SKSE64 not happening, CBBE not happening... seems like SE wont have many interesting mods.

Jumping the gun, a bit aren't you?

"hasn't happened yet" is NOT the same as "not happening".

Don't start rumors like that.  The googlebot will find them, and then people treat them as fact.

Ok, before this gets out of hand, the SKSE64 thread on Nexus was shut down after 80 pages of heated debate and arguments.  Let's not start the same thing here now.  The problem with SKSE64 is that there have been zero updates since April, but Ousnius, has been kind enough to reply to most of our questions and comments, so there's no reason to get impatient now. Yes, Caliente is off the grid for now, but Ousnius just said that has happened in the past, and eventually, Cal came back.  I'm just saying, don't lose hope so soon.

I wouldn't worry. Caliente and Ousnius have been around long enough and their reputation in the community is such that they wouldn't just abandon a project like this without offering a very good explanation. Real life issues affect everyone and I'm certain that's the reason here. Just be patient everyone, don't spread any rumors, and give Caliente and Ousnius a break. They'll release it when they can and all will be "right as rain".

The only issue with that is that Caliente has been gone for 4 months and not even I know why. This happened a few times in the past already, so who knows.

Just called Liam Neeson so no worries, Cal will be back within 36 hours.  

SKSE64 not happening, CBBE not happening... seems like SE wont have many interesting mods.

You should probably show ousnius your receipt and ask for you money back

so much salt :D

You should probably show ousnius your receipt and ask for you money back

Will do first time i see him.

Meanwhile calm your titties. :D

I'm gonna wait anyway.

I understand the old one works, but there isn't really that much drawing me to the Special Edition. If I'm to play it I want mods specifically designed for it, not ones that happen to be able to port over by coincidence.

The 2 mods most crucial I feel would have been this one and SKSE. But SKSE probably won't happen.

The 2 mods most crucial I feel would have been this one and SKSE. But SKSE probably won't happen.

Interesting. I always thought of SKSE as a mod enabler and not a mod by itself. For me SkyUI or similar UI mod is important, so since SKSE is needed for that SSE isn't really worth playing for now. But once the interface is fixed and CBBE is out, I will give SSE a spin.

Interesting. I always thought of SKSE as a mod enabler and not a mod by itself. For me SkyUI or similar UI mod is important, so since SKSE is needed for that SSE isn't really worth playing for now. But once the interface is fixed and CBBE is out, I will give SSE a spin.

There is already a working SkyUI for SSE:

https://mega.nz/#!wTh2iQCT!BwqWv-xzwtULxbgHes1cc7CuA35R6-tZXkVxmOSp-qE

I've been using this one since November. Enjoy :)

the jiggling body physics that CBBE bodies have in Fallout 4, does it require SKSE64 to work in SE after CBBE is released for it?

You can already use TBBP using Groovtama's XP32 Skeleton, but if you want actual physics you will have to wait for someone to make it for Special Edition.  Oddly enough, it doesn't require a script extender such as SKSE, but that's the only way it has been made so far, so until someone gets up the courage to make it without SKSE64 then you won't have any super jiggly boobs.  Until then, all we have is TBBP.

Guest TKILELE

You have to be awfully brave to run a Mega link program from a new poster. Braver than me, anyway.

It's a zip file so as long as you don't give the files any admin rights it pretty much can't do shit. And having an anti-virus is always a +

You have to be awfully brave to run a Mega link program from a new poster. Braver than me, anyway.

Funny thing is he's been here longer than you.

Yep now I feel bad for being complicit in the derail, sorry about that.

I've actually been around a long time, I just don't post on LL very often. :)

I guess to get things back on topic, I presume BodySlide and Outfit Studio development is continuing at pace, will OS have any added functionality to assist in the conversion of Oldrim assets to the new model? I know there are thousands more vertices and a totally different structure to the new body, but I've seen many conversions of Skyrim assets to Fallout 4 which as I understand is fairly close to SE CBBE. I know the people converting things are using Maya/3DS/Blender to do them in most cases, but if the toolchain will have similar (and streamlined) functionality I'll save myself a few gigabytes of disk space.

Yep now I feel bad for being complicit in the derail, sorry about that.

I've actually been around a long time, I just don't post on LL very often. :)

I guess to get things back on topic, I presume BodySlide and Outfit Studio development is continuing at pace, will OS have any added functionality to assist in the conversion of Oldrim assets to the new model? I know there are thousands more vertices and a totally different structure to the new body, but I've seen many conversions of Skyrim assets to Fallout 4 which as I understand is fairly close to SE CBBE. I know the people converting things are using Maya/3DS/Blender to do them in most cases, but if the toolchain will have similar (and streamlined) functionality I'll save myself a few gigabytes of disk space.

Just as before, there are conversion references that you can use to morph from old to new CBBE.

One is the direct body shapes and another one has evened out boobs (we call it "uniboob"), which works better for some type of meshes (like bikini straps).

how hard would it be to convert a body to the new bodyslide on a scale of 1-10?

What do you mean convert a body? A BodySlide preset for the old CBBE to the new CBBE?

Not sure, there's no 100% way to do this. You have a "classic shape" slider though that you can use to start off.

What do you mean convert a body? A BodySlide preset for the old CBBE to the new CBBE?

Not sure, there's no 100% way to do this. You have a "classic shape" slider though that you can use to start off.

I mean how hard would it be to duplicate an old preset

you mean converting old presets so that they work with the new body ? right ?

In that case I already wrote the answer. You would have to manually recreate it. Some sliders aren't inverted anymore, some look a little different, etc. But there is a "classic shape" full body slider for the old CBBE's base shape.