As you all know, Skyrim has a very big problem with memory leaks. My biggest problem is that if I have started a new game and then I install a mod, no matter how light that mod is it will always slow down the loading screens a LOT. This forces me to never install a mod when I'm playing, as installing one would force me to make a new game so I won't suffer from this loading screen problem.

A few days ago, I asked in Reddit about how could I fix that, and one guy told me:

"Uh well, ENB fixed loadings for me. Also when I install any mod the first time loading is longer for me. Sometimes it also happens randomly I have pretty long loading screens. I suggest you try ENB. You don't have to use the post processing."

I told him that since I use a low-end computer, I can't use ENB. He then said:

"Yes, but you don't have to use the beautiful part of the ENB. I dunno if there is a setting to disable that part, but use the fixes, but I do know that every time you start the game you can press Shift + F12, if I am not mistaken, and you will get your vanilla looks but you still get the memory fixes and crash fixes and all that. It should help with your loadings. For me it fixed endless loading and a ton of crashes on a heavy modded skyrim. I just traded 30 FPS (got 60 without ENB) but I can turn it off anytime and still get the fixes while playing at 60 FPS."

Then I told him about how people complain about LONGER loading screens when installing ENB and that my game doesn't reach 60 FPS. He answered me with this:

"Your performance doesn't matter as long as you set up the ENB correctly and don't use the post processing stuff. As for if I am sure, I am speaking from experience but from what I learned from Skyrim and modding every person has a different experience with it lol. It was the only idea I had and it may be worth a try. If you decide to try and it doesn't work, you can use a program that uninstalls all the ENB stuff without you having to worry about what you are supposed to delete and what not. The only thing you will waste in the process is time, and I'm warning you, if you wanna set up ENB correctly you will spend quite some time. I gotta ask tho, are you using MO/Nexus or how else do you install these mods? And how longer do the loading screens become after you install any mod? I suppose it's significantly longer since you are posting this."

Is this guy right? Should I install those ENB files to fix the loading screen problem? I'm SO lost here.

you not post your machine caracteristics.. and need your load order.. plus any orientation over HOW LONG are your loading screens...

ENB have the graphical post-procesing but have an option for disable it and is called ENBoost.. for activate it put this option in your enblocal.ini == UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
this disable the graphical post-procesing and disable the Shift + F12 keys leaving only the memory and process optimization of ENB...

i have a medium machine.. i5 4460 with 8 gb + old gtx 660 2gb.. have near 170 mod's with NMM and none problem.. 60 fps at 1920x1080 near constant.. i only use skse memory.. have ENBoost but only activate it when have problems with some mods... same about Crash Fixes... i not need ENBoost for play.. my game give me the same stability, fps and response time with and without ENBoost...

the first time a mod is instaled the game must make some verifications and the machine must put it in cache.. then the first time you activate a mod you can have and adittional time to load.. but must be reduced when you load a save with the same mods..

my loading time can vary a lot the first time start skyrim because depend of cache.. same for the first time i load a savegame.. but when i'm playing loading a savegame take from 5 to 10 seconds.. some times less..

how many time need you?? and with what machine??

you not post your machine caracteristics.. and need your load order.. plus any orientation over HOW LONG are your loading screens...

ENB have the graphical post-procesing but have an option for disable it and is called ENBoost.. for activate it put this option in your enblocal.ini == UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

this disable the graphical post-procesing and disable the Shift + F12 keys leaving only the memory and process optimization of ENB...

i have a medium machine.. i5 4460 with 8 gb + old gtx 660 2gb.. have near 170 mod's with NMM and none problem.. 60 fps at 1920x1080 near constant.. i only use skse memory.. have ENBoost but only activate it when have problems with some mods... same about Crash Fixes... i not need ENBoost for play.. my game give me the same stability, fps and response time with and without ENBoost...

the first time a mod is instaled the game must make some verifications and the machine must put it in cache.. then the first time you activate a mod you can have and adittional time to load.. but must be reduced when you load a save with the same mods..

my loading time can vary a lot the first time start skyrim because depend of cache.. same for the first time i load a savegame.. but when i'm playing loading a savegame take from 5 to 10 seconds.. some times less..

how many time need you?? and with what machine??

