Feed me infos, for the sake of modding

Guys Post everything here which is releated to havok physics in skyrim since I only find very few tutorials about clutter and rigidbodys.. If you know good information pools just link stuff here so I don't have to search like a mongo

I don't know any tutorials about Havok either but I can share the basic stuff I learned while experimenting with havok objects.

Okay, so first havok has the same structure as HDT, actually its the other way around HDT has the same structure as havok because it is just havok physics for armor objects as far as I know.

I use the rope object from my resource mod to explain what I mean. I attached just the rope in a rar archive so everyone can just take a look at it in nifskope.

HR_HavokRope01.rar

The nodes you want to be havok enabled need a bhkCollisionObject with a rigidbody and some shape. If you want to attach a node to another one you have to insert a bhkconstraint and point to it in the rigidbody under constraints. Constraints always have an entity list where you need to reference the 2 rigidbodies that gets attached to another. IIRC the first one in the list needs to be the rigidbody that owns the constraint. The constraints settings are the same as HDT the only important difference is that you need to divide the position by exactly 70. So if the node that gets attached and owns the constraint is 4.221 units above the other node you have to set 0,063 units under PivotB for the z axis parameter. I never read anything about it so I don't know why you have to divide the transform by 70 I just noticed it by looking at the vanilla havok objects.

Edit: If you want a mesh to move with the bones you have to either make it a child of the node that is havok enabled or you need to weightpaint the whole mesh to the bones to get relatively smooth deformations. If you just make it a child the whole mesh will move with the node but not with any other node, so you can attach meshes to only one node this way.

Archived