Need advice on an eye retex

autodafe

I'm not sure if this is where I should post; I rarely come here as a modder, I just use a lot of work here.

I want to retexture/recolor an eye mod, but every time I attempt to save it, it turns the eyelashes white in-game. The texture itself isn't turning white...

This isn't the first time I have recolored something, but this is my first attempt at eyes...

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 

I use mostly gimp2 for any texturing. Just drop the eye texture into it and retexture the eye and then use the overwrite .dds file. Don't close gimp2. Next go into game and change the eye color to the one that you altered and check it out if it looks great your good to go if it's not go back out and undo what you did and try again. Keep doing it till you get it to where you want it.

I use mostly gimp2 for any texturing. Just drop the eye texture into it and retexture the eye and then use the overwrite .dds file. Don't close gimp2. Next go into game and change the eye color to the one that you altered and check it out if it looks great your good to go if it's not go back out and undo what you did and try again. Keep doing it till you get it to where you want it.

This is exactly what I've been doing ^-^;; I've also been careful only to select the iris of the eye when recoloring...I have no clue whats going on to make the eyelashes turn white. I was thinking maybe something with the channels or...i really don't know. 

Make sure you are exporting it correctly and using transparency. If not, it'll turn it white or black. I don't use GIMP, but I am pretty sure it should be set to RGB8 on export.

I use gimp2 and have never had a problem with editing eye textures or items with transparency. The only option you have to use is file - overwrite .dds file jump in game and check jump back out undo if you didn't like it close it if you did. The only time I ever saw black textures in game was when trying to use paint-net or photoshop to cut out part of a texture and then overwriting it. In nifskope it looks fine but in game it would be black where the texture was cut out. Taking the file and loading it into gimp2 and using file - overwrite .dds file would fix whatever the other two broke though so it is easy to fix.

Archived