First Impressions

shiagwen

my english is not good enough to write this thread, so please be aware of this.

ok, now it is not only back to stoneage vanilla faces, bodies, etc, the new "more beauty" is not what Bethesda tells us it is.

yes, pretty water, but over the rocks it turns to green, the WATER mod does it better, and this mod is some years old.

yes, pretty flowers, but my selfmade grass enrichment does at least 50% of that

yes the indoor candles do a more warm and realisitc light now

no, the godrays and the sky is simply not beauty, the sky is still the old one and that does not fit to the new sunshine

no, the shadow is really bad. face of pc and npcs is white and when they turn to the side it is black, really annoying

no, the old skyrim has a clear and realisitc general view, the sse one is , well here my vocabularioes lack, miss match

no, nearly no mod works, not even "no combat music" , no bsa like convenient horses and aft, no apachi hair, no cbbe, no better males

the old skyrim is definitively better. even without mods. the sse will never get the mods of original skyreim, because it is not necessary.

these are just the first impressions from helgen to riverwood. i doubt i play this editoin any longer for now

dont waste money, dont waste time, dont remod your mod, it is not worth it.

sse is nothing but a PR drum.

How about this 64 bit, does it run better and is more stable?

It's the most important new thing on PC, not graphicks

Rock solid stability, I loaded Arthmores Open cities release (at Nexus) and it did not cripple my PC, unlike the only time I tried it on old Skyrim.

I have the following specs:

GTX780Ti

i7-4790K @ 4ghz

16GB RAM @ 1600hz

Windows 10

Resolution @ 1440P

My game is running at Ultra settings.

People are complaining and whining about SSE how the Old is better than the New blah blah blah.

To answer yes it is quite stable.

Had no issues what so ever playing for (5hrs) and sat at 60 FPS all times except in towns with lots of NPC's and Lighting effects etc but only dropped to 52-59 FPS and lowest through entire session was 49 FPS running at Ultra and few Mods that have been imported over.

As for shiagwen is on about but all them issues in the "no" parts weren't there there for me, Godrays, Shadows, View everything was excellent and perfectly fine except Blur can get to some people, Anyways people can stick to there 32-Bit Limited Edition were if you like to use the 64-Bit then go ahead since many modders probably will mod for SSE due to 64-Bit and not being so limited on the modding etc, Also some popular mods have already started to be ported over such as Frostfall etc.

for me it seims the new sse is just new way to sell game my old skyrim look better with the people made texur packs

only reason in the ned new sse will by better becous it give more moding option just have to see in time just hope mod organist will by better becous nmm is bad ad sec and the person whos working on mo is now working for nmm i hope the chance it better

for me it seims the new sse is just new way to sell game my old skyrim look better with the people made texur packs

only reason in the ned new sse will by better becous it give more moding option just have to see in time just hope mod organist will by better becous nmm is bad ad sec and the person whos working on mo is now working for nmm i hope the chance it better

It was free if you already owned it, the only people Bethesda are making money off on this version is the people with PS4/XBox One.

Played it 5h now got not a sigle crash or fps problem. 

Patched armor, clothing and body textures and got CTD after installing the mature skin textures, but after a changing the *.dds compression it worked without problems. 

I miss some ENB features, but SSE have nice graphics and runs extreme smooth on my computer.

And now... gimme that CREATION KIT bethesta!  :angry:  

My first impression is that SSE seems to be a better foundation to work on then Skyrim. This alone should make any mod consumer happy as it could increase various aspects of the playing experience.

We already got 8 pages and growing of SSE ported mods on Nexus on the very first day, mods like the Unofficial Patch, Alternate Start, Immersive Wenches, Gildergreen Regrown, Point The Way, The Paarthumax Dilemma and more wich should be in any ones load order are done at day 1. I don't get why some complain for a free (as long as you had all DLC) Skyrim with improved capabilities.

My Skyrim install is at around 200 esp with more then 450 individual mods, i love playing modded Skyrim and temper with it. Skyrim is very stable for me and i do not plan to get rid of it but i am still excited at the prospect of a more stable SSE and wish the community see's the benefits aswell.

