I understand why you want to remake CBBE for the SSE but why use a new baseshape? If the baseshape stays the same as the old CBBE/UUNP all armor pieces that don't include a body reference could be ported without the need for mesh editing. Or am I missing something?

That you cannot mix for the same ObjectReference an old NIF and a new NIF.

So, also if the old CBBE will be re-used (but I am for a refresh), then every NIFs has to be updated.

Don't like it? Use the old one, it works, but it will be no more updated.

We don't have to mix them for any nif that hasn't a body reference inside which should be the majority of all armor items. Or do you mean as soon as an actor equips 2 different items one with an old nif and one with a new nif it crashes? I thought we can not mix old NiTriShapes with new ones inside a single nif?

Ps. Does anyone know what causes the incompatibility in the nif formats? Are only NiTriShapes affected or any other data too?

We don't have to mix them for any nif that hasn't a body reference inside which should be the majority of all armor items. Or do you mean as soon as an actor equips 2 different items one with an old nif and one with a new nif it crashes? I thought we can not mix old NiTriShapes with new ones inside a single nif?

Ps. Does anyone know what causes the incompatibility in the nif formats? Are only NiTriShapes affected or any other data too?

For the very basic tests I did on NIFs, the format seems to be similar to FO4 but not exactly the same.

Now, I tried only 4 vanilla NIF files. And 2 of them were not opening in NIFSkope 2.0 alpha4.

Ousnius said you cannot mix old and new NIFs. For sure you can't in the same NIF file.

But I had no problem to add (through console) one of the new NIF as armor, and have the Apachii hair (that for sure is old NIFs.)

But we will know more in the next days.

Again, keeping the old is not a good thing. So, welcome new CBBE, at least for me.

I understand why you want to remake CBBE for the SSE but why use a new baseshape? If the baseshape stays the same as the old CBBE/UUNP all armor pieces that don't include a body reference could be ported without the need for mesh editing. Or am I missing something?

So, also if the old CBBE will be re-used (but I am for a refresh), then every NIFs has to be updated.

Equipping two different NIFs is fine. As you say, you just can't have the old format and new format in one NIF.

The NiTriShapes are now BSTriShape, the user version 2 is different, and they're spreading all the data across different blocks, such as BSTriShape, changes to NiSkinPartition, etc.

Mostly we want a new base shape because the old one looks horrible and has too big breasts. :P

Equipping two different NIFs is fine. As you say, you just can't have the old format and new format in one NIF.

The NiTriShapes are now BSTriShape, the user version 2 is different, and they're spreading all the data across different blocks, such as BSTriShape, changes to NiSkinPartition, etc.

Mostly we want a new base shape because the old one looks horrible and has too big breasts. :P

Okay, so all old items will work that don't have a body reference inside that's good news. I see your point why you want to change the breast shape of the base bodies they indeed are too big which makes it hard to morph them to smaller sizes.

Could you maybe keep the rest of the body in the same shape? this way only nipple accessories have to be repositioned everything else could be ported without editing the mesh shape or position.

Btw If you redo the body with the new format how do you export it if I may ask? Do the old niftools export/import scripts still work?

.. make your first body mesh so good no one in their right mind would want/need legacy stuff.

Armor and cloths should be separated from base mesh; should be, but.... if only things could "inherit" mesh weights dynamically by proximity.. or just alpha hidden parts of base texture (body) by proximity, dynamically. Maybe data from armor describing where to alpha. That'd save some time exporting, and solve so many other problems.   Adding an invisible reference to each piece of ammo to trigger the alpha.

Okay, so all old items will work that don't have a body reference inside that's good news. I see your point why you want to change the breast shape of the base bodies they indeed are too big which makes it hard to morph them to smaller sizes.

Could you maybe keep the rest of the body in the same shape? this way only nipple accessories have to be repositioned everything else could be ported without editing the mesh shape or position.

Btw If you redo the body with the new format how do you export it if I may ask? Do the old niftools export/import scripts still work?

The only thing that can create the new format at all right now is the (still unreleased) Outfit Studio. I have no idea if anyone is working on 3ds max or Blender scripts for this.

I noticed the nipple size/length adjustment in FO4 is better than in Skyrim; I hope you'll carry that improvement forward

for SSE or even upgrade it a little bit more when it comes to nipple diameter adjustments. It's always been frustrating to

not be able to build my favorite (and realistic) body type, an A or B cup with nipples big enough to hang a Christmas tree

ornament on (yes, it can be done) ;) Small breasts often have the most impressive nipples, because they're not smothered

by all that fat. Well, enough about that subject now...

