I'm curious whether the new CBBE has anything that helps with the strange lighting effects on skin in SE or whether we have to wait on Boris's ENB magic or some lighting mod to fix it?  I'm already using CBBE in SE and it looks pretty good overall other than the strange lighting.

I'm curious whether the new CBBE has anything that helps with the strange lighting effects on skin in SE or whether we have to wait on Boris's ENB magic or some lighting mod to fix it?  I'm already using CBBE in SE and it looks pretty good overall other than the strange lighting.

What lighting effects are you referring to?

What lighting effects are you referring to?

In my game at least, shadows on skin seem over exaggerated compared to legacy Skyrim.  Also, under some lighting conditions, rather than a smooth transition from brighter light to lower light there will be a visible line sort of like a neck seam that follows the lighting effect which looks strange.  I'm using an ENB so I'm not sure if that happens without an ENB.

In my game at least, shadows on skin seem over exaggerated compared to legacy Skyrim.  Also, under some lighting conditions, rather than a smooth transition from brighter light to lower light there will be a visible line sort of like a neck seam that follows the lighting effect which looks strange.  I'm using an ENB so I'm not sure if that happens without an ENB.

I think I've seen that, but there's nothing we can do from our side.

It's caused by the soft lighting in combination with point lights, but we don't want to turn off soft lighting for the body because it would look bad.

It's caused by the soft lighting in combination with point lights, but we don't want to turn off soft lighting for the body because it would look bad.

Ahh so for now the only option is to use ambient light and not something like ELFX that use actual light sources?

Ahh so for now the only option is to use ambient light and not something like ELFX that use actual light sources?

Sounds like something that can be corrected via .ini tweaks to the lighting.  Haven't gone through the SE .ini files in depth, but I'd wager it has something to do with the shadow draw distances.  

edit:  may have something to do with how SE handles specular maps, and the old specular maps from Vanilla skyrim just aren't adjusted properly for the shaders in SE

Sounds like something that can be corrected via .ini tweaks to the lighting.  Haven't gone through the SE .ini files in depth, but I'd wager it has something to do with the shadow draw distances.  

edit:  may have something to do with how SE handles specular maps, and the old specular maps from Vanilla skyrim just aren't adjusted properly for the shaders in SE

U guys referring to subsurface scattering? it makes skin look less like plastic and add a pinkish hue because our skin is kinda transparent in a way.

U guys referring to subsurface scattering? it makes skin look less like plastic and add a pinkish hue because our skin is kinda transparent in a way.

Well, Boris already said multiple times that Subsurface Scattering and many other important effects will most likely never come out for Skyrim SE because it is not worth his time. I still have hope though.

Well, Boris already said multiple times that Subsurface Scattering and many other important effects will most likely never come out for Skyrim SE because it is not worth his time. I still have hope though.

I think it's more an issue that he doesn't consider supporting DirectX11 worth it yet because there's not as many games using it as older versions of DirectX.  As more people move to Windows 10 though, more people, and games will be using DirectX11 so either he'll have to support it or watch it become irrelevant to anyone moving to Windows 10.  Right now there's a lot more people using Windows 7 than 10 but it won't be that long before the reverse is true.

I think it's more an issue that he doesn't consider supporting DirectX11 worth it yet because there's not as many games using it as older versions of DirectX.  As more people move to Windows 10 though, more people, and games will be using DirectX11 so either he'll have to support it or watch it become irrelevant to anyone moving to Windows 10.  Right now there's a lot more people using Windows 7 than 10 but it won't be that long before the reverse is true.

You're confusing DirectX 11 with DirectX 12.

It's not a thing of it being worth it to support DirectX 11, it's because it's technically impossible to implement those effects in a clean way in the new engines (without having Bethesda's source code).

Strange.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

A major update to DirectX API, DirectX 10 ships with and is only available with Windows Vista and later; previous versions of Windows such as Windows XP are not able to run DirectX 10-exclusive applications.

Microsoft unveiled DirectX 11 at the Gamefest 08 event in Seattle, with the major scheduled features including GPGPU support (DirectCompute), and Direct3D 11 with tessellation support[22][23] and improved multi-threading support to assist video game developers in developing games that better utilize multi-core processors.[24] Direct3D 11 runs on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.

DirectX 12 was announced by Microsoft at GDC on March 20, 2014, and was officially launched alongside Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. DirectX 12 APIs are also expected to feature on the Xbox One and Windows Phone. The version of DirectX that runs on the Xbox One, DirectX 11.X, already includes a subset of the features in DirectX 12. However, the DirectX 12 code is not intended to be directly portable between PC and Xbox One due to inherent differences between the two platforms. Microsoft has stated that the performance improvements of DirectX 12 on the Xbox One will not be as substantial as that on the PC.

Since the shape of the new CBBE will be different should I hold off on making armor for CBBE until the new CBBE is uploaded or will the conversion process for armor from old to new CBBE be simple? Another good alternative would be (if the nif of the new cbbe body is finished) to upload a modders resource of the body so we can make armor for the new body and have it ready by the time SSE CBBE is released.

Where can you find the list of total players on Steam?  I wanna see what the total number of players for SSE jumps to the week after Cal and the SKSE team unveil their masterworks.

Go to the Skyrim SE Store page and click follow. Then, click View Friends List, groups tab. The game should be there with the numbers along with it. Perhaps you could write down the amount daily at the same hour? I am asking a lot but either way, good idea. :)