View File

Community Restraints Pack

Version 1.2c / 4.2.17

This pack is an attempt to unify the available restraints for Fallout 4 into a single dependency in order to make them available to modders and users without the need to distribute them with the individual mods. In addition to the assets, CRP offers a broad range of keywords for identification of items by other mods and implements a dedicated Workshop Bench for all these nice things. Credit has been given where credit is due, check bottom of this post.
I have also taken the liberty and reduced the amount of items due to different color schemes to a minimum. Instead, wherever applicable, the ingame modding system has been put to good use. Most items that come in different colors can be painted at any Armor Workbench in the game.

I. Requirements
II. Content
III. Keywords
IV. Mods
V. Credits

I. Requirements & Installation
You require a copy of Fallout 4 and all DLCs. Fallout 4 Script Extender is not required.

• Fallout 4 (Base Game)
  • All DLCs / Season Pass

As per usual, copy the contents of this mod to your Fallout4/Data folder.
Load the .esm before any of the mods that utilize CRP.

Be advised: if you have previously downloaded one of the integrated restraints stand-alone version, you will get some override prompts. I strongly recommend not to override files.

II. Content
All assets from this mod have been made available from the crafting system ingame at a new dedicated Restraints Workbench for you to build in your settlements. As far as possible, the ingame modification system via the Armor Workbench has been used to allow color switching. Be aware that different mods may use duplicates from this asset pack that cannot be crafted and need to be acquired through means implemented in the specific mod. Refer to the specific mod for help and questions.

This mod does not add any functionality to the items in question. Refer to other mods for adding functionality.

Recipes

• New 'Restraints Workbench' available for you to build in your settlements.
  • Base Restraints can be crafted at the new 'Restraints Workbench'.
  • Modifications to restraints can be applied and changed at any vanilla Armor Workbench.

Base Restraints

• Makeshift Slave Collar (DixiePig's Slave Collar)
  • Makeshift Handcuffs (DixiePig's Handcuffs)
  • Makeshift Ankle Cuffs (DixiePig's Anklecuffs)
  • Institute Slave Collar (Vioxsis; paintable at Armor Workbench)
  • Institute Handcuffs (Vioxsis; paintable at Armor Workbench)
  • Institute Ankle Cuffs (Vioxsis; paintable at Armor Workbench)
  • Institute Belt (Vioxsis; paintable at Armor Workbench)
  • Vault-Tec Collar (Vioxsis)
  • Vault-Tec Anklecuffs (Vioxsis)
  • Vault-Tec Handcuffs (Vioxsis)

Modifications

• Explosive Charge Module
  • Shock Module
  • Injector Module
  • Paint Jobs for all items that come in different colors.

Balancing

• All the implemented restraints have sort-of realistic crafting requirements. No perks are needed (for now), but the components vary depending on what technology is behind the restraint in question.
  • The caps value and weight of restraints have been adjusted towards their worth in components and how advanced they are.

III. Keywords
A broad range of keywords has been implemented in this pack, they are applied to the delivered gear and should make it easy for other users to utilize them. They range from simple identification ('crpKeywordGear') that tells mods that the item in question may be worth having a second look at to specific details of what the item is capable of ('crpKeywordFeatureExplosive').

Of course these keywords also support dynamic attachment of modules, like the stated Explosive Charge for collars or, if you wanted, plugs or anything really. The system used is identical to the way vanilla Fallout 4 handles modifications.

If you have further questions about implementation, what keywords do or how to make your own mod's restraints be craftable from the 'Restraints Workbench' ask in the thread or send me a PM. I will try to respond as soon as possible.

IV. Mods
F4: Slavery System

V. Credits
Bethesda for Fallout 4 & Creation Kit
DixiePig
Vioxsis

Any credits given on the respective credited mod authors pages also apply for this project and the people in question may consider themselves thanked for their work.

Please enjoy, give me feedback about what keywords and stuffs you'd like to have and if you even think having a pack like this is a good idea. If you know of anything I should implement into the pack - let me know in the thread or via PM!

Personal Note: this is the first time I work with the new modification system in Fallout 4. Things may not be perfect. Please, don't hestitate to tell me about possible improvements. Also, I hope the blue color doesn't give you eye cancer. If it does, tell me so I can reconsider my choice.

