Nintendo Switch container thread

Nintendo always starts with 3rd party and then they support them for shit, and treat them like shit and then said 3rd parties sell for shit outside of niche Ubi$oft titles, and by the second or third year of the console's lifespan they're pretty much NCL and NoA only outside of stuff like Namco and Capcom ports.

Nothing new there.

just saw angry joe talk about the nintendo switch (formerly NX) and it has skyrim on the screen.

weird but its happening.

skyrim 2016?

mod support? (doubt it)

buggy (af)?

and its in a cartridge 

post-745473-0-16697300-1477012785_thumb.png

post-745473-0-10241700-1477012806_thumb.png

post-745473-0-41716300-1477012821_thumb.png

post-745473-0-35633400-1477012836_thumb.png

What if you said a game that's batshit popular in japan china and korea on a system notorious for having third party support for exactly one year after launch outside of Capcom and Namco?

I would say that's pretty much every nintendo launch

mods

I think we know better than to expect anything more than what Sony will accept.

Nintendo has revealed their next console....tablet....handheld...thingy.

'Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.'

Edit: Thanks CPU for merging my thread with this. Didn't notice.

---------------------------------

I'm actually mind blown by this. I wasn't expecting it to be revealed so soon and it to be....this. I mean look at it. Its an all in one type of thing for all kinds of gamers in different situations. This is brilliant and if things go well it could be Nintendo's come back for consoles. Many questions still to be answered but we do know quite a bit from the reveal trailer. This is just so cool! :blush:

I may actually get back into console gaming. Next year. :angel:

Playing Zelda while taking a %$! \m/

If there's isn't any difference between the games compared for their "big" counterparts versions (X1/PS4) and the ones released for Switch - I would love to buy it.

Too early to say.

Some info from nVidia tells that NX is using the Tegra X2 chipset.

It is focused on mobility, low power consumption, and the Prescot architecture. But many rumors tell that Nintendo has a modified custom version.

The Tegra X2 should be just under the power of X1 and PS4 (somebody forecast 10% less computing power, somebody sais 25% less.)

3rd party software (mods)? battery life?

props to Nintendo for always being innovative in their console designs although I am a bit wary of this one...

will it turn out into another great console with not much good software? (Dreamcast)

Will wait and see if this will merit me buying a console again after PS3...and the price...

At least there are no waggling gimmicks this time.

I'm gonna miss pretending to jack it to get a perfect game in Wii Sports bowling. :angel:  Oh those motion days were funny. Glad its being dropped. Just kicking back and mashing buttons is better. Sitting on the toilet playing Zelda....aw yeah! :cool:

--------------------

What games are you guys hoping to see on Switch? I'm hoping they port Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess HD to function with Switch's style.

3rd party software (mods)? battery life?

props to Nintendo for always being innovative in their console designs although I am a bit wary of this one...

will it turn out into another great console with not much good software? (Dreamcast)

Will wait and see if this will merit me buying a console again after PS3...and the price...

Mods on Nintendo system? Hell no.

I could see Bethesda pushing for mods on the Switch, especially after not being able to hammer something satisfying for anyone involved with Sony. Probably won't go very far, but odder things have happened. Bayonetta 2 being a flagship title, and included in Smash... ya know.

Anyhow, the Switch interests me substantially less than it probably deserves, because it has no backwards compatibility - something I've come to expect from their systems. Even if it was a disk-drive add-on that only worked on the base model, that would be something. As it is, I'm probably going to have to shell out the cash for a WiiU and use that as a replacement Wii/NGC. There's a few games I missed that I want to try still, and if I get the Switch, I'll probably never have it plugged into the TV. Portable gaming is just fine by me, and if I wanted top notch graphics.. well, I got my PC. So long as I can kick back in my recliner and hold my little portable screen to enjoy the exclusives, then I'm good.

