Well you can tell Skyrim Special Edition to eat a d***

WarsunGames

Well i have had enough of that community of Aholes i'll tell you what.We are complaining about the texture quality an how they use heavy use of over lighting,Fog,slightly improved textures.About 1K.Not bad.But not really great.The Blur is horrible.Covering everything.An you can tell its a nVidia Gameworks title.It performs like a console for a PC.I mean frame rates were locked at 30fps.

The whole time my computer was fighting to get 60 or higher.But the frame rate varied wildly.

When i say that i am using a AMD FX 9370 at 4.4 to 4.7GHz. And a AMD R9 390 OC Edition.

http://www.hwcompare.com/20168/geforce-gtx-980-vs-radeon-r9-390-8g/

This was the comment from some of the people on the forums.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265473877103399/

The modded version i had does not have an EMB or anything like that.But it has Grass an Rock mods.2K definition.I would take the 4K but i was already getting 80fps in game.I wouldn't want to reduce it by much.An look at what they had to say about it.

If you're saying that's better, you need to get your eyes checked.

Yeah, agreed lol. The shots you posted of the SE look much better.

If you want a criticism on what you posted, post screenshots of the same location of the same conditions in vanilla SE. It's cheating if you compare a modded Skyrim pic of Riften (One of the most picturesque places in Skyrim) to some random cave in SE.

Look at those pictures.Be background is made of 4 mods.

1.RS Children

2.Pure Waters

3.Vivid Landscapes - Rocking Stones and Mountains Two

4.Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD by Rennn

An that's it.They just insulted 3 mods!

WTF?!

I am recommending NOT modding for these AHoles! I am posting this.I do not recommend modding for that program.

LOL!

Many modders will be leaning towards SSE due to it now being 64-Bit, New Engine and so much more, Which compared to the 32-Bit and all it's limited amount of stuff modders now can do much more with the 64-Bit version, That said many mods from Skyrim are quickly being ported over to SSE such as Frostfall, Cutting Room Floor etc and many more will come.

That is like saying lets stay on Windows 32-Bit and screw over the 64-Bit users by not making them software and updates cause they are a-holes cause they no like 32-Bit no more and like the new one, Even though 32-Bit has 4GB Limit were as 64-Bit can go beyond 128GB and more which is the same for SSE it's limits have been increased therefore being less stressful on modders with all the darn limits.

Edit: Also have a R9 390X OC Edition and stayed at a solid 60 FPS nearly everywhere, Only time it dipped to 53-60 FPS was in Towns with lots of lights and effects happening lowest in the entire play session (5hrs) was 49 FPS so dunno whats up there saying it's some Nvidia conspiracy what not and performs like a Console.

I don't understand people bitching about Skyrim SE. Nobody is forcing you to buy it or play it. If you are happy with your old Skyrim, just keep playing it. Most of us got Skyrim SE for free. As for those performance issues, sure most of them will be addressed by patches and new drivers.

:D I have a 980ti and 4770k and I must say the performance and load times astounded me! Set uGrids to 11,  uLargeRefLODGridSize to 22, Grass Fade to 17000, iGrassCellRadius to 5, Max Settings including TXAA at 2560x1600 screen res and the FPS never drops below 60!

:angry: A fair bit disappointed though that they didn't include the wetness effect from FO4 and there is still the 4 shadow cast light limit and the new water shader doesn't appear to have edge blending!

:cool: On the other hand the old Skyrim non SKSE scripts are working without needing to be recompiled!

i also use R9 390 but using i5 3470  :D

have you try editing your SkyrimPrefs.ini ?

change iVSyncPresentInterval=1 into iVSyncPresentInterval=0 (this is what causing my SE dips into 30fps)

then on radeon settings

-enable triple buffering

-force vsync on

-disable shader cache

and if you using afterburner limit the fps into 59 (less tearing)

-oot

i was amazed by SE because i play 6 hours straight and the cell loading time doesn't degenerate while using UNP & Skyrim HD - 2K

I would be glad if Skyrim stopped crashing and generally having memory problems, so i welcome the new version. I hope it will be easy to make mods compatible. I just hope scripts don't have to be changed too much. Some sources say they don't need to be changed but that obviously isn't true for SKSE dependant scripts. I also hope for a new version of SkyUI.

I didn't play very long, just enough to reach Riverwood, but the game played really smooth on Ultra settings.  The lighting looks a good bit better than original and the shadows don't look like they were pulled directly from Super Smash Bros 3.  Of course the textures and UI and a lot of other things that were crap in original Skyrim are still crap in the SE but I expected that. 

