Hardware compatiblity/performance reports

Getting good performance out or Special Edition or not? Post your rig and results here and compare notes/recommend upgrades.

System specs:

* CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad Core

* RAM: 8GB

* GPU: GeForce 730 2GB

Results:

Playable FPS on minimum settings. Any attempts at higher settings is a very pretty slideshow.

System specs:

* CPU: Intel i7-5930K @ 4.4 GHz

* RAM: 16GB

* GPU: 2x GeForce GTX 980

Results: ~90 FPS (1440p) in intro sequence, CPU loads acting weird, Cores 1-8 with 20-30% load, cores 9-12 with 0-5%. GPU1 sitting at 50%, GPU2 at 20%. I guess will have to wait for new nvidia driver.

P.S. 1 Card is running ok, getting 90-100% load, ~90 fps in Tamriel, ~120 fps in cells. Something weird going on with SLI..

System Specs:

CPU: I7 4970K 4Ghz

RAM: 16 Gb @ 2100Mhz

GPU: 980 TI 8Gb 1.1Ghz

Test on SSD (960 Samsung EVO);

* Game interface: 3.8 secs

* Load game: 1.9 secs

* 60 FPS steady in Bannered Mare and Whiterun.

Test on HD (Barracuda 1160 Seagate);

* Game interface: 9.1 secs

* Load game: 6.2 secs

* 60 FPS steady in Bannered Mare and Whiterun.

System Specs:

-CPU: AMD FX 8430 Eight-Core Processor

-RAM: 16gb

-GPU: Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Result: 100+ FPS intro sequence, CPU spazzed out when Alduin attacked with a spike in load up to 10% on the first two cores before dropping back down, overall runs smooth as hell with no issue, LOVE THE DAMNED VOLUMENTRIC RAYS OMG. //fanboy

Test 2: 100+fps no spaz this time.

I think it might have just been a weird bug on my end.

Edit: I pulled out my barely working potato laptop and tested it, couldn't even run it on it, it immediately said 'no, goodbye Raelic' *shuts self off* so anything lower than minimum settings is doomed to despair.

Played for about 3 hours. No performance issues. No crashes. 

CPU: i7-4720HQ

GPU: GTX 960M 4GB

RAM: 8GB

Funny, or maybe strange thing is that launcher automatically went with low preset. But, I changed preset to High. Played around - no issues what so ever. Changed few options to Ultra, and game still runs good. No major FPS drops or anything. Not sure how much FPS I am getting, since I didnt measured it. 

Specs:

CPU : i7 6700k

GPU : GTX 1070 8GB

RAM : 32 GB

HDD : 7200 rpm

* Setting : Ultra, 1920x1080 Borderless, 60fps, forced x8 aliasing, forced x16 Ani

* Loading Times : 0.5sec - 1.5sec (initial load is about 3 seconds)

* CPU/GPU Load : 20-40% / 8-35%

Game runs perfectly without any stuttering and no crashes, which I can't even manage in vanilla skyrim without mods (Original skyrim stutters like mad). Mouse lag (Acceleration) isn't as bad for me so I can actually play with a mouse/keyboard now. With my specs I expected to destroy this game, and it does, but it looks fairly decent given how old the game is with crisp shadows and passable lighting. Original Skyrim with a high quality ENB and Textures sill looks better with the exception of shadows, but ENB also destroys your FPS thanks to its limitations.

Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Runs alright. I started with High and turned Shadows/Shadow distance to Medium. Godrays off. (Don't really like them and AMD so...)

1600x900. It's slightly worse than the original Skyrim but it's hardly noticeable.

Bethesda.net feels much smoother and more responsive than it did in Fallout 4. Too bad the built-in mod manager is still so barebones or it could be something real nice to use.

Funny enough, tried this out on an old computer.

Intel Core i3-4170 Dual Core

GeForce GTX 650 2GB

8GB RAM

Windows 10 Home

It recommended Low graphic setting, but set it to High and it runs smoothly. No slideshows or anything. So yeah, looks like that upgrade helped a lot. Surprised I even got it to run on this thing lol. :s

Ive been getting less ugly visual crap in skyrim SE than fallout 4, In fallout 4 there was some sort of grid patern on shadows and around characters with DOF. there are NO visual bugs that i can see aside ones that everyone complains about in skyrim SE and im playing on medium with no lag at all.

the game also doesnt recognise my gpu at all says "Unknown VGA" but it is a happy 60 FPS

Intel Core i3 6100 (3.7ghz Dualcore w/ hyperthreading)

12GB DDR3 @ 1866mhz (Kingston)

Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce (2GB of Vram @ 1500mhz/3004 effective)

Windows 10

Pretty good though, Im quite impressed.

Two systems here...

Normal PC

* CPU: AMD FX-8320 O/C 4.4GHz

* GPU: AMD R9-290 4GB

* HDD: WD Velciraptor 600GB

Everything runs at Ultra levels at about 40-55fps @ 1080. Dropping to High and Godrays off makes it run at 60fps.

