Frustrating PEBKAC Error

aonach

I'm rying to learn the HDT/Bodyslide world the good ol fashion way- by careening through tutorials and adventures in "just changing stuff and see what happens". When stuff happens, I can figure out what went wrong, and I learn from it. However, when stuff doesn't happen, I'm at a loss. Which leads me to my basic question: When you alter hdtphysicsextentionsdefaultBBP.xml either with JFF or by installing other peoples' presets, is there any other thing you have to do to get the changes to take effect? 

Thanks for the response. I just couldn't understand why changes didn't appear to take. Since I was only adjusting the butt physics, it took me awhile to notice that the unchanging part was only on the right side. Then I was able to ask Google the right question. Turns out HDT hair requires a patch with BBP. Once I installed that and pasted a new default default xml, all was well. No more insane butt jiggle for me.

I knew it was something stupid. Its always something stupid. Live and learn.

Archived