Edited by CPU

Wow feels like stuff is really taking off lately. Great idea. There's a blindfold mod on nexus (don't have the link handy) Might wanna contact them.

Cheers.

It doesn't add anything that you couldn't already download, but provides a base line for people to work of, if they want to. Mainly, it's about the Restraints Workbench and having the ability to easily mod your restraints, without having different versions of the same thing in different colors.

I'm very hesitant to get things from the Nexus implemented. I think there's a reason they published it over there and not here...

I'll have a look anyway. However, with some time, we should get LL blindfolds as well! =)

Wow feels like stuff is really taking off lately. Great idea. There's a blindfold mod on nexus (don't have the link handy) Might wanna contact them.

Cheers.

It doesn't add anything that you couldn't already download, but provides a base line for people to work of, if they want to. Mainly, it's about the Restraints Workbench and having the ability to easily mod your restraints, without having different versions of the same thing in different colors.

I'm very hesitant to get things from the Nexus implemented. I think there's a reason they published it over there and not here...

I'll have a look anyway. However, with some time, we should get LL blindfolds as well! =)

Not always. A lot of newer modders may not know about LL yet. Like I imagine the guy who did the recent bondage pose idles probably doesn't, been meaning to shoot him a PM. The Nexus also attracts a lot of foreign modders who likewise might not know about LL yet as the Japanese etc... mod showcase sites don't link to here.

Anyway sounds like a good foundation. 

Cheers.

Not always. A lot of newer modders may not know about LL yet. Like I imagine the guy who did the recent bondage pose idles probably doesn't, been meaning to shoot him a PM. The Nexus also attracts a lot of foreign modders who likewise might not know about LL yet as the Japanese etc... mod showcase sites don't link to here.

Anyway sounds like a good foundation. 

Hmm. Fair enough.

Bondage poses?

What bondage poses? Link, or it didn't happen! :D

Nice! And I see the Slavery System got an update too since I last checked... I guess it's time to give Fallout another try :)

Thanks for your hard work!

You're welcome. Don't forget to report bugs!

This mod does not add any functionality to the items in question. Refer to other mods for adding functionality.

This is a resource pack and I intend to expand it whenever someone releases something that fits into this pack. The quote above is from the OP, try to read the OP please. There actually is useful information about what the mod does in there.

Most important feature of this is the Restraints Workbench that allows you to craft the restraints as well as the ability to color them and add modules on any normal Armor Workbench.

Edit: Just hotpatched F4SS to work with Community Restraints Pack!

Hmm. Fair enough.

Bondage poses?

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/19030/?

TBH they are pretty rough, but the guy seems like an absolute beginner. It pays to check the recent files every few days  :)

Here's the blindfolds one:

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/11262/?

Since that one isn't as explicitly kinky maybe your point stands but it never hurts to ask.

Tnx for your work Ag12, much appreciated, especially the keywords and the customizations for the items.

if you're interested I'd like to suggest three other modifications:

Magnetic Repulsor -> Wrists: Doesn't allow to equip two handed weapons

Magnetic Attractor -> Wrists: Something like an Armbinder, when the poses will be aviable

Magnetic Attractor -> Ankle: Cause the actor to ragdoll if goes away

Let me know if you need other ideas about and again, good work ;)

Nice, I'll look into using this in my mods, the tricky bit is adding my scripts to them to use in my mod.

Not really that hard. You can either attach the scripts to the base items, e.g. crpArmorCollarInstitute01 or duplicate said collar, retain the keywords and rename the thing 'Halstrom's Mega Collar'. The whole naming convention for modifications is completely independent from the base name of the item, if you were to go and color the thing red, it'd be 'Red Halstrom's Mega Collar'!

However, if you decide to apply the scripts to the base object, please try to ensure that they don't interfere with stuff they shouldn't interfere with. Example: if you're focusing on player slavery, try to implement a check that the collar only does something if equipped on the player, not on any other NPCs. Or vice versa, obviously.

If you have any questions, let me know. Be aware that I'll be out of town until next Tuesday, though.

Hmm. Fair enough.

Bondage poses?

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/19030/?

TBH they are pretty rough, but the guy seems like an absolute beginner. It pays to check the recent files every few days  :)

Here's the blindfolds one:

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/11262/?

Since that one isn't as explicitly kinky maybe your point stands but it never hurts to ask.

