SSE Mods compatibility

@Ktaz - Holy shit, I need to check that out asap.  Thanks for the link!  

In case nobody else took a look at my post here, fellow modders may want to:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64902-skyrim-64bit-special-edition-announced/page-33?do=findComment&comment=1720106

Basically shows the fact I've gotten ECE partially to work, ported SG hair, ported racecompatibility, and gotten a custom race to work.  I just want other modders to know what's currently possible.

Adding things little by little.  A lot of mods I've customized myself so I'm carefully moving things across and testing one at a time.

Race Compatibility is working.

Dagi Raht Race is working (version 2.1 is what I have)

KS Hairdo's Renewal is working here (in fact, mine are modified using the KS Hairdo HDT but obviously the HDT part doesn't work)

Apachii Hair + Females is working (already mentioned)

Multiple Followers Lite is working (from Steam Workshop, had to unpack the bsa and make the scripts loose)

Custom UUNP bodies working.

XP32Extended Skeleton working as long as hkx not included.

I have a 4-follower pack (my own work, non-published) that has a Dagi character, 2 customized elves and an asian female character) - all working.  Just to point out that non-skse followers are working.  They are all using apachii hair.

I've managed to get SOS Light loaded. If you're using textures from Better Males or in my case Complete Male Overhaul, you need to alter their textures as SOS light puts the textures in the top left corner of the malebody textures. What I can't get to work are the SAE console commands so all men have raging boners at the moment. Does anyone have any idea how that could be fixed?

Regarding SkyUI, people have been reporting that v.2.2 will work with SSE. You will get an SKSE Not Detected-message, unless you are lucky enough to get the slightly modified version that removes the message. You can see more info here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/59x0kc/psa_skyui_22_works_with_the_se/

Thanks for this! 

I really don't understand why they deleted the upload and the links. I don't see how this is "stealing" mods... Never would have expected I'll need the modpiracy sub in order to get an old version of a SKyrim mod to run in SSE. The irony...

Does somebody know how to fix the black faces when using NPC replacers? Or do we need to wait for CK?

Fair skin textures working? The big one for me is Enhanced Character Edit and having a futa character again. So, what I'm curious about, if XPMSE isnt confirmed yet, how is SevenBase working? Wouldnt it need a compatible skeleton or will we just not get any bounciness yet?

Lol nevermind, didnt see it listed. Wonder why SG Textures would work but not fair skin?

Regarding SkyUI, people have been reporting that v.2.2 will work with SSE. You will get an SKSE Not Detected-message, unless you are lucky enough to get the slightly modified version that removes the message. You can see more info here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/59x0kc/psa_skyui_22_works_with_the_se/

Thanks for this! 

I really don't understand why they deleted the upload and the links. I don't see how this is "stealing" mods... Never would have expected I'll need the modpiracy sub in order to get an old version of a SKyrim mod to run in SSE. The irony...

Does somebody know how to fix the black faces when using NPC replacers? Or do we need to wait for CK?

skyui author didn't gave any permissions to upload his own mod so if someone does upload any version without permission being taken first it is considered as stealing.

skyui author didn't gave any permissions to upload his own mod so if someone does upload any version without permission being taken first it is considered as stealing.

I don't really want to argue about this in this thread as it would derail it. And after all it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the moderators (on Reddit, Nexus, LL and so on) think as they are the ones who can allow or not a mod upload or a link. I simply wanted to leave a hint for people who want working SkyUI in SSE that it is possible to get it.

I don't really want to argue about this in this thread as it would derail it. And after all it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the moderators (on Reddit, Nexus, LL and so on) think as they are the ones who can allow or not a mod upload or a link. I simply wanted to leave a hint for people who want working SkyUI in SSE that it is possible to get it.

they can still get it through official mod page. all skyui versions are available there even 1.0 no need for pirated mod links for it.

Actually I just tested the Skyui 5 and it sorta works.  The biggest issue is the inventory load time, and the CTD if you go to the system menu :D  (which sucks because SSE defaults to the quest menu when you hit escape...-.-)

Otherwise even the favorites bar works @_@

I've personally converted SG hair, racecompatibility, ECE, and Ygnord.  Again to make anything that either is an esm to work, or a file that's dependent on an esm (non vanilla files) you have to change the masterlist.  

So all you have to do to convert an esm to esp is run xedit.  Load the esm you are converting.  Go to the file header section.  Go to the right box and under Record Header look for Record Flag.  Over to the right of it you'll see ESM.  Right click, and choose edit.  Untick esm, and hit the OK button.  Exit xedit.  Rename the esm to an esp. 

