First Impressions

shiagwen

Some hunting around on U-Toob and Googly has revealed a few relevant points to this barrage of questions:

1: The 64 bit engine IS far more stable than the old 32 bit engine.... and the old 4Gb limit of ram is now a bad memory (64 bits- ram limit is 16 BILLION GB!!!) SO, Effectively there will be no limit to the number of Mods a PC user can add..... Bye bye to only 256 esp's

2: Most of the "improvements are graphical and a few bugfixes, but the Unofficial Patch is still a musthave. And it's already out...

3. Any mod that has NO Textures or Meshes or any other NEW data (Ie consists of ONLY an ESP file) will almost certainly work as it accesses only vanilla content. (I grabbed "Ring of Himalayan hauling" to test this, it works perfectly.)

4. While you MAY still use the old 32 bit textures and meshes, they will slow your system down loading as the new engine uses an updated file format which is not 100% compatible. Once the CK is out you will need to use it to convert textures and meshes to this new FF. The new engine can handle many of them but it does nae likem too much!

5/ The teams at Loot, Wrye Bash, Xedit and Mod Organiser are now supposedly hard at work on getting them ready for SSE. Xedit's first version came out yesterday. NMM has already released an update for SSE. Use with care... so far.

Hope this helps someone.....

B

1. Max ram is 48Gb, Windows limit. The limit of 254 mods is still there, because the format of the IDs is the same as all Beth games.

3. Is it the opposite. Meshes and Textures work pretty well (some are incompatible because were badly done before or because they are using nodes that were from a mod not yet updated)

4. False. They are passed to DX11 as is in both cases.

5. Tanning abandoned MO, but he is working on the new NMM.

Now, I am pretty satisfied by SSE, and I am looking forward to the next best moddable game. But will require some time.

Cheers.

It could have been a lot better on visual side and technical side, I'm kind of salty that Bethesda didn't even bother to fix many issues that plagued original Skyrim (No ultra-wide support for example)

Compared to other remastered games; SE looks poorly and it doesn't seem that special.

The only positive thing about this Remaster is 64bit | DX11 which basically means no more VRAM cap, better memory management and 64bit tool support which translates into better mods | stability.

Also I have no idea if it's just me but there are new bugs in-game that need fixing.

But since it's free I'll take it I guess.

Its pretty exciting, however I probably wont ever be playing it until SKSE is confirmed to be able to be developed to as much features as in Skyrim.

Honestly I am not really sure why the chose to name the special edition, they should of named to something like "enhanced edition".

for someone that hated 'old" skyrim and even more so fallout4 look. i must say i am really shocked at how much better SSE looks. it dont compare to texture mods so dont get me wrong, but when looking at the base game vs the old base game i do find this SSE to look a lot better and i like the lighting alot better also. i also find the shadows look at better also and the mist is more misty... and easyer to see.. it has a more of a mystic feel now. i find i never had trouble running ether one. but i find this one likes to fight my GPU sluggish lagging at times.. to the point only way to fix it was to rest my  PC. but im still having a texture bouncing/ spinning around (like a wheel would) around starching out from the mountain hitting me and blasting by as it stretches out as far as the eye can see. have yet to tell what is causing that..

over all with "OUT" mods it does look better i do have to adment. tho it should of been at free upgrade free from the start for everyone. doing this really dose brake apart the skyrim modding screen now

I like the addition to the script, the added vibrancy, the improved textures, and I'm happy for console owners who now have access to all these great mods people have worked so hard on.  :)

I was a bit disappointed with the animations and character menu though.  I really missed Race menu while in creation and remembered exactly why I was excited to improve my characters with several different body and face mods...

I have how rigid the animations look, I guess it's classic vanilla, but I mean, it's not surprisingly some folks are feeling underwhelmed by the release, modders have been remastering this game and improving on it in general, for years now.

I like the addition to the script, the added vibrancy, the improved textures, and I'm happy for console owners who now have access to all these great mods people have worked so hard on.   :)

I was a bit disappointed with the animations and character menu though.  I really missed Race menu while in creation and remembered exactly why I was excited to improve my characters with several different body and face mods...

