Dialogue not appearing for a specific faction.

assiassin

I'm currently working on a mod that involves adding dialogue to the vampire thralls in the volkihar castle. I've got the dialogue and scripts working but when I try to get the thralls to say it they only say their default moans and other dialogues in the dlc1thralldialogue quest. The dialogues work when another actor fits their conditions, and even other npcs with the dcl1thrallfaction added to them but the ones in the castle won't say them unless I change the branch into a blocking branch. I thought that their AI packages could be affecting it but when I looked at them I couldn't figure out what would cause them to ignore normal dialogue. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated. 

That question might be better asked to a wider audience here: http://www.loverslab.com/forum/23-skyrim-general-discussion/ but since you've already asked it here lets see if anyone can help.

One question I have, did you create a SEQ file for your mod after you made those dialogue changes? The game often ignores added dialog when there is no SEQ file. (TESVEDIT has an easy function for creating the seq file).

That question might be better asked to a wider audience here: http://www.loverslab.com/forum/23-skyrim-general-discussion/ but since you've already asked it here lets see if anyone can help.

One question I have, did you create a SEQ file for your mod after you made those dialogue changes? The game often ignores added dialog when there is no SEQ file. (TESVEDIT has an easy function for creating the seq file).

Yeah I have an SEQ file. The dialogue works on any other NPC.

SEQ file + Quest priority issues, probably...

The quest priority is set to 100 and I've got the seq. 

my first suggestion would have been the quest priorities, but if that wasn't enough try giving the quest a "supported voice type" like we use in pahe

post-436139-0-86047500-1477008051_thumb.jpg

basically the issue when trying to communicate with the thrall faction is that they were designed to be cattle and that appears to be what you're getting from them

my first suggestion would have been the quest priorities, but if that wasn't enough try giving the quest a "supported voice type" like we use in pahe

attachicon.gifsupported voice type.JPG

basically the issue when trying to communicate with the thrall faction is that they were designed to be cattle and that appears to be what you're getting from them

I figured out what the problem was. All of the dialogue for the thralls are hellos marked with the goodbye flag so there was no way to interact with them because the highest priority dialogue type was marked as a goodbye.

I figured out what the problem was. All of the dialogue for the thralls are hellos marked with the goodbye flag so there was no way to interact with them because the highest priority dialogue type was marked as a goodbye.

odd, but if thats the issue then you need to copy the hello dialog that you found as overwrite into your esp then remove the goodbye flag from it and add response dialogs to start communication from there. you can then add the goodbye flags to your final response

odd, but if thats the issue then you need to copy the hello dialog that you found as overwrite into your esp then remove the goodbye flag from it and add response dialogs to start communication from there. you can then add the goodbye flags to your final response

You can't respond to hello's, they are just greetings. Anyway I solved the problem. Mod works now.

the response data in a greeting package is what is said by the person being spoken to in this case the thralls faction so when you're looking to get thralls to speak actual words that don't sound like moans you would put those words in the "response data" of the greeting package.

that gives an open dialogue to respond how ever you choose...

pahe slaves are added to the thrall faction during enslavement so all of this can be done regardless of their faction without any moaning

anyhow, you've done your thing i'll be on my way now

Archived