All my saves are gone! Please help!

MsOtaku

I had to take a couple of days off from playing Skryrim, I come back to play and the only option I have on the main menu is "New Game." I try again and it's the same thing. I check my Saves under Profiles in MO and ALL folders are empty. I have not installed a single thing before my two-day break nor have I messed with any mod. I checked my recycling bin, searched and searched and it's all gone. I'm in tears. So many hours put in and it's disappeared. Every single profile's folder is either empty or non-existent.

Has anyone had this problem before and is there a fix or way to get it back? I'm so heart broken.

I recently had a power outage. I'm so out of my mind with grief right now that I can't think straight. How do I do the system restore? I don't mean to sound ignorant, I just honestly can't think clearly at the moment.

Try searching Recovery in windows search options and if you have your computer set to make backups every now and then automatically, you might be able to restore to a point before.

Go to control panel ->All control panel items - > Recovery -> Open system restore and now check if there is a point before where a recovery has been made and try going back to it.

I'm not 100% sure if it'll still retain your save files, but it is worth a shot.

"Go back to an earlier build"

"The option is no longer available because your PC was upgraded more than 10 days ago."

The other options is to completely restore my PC. I can't do that. I can't go through the whole process of reinstalling EVERYTHING.

I thank you both for your suggestions and help but,I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and start new. If anyone knows why this happened I would really appreciate an explanation. This is seriously messed up. Time to get hammered and go through the hours of setting up the MCM menus with my character V 2.0.

What is ur OS? also check ur back up files, ur system may have hiccuped and wrote the back up and not restored the files (power outage)

Win 10 64bit. I checked everything and nothing is coming up in regards to the names of the saves so I don't know where else to look.

Hmm, my only idea how that might happen would be that an anti-virus program rampaged. Check those if your saves are on quarantine maybe. You could also use windows search on your computer for .ess files, but since i can't imagine a reason why they should be moved, i'm not too confident that will find anything...

Hey, Naz. That was one of the first places I searched for and did not find anything. I PM'd a friend on Reddit and he told me that has happened to him before using MO. "I had my MO wipe my profile once as well. I believe its because I shut it down while it was writing."

So I'm guessing that is what happened. I still don't understand why ALL of my profiles would be gone when some of them I haven't touched in months. Oh, well. I've wiped my tears and it's time to move on.

He did recommend a free program called Recuva. Unfortunately it did not find my saves but, it found a whole bunch of stuff I thought I had lost.

So, if this happens to anyone give Recuva a shot and hopefully you guys will have better luck than I did. I appreciate everyone's advice, help, and tips. xoxo

Archived