My first impressions are thusly presented below.

1. The new engine upgrade is amazing so far, and I'm excited to see what modders can do with it.

2. The visuals are amazeballs, Godrays and volumetric lighting, and textures looking crisp and 3d, vastly improved shadows and this is all without modders touching it yet. I hear some people saying "mods can do it better" well, guess what people, Mods work off of a baseline, and the baseline has just been fukken raised. Mods will do it better, but they will have a much better platform to start from.

3. Mods, I have gotten a good deal of mods working already, some do need some serious tweaking, but anyone who gives half a shit about said mods can do most of that work. there does seem to be issues with some meshes, though i managed to get cbbe stock body and clothing replacer installed just fine, as well as Schlongs of skyrim light.

4. I'm just loving how much more epic the starting scene was, with alduin swooping down, calling up an epic storm, the godrays and lighting and shadows all working together to make that ageold scene much more epic. I got fukken chills people.

5. Blah blah words and stuff. nah, but seriously, SKSE needs to be updated for it, and that might take a long time to get done, however once it does, I fully expect to see this new epic remaster to get even more epic. and a bit more sexy.

I am not sure about all of this.

The graphics surely look nice, but tbh, I heard earlier this year that not many mod authors are willing to recreate / rework mods for this "new" skyrim .. so it's kinda meh

the 64 bits sure are tempting though ...

Some did make statements like that and well, revoked them already, after they learned more about it. Give it some time, good things come to those who wait.

The graphics surely look nice, but tbh, I heard earlier this year that not many mod authors are willing to recreate / rework mods for this "new" skyrim .. so it's kinda meh

That was earlier this year before a lot of mod authors got their hands on the new version of the creation kit, when everyone was afraid things would be much worse than they actually are. From what I understand in Gopher's latest vid, every mod author he talked to (or almost every one, typing this without rewatching it) will me moving over to creating mods for the Special Edition, though he didn't actually name anyone so that could mean any number of people. I think a lot of mod authors were basically envisioning the worst case scenario and saying they weren't going to be making mods for the Special Edition if that's how things ended up, some just didn't bother clarifying that point. For example, some were afraid the scripting engine would be changed.

Some did make statements like that and well, revoked them already, after they learned more about it. Give it some time, good things come to those who wait.

That was earlier this year before a lot of mod authors got their hands on the new version of the creation kit, when everyone was afraid things would be much worse than they actually are. From what I understand in Gopher's latest vid, every mod author he talked to (or almost every one, typing this without rewatching it) will me moving over to creating mods for the Special Edition, though he didn't actually name anyone so that could mean any number of people. I think a lot of mod authors were basically envisioning the worst case scenario and saying they weren't going to be making mods for the Special Edition if that's how things ended up, some just didn't bother clarifying that point. For example, some were afraid the scripting engine would be changed.

I see, well that's good news then I guess.

I wonder if it will be easy to move armor mods with physics to the new version, but I guess, time will show as you already said

I will no first impressions have, because I will not play it!  ;) 
and it's me also matter whether it runs more stable than Skyrim normal.
because I do not want to renounce my mods!
Because I am 100% sure that not all old mods are converted and I have no need, That to use what all use.
Very many mods go through SSE lost and are then lost forever.

Think about it once.

cheers.

How is it an attempt to sell more copies of Skyrim when it was given away for free to people who already owned it? If you're talking about consoles, now people will be able to play it on their new boxes and use mods, which is essentially a new game.

The texture packs still work. Go ahead and install them. The important part of this new version is the updated architecture. No more RAM limits or instability when you bypass them. No more struggling to run a 32 bit title on a 64 bit hyperthreaded processor. It's free, it's good, and any mod that doesn't use a bsa is essentially compatible. Those that do can be made compatible by running them through the new CK. The new script extender is already in progress and that mean all that was old will be available for the new.