I have how rigid the animations look, I guess it's classic vanilla, but I mean, it's not surprisingly some folks are feeling underwhelmed by the release, modders have been remastering this game and improving on it in general, for years now.

You can convert the animations yourself quite easily if they are good for the tbbp body and yeah, I totally feel you on the char edit, I'm loving the feel of my play through at the moment now that I got it quite heavily modded but the lack of char sliders kills my soul.

I like the addition to the script, the added vibrancy, the improved textures, and I'm happy for console owners who now have access to all these great mods people have worked so hard on.   :)

You can convert the animations yourself quite easily if they are good for the tbbp body and yeah, I totally feel you on the char edit, I'm loving the feel of my play through at the moment now that I got it quite heavily modded but the lack of char sliders kills my soul.

I'm probably too dumb to figure it out, I just figured out how I was going enb wrong >_>   I'm currently using an unp body in SSE but I have the neck seam because I wanted fair skin complexion.  I guess I'll have to find a mod for a 'choker' now. :P   

I'm probably too dumb to figure it out, I just figured out how I was going enb wrong >_>   I'm currently using an unp body in SSE but I have the neck seam because I wanted fair skin complexion.  I guess I'll have to find a mod for a 'choker' now. :P   

I posted this write up in another thread, its really simple to get your jiggles and walk/idle animations back, just make sure your body is TBBP compatible.

TBBP Boob physics guide:

To bring the preHDT bounce and jiggles back to your game while we wait for SKSE64 you will need to grab Groovtama's SE TBBP skeleton from here, I myself use UNP so I got this older UNP TBBP body from here then you want to grab your animations from here. Install the skeleton then the UNP/CBBE body and then install your animations. You then want to open 2 folders - 1st "Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess" 2nd "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female"

Now go to this thread here and download Trythanes very helpful tool and place it in the HavokBehaviorPostProcess folder, now drop all the hkx files from the animations\female folder into the Havok folder and run the "Convert_HKX.bat" and it will make all the hkx files SE compatible, now drop the hkx files back into the animations\female folder and you are done.

Now you just need to go into bodyslide and set a HDT body and now your boobs will jiggle as well as any custom physics enabled armor sets you have downloaded, should the jiggles not be working it is most likely the UNP/CBBE body you downloaded not being TBBP.

the lack of char sliders kills my soul.

showracemenu

export you char head (with weight 100 probably, or 0)

download a random custom race mod (something that don't need skse or mcm or...)

open data\meshes\blabla\blibli\femalehead.nif

replace with your head meshe

pick that race in sse

you have your head

if eyes, brows, mouth don't match the head, giving the one you pick to what that race load by default probably won't be good (x slider move that this way, y slider move this that way)

copy paste eyes meshes in femalehead nif, delete head, save as eyes (same for the rest)

load tesedit, go to headpart, copy paste some eyes, rename to whatever there is in the nif and make it load your eyes nif, then make the race load that by default, repeat for the rest

I posted this write up in another thread, its really simple to get your jiggles and walk/idle animations back, just make sure your body is TBBP compatible.

TBBP Boob physics guide:

To bring the preHDT bounce and jiggles back to your game while we wait for SKSE64 you will need to grab Groovtama's SE TBBP skeleton from here, I myself use UNP so I got this older UNP TBBP body from here then you want to grab your animations from here. Install the skeleton then the UNP/CBBE body and then install your animations. You then want to open 2 folders - 1st "Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess" 2nd "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female"

Now go to this thread here and download Trythanes very helpful tool and place it in the HavokBehaviorPostProcess folder, now drop all the hkx files from the animations\female folder into the Havok folder and run the "Convert_HKX.bat" and it will make all the hkx files SE compatible, now drop the hkx files back into the animations\female folder and you are done.

Now you just need to go into bodyslide and set a HDT body and now your boobs will jiggle as well as any custom physics enabled armor sets you have downloaded, should the jiggles not be working it is most likely the UNP/CBBE body you downloaded not being TBBP.

I'm not into jiggle physics but I appreciate the guide, I actually wasn't sure how to convert the animations until you posted. Thanks!

Archived