Modifying weapons in CK

gwyllgi

If by weapontype you are referring to the keywords section, then the main thing it does relates to perks/skills. So if the weapon has the keyword "Weapon TypeSword", than any perk boosting sword damage etc should affect that weapon (even if it isn't a sword). If is has "Weapon TypeWarAxe", then the same thing but referring to War Axes this time. For the most part, I think Greatswords and War axes get the same boosts as well as swords and normal axes. There are a few distinctions between certain perks where War Axes may do something a little different than a greatsword etc.

For the most part, not much happens. You can put "Weapon TypeWarAxe" on a dagger and you probably would never know except for a few cases where the perk passively comes into play.

There are a few other things the keywords do (like weapon rack placement stuff I believe), but for the most part it doesn't really affect much. You could probably put each weapon keyword on one weapon and it would benefit from all the perks, but I haven't tested that out.

Archived