and how?  I want to shrink/enlarge/move certain parts of existing hair mods.

As long as you know what you're doing I'm pretty sure you can edit any nif within OS.

Is it possible to use Outfit Studio to make minor alterations of hair, and how?  I want to shrink/enlarge/move certain parts of existing hair mods.

As long as you know what you're doing I'm pretty sure you can edit any nif within OS.

Yes, but keep in mind that most hair mods have the same mesh two times. Once in the normal NIF, and once in the hairline NIF.

You have to copy one to the other once you're done with your edits and then change the alpha properties to the correct ones again. Otherwise you'll get invisible hair underwater.

Got a message out to Chrono, target completion for CT's armor replacer is 10/21.  Although it will not be perfect, I'll get it posted on the Nexus by then hopefully if he gives the OK, and I actually finish it lol.

Edit: He replied sooner than I thought lol.  He's actually planning on converting over to SE himself.  Guess everyone will need to wait till he is done with it. :/

Yes, but keep in mind that most hair mods have the same mesh two times. Once in the normal NIF, and once in the hairline NIF.

You have to copy one to the other once you're done with your edits and then change the alpha properties to the correct ones again. Otherwise you'll get invisible hair underwater.

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure if this is the correct thread for seeking help or tip so let me know if I should ask elsewhere.

Can I import a head when editing hair in OS?  I tried OS for the first time looking to taper and raise the hairline around the forehead but it is impossible to know how to avoid clipping from brushing only the hair mesh.

Question to any outfit studio experts out there, I am trying to convert Lind's Woodland Alchemist from the UUNP body to the new CBBE. I have been trying the guides Ousnius did on his wiki, but there is something missing. It just doesn't conform to what his guides indicate. Having tried over and over I am about ready to admit defeat.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to take the time to post a step by step guide converting a UUNP based armor to CBBE.

Question to any outfit studio experts out there, I am trying to convert Lind's Woodland Alchemist from the UUNP body to the new CBBE. I have been trying the guides Ousnius did on his wiki, but there is something missing. It just doesn't conform to what his guides indicate. Having tried over and over I am about ready to admit defeat.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to take the time to post a step by step guide converting a UUNP based armor to CBBE.

are you getting a crash on equip? I went and tried Vanilla to cbbe conversion reference and conformed selection and then clicked the vanilla to cbbe slider to 100% then click set base shape with it at 100. load a new reference cbbe or physics. conform selection conform all. the next part i think is whats causing problems is the copy bone weight. only UUNP armor out of 3 was able to convert without it CTD on equip was Viceroy Inquisitor. and no it isnt a skeleton issue

are you getting a crash on equip? I went and tried Vanilla to cbbe conversion reference and conformed selection and then clicked the vanilla to cbbe slider to 100% then click set base shape with it at 100. load a new reference cbbe or physics. conform selection conform all. the next part i think is whats causing problems is the copy bone weight. only UUNP armor out of 3 was able to convert without it CTD on equip was Viceroy Inquisitor. and no it isnt a skeleton issue

Heh no, sadly I don't even get as far as getting it into game. The problem I am having is I can't work out how to get the body shape to confirm to the sliders, I have been following the guide step by step, and either the body conforms to the sliders or the outfit, but not both at the same time it seems. So I am basically lost. 

odd should work as long as you highlight the armor and do the conform selection then hit conform all

I use the CBBE reference, I load the Top_0.nif as outfit.. remove the baseshape, play with the sliders so the body fits the mesh. Then with outfit selected I hit conform selected and the sliders return to zero, the body resets to zero.. I reapply the sliders I had before click conform all, the body resets to zero and any movement of the sliders moves both.. but ignoring all the shape changes I made with the sliders. So the bra is about 5 sizes too big. There is basically zero change on the top_0 mesh.. so confused.

I do the other steps in the guide also btw (copy weights etc).

So I end up with exactly the same top_0.nif as when I start except with a new base shape which is patently wrong for the outfit. 

odd should work as long as you highlight the armor and do the conform selection then hit conform all

I use the CBBE reference, I load the Top_0.nif as outfit.. remove the baseshape, play with the sliders so the body fits the mesh. Then with outfit selected I hit conform selected and the sliders return to zero, the body resets to zero.. I reapply the sliders I had before click conform all, the body resets to zero and any movement of the sliders moves both.. but ignoring all the shape changes I made with the sliders. So the bra is about 5 sizes too big. There is basically zero change on the top_0 mesh.. so confused.