Noted.

Tnx for your work Ag12, much appreciated, especially the keywords and the customizations for the items.

Magnetic Attractor -> Wrists: Something like an Armbinder, when the poses will be aviable

Cool ideas! They'd fit well to the Institute series, or, if we ever get one, a BoS series. However, all I could do in this mod is implement the modules and workbench modability, not the actual scripts. CRP will not contain any sort of 'features', it's meant to build a basis for other people to work off and not deliver content, which would put it in danger of becoming incompatible with other mods that do similar things.

Cool ideas! They'd fit well to the Institute series, or, if we ever get one, a BoS series. However, all I could do in this mod is implement the modules and workbench modability, not the actual scripts. CRP will not contain any sort of 'features', it's meant to build a basis for other people to work off and not deliver content, which would put it in danger of becoming incompatible with other mods that do similar things.

Uhm.. so the question become relevant:

Ths mod should be considered some sort of "Zaz pack" for fallout 4 or eventually the first step of a bigger system (like a 'DD Assets')?

If you need some other ideas just let me know which direction elaborate, I always enjoy a bit of brainstorming...

Idea:

What about using some Decal on the Collars (like the Skins on the power armors)? This way would be easy to create the "series".

In the fallout lore the people dosen't create almost anything, they recycle, this way it could be also simple for you.

Instead of a new model (that might/maynot be created) you add a Decal like:

BoS, Nuka worlds gangs, Overboss, Forged, Children of Atom, Rust Devil, Diamond City, Some Vaults and Various different (to emulate the various band of raiders)

Leaving outside Goodneighbor, the Railroad and the institute (they use their own, that -could- have a decal if used by someone else)

Uhm.. I could really use some parameter to follow or I risk to come out with some weird ideas like "slaves power armors"

Really happy to see this kind of mod happening ! Having a base framework is a good step forward to motivate people to create for the game, because they now know where to put their work at.

Ths mod should be considered some sort of "Zaz pack" for fallout 4 or eventually the first step of a bigger system (like a 'DD Assets')?

So, obviously I can't talk for ag12 but my understanding is that this is a "DDa-like" mod with an extensibility twist (?)

From an outsider perspective, the FO4 assets management system seems different from the Skyrim assets management system, and I believe it's because the modder's design patterns evolved and the game engine evolved a bit (now we can add components to items, like in guns).

Assets or in-game resources are linked to several keywords (categories) and it becomes easier to manage these categories using resource frameworks like this one for restraints, or AWKCR for base and modded weapon/armor/clothing. This means that, to equip a random explosive collar, you'll just have to select an item which is in both the "crpCollars" + "crpFeatureExplosive" categories - and you could then attach an explosive mod to it before equipping it on the player. This means that modders don't really have to write complex item selection algorithms to select complex things. This also means that future modders won't have to write out special cases when things like DDx are added, and they would have access to DDx items directly. Note that I'm talking out of thin air and might be completely wrong (maybe that was in Skyrim or maybe I didn't understand the FO4 concept).

This is however not a DDi-like framework (the one that makes the restraints lockable) and my understanding is that Kimy and Min are the ones working on that. Hopefully the two components will work together to make a single FO4 DD framework.

Really happy to see this kind of mod happening ! Having a base framework is a good step forward to motivate people to create for the game, because they now know where to put their work at.

So, obviously I can't talk for ag12 but my understanding is that this is a "DDa-like" mod with an extensibility twist (?)

From an outsider perspective, the FO4 assets management system seems different from the Skyrim assets management system, and I believe it's because the modder's design patterns evolved and the game engine evolved a bit (now we can add components to items, like in guns).

Assets or in-game resources are linked to several keywords (categories) and it becomes easier to manage these categories using resource frameworks like this one for restraints, or AWKCR for base and modded weapon/armor/clothing. This means that, to equip a random explosive collar, you'll just have to select an item which is in both the "crpCollars" + "crpFeatureExplosive" categories - and you could then attach an explosive mod to it before equipping it on the player. This means that modders don't really have to write complex item selection algorithms to select complex things. This also means that future modders won't have to write out special cases when things like DDx are added, and they would have access to DDx items directly. Note that I'm talking out of thin air and might be completely wrong (maybe that was in Skyrim or maybe I didn't understand the FO4 concept).