I could see Bethesda pushing for mods on the Switch, especially after not being able to hammer something satisfying for anyone involved with Sony. Probably won't go very far, but odder things have happened. Bayonetta 2 being a flagship title, and included in Smash... ya know.

Never going to happen. Of all the Big Three console-making gaming companies, Nintendo is by far the most protective of its IPs and products. There's also the question of power - The past two consoles have had subpar performance compared to the other consoles in their generation, and the Switch clearly isn't going to have as much power as other ninth-gen consoles - and Nintendo seems fully aware of it.

And I don't think Nintendo gives a damn. The Switch is a bridge on the gap between the portability of handhelds and tablets and the performance of home consoles, which is relatively unexplored territory. Tablet gaming has shown that there is a market for that sort of thing, and as a pure gaming tool I expect the Switch to blow regular tablets away in power. Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Sony and Microsoft because they've been aiming at the family-friendly and casual segment of gamers since the Wii. But mobile gaming has started to gain huge ground in that market, ground Nintendo wants back.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up!

Zelda Breath of The Wild is not going to be a launch title. So that gives you an idea about when to expect that game (Holiday 2017 at best if no more delays) or worse case scenario they cancel the game-which will hurt Nintendo MAJORLY!

January 13th, 2017 in Japan they will reveal more details about the Switch and its software.

In my opinion, * not * releasing Breath of the Wild on the launch day of the Switch is a complete disaster. If I was at the head of Nintendo and if I had received (internal) confirmation of the news before the media, I would have delayed the release of the console itself to meet with the release of the game instead. Now, of course Breath of the Wild * will * sell well enough by itself whenever it's going to be released. BUT... it would have sold tremendously more had it been on the release day of the console. Imagine having a full Zelda game as a launch title for a brand new Nintendo console? When was the last time that happened? Exactly.

I'm not sure if most gamers realize it, but we've had no proper "feature length" Zelda game unique to the Wii U in FOUR years (from the Wii U's 2012 release to now), heck it'll be about five years by the game's delayed release date next year anyway. It is the first time in Nintendo's history that a Zelda game is going to be released on a dying Nintendo console (namely, the Wii U of course), literally at the very end of its life span. And that's outside the fact that the latest Star Fox (Zero) which we also waited 4+ years for is actually disappointing and still can't remotely touch the awesomeness of SF64. That's also excluding the fact that we've had no proper and unique Metroid game for the Wii U either in four years too (also, Metroid on the Wii U will simply never happened at this point, it's too late).

I actually hope that the Switch will be delayed. Because there's no good reasons in my opinion to buy one on release day now that there's no Breath of the Wild for it. Without it, then what * is * going to be the console seller? Hype for the hardware alone? It worked for the PS4, but I highly doubt that it's going to work for the Switch considering how the market is tired with the Wii U as it is. The only game that could justify the Switch's release date * not * being delayed too would be something along the lines of a full big budget Super Mario game. We've seen one in action apparently in the Switch's trailer... I HOPE that it will be ready for the Switch's launch and we just don't know it yet. If that's the case then I guess it's one good card that Nintendo will use. But otherwise... I'm actually crossing my fingers for the Switch's sake that they'll delay the console along with Breath of the Wild.

Anyway, my two cents. I'm a Zelda fan, been playing Zelda since A Link to the Past, finished most of the Zelda games so far and I generally love Nintendo; it's for Nintendo's best that I'm wishing for the Switch to be delayed, not for Nintendo's worst. The last thing I want to see happen in this console gaming industry is for Nintendo to fail again. And, on a side note, on a personal level I actually do like the Wii U, but purely on a business side of things the Wii U has been absolutely horrible for Nintendo, it's probably the worst Nintendo product since the Virtual Boy.

• 3 weeks later...

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! MY BODY IS READY! Reggie has shown off the Nintendo Switch for the first time ever!

Check out live gameplay of Zelda Breath of the Wild and how smooth it is.

source.gif

Its kinda cute how Jimmy is shaking when he gets the switch handed to him xD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived