Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CBBE / BodySlide and Outfit Studio

BodySlide Outfit Studio Outfit Studio Body ousnius Caliente CBBE

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

MikeyD28

MikeyD28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Just posting to say thank you for doing this!

pincopallino

pincopallino

Perverse Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Please give us a 1 quality mesh with every slider to make it like an UNP or CBBE. Please, if you are going to break CBBE please just give 1 (one unified) body, a quality mesh with quality weights, CBBE is a disaster, look at the petrovich body for inspiration, i am talking about retopology quality and weights not the shape. Why have 2 reference bodies with different weights? It is masochism :)

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Please give us a 1 quality mesh with every slider to make it like an UNP or CBBE. Please, if you are going to break CBBE please just give 1 (one unified) body, a quality mesh with quality weights, CBBE is a disaster, look at the petrovich body for inspiration, i am talking about retopology quality and weights not the shape. Why have 2 reference bodies with different weights? It is masochism :)

Good point about the different base shapes. Well I'm not sure. On the one hand I think UUNP should be ported as well because people WILL want it, on the other hand the old one could be used and it's gonna be a mess either way.

pincopallino

pincopallino

Perverse Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Good point about the different base shapes. Well I'm not sure. On the one hand I think UUNP should be ported as well because people WILL want it, on the other hand the old one could be used and it's gonna be a mess either way.

Osnius, you know that with a proper body mesh and proper sliders UUNP is just useless. Tell to whoever is redoing the body to spend more time now and just make 1 body, a bit more efforts now but a so much easier life later

Hæretic

Hæretic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

I understand why you want to remake CBBE for the SSE but why use a new baseshape? If the baseshape stays the same as the old CBBE/UUNP all armor pieces that don't include a body reference could be ported without the need for mesh editing. Or am I missing something?

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

I understand why you want to remake CBBE for the SSE but why use a new baseshape? If the baseshape stays the same as the old CBBE/UUNP all armor pieces that don't include a body reference could be ported without the need for mesh editing. Or am I missing something?

That you cannot mix for the same ObjectReference an old NIF and a new NIF.

So, also if the old CBBE will be re-used (but I am for a refresh), then every NIFs has to be updated.

Don't like it? Use the old one, it works, but it will be no more updated.

Hæretic

Hæretic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

So, also if the old CBBE will be re-used (but I am for a refresh), then every NIFs has to be updated.

We don't have to mix them for any nif that hasn't a body reference inside which should be the majority of all armor items. Or do you mean as soon as an actor equips 2 different items one with an old nif and one with a new nif it crashes? I thought we can not mix old NiTriShapes with new ones inside a single nif?

Ps. Does anyone know what causes the incompatibility in the nif formats? Are only NiTriShapes affected or any other data too?

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

We don't have to mix them for any nif that hasn't a body reference inside which should be the majority of all armor items. Or do you mean as soon as an actor equips 2 different items one with an old nif and one with a new nif it crashes? I thought we can not mix old NiTriShapes with new ones inside a single nif?

Ps. Does anyone know what causes the incompatibility in the nif formats? Are only NiTriShapes affected or any other data too?

For the very basic tests I did on NIFs, the format seems to be similar to FO4 but not exactly the same.

Now, I tried only 4 vanilla NIF files. And 2 of them were not opening in NIFSkope 2.0 alpha4.

Ousnius said you cannot mix old and new NIFs. For sure you can't in the same NIF file.

But I had no problem to add (through console) one of the new NIF as armor, and have the Apachii hair (that for sure is old NIFs.)

But we will know more in the next days.

Again, keeping the old is not a good thing. So, welcome new CBBE, at least for me.

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Equipping two different NIFs is fine. As you say, you just can't have the old format and new format in one NIF.

The NiTriShapes are now BSTriShape, the user version 2 is different, and they're spreading all the data across different blocks, such as BSTriShape, changes to NiSkinPartition, etc.

Mostly we want a new base shape because the old one looks horrible and has too big breasts. :P

bicobus

bicobus

Kodama Dōji

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

I understand nothing but I'm glad you're doing it. Here is a kudos!

Hæretic

Hæretic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Equipping two different NIFs is fine. As you say, you just can't have the old format and new format in one NIF.

The NiTriShapes are now BSTriShape, the user version 2 is different, and they're spreading all the data across different blocks, such as BSTriShape, changes to NiSkinPartition, etc.

Mostly we want a new base shape because the old one looks horrible and has too big breasts. :P

Okay, so all old items will work that don't have a body reference inside that's good news. I see your point why you want to change the breast shape of the base bodies they indeed are too big which makes it hard to morph them to smaller sizes.

Could you maybe keep the rest of the body in the same shape? this way only nipple accessories have to be repositioned everything else could be ported without editing the mesh shape or position.

Btw If you redo the body with the new format how do you export it if I may ask? Do the old niftools export/import scripts still work?

crusher

crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

.. make your first body mesh so good no one in their right mind would want/need legacy stuff.

Armor and cloths should be separated from base mesh; should be, but.... if only things could "inherit" mesh weights dynamically by proximity.. or just alpha hidden parts of base texture (body) by proximity, dynamically. Maybe data from armor describing where to alpha. That'd save some time exporting, and solve so many other problems.   Adding an invisible reference to each piece of ammo to trigger the alpha.

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Okay, so all old items will work that don't have a body reference inside that's good news. I see your point why you want to change the breast shape of the base bodies they indeed are too big which makes it hard to morph them to smaller sizes.

Could you maybe keep the rest of the body in the same shape? this way only nipple accessories have to be repositioned everything else could be ported without editing the mesh shape or position.

Btw If you redo the body with the new format how do you export it if I may ask? Do the old niftools export/import scripts still work?

The only thing that can create the new format at all right now is the (still unreleased) Outfit Studio. I have no idea if anyone is working on 3ds max or Blender scripts for this.

panthercom

panthercom

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

I noticed the nipple size/length adjustment in FO4 is better than in Skyrim; I hope you'll carry that improvement forward

for SSE or even upgrade it a little bit more when it comes to nipple diameter adjustments. It's always been frustrating to

not be able to build my favorite (and realistic) body type, an A or B cup with nipples big enough to hang a Christmas tree

ornament on (yes, it can be done) ;) Small breasts often have the most impressive nipples, because they're not smothered

by all that fat. Well, enough about that subject now...

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

... nipples ...

I got your fetish! I will add it now to Stratocasters and Freckled girls.

pincopallino

pincopallino

Perverse Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Weights are going to change i hope so Heretic, to have or not to have the body mesh inside a nif it remains a problem, items will need to be rerigged.

Every bodyslide file around the world will become obsolete.

PS Well, maybe for loose items it is not a problem

DjaySaint

DjaySaint

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

I haven't touched CBBE in a while, nor Bodyslide because I have been on a hiatus from Skryim.

But will the new CBBE have working naughty bits or no?  I actually generally liked the CBBE shape better (the breasts were far better shaped than SeveNBase), but I liked the texture options for UNP better.  Also a working vagina.  I want to make the switch back to CBBE.  Textures aren't a big deal because I can edit and "port" textures from UNP to CBBE no problem.  It's not so easy to do with a vagina though.  Do you know if one is being incorporated in the new CBBE?

Thanks ousnius.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

i hate this new special edition. I feel like in a limbo now. i have my ultra modded skyrim (466 mods on MO) and 60-70% are not compatible. Osnius got the chance to improve CBBE, so new body, every armor mod is fucked up.  SKSE maybe will require 6 months or 1 year to be realeased so no sexlabs, no sex mods, no dd. I feel like i should ignore the ss right now and the new body, it makes me feel so unmotivated. The import\export will not be a problem. Outfit Studio is going to replace Nifskope. Nifskope is going to disappear.

I want to smash things

It is a "limbo" right now, just because it is less than 24 hours it is out.

Stop blaming, please.

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

I haven't touched CBBE in a while, nor Bodyslide because I have been on a hiatus from Skryim.

But will the new CBBE have working naughty bits or no?  I actually generally liked the CBBE shape better (the breasts were far better shaped than SeveNBase), but I liked the texture options for UNP better.  Also a working vagina.  I want to make the switch back to CBBE.  Textures aren't a big deal because I can edit and "port" textures from UNP to CBBE no problem.  It's not so easy to do with a vagina though.  Do you know if one is being incorporated in the new CBBE?

Thanks ousnius.

Well there's no such thing as HDT right now, so there won't be a working vagina for now either (also, Caliente hates modelling 3D vaginas). Maybe if there's ever gonna be a new HDT PE/SMP for SSE.

pincopallino

pincopallino

Perverse Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

i hate this new special edition. I feel like in a limbo now. i have my ultra modded skyrim (466 mods on MO) and 60-70% are not compatible. Osnius got the chance to improve CBBE, so new body, every armor mod is fucked up.  SKSE maybe will require 6 months or 1 year to be realeased so no sexlabs, no sex mods, no dd. I feel like i should ignore the ss right now and the new body, it makes me feel so unmotivated. The import\export will not be a problem. Outfit Studio is going to replace Nifskope. Nifskope is going to disappear.

I want to smash things

It is a "limbo" right now, just because it is less than 24 hours it is out.

Stop blaming, please.

i posted on the wrong page, i was making items in blender for cbbe before reading about the new body and upon this the mod for which the items are made for depends on SKSE so i feel a bit confused. I was just thinking that this is not the best time to create new assets

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BodySlide, Outfit Studio, Outfit, Studio, Body, ousnius, Caliente, CBBE