I do the other steps in the guide also btw (copy weights etc).

So I end up with exactly the same top_0.nif as when I start except with a new base shape which is patently wrong for the outfit.

So this happens to me sometimes. Sometimes something happens where I need to reload the xml in bodyslide (Not OS) to get the sliders to actually work when saving and loading the mesh in before it actually finishes saving in OS <.< Additionally if you just conformed sliders and you already had the outfit open in bodyslide you must reload the xml to get the sliders to work correctly. If you're only adjusting weights or editing the baseshape a reload of the xml isn't necessary. The only other thing I can think of if the outfit is changing with the sliders and the body is not, is that the baseshape is not pointing to the cbbe.osd in the xml. Not sure why that would be happening though. If you could share the files I could debug for you but I'll be out of town until Monday. I'm sure Ous would be able to figure out by then anyways.

I know that official conversions for both Remodelled Armor and Tera Armor are in the works so we probably won't have to wait that long.  I'm sure plenty of others are coming as well.

Quick question, Is it just me or do none of the existing oldrim CBBE textures work with the new CBBE? I mean I tried a bunch of different skin textures and they were all off, as in actually not fitting correctly on the body.

All Oldrim CBBE textures work for CBBE SSE. If something didn't fit, then something went wrong with your installation.

Quick question, Is it just me or do none of the existing oldrim CBBE textures work with the new CBBE? I mean I tried a bunch of different skin textures and they were all off, as in actually not fitting correctly on the body.

Leyenda 4.0 CBBE 2k set (03 - Leyenda Skin 4.0 CBBE 2K-10306-4-0.7z and 04 - Leyenda Skin 4.0 CBBE 4K-73512-4-0.7z): Has incorrect Specular maps: All of the femalebody_1_S.dds in that package are files for UNP, specifically UUNP Special as it has the UUNP Labia in the texture (can be found by opening the femalebody_1_s.dds files in paint.net and adjut the brightness/contrast to +50 on the brightness).

If you load that it will look off in Bodyslide/outfit studio on the hip as there is a section where the UNP UV map does not set correctly on the CBBE mesh.

Note: Leyenda 3.0 CBBE (file: 14 - Leyenda Skin 3.0 CBBE Slim - No Moles-73512-3-0.7z) does have the correct CBBE speculars.

So leyenda cbbe 4.0 was probably just a packaging error on the mod authors part.

Pride of Valhala, Fair Skin, Real Girls, etc work fine.

I looked at a couple of the oldrim sets looking for different normals, speculars, and what not... Just gotta know what you are looking for.

Also if you do mix and match, make sure the seam blends line up correctly between the parts.

In other words if you use the normal map from texture set a. You need to make sure the neck and wrist seams blend well with the head and hand normals your using.

Same goes for the speculars and skin tints.

Don't expect the normal map for a musclar and veiny torso set to line up correctly with the normal map for pretty faces (been there done that it was not pretty).

My preference is: Fairskin or Leyenda for the diffuse (typically no moles for all npc's and moles for my player), along with pride of valhalla normals, and leyenda 3.0 or fair skins speculars (leyenda has some nice skin tints as well for end users).

No, none of the oldrim textures are compressed in the bc7 dds format but that can be done with photoshop or gimp (or with a add-on paint.net but it saves out as a *.dds2 extension's that need to be changed to just *.dds via the windows rename function).

Something else to note: Some highly compressed textures for oldrim cbbe (and unp) were done with a fast compression instead of a slower steady compression and they loose a decent amount of detail.

Mod authors need to make sure to use the slower and more precise method if they are going to compress a texture (so it will have the least amount of loss in quality for the smaller file size).

Something else to note: Some highly compressed textures for oldrim cbbe (and unp) were done with a fast compression instead of a slower steady compression and they loose a decent amount of detail. Mod authors need to make sure to use the slower and more precise method if they are going to compress a texture (so it will have the least amount of loss in quality for the smaller file size).

Bear in mind that taking a compressed texture and re-saving it with BC7 compression won't magically make it look better.

It'll merely be just as bad or worse, unless you use an uncompressed source.