This is however not a DDi-like framework (the one that makes the restraints lockable) and my understanding is that Kimy and Min are the ones working on that. Hopefully the two components will work together to make a single FO4 DD framework.

My understanding of the Fallout 4 modding is limited (actually I've maded only a few test mods), so I couldn't be absolute sure about.

Anyway my tought about: [i'll use some Skyrim's mod as example, only to be clear]

Not adding a too much specific script is a good idea. The things will be managed by the system of the mods depending on the Keywords applied without the risk of a "basic interference" from the resource mod and also the mods stay really light-scripted (always good).

But, in my opinion, a Generic Script should be placed to send the events and allow the mods to react.

For example:

You have a Shock collar by "Cursed Loot", you trigger the "SD+" enslavement so the old Shock collar get removed and the Exposive get placed

If there's a basic script that have an Alias on the PC who has an Inventory filter (for equip/unequip) for all the "HasADeviceKeyword" and send a custom event like:

"Hey everyone listening: THE PC HAS NO MORE THE COLLAR X"

You avoid a potential confilct because in that case the "cursed loot" could manage the event and deactivate itself (for example)

Also another useful script could be some "pre-made" effect of the collar that could be called from other mods

NOT linked with the devices itself, only an accessible function like "Blow head and Kill" or "apply drugs effect for X seconds" or "Send Shock Visual effect" etc.

These are all things light and all useful as compatibility mesures.

Anyway, back to the concrete suggestion:

1)If i've understood right the collars have only a Paint Add-on and a Component add-on (I couldn't use Fallout 4 this days to check)

I'd like to suggest to add at least 3 Slot for the Add-on + the Paint add-on... Like various functions that could be enabled or not.

If a Slave runs away maybe shock him as advice is better than make him explode and lost the slave (and damaging the collar)

Also this will make possible various mod to work togheter instead to step each other feets, for example:

Exploding collar if you get too far ["SD+"] and shocking collar if you equip clothes ["Cursed Loot"]

The problem with Skyrim was that we need different items to place differents scripts, but with the Addon we simply check if a Keyword is there and then apply directly on a specific alias... everyone win [except the slave].

This alone could extend the mods compatibility by a big step.

(And the module could be placed also in differents devices and still work, a shock is efficient both in the Neck than in the ankles, an injection also)

2)Alarm Module: Emits flashes and acustic signal

3)Anti clocking Module: If the wearer lower itself too much/too long (Sneak mode) the Module active itself

4)Chocking module: collar only

Uhm... still on random ideas:

What about "Effect module" and "Activation module"

The first does things (like explode)

The seconds tells to the first when to do that (When Running/Sneaking/getting too far/reciving That Script event)

So the structure of the Devices will be:

Item:

->Activation Module n.1

->Activation Module n.2

->Activation Module n.3

->Effect Module N.1

->Effect Module N.2

->Effect Module N.3

->Paint

->Decal

Activation N.1 Works on Effect N.1

Activation N.2 Works on Effect N.2

Activation N.3 Works on Effect N.3

uhm.. Any thought about?

Well if it does expand, then there are a whole host of other things to add later, Milking pumps, Chasity Belts, Diapers, Gags, Dildoes etc

The features are also infinite, I've already got teleporting the wearer back to the institute if they escape and remain outdoors long enough for a signal lock.

But there can be remote shock, stimulation, cum inhibition etc triggered by events like:

Proximity to places, NPC's, creatures, radio transmissions, worn outfits or objects.

Stat or level changes for fertility, arousal, radiation, health, movement speed, animations.

so when i download this do i still need the Fallout slavery sytem or is it included?

You will need to download both mods if want use them, F4:Slavery System is not included here, these are two separate mods

ok thx for the info.

Yeah, this mod works stand-alone. F4SS needs this mod to work.

This just adds the assets, F4SS adds functionality to the items.

Towards DexesTTP and the others from earlier in the thread: Kimy is working on DD(i) and I'm in contact with her about it.

We're trying to get it all unified and compatible. It may actually be that this CRP is obsolete once we move forward with DD, but we're still in the process of determining what we need for our mods (mostly, me for F4SS and Kimy for DCW) and how we can get that into one framework without messing with each others functionalities. That's actually hard than you might imagine since DCW (and most other mods for that matter) have their focus on player slavery while F4SS focuses on NPCs.