Potato CPU for debugging crap

* CPU: AMD A10-7700 @ 4.4GHz

* GPU: Onboard lol

Everything runs at Medium @ 1080 but chugs when there is a lot of action about. Dropping some of eyecandy helps but don't want to drop it any further...

Just for the lols, I tried running this on the laptop

* CPU: AMD A6-5200

* GPU: Onboard lol

Don't try it. It lags at Medium @ 720p. Going Low was probably a little more bearable but don't even bloody try...

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC

RAM: 8GB

Motherboard: H87M-plus

CPU: Intel i5-4440 @3.10 GHz

@1920x1080

I assume it runs at 60fps (see below)

@2560x1440 

Steady 60fps at all times :)

@3840x2160

Around 35fps at all times outside, around 38fps inside : /

What part of my pc should I upgrade for a more impressive fps counter @3840x2160? RAM, CPU or Motherboard?

GPU and RAM

i7-4790, GTX 980 (4GB), 16GB RAM

I only played it for about an hour this morning before work, so haven't tried any tweaks and optimization. 

The game suggested Ultra mode so I let it set it up to the default ultra settings.

Indoors and in some places outdoors it runs stable at 60 fps. For example on the streets of Whiterun or around Bleak Falls Barrow it was very stable at 60fps.

Other places - for example on the road from Helgen to Riverwood and on the streets of Riverwood it was mostly at 30fps with often drops to 20. 

I guess the added vegetation has something to do with this. 

Btw does anyone know if the windows 10 bug in Skyrim for allocating RAM is now fixed because of SSE?

Yes.

By the way Skyrim is a very CPU intensive game so I would think upgrading the CPU is more important  that adding more RAM, especially when you already have 8GB.

Computer #1:

System Specs:

* CPU: Intel Core i7 6900K (OC. 4.2GHz)

* Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10

* RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

* SSD: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB

* GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC Edition

Results: 2560x1440 Ultra Settings Locked at 60 FPS, Game ran at 60 FPS at all times even in cities and large areas. (5hr Playthrough)

Computer #2:

System Specs:

* CPU: AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz

* Motherboard: ASUS TUF Sabertooth 990FX

* RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866MHz

* SSD: Corsair Neutron XTi 1920GB

* GPU: ASUS STRIX R9 390X OC Edition

Results: 2560x1440 Ultra Settings Locked at 60 FPS, Game stayed at 60 FPS at all times except for some large parts with lots of NPC's and Lighting effects mainly around Riften but was not too much of a dip was just down to 52-59 FPS and 49 FPS minimum through entire session. (5hr Playthrough)

Btw does anyone know if the windows 10 bug in Skyrim for allocating RAM is now fixed because of SSE?

Yes.

By the way Skyrim is a very CPU intensive game so I would think upgrading the CPU is more important  that adding more RAM, especially when you already have 8GB.

CPU shouldn't affect framerate at higher resolutions. We are talking about 4k and above. Easy way to figure what your system bottleneck is to use riva tuner/msi afterburner overlay. Check CPU load and memory usage at higher resolutions.

P.S. But for 4k you certainly will need more than 8GB RAM..

CPU shouldn't affect framerate at higher resolutions. We are talking about 4k and above. Easy way to figure what your system bottleneck is to use riva tuner/msi afterburner overlay. Check CPU load and memory usage at higher resolutions.

P.S. But for 4k you certainly will need more than 8GB RAM..

Yes, sorry, should have read the post more carefully that it is a question about 4K. Completely agree with you points. 

If somebody has an experience on how to run Skyrim (old or new) on 4K without long loading screens I would be very thankful to read about it. When I was making experiments with 4K I had no problems with the fps, but the loading screens took between 30 and 90 seconds.

Running SSE in full screen mode, everything ultra, as high as the options will allow. No mods yet, all vanila + its DLCs. I'm getting solid 60 FPS and according to HWMonitor, I haven't even hit 100% GPU or CPU utilization peaks. I'm not very far into the game, went through Riverwood and just got to Whiterun to see the Jarl. So no big battle scenes yet or anything like that. No crashes so far, game loads and reloads lightning fast from saves.

System:

Windows 10 (1607) 64 bit

CPU - i5 6600k - with very modest OC to 4120 MHz

RAM - 32 GB of Patriot DDR 4 running at 3000 (XMP 2.0)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

GPU - XFX RX 480 with 8 GB - factory OC to 1338 MHz - GPU drviers AMD Crimson 16.10.2

SSDs - 2x Samsung Evo 850 500GB

Monitor - Asus PB277Q, 2560x1440, 1ms response time

System specs:

~ Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4.6ghz

~ 16 GB of ddr3 1600mhz ram.
~ Gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 G1 gaming / Gigabyte geforce gtx 1080 G1 Gaming.

~ Windows 10 home x64

~ 2x generic 1080p (16:9) 60hz monitors and 1x Generic 1050p (16:10) 60hz monitor.

~ Tested at 1920x1080 and 5040x1050 (surround)

Results (Tested fresh install without modifications):

~ 1080p stays above 60fps without a problem on both gpu's.

~ 1050p surround occasionally dips to 59/58 on the 1060.

post-1056209-0-28373600-1477839372_thumb.jpg

Archived