Loading screens take like 4-6 seconds normally. After installing a mod, it increases 5-7 seconds (added).

My load orders is:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

SkyUI.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

FNIS.esp

FNIS_PCEA2.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

XPMSE.esp

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

JaxonzNameGen.esp

Purewaters.esp

Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp

Improved Dragon Shouts.esp

Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

moveitLWT.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

No More Glowing Edges.esp

TransmuteAll.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

Extended UI.esp

VioLens.esp

HeartBreaker.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp

NoRadialBlur.esp

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

Point The Way.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp

Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp

AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp

BetterQuestObjectives.esp

NonEssentialChildren.esp

Bounty Gold.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers_Droppable.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

Glowing Eyes.esp

NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp

Tempest.esp

Serana No Hood.esp

_tck_SpellCrafting.esp

SpellChargingFramework.esp

Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp

HelmetToggle.esp

AncientTonguesSword.esp

Serana.esp

RiversideLodge.esp

One handed Crossbow.esp

Immersive Travel.esp

isilNarsil.esp

HoldBorderBanners.esp

Ultimate merging.esp

NoLeveledItemRewards.esp

SilverDragonArmor.esp

12FemaleBrows.esp

UnrelentingForce200%.esp

Timescale5.esp

IAmTheRad_SummonKarstaagUnlimited.esp

Crossbows_Basic_Collection_EN_LL.esp

Pauldrons.esp

DragonCarvedArmorSet.esp

fine goods from morrowind.esp

PaladinArtifactsAndArmor.esp

TentacleEnt.esp

j3x-autocrossbows.esp

Ursine Armour - Non HDT.esp

Knight Of Thorns Armor.esp

Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp

PlatedMagiArmor.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

EzEWorldMap.esp

And my system specs are:

-Intel Core i5 - 2450M, 2.5GHz

-Nvdia GeForce 610M 2GB

-8GB RAM

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

BTW, if you are uncomfortable speaking english, you can speak to me in spanish. (Because you're spanish, right? That name...)

Ive heard that and i used ENB just for it on my craptop, its legit

just turn the ENB off or your comp might explode if u load a save lol

I once tried ENB. Started a save and got 5 FPS. 15 seconds later, the game crashed XD

Then, how did you install it? What do I exactly need?

"Loading screens normally taken as 4-6 seconds. After installing a mod, increases 5-7 seconds (the original)."

these times are normal .. i do not understand your problem .. how many frames per second you have ??

you have 80 Mod on a low machine... not bad .. some are a bit heavy as Purewaters and Ordinator..

you can remove Skyrim optimization Project .. is only required when using Realistic Lighting Overhaul...

if your game make CTD when use ENB can be bad configured... be sure you are ussing the last version of ENB and try with my ebnlocal.ini that is configured for use ENBoost on nvidia cards with 2 gb... can't attach a .ini.. 

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=1920
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=true
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixParallaxTerrain=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false
[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false
[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

and yes .. I am from Spain .. but this is a public forum .. we must speak English... or something..

ENBoost is part of the ENB Framework, but can be used without enabling any graphical overrides.

What it does is basically offloads RAM requirements into a second executable, allowing you to increase the amount of memory available to Skyrim to load things like textures. It also makes it more stable in general.

All the details of how to install it are found here: http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

There is literally no reason not to use this.

While you are at it, install the Crash Fixes SKSE plugin as well.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

make sure you fully read both of those pages!