The big thing is the game is now 64 bit which solves most of the issues I had with the original and will make playing heavily mod'ed games much more feasible since we won't be constantly bumping up against memory issues.  All in all SSE is going to be a much better foundation moving forward for those still going back to play Skyrim and heavily mod'ed games.

Once we start getting all the texture packs and UI/quality of life mods ported over and/or redone SSE will be leaps and bounds better than the original.

This is the best thing that could happen for pc skyrim players. Well not the best but close enough. We get a more stable engine which is going to be able to handle more abuse without flinching like FO4. Then we get a base game to start modding from which is equal to a few hours of picking and choosing texture and mesh mods along with a solid enb with the best DoF ive seen in skyrim. I turn DoF in every game i own, except this one now. And the way it works is a pretty smart way to go about it.

Yeah

i7 4 cores and an Nvidia 970 and I didn't drop below 60 once during the intro on Ultra. Geforce experience didn't even have to change anything for it to run at 60. Does it look that much better? Not as much as you might expect but more than haters want to admit. It DOES look better if you pay the fuck attention. Plus the technical side of things is better which is more important for mods and PC games in general. Also the Unofficial Patch has been carried over which is sweet, especially since all the DLC has been compiled into the main version. So get better hardware and stop bitching, and don't think you have any influence over modders making great content for this game.

Sorry i just got back.No the people there where console players an they for some reason hate me.I also revealed something i was not suppose to with the agreement with Bethesda so i had to delete some of my post.But the people who commented on the mods used where just plain insulting.It was pissing me off.I will say the game looks OK.

But the shadows not being sharp an the Sky one color at all times.It was not impressive.Then fog.All the time Fog Fog Fog.Having a clear beautiful site to see made me happy.But i wanted them to see you can make your game look bright an colorful.Then they called what i linked was bad! WTF?

:D I have a 980ti and 4770k and I must say the performance and load times astounded me! Set uGrids to 11,  uLargeRefLODGridSize to 22, Grass Fade to 17000, iGrassCellRadius to 5, Max Settings including TXAA at 2560x1600 screen res and the FPS never drops below 60!

:angry: A fair bit disappointed though that they didn't include the wetness effect from FO4 and there is still the 4 shadow cast light limit and the new water shader doesn't appear to have edge blending!

:cool: On the other hand the old Skyrim non SKSE scripts are working without needing to be recompiled!

Interesting enough.Ive never had an issue loading any Skyrim game.Ever.They all worked.An this is not about just performance.This is about Modding.If you are gonna mod the game.To look better i mean.It should look great with nice texture mods.But these guys where insulting the textures.Just out right rude.

i also use R9 390 but using i5 3470  :D

have you try editing your SkyrimPrefs.ini ?

change iVSyncPresentInterval=1 into iVSyncPresentInterval=0 (this is what causing my SE dips into 30fps)

then on radeon settings

-enable triple buffering

-force vsync on

-disable shader cache

and if you using afterburner limit the fps into 59 (less tearing)

-oot

i was amazed by SE because i play 6 hours straight and the cell loading time doesn't degenerate while using UNP & Skyrim HD - 2K

OH! did not know that.Thank you!

Sorry i just got back.No the people there where console players an they for some reason hate me.I also revealed something i was not suppose to with the agreement with Bethesda so i had to delete some of my post.But the people who commented on the mods used where just plain insulting.It was pissing me off.I will say the game looks OK.

Oddly none of your posts in this thread have an edit timestamp on them, yet.

I am not seeing those insults, neither (unless you are referring to your own posts??).

Oh... on re-reading, I think you are objecting to people trying to match your attitude in your post in their responses. I guess I could imagine you taking that to be an insult. I know I get upset when people act too much like me.

So what I'm gathering here from this mass of nonsense, is that you're complaining about a free game? A free game that now runs on a better engine? And modders shouldn't make content for people that are saying, "out with the old, in with the new" ?

Ok.

I'm actually looking forward to getting all the modded goodness on my SSE. He was probably just trolling. Game runs smooth as can be, wouldn't want to go back to 32-bit Skyrim ever again xD

Do mods that use bsa files need to be redone for SSE?

Yes, although you can use them if you unpack the BSAs and use the loose files.

I certainly hope the authors of my favorite mods fix that. I made the mistake of uninstalling skyrim thinking that I would just install things normally for SE. :lol:

Archived