Played over 4 hours and did not get 1 ctd yet. I am already at 30 mods building up to see how stable it will hold up. So far I am very impressed. I gave up on vanilla skyrim long time ago due to the many crashes I experienced, so this has been a blessing for me really as Skyrim simply remains to be one of the best games ever made.

Mine freezed on a black loading screen on the very first New game load. :)

Otherwise it feels much smoother, but that might be because it didn't have 100+ mods to handle. :) It was quite strange to play an unmodded game.

Still I'll put it on hold, I had a lot of usability "problems" without the mods. :) Atm I just finished the Unbound.

Mine freezed on a black loading screen on the very first New game load. :)

Otherwise it feels much smoother, but that might be because it didn't have 100+ mods to handle. :) It was quite strange to play an unmodded game.

Still I'll put it on hold, I had a lot of usability "problems" without the mods. :) Atm I just finished the Unbound.

I've installed 127 mods so far, not very script heavy for obvious reasons but it still runs very well

Okay, i have not played more than 30 mins but it runs okay.. Better than "old" skyrim was with enb ( ~30-> 40 fps is jittery/stuttery/not so smooth to me)

However, i do have minor lag spikes and there is a visible fps drop which might be caused by dof when looking at "shadery things".

I have windows 7 so that might be it? I mean, i have no idea if DX12 is yet to be installed but there is no visual difference to bethesda hd dlc 2011 skyrim.. Besides lightshafts and not as square shadows. for me. blah blah.

long story as long in list form.

---

Ultra High Quality (auto-selected) w/ TAA & AO

---

-Plays ok except some background loads that causes 0.3s spikes there and here during the execution and when you are unbound.

-Open map is slightly laggy if you look at the mountains. (i had this same in old modded skyrim)

-Menu is still shit but that cant be helped.. Plus side, it doesn't require one to use keyboard anymore.

Visually there is no difference to old (unmodded) skyrim other than: they added enb lightshafts and shadow stuff looks better.

-

played on this build: i5 4670K, 16GB ram, GTX Strix 960 4GB gpu

I got mine to crash!

~ player.setav speedmult 10000

~ tgm

~ tcl

SUPERMAN YO

But in all seriousness, I've got 67 plugins running right now, including a bunch of things I've converted/patched over myself from classic Skyrim, and I haven't had any significant issues yet. I do have some frame rate drops around Whiterun depending on what direction I look, but I was getting those before I installed the mods as well so I'm not sure what's actually the culprit there.

How can people not understand that this game was made better and will work better with mods?  I mean 6 months from now, I would be shocked if less than 90% of the major mods used on here and on Nexus aren't already ported over.  I'm perfectly fine with receiving this game for free and waiting 6 months to be able to enjoy it more than I do the original, heavily-modded Skyrim I have now.  Sure with the heavy modding, there's going to be a lot of frustration and waiting 3-6 months for things to be ported over will suck but...it's worth the wait.

Speaking of the wait for porting it over, does anyone have a general idea of how long it will possibly take a lot of mods to be ported over?  I know no one can do anything other than a rough timetable but I'm new to modding and have no clue over some of this stuff.

How can people not understand that this game was made better and will work better with mods?  I mean 6 months from now, I would be shocked if less than 90% of the major mods used on here and on Nexus aren't already ported over.  I'm perfectly fine with receiving this game for free and waiting 6 months to be able to enjoy it more than I do the original, heavily-modded Skyrim I have now.  Sure with the heavy modding, there's going to be a lot of frustration and waiting 3-6 months for things to be ported over will suck but...it's worth the wait.

Speaking of the wait for porting it over, does anyone have a general idea of how long it will possibly take a lot of mods to be ported over?  I know no one can do anything other than a rough timetable but I'm new to modding and have no clue over some of this stuff.

You'll probably see a healthy flood of content after next week when the CK is released publicly... thats hurdle number one.

Hurdle 2 is SKSE... that could well take a matter of months... its hard for anyone to guess at right now.

Hurdle 3 is SkyUI and MCM... either someone has to be willing to take up porting it over with the original teams permission... or someone has to create a whole new MCM from scratch... but neither of those can feasably happen until SKSE is updated.

Archived