"Loading screens normally taken as 4-6 seconds. After installing a mod, increases 5-7 seconds (the original)."

these times are normal .. i do not understand your problem .. how many frames per second you have ??

you have 80 Mod on a low machine... not bad .. some are a bit heavy as Purewaters and Ordinator..

you can remove Skyrim optimization Project .. is only required when using Realistic Lighting Overhaul...

if your game make CTD when use ENB can be bad configured... be sure you are ussing the last version of ENB and try with my ebnlocal.ini that is configured for use ENBoost on nvidia cards with 2 gb... can't attach a .ini.. 

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

ForceFakeVideocard=false

IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=1920

EnableCompression=false

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=16

EnableVSync=true

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

ForceLodBias=false

LodBias=0.0

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=true

FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num / 106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=false

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]

EnableEdgeAA=false

EnableTemporalAA=false

EnableSubPixelAA=false

EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=false

IgnoreInventory=true

FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true

FixSsaoHairTransparency=true

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=true

FixSubSurfaceScattering=true

FixParallaxTerrain=true

FixSkyReflection=true

FixCursorVisibility=true

FixLag=false

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=0

PriorityMode=0

EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]

EnableLongExposureMode=false

Time=1.0

BlendMax=0.0

and yes .. I am from Spain .. but this is a public forum .. we must speak English... or something..

When I say 4-6 seconds and then 5-7 seconds added I mean I end up having like 12 seconds loading screen. And that's just the beginning.

OK, so I finally installed the whole thing and it doesn't crash, GOOD. Problem now is that ENBoost is using the INTEGRATED video card instead of the Nvidia one. How can I fix this? Does it have anything to do with me having installed the Wrapper version?

I've set the Nvidia control panel to ALWAYS use the Nvidia card. Would that overwrite the ENB "selection"?

BIG EDIT: My game was saved inside my Skyrim home I decided to go out to test the FPS. Skyrim doesn't even begin with the loading screen.

Welp, looks like this was a horrendous idea since the beginning. What I tried to fix I've made it even worse.

OK, so I finally installed the whole thing and it doesn't crash, GOOD. Problem now is that ENBoost is using the INTEGRATED video card instead of the Nvidia one. How can I fix this? Does it have anything to do with me having installed the Wrapper version?

I've set the Nvidia control panel to ALWAYS use the Nvidia card. Would that overwrite the ENB "selection"?

BIG EDIT: My game was saved inside my Skyrim home I decided to go out to test the FPS. Skyrim doesn't even begin with the loading screen.

Welp, looks like this was a horrendous idea since the beginning. What I tried to fix I've made it even worse.

http://forum.step-project.com/forum/57-enb-support/

This guide has led to massive stabilization with my games:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

Thanks for the help really. But I consider this topic closed. Fuck, I run a low end computer! I don't even know what I'm really trying to fix here!

Thanks for the help really. But I consider this topic closed. Fuck, I run a low end computer! I don't even know what I'm really trying to fix here!

I fixed my long/occasionally endless loading screen problem by disabling auto save. Try that.

my experience with enb/enboost is pretty different. with enb/enboost load screen lasts much longer but on the other hand game becomes more stable i can play longer without hitting ram limit but somehow game feels a little sluggish not smooth whereas without enb/enboost my saves loads much faster, games feels smooth as fuck but there is risk of hitting ram limit pretty easily and quickly and i can't play more than few minutes. so enboost has its advantages and disadvantages. im eagerly waiting for special edition so that i can get rid of enboost to be quite honest.

I fixed my long/occasionally endless loading screen problem by disabling auto save. Try that.

I always have it disabled

my experience with enb/enboost is pretty different. with enb/enboost load screen lasts much longer but on the other hand game becomes more stable i can play longer without hitting ram limit but somehow game feels a little sluggish not smooth whereas without enb/enboost my saves loads much faster, games feels smooth as fuck but there is risk of hitting ram limit pretty easily and quickly and i can't play more than few minutes. so enboost has its advantages and disadvantages. im eagerly waiting for special edition so that i can get rid of enboost to be quite honest.

I'm with you. Without ENBoost, loading screens DO happen and the game runs much smoother. I hardly ever hit the RAM limit and crash.