Hardware compatiblity/performance reports

Guest nvidiot

System Specs:

* CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.0 GHz

* Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D

* RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

* SSD: Kingston V300 240GB

* GPU: Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Gaming 8GB

Impressions: Rock solid 60 fps throughout skyrim no matter the intensity of action. This is with 10 or so mods installed (including texture packs)...

I disabled the in-game Vsync and enabled AMD's frame target control to 60 fps, as in-game vsync dropped my fps alot. Capping the fps via crimson fixed the fps spikes for me and GPU temp and usage are nominal (65-70C temps max for GPU). CPU usage is also consistent as well as compared to Original Skyrim, 40-50% usage across all cores (max temps hitting no more than 60C).

Overall I'm very satisfied and impressed with the increased stability and smoothness the switch to 64-bit provides. 

EDIT: Using 1080p resolution, GPU usage hovering around 3.3-3.5GB VRAM

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC

RAM: 8GB

Motherboard: H87M-plus

CPU: Intel i5-4440 @3.10 GHz

@1920x1080

I assume it runs at 60fps (see below)

@2560x1440 

Steady 60fps at all times :)

@3840x2160

Around 35fps at all times outside, around 38fps inside : /

What part of my pc should I upgrade for a more impressive fps counter @3840x2160? RAM, CPU or Motherboard?

Why would you ever upgrade mobo for more perfomance in games. Upgrade GPU and CPU. only upgrade MOBO for a newer CPU like Kaby Lake coming next year. 

Wow upgrading your MoBo for more performance ._. now I've heard everything.

I meant RAM or CPU & Motherboard... My motherboard supports up to LGA 1150 but I can consider switching to LGA 1151

Well that would be useless, because the jump from haswell/broadwell to skylake/cabylake isn't worth it and after that there will be a new socket so... just stay with 1150.

Kinda tautology but, I'll do some more research on skylake/kabylake...  Is it really that bad?

Its the same performance as Haswell so you are pretty much spending more money for the same performance.

Not bad so far, need a monitor upgrade.

Specs:

Motherboard: gigabyte z170 gaming 5 motherboard

Processor: i3-6100 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz and liquid cooled

RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB DDR4 300mhz 

GPU's: 2x 970 GTX xtreme gaming OC edition runing both 500mhz higher clock

Max everything at 2k res not dropping below 120 FPS in caves and 112 in tam. like I said need a better monitor!

cpu :4460  3.3

gpu 970gtx

ram 12 go

-texture 2k all

-cbbe body

-NPc85

-All in one buijin

-enb beta

- riverwood enchenced mod (add tree , plante)

-verdant se

i have drops in riverwood from 60 to 30 fps

it same with old skyrim lol

1z2oifm.png

2eaiiyx.png

Same problem right? Same old Skyrim right? :lol: Don't bring up ENB and texture mods in Hardware compatiblity topic. :sleepy:

gpu 970gtx

ram 12 go

-texture 2k all

-cbbe body

-NPc85

-All in one buijin

-enb beta

-verdant se

1z2oifm.png

2eaiiyx.png

Same problem right? Same old Skyrim right? :lol: Don't bring up ENB and texture mods in Hardware compatiblity topic. :sleepy:

????????????

if not compared to the old with the same mod  ? what mean of compare ?

????????????

that's to try to make sse look better than what it really to get more people to switch to update more mods for them

tfc and go under the ground, that small river have a huge fps impact (more with bigger water textures)

you are wasting a lot of fps rendering stuff you can't even see

gpu 970gtx

ram 12 go

-texture 2k all

-cbbe body

-NPc85

-All in one buijin

-enb beta

-verdant se

1z2oifm.png

2eaiiyx.png

????????????

We want know hardware and performance, you adding unknown variables can reduce or destroy frame rate in heartbeat. You see frame counter on top right side both pictures?

It would be interesting to see what results do you get when turning off the game's vsync. 

I did a test running from Helgen to Riverwood. With the default vsync on I get 45-60 fps. When turned off I get 75-110 fps, most of the time around 95-100. 

Indoors I got to about 170fps. 

i7-4790, GTX 980

• 3 weeks later...

Operating System
   Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  CPU
   Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz 41 °C
  RAM
   16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (15-15-15-35)
  Motherboard
   MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition (MS-7885) (SOCKET 0) 34 °C
  Graphics
   8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 45 °C
  Storage
   931GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDRE1TB ATA Device (SSD) 33 °C
   931GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C

There was a windows 10 installed on this system but it cannot run without errors, freezes and crashes on this system (not skyrim related), so I revert back to windows 7.

All settings ultra and it is absolutely very stable at 60 fps

• 1 month later...

AMD FX6300 Hexcore

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

16GB Memory

Radeon R9-270

Win8.1-64

FullHD

Played over 4 hours without one single crash or lag, although playing with 20 mods on it. Opening doors to other cells happens in seconds, no papyrus lag. Framerate is capped to 60 FPS and only in huge cities with lot of action around it will drop to 45 FPS. Hardware isn't maxed out, less heat and fan speed as with the unigine performance test programs.

Potato:

Core i3 3220

Gigabyte B75M

Powercolour HD7750 1GB

8GB 1600MHz RAM

Dell 3008WFP

Game defaults to low settings. Manually turned shadows all the way down and removed grass. Had to turn the view distances down. Mods:

UNP

2K (SD textures) skins - 3 or 4 types

Some armor mods *cough*

CoT-SE (no difference with or without)

Assorted gameplay mod - Auto Unequip ammo, stones of Barenziah, Paarthurnax

Low-res particles and low poly grass

XPMSE and FNIS, plus animations included in XPMSE

Apachii hair

KS hairdos

SG brows

BBLS

ReShade recolours only.

Detail: low, with AO and FXAA enabled. My ini files are heavily tweaked to allow the game to run at all.

2560x is out of the question. at 1920x, game is just playable but FPS drops occasionally to 20 and below in outdoor areas when looking very far into the distance. Otherwise stays between 23 and 26.

Indoors is solid 40-45fps indoors anywhere. I put about 10 hours into the game yesterday in the spirit of 'how low can you go'. Without Reshade additional 2-3fps outdoor and 5-8 indoors.

Oldrim without ENB gives at least 5-7fps more with texture detail set to high, a minimal install of SMIM and a ton of 2k skin mods (not other custom textures in this potato). I still think Newrim looks a bit better overall though, apart from some unsightly neck seams on hitherto seamless textures.

I have access to some other machines and will report once I do get to play them.

OS   - WIndows 10 Pro

CPU - FX-8370 (OC 5ghz on water)

MB   - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
RAM - 16GB 1866 EVGA
GPU - Gigabyte R9 FURY
SSD - Crucial M500

MT - ASUS VG248QE 144hz

Ultra settings with .ini tweek to raise FPS cap to 144 for my monitor and I average around 130 fps.
CPU bounces around 20% to 60% load
GPU is at 100%

Processor: Intel® Core i7 920 2.67GHz turbo 2.93 GHz 8MBL3 LGA1366, cpu runs around 10 to 20%
Memory: 12GB DDR3 1066 Triple Channel
Motherboard: something from dell Studio XPS 435t x58 Chipset
Graphics Card: PCI-E MSI GeForce GTX 660ti 2GB GDDR5 Power edition, gpu runs around 100% between 40 and 60FPS depending where your at. at the moment my gpu is a bottleneck
Monitor Size: DELL 21" 1080

Archived