Nintendo Switch container thread

Site: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Price: $299.99 USD, 29,980 Yen, ??? Europe (check for yourselves)

Release Date: March 3 (world wide)

Contents: Nintendo Switch console, Dock, Joy Cons, Joy Con Grips, HDMI TV Adapter, AC Adapter (plug into wall)

Games: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Description: Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap. So you get more time to play the games you love, however you like. Click here for more.

Presentation From Tokyo, Japan

Treehouse Live (March 13th 6:30am PST, 9:30 EST)

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/nintendo-treehouse/

I think one of the best explainations of the Switch comes from Jim Sterling's latest episode

Personally, I believe the console will flop, it wont fail per se but sales wont be good, (Probably they will be little better than the Wii U)

When I heard about the launch titles, I decided not to get the console at launch (Price doesnt help) earliest I'll get one is when splatoon 2 comes out (By then maybe the console will be down a little in price by then?) Also, Skyrim, yes I know its a cool idea, but ive played too much and I would rather have Fallout 4, but thats just me...

• 1 month later...

I'm this close to buying a Nintendo Switch just to play the new Zelda...

Please stop me before it's too late.  :unsure:

Then again I can't even buy it, it's out of stock everywhere. WTF is this shit, Nintendo?!! I wanna play Breath of the Wild now!  :angry:

They sell the console since beginning of March here and it's basically out of stock since then.

"not in stock" ... "estimated delivery time: 14 weeks" ... "avaliable" - but price around 600€ for what others offer for 450

Grrrrrrrr!!!  :@

I just want to play the first good open world game in history, is that too much to ask?

Okay, Gothics are good too but not completely open world, and other Zelda games are more gated, some even quite linear because of that.

Zelda games were always better designed than anything else out there but this time they seem to have really outdone themselves big time.

I seriously have to play this no matter how much it costs.

Yeah, the price of this console is going up a lot, right now.

Because some people bought a few (many) of them, and now they are reselling it at an higher price.

It happens all the time.

Just be patient.

Of course, Nintendo (like any other business corporation) does not want to spend too much money in case the product will then "flop".

So the production was not huge at the begin (actually, it was pretty much in line with the other consoles the produced.)

Just wait, for sure they will build more and sell more.

Yeah, I changed my mind and just bought it for the Wii U. The only problem is that I don't own a Wii U so I bought that too. ^^

Whatever, the Switch likely won't get much backwards compatibility anyway so why wait, I wanna play this game now.

At least the Wii U has that Virtual Console feature so I can play all the older stuff I missed out on. And it has a few nice HD remakes like Wind Waker HD.

If only there wasn't that focus on "family-friendly" party games for the Wii and Wii U.

Archived