I haven't touched CBBE in a while, nor Bodyslide because I have been on a hiatus from Skryim.

But will the new CBBE have working naughty bits or no?  I actually generally liked the CBBE shape better (the breasts were far better shaped than SeveNBase), but I liked the texture options for UNP better.  Also a working vagina.  I want to make the switch back to CBBE.  Textures aren't a big deal because I can edit and "port" textures from UNP to CBBE no problem.  It's not so easy to do with a vagina though.  Do you know if one is being incorporated in the new CBBE?

Thanks ousnius.

i hate this new special edition. I feel like in a limbo now. i have my ultra modded skyrim (466 mods on MO) and 60-70% are not compatible. Osnius got the chance to improve CBBE, so new body, every armor mod is fucked up.  SKSE maybe will require 6 months or 1 year to be realeased so no sexlabs, no sex mods, no dd. I feel like i should ignore the ss right now and the new body, it makes me feel so unmotivated. The import\export will not be a problem. Outfit Studio is going to replace Nifskope. Nifskope is going to disappear.

I want to smash things

It is a "limbo" right now, just because it is less than 24 hours it is out.

Stop blaming, please.

I haven't touched CBBE in a while, nor Bodyslide because I have been on a hiatus from Skryim.

But will the new CBBE have working naughty bits or no?  I actually generally liked the CBBE shape better (the breasts were far better shaped than SeveNBase), but I liked the texture options for UNP better.  Also a working vagina.  I want to make the switch back to CBBE.  Textures aren't a big deal because I can edit and "port" textures from UNP to CBBE no problem.  It's not so easy to do with a vagina though.  Do you know if one is being incorporated in the new CBBE?

Thanks ousnius.

Well there's no such thing as HDT right now, so there won't be a working vagina for now either (also, Caliente hates modelling 3D vaginas). Maybe if there's ever gonna be a new HDT PE/SMP for SSE.

i hate this new special edition. I feel like in a limbo now. i have my ultra modded skyrim (466 mods on MO) and 60-70% are not compatible. Osnius got the chance to improve CBBE, so new body, every armor mod is fucked up.  SKSE maybe will require 6 months or 1 year to be realeased so no sexlabs, no sex mods, no dd. I feel like i should ignore the ss right now and the new body, it makes me feel so unmotivated. The import\export will not be a problem. Outfit Studio is going to replace Nifskope. Nifskope is going to disappear.

I want to smash things

It is a "limbo" right now, just because it is less than 24 hours it is out.

Stop blaming, please.

i posted on the wrong page, i was making items in blender for cbbe before reading about the new body and upon this the mod for which the items are made for depends on SKSE so i feel a bit confused. I was just thinking that this is not the best time to create new assets

This.  Well, not the size of the breasts :D   Oh and those Skyrim forearms...

Since old CBBE and UUNP will still be working in SSE, please just go for it and don't worry about shape compatibility.  Personally I would love to see CBBE3 to finally challenge a certain infamous Daz3D port in "quality"...

This time around I'm just going to wait until there's a single All-In-One package with HDT and vagina, to use with SAM and 0Sex... But I can be patient. I find that sex enhances the gameplay for me but it's not really a necessity, and I still have my Legendary Edition install overloaded with mods in case I want to go back.

It's best to have a single Body Type with enough sliders to emulate whatever you wish to have. It's really annoying with how there are things for UUNP or CBBE and you either need to manually convert them or just live with it.

Also, while UUNP was a nice idea, the amount of sliders which you most porbably will never use (there are so many body types in there, i have never heard of oO) just adds needless extra work to make high quality bodyslide files.

Is Caliente familiar with DAZ Studio? They have a base model which can be male or female depending on how the sliders are manipulated. This would be a great option because all future clothing etc. could be applied male or female, and it would allow a smaller footprint in used resources. SOS could take care of the need for a dong when playing as a male. For all the players who enjoy mods that allow them to switch sex, it also simplifies things.

Is Caliente familiar with DAZ Studio? They have a base model which can be male or female depending on how the sliders are manipulated. This would be a great option because all future clothing etc. could be applied male or female, and it would allow a smaller footprint in used resources. SOS could take care of the need for a dong when playing as a male. For all the players who enjoy mods that allow them to switch sex, it also simplifies things.

The game engine does not allow that.

Bodies of males and females are different files.

No way to have a "slider" for the gender.

The game engine does not allow that.

Bodies of males and females are different files.

No way to have a "slider" for the gender.

Wouldn't a tick box solve that? If you tick male it gets saved as a male body, if you tick female... You get the point.