In order to change a masterlist to follow the new esp its always good to have a backup of the esm so you can load up the esp in xedit.  Then just go to the same area you did for the esm.  This time go near the bottom in the box.  Look for the Master Files.  Under Master Files you'll probably see something like this:

Mast - Filename  test.esm

DATA - Unknown  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

All you have to do is right click on test.esm and click edit.  Then rename it to test.esp.  That's it.  

I don't suggest using this process for releasing mods, only if your eager to test or play with the SSE.  According to Arthmoor any esp or esm should be run through the SSE CK, which we don't have yet :D

This was how we did mods back at the release of Skyrim...except we didn't have some nice tool like xedit >.<

Fair skin textures working? The big one for me is Enhanced Character Edit and having a futa character again. So, what I'm curious about, if XPMSE isnt confirmed yet, how is SevenBase working? Wouldnt it need a compatible skeleton or will we just not get any bounciness yet?

Lol nevermind, didnt see it listed. Wonder why SG Textures would work but not fair skin?

• Fair skin works fine, we can't list every single body texture ever on here.
  • ECE won't work for now, RaceMenu doesn't fully work either but it will be ported.
  • We won't have bounciness without HDT.
  • 7B, and all other body mods and textures and their outfits, already work fine in SSE (if you remove the BBP or wait for XPMSE).

I can confirm what Ousnius is saying about ECE.  Don't bother with it, because you'll have no access to any of the extra sliders.  It will just look like ECE with only the regular vanilla sliders. 

The only reason I bothered to do a port was so I could toy around with a custom race, and a custom head mesh :D

LovelyHairstyles and KSHairdos just crash for me when i switch to female in character creation.

I dont use RaceMenu so maybe that will fix it, if its partially working. 

Fair Skin complexion doesent work, i Crashed when going naked with it installed, but it shows the face textures and all properly just cant go nude.

SG Textures Work, i presume eye mods work too. 

I love Cleavage replace CBBE doesent work because it uses HDT

KIllerKeo's armor repplacer works

Atlas map marks works to an extent, cant go into map menu, but map markers do display on compass.

Eye mods work, Eyebrows work.

How did you go about getting KillerKeo's armor replacer to work? I installed it through NMM and nothing's changed for me in game. 

EDIT: Reinstalled the armor replacer and now most of the armors work but for some reason steel armor is blue and buggy. All others seem fine though.

Only thing working in XPMSE is nifs and they are also the wrong version, rig or animations don't work, how should they they are havok x86 binary files. And my scripts are SKSE dependent no way they are working.

I will try to get TBBP running so people can have bouncing tits again. Don't pester me about when is shit done. I need to do multiple workaround because of Skyrim SE, my workflow is basically back to times of XPMSE2 (early versions) where a pack (one update) needs days to be done. 

Hair and face mods should work i have tested this with a few face textures and hair styles,

it seems anything WITHOUT a BSA file or SKSE WILL WORK!

(capitalized part of this so it wouldn't be miss read!)

Tricks used: copy the files to a separate file and add them into the NMM using the big green plus sign, then activate mod and its working! 

You mean hair replacers? Because otherwise you need race menu precache killer, and that needs skse.

I'm currently using untouched copies of Apachii 1.6 and female 1.5, which require precache killer in old Skyrim. It's working perfectly in SE without it, even when I open racemenu on an existing character to tweak things after level 10

Old ESPs are just not working.

But file replacement, also with old format, is working jist fine.

So manual install right now.

summerwearsa.esp is one of the oldest mods I own and it worked.

Mods with BSA's are warned that they will NOT install, and they must be specially made for Skyrim SE

I'm not sure if this was answered already but some mods that have BSA's will work with SSE if you unpack the BSA into the Data folder.  I've tested it with Alternative Start and it seems to work so far.

EDIT: Oh, and then rename the .BSA file.

EDIT again: It's old, but I have managed to get CHSBHC to work but I had to delete the .HKX files.  The boobs still wiggle and seem to have some kind of physics....but I'm not expert so my description might be technically off.

Alright. So i am using:

Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Update.esm
Skyrim.esm
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
The Ordinary Women.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
Inn Girls Resources.esm
Deadly Wenches.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
DSHg - Hats.esp
DSHg - Helmets.esp
DSHg - UpdateDB.esp
DSHg - UpdateDG.esp
Lolidia.esp
KKFur.esp
KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp
KKSDrBWeightFix.esp
DaggerCraft.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
MikanEyes All in one.esp
Wildcat WHITE - Combat of Skyrim.esp
BloodWitchArmor.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

Reached the Char Creation so far, but encountered an issue: Clicking on different races or genders will take a shit ton of time to load. 
Works fine otherwise so far. 

Archived